LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ADULT CLOTH DIAPER SERVICE

AbabeBill

21 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

A long time ago I visited a place in Chicago that provided adult diaper services. I was looking to buy adult cloth diapers.

61vVgDtqThL._AC_SX425_.jpg

That was what they provided. When I asked if they carried any without the vinyl backing, they were confused. I'm still not sure how those are supposed to not leak. They were surprised when I mentioned plastic pants.

Change from green to blue and you can find these in old Sears catalogs.

When needing multiple layers, this backing interferes.

And yes, you still need plastic pants....

2 hours ago, zzyzx said:

Assuming Glennie doesn't delete this...

https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Washable-Adult-Diaper-Briefs/dp/B008BVOYMK/ref=sr_1_94?crid=2A5O3AARH8C5R&keywords=snap+adult+CLOTH+diapers&qid=1643866654&sprefix=snap+adult+cloth+diapers%2Caps%2C208&sr=8-94

https://www.vitalitymedical.com/ibex-snap-reusable-adult-diaper.html

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Reusable-Washable-Incontinent-Diaper-with-Snaps/248589942?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101013384

https://onnyxbeauty.com/products/reusable-washable-incontinence-adult-diaper-with-snaps-3x

All of these mention the waterproof barrier, and none mention the need for plastic pants. The price also varies widely. From $55-70 for 12 to $20 each to $30 each to possibly $55 each!

5 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Sears sold in sets of three.... And from memory, on the inexpensive side of your range, but that was 2+ decades ago.

And I seem to recall seeing at least one reference to these relative to a diaper service in the past, but I don't remember where I saw that.

And as soon as the wicking gets outside the cover, well, if you aren't wearing plastic pants, you will be getting other clothing or sheets wet....

• Like 1

Way back when I was in college, I came across some of those.  I was on my way to work and passing a retirement community.  Well, there was a service van on the shoulder on the opposite side and on the shoulder not far behind him was piles of cloth diapers!   Guy obviously hadn't shut the rear door and quite a bit fell out.  Well, on my way home that evening, I saw that there were still a few stragglers left along the road.. so of course I had to snatch them up.   And it wasn't even worth the time to do that even though they were "free"!  They were about as absorbent as wearing underwear.  And this was the late 1980s.... so disposables were also truly abysmal back then too.   

31 minutes ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Way back when I was in college, I came across some of those.  I was on my way to work and passing a retirement community.  Well, there was a service van on the shoulder on the opposite side and on the shoulder not far behind him was piles of cloth diapers!   Guy obviously hadn't shut the rear door and quite a bit fell out.  Well, on my way home that evening, I saw that there were still a few stragglers left along the road.. so of course I had to snatch them up.   And it wasn't even worth the time to do that even though they were "free"!  They were about as absorbent as wearing underwear.  And this was the late 1980s.... so disposables were also truly abysmal back then too.   

Sounds like, in the movie A Christmas Story. When Ralphie finds out that “Little Orphan Annie’s secret code” is a crummy commercial! “Son of a bitch”! 
Free diapers found on the side of the road, and they’re no good, “son of a bitch”! ?  

18 hours ago, zzyzx said:

I had those from Sears and Montgomery Wards both.   The Sears ones had no snaps, you used pins.   The Wards ones (or was it Pennys) had the snaps.

3 hours ago, willnotwill said:

I had those from Sears and Montgomery Wards both.   The Sears ones had no snaps, you used pins.   The Wards ones (or was it Pennys) had the snaps.

Actually, the set I had from Sears had the snaps....  Not sure of the others.  I believe Montgomery Ward was closed by the time I picked them up.  Don't remember what was in the J C Penny's catalog at the time.

My work used to take me into long term care centres, we did staff training including in the laundries, and at the time (early 2000’s); most of them were moving away from cloth diapers or bed pans, and were putting everyone in disposables. They’d done the math on the labour and infection control issues with washing hundreds of pounds of soiled diapers every day; if the dryer didn’t reach full temperature or if the bleach injection pump didn’t fire, that was an outbreak waiting to happen. Plus rashes we’re a constant issue, and when they dumped reusable diapers, their labour costs plummeted.

However, many of the older places were still transitioning, and lots of them had cloth diapers still in service. They were universally awful looking things, huge, beige or institutional green, and fastened either with snaps or Velcro. Most systems were “all-in-one” garments with thick canvas-like exteriors, that were lined with heavy flannel. None used pins or plastic pants. I had some that we used as props for training, and I was never tempted to try one on. They looked like Soviet military diapers, and they reeked of circling the grave. All of them were used in conjunction with vinyl-backed bed pads, because the diapers leaked almost from the first use, so the bed linens smelled like diapers, too.

