LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What do you think "Vanilla" types think of the ABDL lifestyle?

IndianaJ35

I was wondering what people here think the average "vanilla" person thinks of the ABDL lifestyle.  To keep it simple - out of ten people who have no prior knowledge of it - how many would you think absolutely oppose (on whatever grounds) the lifestyle?

Just a thought...

IJ35

"What others think of you is none of your business."  --Origin Unknown

Edited by IndianaJ35
Adjusted Title per Suggestion

What has this to do with Keynesian? Besides, I have not taken them to be worth a cat's turd on a donut since '78. At that time we were going through high inflation and economic stagnation, dub "stag-flation" Well the Keynesians had their little meeting at Bretton Woods and said that they did not understand this. According to their "model", stagnation and inflation could not occur together And it got worse, reaching a high of 18% in the 3rd quarter of 1980 with six quarters of economic shrinkage in GDP. If they weren't the Establishment they would have been laughed off the stage and permenantly consigned to the junkyared of failed theories

• Like 2

I think your post would get more traction if the subject was changed to "What do you think Vanilla's think of the ABDL lifestyle" or similar. I almost didn't click it, since I have no idea what a Keynesian Beauty Contest is.

My brother knows I'm ABDL, there was an incident at my mom's house where they were watching "TikTok cringe" and there was an ABDL video on there. My brother and sisters went on about how gross it was, comparing it to pedophilia (despite the video being completely SFW). I, of course, defended the lifestyle, to no success.

My brother and I had a conversation through Signal about it later, where I continued to defend it, as I genuinely wanted to understand where he was coming from and for him to understand where I was coming from.

Eventually, he asked me if I was an ABDL, I said, yes. His tone immediately changed and is now completely supportive of it. I can't help but be annoyed at this though, where people will dislike a certain trait/behavior or situation and then go around to their family and say "Well it's okay when you do it" or "your situation is different" pisses me off.

I'd like to think that I helped shine a new light on why someone would want to be ABDL because after explaining he did seem to understand it better.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, IndianaJ35 said:

I was wondering what people here think the average "vanilla" person thinks of the ABDL lifestyle.  To keep it simple - out of ten people who have no prior knowledge of it - how many would you think absolutely oppose (on whatever grounds) the lifestyle?

Just a thought...

IJ35

"What others think of you is none of your business."  --Origin Unknown

Who cares??? Like you can change their mind about something like this??? 

• Like 3

@Little Christine A Keynesian Beauty Contest is a type of thought experiment and theory (I believe created by Keynes) that originated in economics that tries to explain how values of commodities are determined.  But I think it has more general applicability to human behavior when it comes to how values, characteristics, etc. are judged qualitatively / quantitatively, and what comprises the "mean perception of mean perception".  I hope my explanation helps; I forewent it because I thought there were probably at least some people who were familiar with the term, and others could look it up on Google / Wikipedia.

@kaserberang Thanks for sharing your story.  It does seem to be a good example of how those close to us are willing to overlook "faults" in us that
they'd be less likely to overlook in non-family.

@squareduck - at times I wonder the same - that you're not going to change anyone's mind.  But you'd have to agree -  kaserberang is a counterexample; his
brother saw things differently when it was his own family member involved.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is the norm; the point of my question was just to see what a person within the lifestyle might think about the average perception of one external to it.

I appreciate you guys reading and taking the time to respond.

IJ35

11 hours ago, IndianaJ35 said:

@Little Christine A Keynesian Beauty Contest is a type of thought experiment and theory (I believe created by Keynes) that originated in economics that tries to explain how values of commodities are determined.  But I think it has more general applicability to human behavior when it comes to how values, characteristics, etc. are judged qualitatively / quantitatively, and what comprises the "mean perception of mean perception".  I hope my explanation helps; I forewent it because I thought there were probably at least some people who were familiar with the term, and others could look it up on Google / Wikipedia.

@kaserberang Thanks for sharing your story.  It does seem to be a good example of how those close to us are willing to overlook "faults" in us that
they'd be less likely to overlook in non-family.

@squareduck - at times I wonder the same - that you're not going to change anyone's mind.  But you'd have to agree -  kaserberang is a counterexample; his
brother saw things differently when it was his own family member involved.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is the norm; the point of my question was just to see what a person within the lifestyle might think about the average perception of one external to it.

I appreciate you guys reading and taking the time to respond.

IJ35

Thanks

8 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I don't believe there aThisre 10 "vanilla" people in the world. Everyone has a kink or fetish to some extent. It might be a 1 on the kink scale, and a 1 on its importance in their life, but it's still there.

This was finally acknowledged and accepted as general knowledge in the late 1960's early '70's and which lead to the legalization of kink. However, there were conditions placed on it. Given the sexual or lpweudo-sexual aspects of kink, it was treated as purelly personal and priate, especially since it might involve bodily "products" that may be septic, toxic or just plain "eww" and which needed to be in some setting where containment  would be certain and convenient. Thus it is that "vanilla" is a (Lewinian) sace characteristic rather than a personal one

