LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Indy Dreamworld, Covid, Banned, my thoughts

I joined one of the more popular ABDL groups on fetlifeyears ago and quickly got the notion it was moderated by some of the younger and "cooler" people in ABDL. I'm not a big group user here, but I check it out every now and again to see if there is anything interesting. Today I saw a post about Indy Dreamworld, an ageplay convention being hosted in Indianapolis Indiana on March 12 and sponsored by the My Inner Baby shop and ABU. I think that's great, I think there should be many more Ageplay events in the world. The comments were very negative saying "It's irresponsible because of Covid," "They aren't taking privacy seriously," "They are trying to guilt trip people into going."

I responded that Covid is here to stay, it's quickly going from pandemic to endemic and that if you took the vaccine/booster like I did you probably had the Omicron variant without knowing it. If we wait for Covid to go away we'll never do anything the rest of our lives. I also stated that some of the other concerns were valid, and if you were worried about your privacy you shouldn't go.

Shortly later I've been permanently banned from the group. I kind of expected the post to get closed to avoid an argument about Covid, but I didn't expect that to happen.  In early 2020, I lost several friends online defending my states tough lockdowns and mitigations.  I think they were right then, but that was two years ago.  

I'm not really all that devastated about getting banned from the group, I checked it once a week and it was the same posts over and over again. What I am concerned about was the reaction, I'm quite certain I didn't write anything that controversial, I didn't attack anyone or anything. Basically I feel like the two ideological camps in our Nation and maybe the whole world, are entrenched to positions based on group think and any divergence from the accepted ideology is sacrilege to be silenced.

The worst internet beating I've ever been given was when I questioned a LGBTQ friend on facebook when they suggested that everyone should stop using the term husband and wife and switch completely to the term partner. I think that's fine if that's the term you want to use, but you shouldn't tell other couples what terms they should and shouldn't use with each other.  Every 18-24 gender queer keyboard warrior piled on begging for me to have my eyeballs ripped out by crows and expounding about how much better the world would be if hateful biggots like me were dead.  Of course these are the same people I've defended countless times to my right wing conservative friends.  

Long story short, I've never liked the right, and every day I'm finding it harder to like the left. Why can't we have a middle option?

• Like 6

Because people have forgotten how to agree to disagree. Compromise is seen as weakness and attacked. Open-mindedness is seen as cowardly, because it is mis-perceived as having no courage to stick to your principles. This is a very sad state of human affairs, and it's widespread. Politics, social norms, and basic human integrity are called into question constantly. This sucks. Worldwide society  has become so polarized that opposing opinions are attacked, derided and shouted down. To be reasonable is seen as a sign of stupidity, and that's very sad. All of which brings me back to my most basic comment on the human condition...PASATS...People Are Stupid And They Suck. 

Here at DD we try hard not to do that. We consider ourselves an all-inclusive environment here where all opinions are welcome to be expressed. The only danger is when people get attacked for differing viewpoints, and that's when the Admin Team steps in.  Please feel free to spend more time here with us. :D

• Like 6

Wow.  Sorry you had such an unpleasant experience.

Pile-ons, flame-wars and trolling have been a thing pretty much since the internet was a thing so they’re probably just an electronic reflection of some of the shortcomings of human nature but there may also be something more to it than that and I think @spoonchicken is close to the mark.

There is a distinct pattern of people being unable to discriminate between a debate and a fight. 

I see it in my own kids.  They were taught these thought patterns at school and at university and they have (for now at least) eclipsed the zeitgeist of reason and debate that I tried to inculcate in them. 

They don’t see “other person” or "alternative idea" in a debate.  They see “bad person”, or “wrong person” or most likely of all “must be cancelled person” (I am aghast that my own kids are enthusiastic proponents of cancel culture).

They are not interested in a contest of ideas.  They interested in deleting their enemies who they perceive MUST be enemies because they have unaligned views.  I can remember one of them hurling “fascist” at me once as an insult and I broke up laughing at the irony of it.  That they could not see that irony however made me sad later.

It’s a nuanced thing on the ‘net however.  There are cranks out there that peddle misinformation that can and does do damage.  Somehow we need to walk a line on that but in your case, it seems that you just experienced what “debate” can look like to a lot of people these days…

2 hours ago, Sarah_Hillcrest said:

Long story short, I've never liked the right, and every day I'm finding it harder to like the left. Why can't we have a middle option?

