LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question about Rearz adult bottles

BabyCR

I was thinking about buying some Rearz bottles but I'm worried about the glass construction. How likely is it that said glass will break if it falls off, say, a bedside table onto a hard floor?

Well, here I thought they were plastic.  I had bought one a few years ago, but they've changed out the product line since then.  No experience with the glass.

Reading the description though ---  500ml doesn't really seem like "oversize" to me.  If we are to scale up a baby bottle for adult use, it should be at least the size of a 1L bottle... probably closer to a 2L bottle! 

How hard of a "hard floor"? If wood, I'd guess it's likely to survive. If it's a ceramic tile floor, I'd guess it wouldn't make it (depending on how it hit).

You could always get one of those silicone covers for water/baby bottles designed to protect against this exact thing.

Hi, @BabyCR; I have one of the new-type Rearz adult bottles that is made out of glass. They are pretty sturdy - they have about the same weight to them as a glass ketchup bottle or a standard beer bottle. My guess is that it would likely survive a tumble from a bedside table onto hardwood, and, probably would not survive being dropped off of, say, a kitchen or bathroom counter, onto ceramic tiles, as @none suggests. 

My big question is "what is up with THAT?!". I have not seen a glass baby bottle in over 55 years.I am suprised that Rearz, a semi-medical company as well as ABDL, IC and baby products, is flirting with danger, unless the bottles are made of tempered glass. What happens if an AB takes the bottle to bed and rolls on top of it while asleep? Very likely a bloody (literally) mess. I also have an issue with the nipples as I do not like orthodontic nipples. They look bizarre and feel strange

• 8 months later...

If I was going to get a bottle, or more correctly stated a baby bottle, I would not get anything that is made out of glass. The reason for this is because I have cerebral palsy, and sometimes my ability to hold on to objects, or my ability to make sure they don't drop gets harder to maintain as I age. Sometimes when I think I have something firmly between my legs, something just releases or my body just relaxes my legs when something is between them, and whatever I have between my legs hits the floor. This is not good if you have something that you're drinking, and it could hit the floor shatter, and spill all of it all over the floor, and also have the glass, it's just too much of a mess, and glass shards can go everywhere.

Case in point, I remember one day that I had a glass bowl, that I used to put in the microwave, and it would be for my vegetables or something that I wanted to eat. Small bowls like this are good for that because you don't have to make a huge amount of vegetables for a dinner, because you can use vegetables as needed, and smaller portions are always better for you. On several occasions, I have dropped either glasses, or cereal bowls, or serving bowls, and what happens is they shatter when it hits the floor. What people do not realize, is that sometimes, you have shards of glass that go out from the center, and while you may think that you got all of the pieces, when you get the big pieces off the floor, there are always glass shards that could be anywhere on your floor. If it's underneath something, it would probably hurt you if you ended up stepping on it, if it's behind something and you don't see it, you'll probably step on it at some point, which means that you have to be extra careful when you're cleaning up glass when it drops.

I have a rule in my house that is much as possible, glass is not going to be in my apartment other than in certain areas. The kitchen is 1 area, the living room is another. Because I normally hang out in my bedroom, I usually will allow me to put glass dishes next to my recliner, and then the very next day, and I mean the very next day, I will pick up anything that's on the floor and ferry it to the kitchen so I can clean it up.Take it from a guy who has cut his foot because of shards of glass that you can't see, that are so minute that it is ridiculous. You don't want glass if you can help it. The only exception to the glass rule is when my brother decides to bring artesian well watered down , and we drink some. My brother will bring down about 14 containers of water, and put some in the refrigerator or on the window in the kitchen, on the sill.  When I want something to drink, I simply pick up, a cold jar of water, and I drink some. When I get done with that container, I end up putting it down and then when I want to clean it up I simply bring it to the kitchen and leave it for my brother to decide whether he's going to bring it home or whether it is recyclable. At no time does glass end up in places other than my living room my kitchen are in certain areas of my bedroom. I've learned from experience that glass anything can be a problem, and 99% of the time they won't break on contact with the floor, but the one time out of 100, it makes one heck of a mess.

Glass may be a good thing to use if you're going to be wanting to hold the heat, or if you want to keep something cold. However, there are many plastic alternatives to a glass bottle, and I would specifically warn anyone: it is not worth having glass bottles if they are very easily broken. Even when I was a kid, I broke a small baby bottle, and it went everywhere, and I didn't even realize that it was glass: ever since that incident, I have resisted having glass if I can help it, because I don't wanna drop it or step on it if it shatters.

Brian