I remember one place I had that went over to disposables (and not very good ones either); they then replaced all the common area furniture, and the air quality in the place improved dramatically. It had always, always stunk of stale pee. 

In the 1980’s a baby diaper service in Chalottesville Virginia laundered my birdseye cloth diapers and waterproof pants.  They supplied liner bags for my diaper pail.  Once a week I would drop off the used diapers and pick up me clean diapers from the week before.  They would be spotlessly clean and soft and had no odor.  They would have delivered but I did not want their diaper service van leaving the diapers it my door if I was not at home. Excellent service.  They did not provide the diapers but I already had them.  The cost was minimal considering the convenience and comfort.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, def51 said:

In the 1980’s a baby diaper service in Chalottesville Virginia laundered my birdseye cloth diapers and waterproof pants.  They supplied liner bags for my diaper pail.  Once a week I would drop off the used diapers and pick up me clean diapers from the week before.  They would be spotlessly clean and soft and had no odor.  They would have delivered but I did not want their diaper service van leaving the diapers it my door if I was not at home. Excellent service.  They did not provide the diapers but I already had them.  The cost was minimal considering the convenience and comfort.

Ah! Nice to hear, a satisfied customer! ? 

Having them delivered to the door, would be the hard part. 

This is just a fun fact in school I had a teacher who when young we worked for a diaper service , he was doing his route like normal and was headed back with a truckload of used , when traffic got heavy he wasn’t concerned it was the NY state thruway , and it went from traffic to parking lot . People were literaly abandoning there cars where they sat and walking , naturally he was curious where people were going so eventually he followed  and ended up being stuck in parking lot previously called the thruway , during the day it peace love drugs and music at night he would walk back to the truck and sleep on a giant bed of used diapers, and do it all over again the next day , he was absolutely unaware of his accidental participation in the most legendary music festival crash in history “Woodstock” I doubt he’s still alive , but he was a hell of teacher . He taught English but he would have been awesome as a history teacher . Yes I grew up in the shadow of Max Yasgur’s farm up the road in Bethel of course at the time August of 69 I was filling diapers myself . Max sold all 600 acres in 71 retired to Florida and died about 1973 if memory serves .

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

This is just a fun fact in school I had a teacher who when young we worked for a diaper service , he was doing his route like normal and was headed back with a truckload of used , when traffic got heavy he wasn’t concerned it was the NY state thruway , and it went from traffic to parking lot . People were literaly abandoning there cars where they sat and walking , naturally he was curious where people were going so eventually he followed  and ended up being stuck in parking lot previously called the thruway , during the day it peace love drugs and music at night he would walk back to the truck and sleep on a giant bed of used diapers, and do it all over again the next day , he was absolutely unaware of his accidental participation in the most legendary music festival crash in history “Woodstock” I doubt he’s still alive , but he was a hell of teacher . He taught English but he would have been awesome as a history teacher . Yes I grew up in the shadow of Max Yasgur’s farm up the road in Bethel of course at the time August of 69 I was filling diapers myself . Max sold all 600 acres in 71 retired to Florida and died about 1973 if memory serves .

I guess he thought it better to sleep on a pile of dirty diapers, then in the mud. ? 

I drove through that area many times myself, (in the 80’s) from Pine Bush into PA. Sometimes, I tried to imagine myself among the crowds. 

• 2 years later...

When I was growing up in Los Angeles (50s and 60s), there were no less than three different diaper services delivering weekly in my neighborhood, and all had pin on, cloth adult diapers.  They were also readily available for purchase at infant's wear and medical supply stores.  Vinyl baby pants in adult sizes (and dramatically different quality) were easy to find.  

I began using an adult service when I was 17, and continued to do so when I moved to Toronto, then back to LA, and ultimately to Minneapolis.  Here I was a customer of Crib Diaper Service until they finally shut their doors.  Paired with Comco's wonderful vinyl pants, their diapers (delivered in a gaudily decorated diaper service truck) provided excellent daytime coverage, but needed to be reinforced with baby diaper stuffers at night (this was common to my diaper experience from all these services).

There are excellent cloth diapers available for purchase as we speak.  I have never had to use stuffers with the Baby Pants product at night, and there are many quality products in the marketplace for daytime wear.  However, unless you are a stay at home, disposable are a more practical answer for daytime use.

• Like 2

Have always washed all my own terry and cloth diapers.

But have used a public laundromat when my wash machine had a fault a while ago, but way too expensive. thank goodness i only had to use it twice. Did get a comment from another customer who was there both times, about how big my towels were! :-). But being  a few of my pink, blue, and yellow, square terry cloth, they were really not recognizable as being diapers, and I didn't say they were, to save her, and my embarrassment, and further questions.

My plastic pants got hand washed at home as normal.