LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Weather change nose bleeds?

Spanky

With winter approaching, the furnace running and dry air, I started getting nose bleeds when I blow my nose.   It usually happens this time of year for me. It lasts for a few weeks and then goes away.   Anyone else have similar issues?

Not really anything to do with weather (because it can happen any time of year), but I suffer from sinusitis.  Just getting over another bout of it (been 6 weeks now).  This 2nd round of antibiotics is finally doing its job.

If your sinuses are getting too dry, try saline irrigation.  It may help. 

20 hours ago, Spanky said:

With winter approaching, the furnace running and dry air, I started getting nose bleeds when I blow my nose.   It usually happens this time of year for me. It lasts for a few weeks and then goes away.   Anyone else have similar issues?

Yes I usually get them in the winter too.  Get yourself saline nasal gel and with a qtip swav your nose.  

My youngest brother used to get nose bleeds mostly in winter, I think it was dry heat from the furnace that caused them.

If I were you I would get a small humidifier try it, if it helps you  consider one for the whole house.

Humidifiers also enable you to turn the heat/thermostat down because moist air makes the house feel warmer inside.

Yup, saline nasal spray works great!!!! Cleans everything out, lubes everything up, opens up everything else....I use it constantly, It's all natural, and most important, IT WORKS!!!

I used to have sinus issues including infections (YUK!!!) But after using a saline spray, nothing!! Just clear, and able to breath...which, for me is really nice. 

No nose bleeds either.... Just boogers. ??

Hasn't anyone thought of getting a portable humidifier for rooms in their houses if they don't have one attached to their HVAC like I do?  Even a low end vaporizer for some rooms when it gets really dry would help, especially a bedroom when sleeping. 

52 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Hasn't anyone thought of getting a portable humidifier for rooms in their houses if they don't have one attached to their HVAC like I do?  Even a low end vaporizer for some rooms when it gets really dry would help, especially a bedroom when sleeping. 

I do have one (like the picture), but keeping up with it got tiresome and a bit expensive having to replace the filter/wick every month.   But, the CPAP makes it less of an issue - at night anyway.  But that said, it did help.  I had mine situated in the hallway where the main return vent is located... so it would pull in that humidity and distribute it around the house.  At least that way one location didn't become a tropic wetland!

Sunbeam® Cool Mist Humidifier SCM1866-CN | Sunbeam® Canada