LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For those who’ve been diapered their whole life: When did you realize you were different?

I personally was potty trained on time as expected.  But I imagine for someone who wore diapers throughout childhood, it probably seemed normal or at the very least, no big deal.  If so, how/when did you realize that most kids over a certain age don’t wear diapers?  What was that like for you?

• Like 1

I love your question buddy! I was potty trained when I was 6 years old. My mom was really lax when came to potty training. So for me it just always felt normal.? LOL! Only when I got much older did I realize that people usually get potty trained at age 2 or 3. Which when I found out I kinda thought that was too young. LOL!?? And I actually thought that was weird.???❤️ I also found out that people get their paci taken away at 2 or 3. Which I again, though was weird because I lost mine when I was 6.? My mom never tried to take anything away from me. Which I really thank and admire her for that.?? And I'll always be thankful to her for letting me keep my diapies as long as she did. My mom always said it was better to have older mothers because their full of wisdom and experience that young people just don't have. And she was right!?❤️☺️❤️???❤️? although, I do wish I had a younger mom, my mom will always be my mom, even if I DID get an new Mommy. But I know God does everything for a good reason, even if we don't realize it. And weather I like it or not this is my story and it must be told. Why?? I don't know, personally I don't think my story is all that valuable, but just because I don't think so doesn't mean it's not valuable to God. I just don't know why, yet anyway.?☺️???❤️??❤️??❤️???❤️☺️???❤️

• Like 2

I was daytime trained by the time I was 3 or so, but, I wore diapers to bed until I was about 10. I already knew from a young age that I didn't want people to know that I wore diapers to bed, but I think the first time that I really started feeling like I was different from most kids was when my younger brother was potty-trained at around age 3. He stopped wearing diapers both during the day, and at night, in rapid succession - I would haven been about 6 at the time, and still wearing diapers to bed. The first couple of nights when I was the only one being diapered, I started to realize that I was way behind schedule in that department, and it didn't help that my parents understandably poured effusive praise on him, since they were undoubtedly worried that he would take extra time to stay dry overnight, like I had. I became extremely sensitive and self-conscious whenever I was in a diaper after that, whereas before, it wasn't that big of a deal to me, since my brother was, too. My sister also started pointing out that unlike my baby brother, I was still "dressed like a baby", in her words. It got to the point where I was nearly overwhelmed with anxiety whenever I had to wear a diaper anywhere other than our house, or whenever we were around anyone other than my immediate family. The few times when I someone noticed I had a diaper on felt like the end of the world. In retrospect, I wish that I had enjoyed it more!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

I was daytime trained by the time I was 3 or so, but, I wore diapers to bed until I was about 10. I already knew from a young age that I didn't want people to know that I wore diapers to bed, but I think the first time that I really started feeling like I was different from most kids was when my younger brother was potty-trained at around age 3. He stopped wearing diapers both during the day, and at night, in rapid succession - I would haven been about 6 at the time, and still wearing diapers to bed. The first couple of nights when I was the only one being diapered, I started to realize that I was way behind schedule in that department, and it didn't help that my parents understandably poured effusive praise on him, since they were undoubtedly worried that he would take extra time to stay dry overnight, like I had. I became extremely sensitive and self-conscious whenever I was in a diaper after that, whereas before, it wasn't that big of a deal to me, since my brother was, too. My sister also started pointing out that unlike my baby brother, I was still "dressed like a baby", in her words. It got to the point where I was nearly overwhelmed with anxiety whenever I had to wear a diaper anywhere other than our house, or whenever we were around anyone other than my immediate family. The few times when I someone noticed I had a diaper on felt like the end of the world. In retrospect, I wish that I had enjoyed it more!

Yeah, I really wish you had too buddy! If I was living with you at the time, I would've shown you it's OKAY to wear diapers and I would've stood up for you and protected you! And I would've shown you that Diapers are an good thing!??☺️?? And that there's nothing to be ashamed of. We'd be diaper buddies together!?????❤️??❤️????

• Like 2

@Enthusi

I was trained by two or 2 1/2 or maybe even younger. In my house, diapers were common, and the reason that is is because my brother Richard wore them from his birthday 1969, until he died in 1979. I have also had the luxury of having several individuals who are disabled in my family. Being my brother Richard, myself, my way aunt Julie, and a few other friends. In the BAKER household, diapers were not uncommon, and they were used when necessary, as well as. Using plastic pants and other devices. Most of the time, when I was trained, I might have an accident, but my mom will take care of it, and it would not be such a big deal. The first time that I noticed that there were some children who Were Wearing diapers past I’d say seven or eight, was during my first day at Vermont achievement Center rehab unit. Some of these children, or a good many of them, or disabled so that they needed to be cared for very carefully, and most of the time those children were diapered 24 seven.

