LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sleep issues

Newbee

So for a few weeks now I have been having issues with my sleep. So I go to bed very tired and it doesn’t take long for me to fall into a nice deep sleep but every day I am waking up between 2-4am and unable to get back to sleep. 
If anybody has any ideas on how I can get back to sleep please feel free to voice them

Don't have a specific suggestion because my sleep pattern since... well, probably 1986, had me waking up early. The last few years its been mostly between 2 and 3AM, but that's normal for me.

But when I can't sleep... drinking coffee knocks me out cold

Have you tried melatonin?   I have trouble getting to sleep some nights because my mind just won't shut down.  I simply can't just turn off like some can.  So any night where I feel "wired", I pop some just before bed.   However, I think it may lead to me feeling tired in the morning anyway.

A few years ago, for some reason I was starting to have dreams about my own death.  Frequently.  And when I woke up from such a dream, it took quite some time to get back to a state where I could sleep.   That was also about when I got my first plushie and one (or more) has gone to bed with me from then on.   Has it worked?  Not definitively, but I can't recall when the last bad dream was.

Melatonin here as well. Its natural, and non addictive, but knocks me out so I can get a good sleep cycle, and I wake up feeling better. 

Meditation might also help. It clears out all the "traffic" going through your head, so that when you are done, you are actually "tired". Everytime I have done it I barely make it to bed, crash, and not wake up.until the alarm goes off, or even later. 

There might even be a "spiritual"reason for you being awakened at those hours....someone 'upstairs' might want to talk to you about something or nother....just a thought.. 

28 minutes ago, square_duck said:

Melatonin here as well. Its natural, and non addictive, but knocks me out so I can get a good sleep cycle, and I wake up feeling better. 

Meditation might also help. It clears out all the "traffic" going through your head, so that when you are done, you are actually "tired". Everytime I have done it I barely make it to bed, crash, and not wake up.until the alarm goes off, or even later. 

There might even be a "spiritual"reason for you being awakened at those hours....someone 'upstairs' might want to talk to you about something or nother....just a thought.. 

its my experience when He wants to talk to you, its in your sleep(its how He made it CRYSTAL CLEAR that i was NOT to send an angry letter to my now late former stepfather, and when He says "no" i dont dare disobey!), maybe what He wants if its spiritual is for the thread starter to talk to Him

No I don’t have any caffine after 6pm.  It anymore stress than normal. My husband has relaxation music in low volume every night. 
Melatonin sounds like it might be worth a try. 
Thankyou you all for your suggestions I really do appreciate it.

26 minutes ago, Newbee said:

No I don’t have any caffine after 6pm.  It anymore stress than normal. My husband has relaxation music in low volume every night. 
Melatonin sounds like it might be worth a try. 
Thankyou you all for your suggestions I really do appreciate it.

there is another aide you can try, over here its over the counter, i dont know if it is in australia, its doxylamine succinate, one of the marketing names is "unisom", but you have to look at the main ingredient, some of "unisom" is just benedryl, which helps but its not the same thing, but dont take a whole dose, i take a quarter because in the past a whole dose made me skip beats(an interesting experience but a bit distracting when i want to catch some z's), when my mom was having trouble getting to sleep i got her some of that, it put her lights out for a good amount of sleep

I take ashwagandha, which is from valerian root (valium).  IF you work out, try magnesium, which helps relax muscles.  I take one kids Advil if I can't back to sleep after 1, 2 or even 3 sometimes.   I watch or listen to head space also on netflix.  Usually out within 20 min or less with any combition, but I'm still only getting 6 hours a night.

1 hour ago, 2sail2 said:

I take ashwagandha, which is from valerian root (valium).  IF you work out, try magnesium, which helps relax muscles.  I take one kids Advil if I can't back to sleep after 1, 2 or even 3 sometimes.   I watch or listen to head space also on netflix.  Usually out within 20 min or less with any combition, but I'm still only getting 6 hours a night.

magnesium can help prevent afib, when my mom gets too low on it, she ends up with that.

I have melatonin if I need to get some sleep, for work in the morning, and sleeping pills if I really need to get some sleep, and drive in the morning.

Magnesium also helps.

Next time I'll buy Melatonin with magnesium pills. 2in1.

Wearing diaper also works..

39 minutes ago, Dubious said:

I have melatonin if I need to get some sleep, for work in the morning, and sleeping pills if I really need to get some sleep, and drive in the morning.

Magnesium also helps.

Next time I'll buy Melatonin with magnesium pills. 2in1.

Wearing diaper also works..

I wear diapers 24/7.

so I will get some melatonin today when I go grocery shopping. i hope it helps.

like I said it’s not the getting to sleep that’s the issue it’s staying asleep.

Its recommended to sleep in a cold room, but seeing that you live in Australia, that might be a problem.
Cold and ventilated.  Most people sleep better outside, and that's why we put our babies outside for naps, even in winter. 

12 hours ago, Newbee said:

My husband has the aircon in in our room all year round because it helps him sleep.

try looking for a product called "midnite", it might help you to get back to sleep, you want the quick dissolving ones, no need for water, other than that, i wonder if your body is telling you something, have you been checked for sleep apnea? maybe you are waking up because you stop breathing in your sleep and its your bodys way of keeping you alive, see your doctor, and let us know, others might have similar issues.

2 hours ago, feralfreak said:

try looking for a product called "midnite", it might help you to get back to sleep, you want the quick dissolving ones, no need for water, other than that, i wonder if your body is telling you something, have you been checked for sleep apnea? maybe you are waking up because you stop breathing in your sleep and its your bodys way of keeping you alive, see your doctor, and let us know, others might have similar issues.

Thanks I do think it’s getting to the point of going to see my doctor even though I don’t want too because every time I go for what I think is a small issue always turns into something major.

9 minutes ago, Newbee said:

Thanks I do think it’s getting to the point of going to see my doctor even though I don’t want too because every time I go for what I think is a small issue always turns into something major.

no one likes to see the doc, same reason you mentioned, but what would it be if you didnt see the doc? worse.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, feralfreak said:

I knew I had apnea for many years, but kept putting off getting it properly diagnosed.  But I was just getting worse over time.  Waking anywhere from every 30 minutes to 2 hours throughout the night.  Even sleeping for longer periods wasn't helping.  I finally took action last year.  Shoulda done it 10 years ago though. 

Omg I finally slept past 4am for the first time in weeks. I didn’t wake up until 7am which is a good time since that’s when I need to get the kids up because they have school. I didn’t do anything different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Newbee said:

Omg I finally slept past 4am for the first time in weeks. I didn’t wake up until 7am which is a good time since that’s when I need to get the kids up because they have school. I didn’t do anything different.

Well, that's good.  Hopefully you can keep doing that.

Ok so I have on my favourite diaper and onesie and also using my favourite pacifier so let’s hope now that I’m nice and comfy I will sleep through the whole night like I did last night if I do 2 nights in a row will be a miracle.