LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Airports & Airplanes - always be prepared

Very greatful for these forms. Being somewhat new to wearing full time, I’m thankful my carry on has enough diapers to last my for a couple of days.

Always be prepared! Stay am safe out there!

2 hours ago, munkey said:

Very greatful for these forms. Being somewhat new to wearing full time, I’m thankful my carry on has enough diapers to last my for a couple of days.

Always be prepared! Stay am safe out there!

Diapers are very bulky, and can take up a lot of space in the carry on.   I went on a trip to Norway and Vietnam back in the before time, when you could do stuff like.  It 18 days.  I'm not completely diaper dependent now, and was even less than that back before the pandemic.  I use a carry-on system, which means I travel with a back pack where I carry my electronics, shaving gear, medicine, and a few diapers.  My main carry on goes overhead, and is mostly diapers.  My clothes were quick-dry material, so I could soak them in the sink and they would be dry in the morning.  If I didn't carry diapers, I could have used a backpack- except for the evil undewear.

I've found disposal to be a problem.  It's more of a problem when I stay at friends, or family and don't want to leave a used diaper in their trash.  I'm not as concerned about that when I stay at a hotel.   If it was longer, I would have had to make a trip to store to restock.

The biggest fear that I have is being on a plane and filling my diaper up and needing to change without being able to get into the bathroom.  The last time I was on a flight and needed to change, I was waiting about 10 minutes, and I ended up peeing enough in my full diaper that it leaked and I get obviously wet.  I had to wait until I could get into the restroom and change and then was stuck in wet pants that I had to cover up with my hands until I dried off enough that it was no longer noticeable.

6 hours ago, ken2988 said:

The biggest fear that I have is being on a plane and filling my diaper up and needing to change without being able to get into the bathroom.  The last time I was on a flight and needed to change, I was waiting about 10 minutes, and I ended up peeing enough in my full diaper that it leaked and I get obviously wet.  I had to wait until I could get into the restroom and change and then was stuck in wet pants that I had to cover up with my hands until I dried off enough that it was no longer noticeable.

That would be something that you would have to monitor your diet to avoid those issues on flight.  I think the shorter flights as worse for that than the longer flights.   When the service cart is out, the bathrooms aren't easy to access, but you can go to one side or the other.   But climb and approach require you to be in your seat.  I once got on a flight from St. Louis to Milwaukee, which is a short flight, and needed to pee right after boarding.  I couldn't get up during boarding and we didn't cruise very long.  Basically- it climb and then decent, and we were in a seatbelt.  This was pre-diapers, and 60 minutes of torture.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I have similar planning problems. I travel 24 hours UK to NZ every year and I pack three pull-ups and two nappies in my back-pack then I have a bigger carry-on in which I pack as many as possible of both. I am a bit paranoid about running out! but i have found these plastic bags which I can suck all the air out of with a small pump and that way I can carry a lot more than normally. I am also not against telling the airline staff that I need a bigger bag for my inco needs although I have not had to do that yet.

Spark, The only problem with restocking is to 9a0 find where to go and 9b0 do they have the ones you want? I guess if you are there for long enoughnyou can preorder and have them delivered to the hotel in advance.  One thing is for sure, I am not going to let this minor inconvenience stop me travelling!!!

On 1/7/2022 at 2:42 PM, ken2988 said:

Agreed. Done this before. Just bring a few extras in a smaller bag you can take to the bathroom, leave room for the dirty one JIC. Worst case scenario you should always have a heaven scent bag and double bag if need be. It’s not the end of the world to change in the airlplane bathroom unless you are severely obese. 

Flights, despite what is scheduled, are unpredictable. As a result, in agreement to @munkey preperation is a must.

• Before the flight, change to a clean dry diaper - do this in the bathroom after security check-in but before boarding. (Diaper #1)
  • If the flight duration equals the normal time period that you would change i.e. if the flight time is 3 hours and you would usually change every 3 hours, change the diaper at 1 hour into the flight. This is to ensure that you do not leak on the flight. Also, the different height  / air pressure can affect the functionality of your diaper and the amount of time you use it.
  • When you disembark, change your diaper.

