LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Bag Suggestions

A couple years ago I bought an over-the-shoulder sling bag (specifically the one below) to use as a diaper bag. As someone who presents as male, this bag struck me as less conspicuous than something that looks like a purse, fanny pack, or a backpack. It holds one thick or two medium diapers in the main pocket and a packet of wipes, gloves, travel-sized powder, and a tube of cream in the outer pocket. It is not big enough to hold a used diaper, so that has to go in the trash no matter who else is in the restroom.

It's mostly stayed in the trunk of my car. I like the idea of having it more than I actually need it, but this week for the first time I did need it (like, really needed it, as in no, I couldn't wait until I got home). I find it awkward to wear across my body and awkward to carry. It also has no weight to it, which makes it sort of awkward if worn over one shoulder.

I could start carrying a laptop messenger bag, but at least the people who know me would wonder why I was carrying a laptop bag since I don't carry a laptop. I used to keep a diaper in a backpack I commuted with but I no longer commute (permanent remote worker now).

So what do others use as a a diaper bag, especially men older than than 30? Links to webpages very much appreciated.

Thank you!

large image of Daylite® Sling

I just have a JanSports backpack as a diaper bag.  I have 3 of my Abena's wipes and travel sides bottle of peri wash, power and rash cream.  and the large diaper disposal bags for when I am messy. 

• Like 1

I have several diaper bags.   Some look like diaper bags (they're big things with teddy bears and the like on them).   The one I use most often is more discrete.   It's actually a Fisher Price diaper bag (if you look carefully at it the zipper pulls all have little icons like baby bottles or pacifiers for the various pockets), but it otherwise is just a small black knapsack.   The only give away is the wipe container on the side.

• Like 1

I found my diaper bag in store that sold used and vintage stuff. I knew right away that it would be a perfect stealth diaper bag. I keep 2 medium dry 24/7's in the main inside compartment along with my wipes.  I have a roll of clear small trash bags I use as disposal bags in the zippered outside compartment. The main compartment will hold my used diaper if I choose once I pull one of the 2 clean ones out.

Hugs,

Freta

IMG_20211224_223937445.jpg

IMG_20211224_223959096.jpg

IMG_20211224_224032240.jpg

I have two different diaper bags myself, my main one is my work bag. It’s actually an amazon basics laptop backpack as i often need to have a laptop on me. But i keep diapers and wipes in it.

i have a second basically backup diaper bag that’s just a kids paw patrol backpack that has diapers, wipes and a change of clothes Incase things get really leaky. That one really just lives in my car as a backup tho.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I use this:

https://koozie.com/shop/koozie-10l-dry-bag/

I can fit a normal pack of adult wipes, 2-3 diapers, some heaven scent bags, gloves, desitin, my wallet and keys and phone, AND a dirty diaper (fits at the top). The diaper disposal setup is quite full but it gets the job done until I can get to a trash can. 

• Like 1

At one point, I tried doing an "everything and the kitchen sink" kind of bag with my work laptop and changing supplies in it, but it was wayyy too big and bulky to fit in a messenger bag. I could carry it, but felt suuuuper awkward and definitely couldn't make an excuse carrying that around at lunch.

So, I split it up and put my changing supplies in my purse and the rest (laptop, etc) in my backpack. It might sound awkward too, but it's a lot more popular with the other folks I see commuting on the train to work. And by 'purse' for a dude it could just be a smaller messenger bag that would be just as inconspicuous.

In my purse I keep my main changing supplies:

• 1-2 diapers
  • wet wipes
  • bigger plastic bag (for wet clothes or plastic pants)
  • smaller plastic bags (for bagging messy diapers)
  • backup plastic pants
  • backup plastic pant liner (single-layer terry fitted garment)
  • 0.5x1.0m PUL cut in its own bag (so I don't transfer floor germs into my purse)

It's all discrete enough to fit in my purse (smaller than a full tote bag, but that's my style), and I just carry my purse everywhere with me.

I did find any kind of conventional changing pad would be too bulky to fit, and too small to protect me from the floor. So, I got a cut of PUL fabric and used that instead...no need to surge the edges or anything. It isn't padded, but it keeps me and my clothes off the floor during messy changes, and it folds up into practically nothing. I keep it in its own bag to prevent transferring floor (or diaper) germs into my purse.

Only other note is that I can only fit 1-2 diapers at a time in my purse, so at some point in the day I need to transfer an extra diaper (or two) from my backpack to my purse. So, in the backpack I keep a smaller little opaque zipper bag with a spare diaper in it (I made my own out of dark denim); it's a bit more discrete to transfer that to my purse than an obvious diaper.

• Like 2

I got a haversack / laptop bag from Ikea that has two compartments. In the rear, I keep diapers, cream & wipes, and in the front, I keep stationary, cables and laptop etc. This normally sits behind the drivers seat in my car, but if I am off-site, it is with me under my desk with the front (stationary part) open. If I need to change, the laptop goes back into the front and everything goes with me to the bathroom. I have got some questions, but since data is on the laptop, and security is paramount, this is easily explained.

A diaper bag can be multi purpose, and most do not ask for it to be emptied. The only awquard position I was in was with security on entering a building once, when they asked to scan the bag where I took the computer out first - and told them that x-rays would erase the data. Similar has happened at airport security where when asked, I politely stated that I'd prefer privacy, which is a basic human right that security - even TSA - must comply with. Behing a curtain, they emptied the bag and seen the diapers etc, then went to the next level of asking me to strip. This is why I stated in another thread, wearing a wet diaper going through security on check-in is an advantage. TSA tend not to want to touch it. So this bag is my only 'hand luggage', but this time without the cables.

It needs foresight and thinking to choose a bag that will work as a diaper bag - and finding one that will handle all ones changes may be impossible if you choose cloth. Getting one for disposables is easier, and to make it even less conspicous, consider it as only for emergencies, not as a general bag. Create for yourself, a base where you have the refills for the bag - ie the boot of your car where in same is an open pack of diapers in a large non transparent cloth / plastic bag plus a change of clothes if you have to deal with that. As a result, in the case of an emergency, you can change, dispose of the old diaper and refil the small 'diaper' bag with a new one.

Some have used camera bags for that purpose, but I find that camera bags are only designed to hold 1-3 camera bodies, and are usually too small. Secondly, in some companies where security & data privacy is a concern, bringing a camera bag that may/may not contain cameras is a big no-no.

In this modern world, people tend to bring custom food in/out, as a result, bags that hold that are normally acceptable.

• Like 1