Publidc or other gathering places not attached ow owned by persons with kinks were designated by either law or common consent to be "vanilla [which gets iits name from that flavor of ice cream due to that ice cream's rather tepid and non-descript flavor; a total misnomer. Done right and taken to its full potenc, vanilla is a strong a flavor as chocilate or tapioca). The idea here was to ikeep it free of "anything that would scare the horses" Thus the open practice of any kink was banned, mostly by common consent with some minimal legal backing for the following reasons
1. Keep the peace. Since all have a right to use public spaces, then no one may practice their kink there since, in so doing, they would be imposing it on on others
2. The presence of children
3 If someone is secretly intulging in their practice, e.g. the famous "pocket pool", they are not paying due attention to those around them so they are distracted and this lack of attention is disrespectful to others
4. Indulging in public practice means that you are, in essence, a junkie and slave to that kink and it is running you rather than you running it, This gives the "uptights" a modicum of credibility and something to hang their hat on since they could say "See, we told you they would not keep it private They're too [degenerate, depraved, self-abosorbed] to do so", thus poainting us all with Bob Ross' famous two inch brush. This can work because the untrained have not the time, will or expertise to sort out the parameters of what's what and will, given the display and its disrespect, go along with the uptights. Also, there are "kinksters" who use things idiosyncratic to drfine their individuality and set them apart as "hip" or some other way superior to the "hoi polloi" which nobody in their right mind likes, and would, rightfully, like to stick it to They really have no genuine care for the specific kink, only that they are "kinksters"

Over time, the fanatics have used that term derisively to mean any non-fanatic, which has seeped into the culture, aided by the media since there is a narrative there.  Thus, the exhibitionist of the "Man arrested in just a diaper and pacifier in mall " standing headline gets mooshed into the ABDL scene, when proper journalistic procedures would show that 95% of the time there is no relationship there and the 5% that is there is there is the exhibitionist foisting himself onto the ABDL scene. But if the lamescream media were honest about that, it would not sell subscriptions or air time

• Like 1
  • IndianaJ35 changed the title to What do you think "Vanilla" types think of the ABDL lifestyle?

'Normal" means to be an individual That comes from being defined as a species as 'the only Terrestrial lifeform defined by by a volitional consciouness; i.e. sentient and sapient. That characteristic resides in the individual person. That means that a  properly function persons has an infinite set of characteristics ranging from the most general (existing in all) to the most unique (held only by that individual person). "Crazy" says 1. the person has no control over these characterisitics and 2. They are harmful

• Like 1

My tow cents I don't think any of this behavior is or would be considered normal. I have struggled with it almost my whole life.With cycle purges just to have the desire overwhelm me and find myself in a diaper again diaper bag filled with more diapers, plastic pants, powder,baby oil, diaper rash cream and suppositories. Now that is not normal for a grown man I see it so others on the outside would think its just bizarre and rightly so.But we are here and that's why I have never tried to share this with anyone because I know the outcome.  

• Like 1

As we have found out, though the individual behaviors are idiosyncratic and rest on the rules of behavior, fetishes are common and therefore normal. Way many more persons have them than talk about them. Given the set of stimuli that are part of how one is almost universally treated as a baby to little and the ages and stages of development at which they occur, I would not be surprised to find out that infantilsim in some form and to some degree is present in 70 to 85% of the population. I have heard a LOT of "rubber pants" comments in my life with some form of laughter or other reaction that has told me there is more than meets the ear going on. When I was at the nursing home I was talking with a 26 yearo old nurse and she was explaining to me about how a certain antibiotic was associated with pink eye, which, she explained was caused by fecal material getting int the eye When I asked how that could happen she said someone may have been using the pillow for lumbar support and then mived it up to put their head on it with some poop getting otn the pillow I siad I had the cure for that: rubber pantis She laughed, repeated it then said that she had not heard that term in a long time. Has I have said elsewhere, among the medical persons, the public term for adkut-size pampers is "briefs" but among themselves, it is "diapers" What is being concealed? And for fear of what? Is it denial of the idea that one would enjoy being treted as a baby? Is the stigma a form of reaction formation on the order of "methinks the lady doth protest too much"? To me, the onlly time it becomes asbnormal is when it interferes with functioning at the ague level one is at or is rmonanticized to a point where it becomes only a kind of whsh-fulfillment rather than authentic. As I have said elsewhere. I have two mimories of of being changed most likely befor I was 3 and it was no big deal. Between ages 6 and 9-3/4 I was diapered under certain conditions and I did not like it, which goes with the age since most children did not like it. If you took out the "baby" implications, it is also a pain for a child

That you would be acting on this is not wrong, though the suppositiries would be out of place, but that is from something else that is recognized as off the charts because copraphilia is harmful, dangerous and therefore self-destructive. You probably would not be binge/purging if you did not think the whole thing was wrong. Also you probably would be induging only in private if you did not think it was wrong or "crazy" because it would not recur to the level of being overwhelming

• Like 1

Thank you for the response. For now I will address the suppositories. They come from early childhood up to 10 or 12 my mother would frequently use them on me I of course would protest and fight it some only to be punished I would be ordered into the bathroom seeing the jar in hand asked to remove my pants and bend over she would insert the suppository in as far as the length of her finger. and told not to push it out or I would get spanked. I hated it but somehow I would sneak them on my own later on I would eventually almost empty the jar, look for them in other medicine cabinets we visited and then got up the guts to ride my bike into town and buy my first jar shaking and red in the face. I had a jar of my own to play with.from then till now ive used hundreds of them.   

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Gunna answer the title question:

From weird to "pedophile" is the responses I have seen coming off of regular "normalish" people. Abdl is one of the more...interesting takes on our mind wanting a bit more "excitement" in our lives. However we are much more common then they realize at 1 in a 1000 on average for abdls.

At least its one of the least harmful ones if being a ab or a dl is sexual. If not then thats great too. Society is changing and looks like the furry fandom will be going main stream before the ABDLs do...but our ABDL diapers are getting noticed in the incontinence industry reports.

We have come a loooong ways since 2000.

• 1 year later...

I don’t care what other thinks about my lifestyle incl. my life as a little. And I don’t care if they have a problem with it. It’s their problem for them to solve with them self.

If someone attacks my way of life, I will ask them to keep their thoughts, notions and ideas to themselves, leave my face and instead take care of their own personal appearance, lack of respect for others and that they have no right to to rebuke or judge other people's lifestyles.