LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sleep Disruptions.

DailyDi

For a while now I've had episodes where I sit up in bed in the middle of the night for no known reason. Sometimes Mom catches it and talks to  me, but I have no memory of it  in the morning.

This morning I woke u with my shirt on inside out, and I don't know when or why I did it. ?

Add to that I believe I have undiagnosed sleep apnea and I get very little restful sleep.

I think I have sleep apnea because I have been wearing my smart watch to bed and it takes random blood oxygen readings throughout the night, and I've been registering some concernedly low numbers. As low as 72% last night, when anything under 90 is said to be dangerous.

3 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

For a while now I've had episodes where I sit up in bed in the middle of the night for no known reason. Sometimes Mom catches it and talks to  me, but I have no memory of it  in the morning.

This morning I woke u with my shirt on inside out, and I don't know when or why I did it. ?

Add to that I believe I have undiagnosed sleep apnea and I get very little restful sleep.

I think I have sleep apnea because I have been wearing my smart watch to bed and it takes random blood oxygen readings throughout the night, and I've been registering some concernedly low numbers. As low as 72% last night, when anything under 90 is said to be dangerous.

Wow!?? that's not good buddy! I hope you're okay! And I'm glad you still have your mom! I hope you see a doctor and get that diagnosed. pronto! Good luck!??☺️❤️???❤️

• Like 1

I would definitely say you have apnea.   You'll have to go through a sleep study for an official prognosis, but only then will the doctors prescribe a CPAP or similar machine for therapy.  It wasn't the greatest experience --- you get about a dozen wires glued to your head and their bed was not really all that comfortable.  Plus I had no idea if sleeping on my side would be bad for the wires (I do not like sleeping on my back), so I didn't sleep well at all during the test.   But, it provided the results they needed and within a week I had the machine. 

No idea about the "sleep walking" though. 

Everyone I know that went in for a sleep study ended up with a CPAP machine. I think that's the default and you end up with one regardless of outcome. Or at least it seems that way.

You get better sleep wearing a diaper. That way, if you wake up needing to pee, you don't have to wake up to get up. You just pee your diaper and go back to sleep with minimal interruption. For that matter, anytime is a good time for a diaper.

@DailyDi I am sorry that you are going through this. Having disturbed sleep is not only horrible throughout the night, but it makes for an awful follow day  as well because you are still tired. 

As for sleep apnea, I have never personally heard of anyone sitting up during it and not having any recognition of doing so the following morning. Sleep apnea is basically when breathing repeatedly stops and starts throughout the night. This occurs a lot with people who snore heavily. There are three types of Sleep Apneas. Obstructive , Central, and Complex. Obstructive occurs when your throat muscles relax. Central is when your brain don't send proper signal to the muscles controlling breathing, and finally Complex is a combination of the two.  So you may be dealing with the breathing issues at night in that case a sleep study would be in order. The sitting up and not knowing it happens is a mystery piece to this entire thing. 

It can be a form of sleepwalking even if you don't get out of bed.  My mom used to tell me when I was a young teenager I would sit up in bed and start asking really goofy questions while asleep and I never remembered any of it.  I don't do it anymore but it could be caused by an over active mind.  You don't know it or realize you have done it but it's like your mind is going crazy while you are sleeping.

As far as sleep apnia, you have it.  Any oxygen level that low is a symptom.  I weight 300 pounds, have mild heart issue, type 2 diabetes and other issues.  I now use a CPAP and while ppdude makes a point, think about this - people who are tested for sleep apnia will most likely end up with a CPAP because they need one.  Your average Joe doesn't get a sleep study because he has no issues and doesn't need one, hence no CPAP.  A person gets one because he is referred by his doctor based on weight and other issues.  You snore?  Good indicator right there.  I was in the hospital over night when I had my knee replaced and the next morning the nurses were ashen faced!  They said I stopped breathing all night long and they didn't know if I would start back up again.  When I went for my sleep apnia test, it showed that I stopped breathing for over 10 seconds 57 times in one hour.  That can cause stroke and heart attack and a person who is over weight and/or diabetic has that chance multiplied many times over.  That's what scared me and with my CPAP I sleep very well, no more snoring and my pulmonologist says they want episodes down to 2.4%  Mine is half that at 1.2% and it does make a huge difference.  I can't sleep without my CPAP anymore and when the power goes out at night, I really have a hard time sleeping and I can tell I'm not getting good air in my lungs.  By all means Mikey, with your weight and other health issues, you can't put off a sleep apnia test or you could end up having a stroke or worse. 

Well, I suspect a large part of being issued the CPAP machine is that it's far cheaper to the insurance carrier than going a surgical route which for some could permanently resolve the issue.  I had a coworker that had that done - no more snoring after the procedure and he didn't have to use a machine. 

As far as power going out --- happened to me a few weeks ago and the machine stopped working.  Obviously it wasn't working when power was off. What I mean is that it went dark and appeared as if it was dead so I went 1/2 the night without any assist - over 1 hour I was laboring to breath through the mask without power!  In the morning I pulled the power cord out and reconnected... nothing.  I then tested the power adapter with my multimeter which seemed to prove that was working.  Fortunately, when I plugged it all back up, it worked.  Guess it just had to reset itself (circuit breaker in the power brick?).   I now have a small UPS dedicated for it - which was originally going to be for something else.

It's interesting to see the watch/app results, like how little sleep I am actually getting. Last night I was in bed for 10 hours, but got 2 hours 15 minutes of sleep, and my o2 went as low as 80% during that time.

Definitly going to talk to Doc about it next time I see him

23 hours ago, DailyDi said:

It's interesting to see the watch/app results, like how little sleep I am actually getting. Last night I was in bed for 10 hours, but got 2 hours 15 minutes of sleep, and my o2 went as low as 80% during that time.

Definitly going to talk to Doc about it next time I see him

And ask him about sleep apnia and getting a test.  They can actually do it remotely in your own home now so you don't have to go somewhere.