This means that you need to carry at least 3 diapers at check in. Some security may damage 1-2 diapers on security check, which makes the count 5 diapers. As a result, your carry-on is a camera bag or a laptop bag with the 5 diapers in it. It might be a good idea to have a wet diaper before security check-in, as it enforces your need for diapers to the security. You are going to change it before bording the airccraft with one of the diapers in your bag. If you wish to leave the excess diapers in the bathroom so you don't need to bring the extra bulk on the aircraft, it would make your carry-on smaller.

For those who wear cloth, it is advisable to wear disposable while flying. This reduces your diaper bag to only hold 5 diapers, pack of wipes, diaper rash cream. Don't forget the rash cream as there are certain changes on an aircraft that can increase ones suspility to rash including, what they do is adding extra salt & flavouring to the meals since ones taste is reduced in flight. This can create stronger / more caustic urine, and for those who have issues, can cause them to wet / mess more in the time period compared with no flight level.

1 hour ago, babykeiff said:

Flights, despite what is scheduled, are unpredictable. As a result, in agreement to @munkey preperation is a must.

• Before the flight, change to a clean dry diaper - do this in the bathroom after security check-in but before boarding. (Diaper #1)
  • If the flight duration equals the normal time period that you would change i.e. if the flight time is 3 hours and you would usually change every 3 hours, change the diaper at 1 hour into the flight. This is to ensure that you do not leak on the flight. Also, the different height  / air pressure can affect the functionality of your diaper and the amount of time you use it.
  • When you disembark, change your diaper.

This means that you need to carry at least 3 diapers at check in. Some security may damage 1-2 diapers on security check, which makes the count 5 diapers. As a result, your carry-on is a camera bag or a laptop bag with the 5 diapers in it. It might be a good idea to have a wet diaper before security check-in, as it enforces your need for diapers to the security. You are going to change it before bording the airccraft with one of the diapers in your bag. If you wish to leave the excess diapers in the bathroom so you don't need to bring the extra bulk on the aircraft, it would make your carry-on smaller.

For those who wear cloth, it is advisable to wear disposable while flying. This reduces your diaper bag to only hold 5 diapers, pack of wipes, diaper rash cream. Don't forget the rash cream as there are certain changes on an aircraft that can increase ones suspility to rash including, what they do is adding extra salt & flavouring to the meals since ones taste is reduced in flight. This can create stronger / more caustic urine, and for those who have issues, can cause them to wet / mess more in the time period compared with no flight level.

I like changing just prior to security, but if they have a body scanner they may question the liquid, and you may have to change after. 

10 minutes ago, PuraVidaDip said:

I like changing just prior to security, but if they have a body scanner they may question the liquid, and you may have to change after. 

The wet diaper before security check-in may be picked up by the body scanner, but you are planning to change to a dry one before boarding, so if security notice this, it convinces them of your need. Also, since you will be in a private room, and have planned to take this diaper off to change, they may give you the opertunnity to do so so that they can take your wet diaper for analysis. And again, since you are disposing of this wet diaper, it reinforces your innocence for anything that they might be suspecting.

Changing prior to security check and they may not allow you to carry the rest onboard incase that drugs etc are hidden in the diapers. Consider the level of suspession that security have - they trust nobody - and suspect everyone. What you have to do is convince them that you need diapers - and apart from wetting and messing on them, there is really little you can do. However, a wet diaper that needs changing goes a long way - as they will be reluctant to touch it - but will still test same.

So flying to O.M.A NEXT YR and worried sick over security body scanner and also change facilities there after security check point,  also taking spares into theme park ,ie universal Orlando, and disney , also as staying on I drive,  what's the best place to go to get some decent  diapers,  

In response to what Ken### said, I feel your pain as I too had to walk back to my seat in an airplane with wet pants, but in my case, I didn't have a diaper on.  I just couldn't wait to get into the bathroom because of an ongoing issue I had on this trip.  Had the same problem in the terminal, as I was leaving the plane, did not make it to the bathroom in time and rewet my pants again! Thank goodness this was my return home.  At least had a jacket to wrap around my self at that point.  That was a hard lesson and will never travel again without a diaper on!

• Like 1