I have stayed in another post that wearing diapers is no big deal: once I learned that they were people that were diapers more than just between the ages of birth and 2 to 3, it was because I understood that sometimes having a disability means that some parts of your body do not work as well as others. For example, my brain has dead brain cells, and because I have dead brain cells, some of those brain cells that Control some of those functions are dead.  In much the same way, your bladder, or your bowels, maybe not working the way they should, or maybe “broken”. I learned at a young age that no one should be chastised, picked on, or made fun of because they were diapers for whatever reason. To them, diapers or underwear, and that is the way it is. My brother were diapers from the time he was born in so the time he left us in 1979. My brother and I love each other, and even if He could not speak and was nonverbal, he had his Ways To communicate, and I am proud of him and will always be proud of him.To communicate, and I am proud of him and will always be proud of him.

maybe because my brother were diapers I ended up having an attraction to them. Diapers help me to relax and not worry about things, and as such, and because I have dealt with being disabled all of my wife, it makes me upset to find that there are people who pick on others because they have to use or wear diapers, for whatever reason. As a child, you cannot help what happens, and if you have to wear diapers a longer time than others, then so be it. As an adult however, you have a choice whether you wear them or use them for whatever purpose, but there may be adults who still have the problem of not being able to control they are bladder or bowels.

now that I am getting older, and I have been a member of daily diapers For a while, I understand what I did not understand 24/25 years ago.  I am different because of my disability, but I am not different. All it means is that I do things a little different, maybe a little slower than somebody else, or not be able to do something that somebody else can do. In those cases, I rely on people who have the skill to do what I cannot. If I cannot do something, I try to learn how to do it, so that I remember how to do it.

yes, I wore diapers a little longer, and I was a little different. I realize that from the time that I was about three or four. They were kids of my age that were able to do things that I could not. But that didn’t bother me too much, because I ended up surrounding myself with friends who may have been disabled, or may have to learn differently than others. Just because I couldn’t do something does not mean that it was impossible, but I learned many things, and some of the things that for example @Evelyn Dellcerrocould do I might not be able to do, but I found ways to learn how to do it. Most of the time I would have to learn from those who were patient enough to give me the chance. I have been very lucky that I have had people who have been very patient with me and allowed me to learn at my own pace. When I had to wear diapers longer, I just figured that it was normal. My brother warm all the time, so it was common. So I guess when I would have to deal with the feelings at eight years old, they were always there. I had to suppress them, but they were always there. Because of Many users here, I understand what I was going through, and why. Although, probably back in the day people would think you’re crazy, and then try to lock you up because you feel the way you do. I am glad that that is not the case today.

The only thing that what different is That my parents loved me and treated me as they would do for anyone else. I may not have been able to learn things as fast as others, but accommodations were made so that I could live the life that I should live like everybody else. My parents did not allow me to “feel sorry for myself” for very long, because they realize that because I have a disability, I have to work harder to do with a person who is not disabled has to do.

Life is full of challenges, and God gives you a challenge because he thinks that you can handle it. He would never give you or anyone else a challenge that you could not handle. Sometimes I wonder about the statement, because in the last month or so I have had challenges that I do not know if I could handle without a lot of help and a lot of understanding. Sometimes I seem to feel like I write 10 volumes of the world book encyclopedia to express how I feel. Sometimes I think that is a negative, but I have found it to be a positive.

sometimes I wonder, but there’s always one thing that I will remember and that is that we are here together, and we share a common bond: diapers have helped me in ways that I cannot express sometimes but they have help me. Thank God. They are the one thing that is a constant in my life, and it is it helps to everything that makes me the way I am. Why did Nite realize this sooner?

Briann

• Like 1

I spent a lot of time in diapers as a kid; I didn't get out of them in the first place until I was 7, and then a couple of years later I had to go back into them for a couple of years due to a separate continence episode.

I am pretty much the only person in my entire extended family who has ever had any significant continence issues, so I knew I was unusual, but I also kind of assumed I was just contextually unusual within my family and that people like me were relatively common in the real world.

I continued to feel that because when I got into primary school, at the first school I went to there was one other kid who was also in diapers (due to a condition which means she is quite likely still in diapers as an adult) and we tended to show up to get changed at about the same time, so since I knew there were at least two of us I figured that, again, it must be pretty common.

I didn't actually realise that severe incontinence in childhood was unusual until I was probably 8 or 9. It sucked in that by the time I had to go back into diapers at 10/11 my awareness of what that meant was more than enough to make me feel embarrassed and awful in a way that really hurt, whereas previously everyone and everything that tried to make me conscious of my diapers had been on the outside of me, and I had felt pretty much apathetic and fine.

• 1 month later...

I have always been in diapers due to inco issues, I started school in special education due to some other issues but was in a normal class by 10, this is about the time I worked out I was quite different, it was a difficult few years 

• Like 1

While I didn't stay permanently in diapers, and only in the last few years started wearing again, I had a huge problem with both potty training and wetting the bed to a much older age than is normal, so I went through a lot of the embarrassment and teasing that those who wear diapers all of their lives must endure.   I am not sure exactly when I had to stop wearing diapers around the house in the daytime, but I think it was when I was around 9 years of age.  I remember my parents had to notify the school to get special permission to attend wearing diapers.  I also was a very deep sleeper and would typically not wake up until after I was already peeing in the bed which is why I didn't stop wetting the bed until i was around 12 years of age.  My mom tried everything from making sure I went to the bathroom just before I went to bed, to not letting me have anything to drink at least an hour or two before my bedtime, and even waking me up later to go to the bathroom, but nothing worked until I finally grew out of it and started to wake up in time.  

I hated being teased by my younger brother and sister, but it was my little sister telling her friends what I hated the most.  it was common for her friends to make fun of my even while I was a lot older than them, which was really embarrassing.  My brother was a little over 2 years younger than me, my sister was almost 5 years younger than me.  They were both potty trained by around 3-4 years of age, and stopped wetting the bed within a year or so after that.