LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to Explain Your Diaper Bag

Hi hi hi!

So I am curious about how you navigate explaining why you bring a bag with you to the bathroom to your friends or family that aren't in the know (and who you want to remain clueless) about your diapers?

Possible examples:

• You're at a friend's house for a weekend. You need to go change, but go in carrying your bag. They ask why you need your bag every time you go to the bathroom.
  • At the office, your co-worker sees you grab your bag and head to the door. They ask if you're leaving for the day. You explain you aren't, but then they ask why you're packed and looking ready.

Generally, I don't care too much if strangers at the mall/store/wherever see my bringing in my diaper bag (normal messenger bag), but knowing my friends and family, I could see them asking something because nothing is off the board.

So, how do you avoid this possible question, or how do you go about answering it? Do I just have an unnaturally nosy friend and family group? I know many will likely say, "It doesn't matter," but that doesn't get to the heart of the question.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to reading your replies!

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, PrincessPaci said:

So I am curious about how you navigate explaining why you bring a bag with you to the bathroom to your friends or family that aren't in the know (and who you want to remain clueless) about your diapers?

Unless your incontinent, perhaps the easiest solution would be to wear pull ups or big kid pants and leave the bag at home.

Or you could go in with the bag once, hide some supplies in the bathroom somewhere then you can go in bag free to change.

Or you could hire a friend to causes a distraction, like break into friends/family's cars or fire gun shots into the air then when everyone goes to see what's happening you quickly sneak into the bathroom and change and nobody will know.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Or you could hire a friend to causes a distraction, like break into friends/family's cars or fire gun shots into the air then when everyone goes to see what's happening you quickly sneak into the bathroom and change and nobody will know.

This seems like the only reasonable solution ?

The cost of being 24/7 just went up for me!

But on a real note, my go-to is usually just going with Depends in most instances where it can be planned. One of my thoughts is if I am already out and about and there is an impromptu get together -- but I guess I could just start packing a pull up in my bag and change before I get there.

Thanks! And extra thanks for the laugh!

• Like 2

You can always use the humorous approach and when they ask why you're bringing your bag with you just say so you don't steal my shit. It's best to be over the top with it and say you know I can't trust you and this bag is stuffed with all my worldly possessions.

My family tends to be irreverent and sarcastic and I don't know how they don't know because I do take my diaper bag into the bathroom and I'm in there longer than it would normally take but no one has asked me yet. If they ask me what's in the bag I plan on a deadpan answer of my shit as I look at them like that was the stupidest question ever.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

You could always say you have medical supplies.  You have your blood sugar meter, test strips and medication if you need it in your bag and you test when in the restroom.  If you have a huge bag that looked like a diaper bag, it ain't gonna fly!  Get a small normal looking business type bag that will hold just enough diapers for a change or two (if needed), the smallest most discreet bag you can get away with.

I guess being incontinent, I just go with its my medical supplies.  I carry either a black backpack or black actual diaper bag and do not worry about it. Most people I know already know what it is.  Others, I do not care about.

If you're not incontinent, don't wet in these situations!  Wait till you leave. 

This is something I haven't really given much thought to, because not long after I went 24/7, Covid 19 took over the world, so there hasn't been a lot of staying at other people's houses, and I usually put on a fresh diaper before I got out to socialize, so more often then not, I can make it home again before I need a change; I can generally get 6 - 8 hours or more out of one of my "daytime" diapers. On those occasions when I have stayed over at someone's house, I've been able to put off changing until I'm getting ready for bed, when bringing a small black bag into the washroom with me would make sense - it contains a change of clothes, shaving kit, toothbrush, etc. I don't think anyone is guessing "diaper bag". 

However, I have a golf trip with some buddies on the horizon, including shared hotel rooms, and possibly also a trip to visit my brother, both of which will involve staying in close quarters with others for a few days, so I will have to figure out the logistics of disposing of diapers and getting into new ones, without it being obvious, either because of the sounds of a diaper being swapped, or, the fact that I always emerge from the loo with what looks like a dead raccoon in a bag. 

• Like 1

OK so I have wrestled with this one a lot. Here is my answer.

For work and conferences: your briefcase. Important docs, your laptop etc. You can't leave this stuff lying around. You need your shit with you or it may get stolen. People wont ask.

Best Answer: Special wipes, anal creams, rash ointment. Just say you have a pain in your ass and your doctor recommends them. People don't want to ask anymore than that. If they do, hand them some preparation H you carry in there, or your wipes (NorthShore don't mention incontinence at all on the packaging). I plan on doing this when I play golf, because people start drinking and ask a bunch of questions. MAN, I got some jock itch. Hey bro, me too, can I have some, sure, here's some desitin I swear by this shit.

People really don't ask. I've been doing this all year (ok 3 weeks). But... in some scenarios, they would I get that. Just say you have a man bag! I plan on buying a man bag or murse. Just own it! It's my euro man bag. I keep my anal cream in it. I also plan on keeping a little bag inside of my bag with my diapers in it. The wipes, creams, gloves (I swear by them but some dont that's okay), and disposal bags can sit out. Also carry some breath mints, hand sanitizer, a pen. That way, if your co-workers or friends are onboxious and want to look into it, sure okay here you go!

I carry a backpack some, but I hate backbacks for various reason (I stubbornly refused to use them in college), so I usually use my little black dry bag.

The key is owning it and being confident. Really easy when you wear diapers, right? ?

• Like 1

My diaper bag is a backpack style.  I loves it. It can hold 7 large diapers and 7 booster pads for a full day outing, and I carry a large pack of wipes, a bottle of powder,  a tube of diaper rash cream, latex gloves, disposable scented diaper trash bags, and I carry an extra onesie,  tshirt, and sweatpants incase my diaper leaks and soils my clothing.  And it has a zip pocket that I've currently been using to hold masks because of this covid stuff. Have had this bag for 5yrs now. I never go anywhere without it,  it's just part of my daily life to have it.   I don't have many issues with explaining why.  Unless it's airport tsa or some high security area.   After they go thru my bag. I get cleared to move on.   

• Like 2