It will be very different when I rule the world, I can assure you ?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Sarah_Hillcrest said:

I joined one of the more popular ABDL groups on fetlifeyears ago and quickly got the notion it was moderated by some of the younger and "cooler" people in ABDL. I'm not a big group user here, but I check it out every now and again to see if there is anything interesting. Today I saw a post about Indy Dreamworld, an ageplay convention being hosted in Indianapolis Indiana on March 12 and sponsored by the My Inner Baby shop and ABU. I think that's great, I think there should be many more Ageplay events in the world. The comments were very negative saying "It's irresponsible because of Covid," "They aren't taking privacy seriously," "They are trying to guilt trip people into going."

I responded that Covid is here to stay, it's quickly going from pandemic to endemic and that if you took the vaccine/booster like I did you probably had the Omicron variant without knowing it. If we wait for Covid to go away we'll never do anything the rest of our lives. I also stated that some of the other concerns were valid, and if you were worried about your privacy you shouldn't go.

Shortly later I've been permanently banned from the group. I kind of expected the post to get closed to avoid an argument about Covid, but I didn't expect that to happen.  In early 2020, I lost several friends online defending my states tough lockdowns and mitigations.  I think they were right then, but that was two years ago.  

I'm not really all that devastated about getting banned from the group, I checked it once a week and it was the same posts over and over again. What I am concerned about was the reaction, I'm quite certain I didn't write anything that controversial, I didn't attack anyone or anything. Basically I feel like the two ideological camps in our Nation and maybe the whole world, are entrenched to positions based on group think and any divergence from the accepted ideology is sacrilege to be silenced.

The worst internet beating I've ever been given was when I questioned a LGBTQ friend on facebook when they suggested that everyone should stop using the term husband and wife and switch completely to the term partner. I think that's fine if that's the term you want to use, but you shouldn't tell other couples what terms they should and shouldn't use with each other.  Every 18-24 gender queer keyboard warrior piled on begging for me to have my eyeballs ripped out by crows and expounding about how much better the world would be if hateful biggots like me were dead.  Of course these are the same people I've defended countless times to my right wing conservative friends.  

I can tell you as a full on right winger, you are not alone with those blue dog democrats that feel abandoned by your party. Whenever someone on the right tells me we need to start another party, I remind them that the Republican party for all its flaws is my party as a conservative, and it is not I that needs to leave but the elected officials that we have elected that go to public service with quotes about doing what I elected them to do, and getting to Washington to do something else needs to go. Just remember that advise... you didn't leave you beliefs and don't lose hope in your politics.

As far as disagreements go I know several of the fetlife groups run by the younger generation simply have lost that ability to argue without name calling or cancel culture. Its sad is I was once very popular among that crowd until I spoke my mind. I have no regrets. I learned that life does go on. The parties, the munchies, and events. No matter how much they tried to shut me down I am always here.

I know the owner of My Inner Baby personally, and I don't think it will be a problem, Either live your life in a bubble and watch the world pass you by, or go out and live your life. I will choice the path that keeps me out and about. I don't wish ill on those people that want to remain hidden in their homes but I wont.

I'm sorry you had to deal with pseudo friends that could praise you one minute, and attack you the next. Thats horrible. I am truly sorry that you had to experience that from folks that should be more tolerant. 

• Like 3

People these days know they can hide behind words on a screen so they can be bullies even though if you saw them in RL they might not be that way.

It’s one of the unfortunate parts of the internet 

I myself have strong opinions on things like Covid and have expressed them here but I try not to be crazy about it.

But yes we are indeed divided way more then we use to be.

I agree we need to move past this thing and hey if you want to hide and not live your life that’s your business but stop restricting others to live there’s 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Sarah_Hillcrest said:

Isnt it ironic that the people claiming to be all about love and diversity want you tortured and killed it you disagree with them?  Not very loving of them and certainly not very accepting of a different point of view.

The best thing you can do is go on with your life and be happy.  These angry losers just want you to be as miserable as they are.  If you are not playing the crying victim they see you as an oppressor.

• Like 1

Notice that there are a few forum threads about Covid-19 here and we have discussions pro and con.  Why would you need any other AB/DL site other than Daily Diapers?  Getting banned from that site?  Believe me, sounds like it's no big loss.

• Like 2