LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Abena's let me down today :(

I've been wearing the Abena L4's for quite a few years now.  I can rely on them for 3-4 full wettings....usually.  Not today.  My doctor has me on some blood pressure meds that makes me go more frequently but that's not the problem I had today.  I noticed that after my 2nd wetting that my underwear and pants got wet.  I was out shopping and didn't have a fresh diaper to change into and with my medication causing more frequent wettings there was no way I was going to take my leaky diaper off and have a full on accident....so I kept it on.  By the 4th wetting my underwear was soaked and my pants were significantly damp.  Thankfully I wore dark sweatpants over my diapers today and I don't think anyone noticed.

Upon further investigation....I found that my diaper had pinhole leaks all over the front of it.  I haven't had to deal with pinholes in diapers for quite some time and I can't recall ever having the problem with the Abena's before.  I'm hoping its just a one off with this bag as I still have 6 or 7 full bags of L4's left.

I also have a significant number of higher quality diapers in my stash so if worse comes to worse I can pop into one of those for my shopping excursions.

I had something like that happen with an M4. A few years ago, I was on a road trip, padded of coarse, and after arriving at my destination, decided to stop for gas. I went in, paid for a fill up, went out and started fueling my car and also noticed I needed to go, so having never had leakage issues with Abenas, I proceeded to go. I had used it a couple of times already, but knew it could handle more, BUT...it didn't! I felt my leg getting wet, and my shorts were soaked ( light color to boot!) I stopped peeing, finished filling my car, then had to go in for my change from the cashier...can we say embarassing???. 

I have no clue as to WHY this diaper failed! It had worked fine up to that moment. The only thing I could think is one of the leak guards wasn't deployed...or something, allowing me to basically pee down my leg.. ??

I was rather rattled,and when I got into my hotel room, just changed, but didn't inspect the diaper for the failure. 

Today, no matter what brand, I always make sure the leak guards are standing up, and not stuck down...nothing else has failed since. *shrug*

The latest batch I'm going through right now had 2 diapers where the tapes had not been properly applied and actually adhered to the backside.  I had to cut the tape to even unfold it.  Fortunately I was able to salvage the 2 that it's happened on so far (wearing the one right now in fact).   This batch also has tapes that were cut unevenly - slicing a good chunk off the upper left tape on quite a few of them.

2 hours ago, Dubious said:

Tena had this problem, but I solved it with stuffers, as it only leaked when it got flooded.

I always carry spare diaper when I go out, just for cases like this.

Fortunately I was pretty close to home when it got bad so I just headed there.  I think I might try covering the front of the diaper with clear packing tape to see if that helps.  I'll just use a different brand for running errands for the time being.

I had an InControl Active Air, which in my experience is a pretty good mid-range diaper for a cloth-backed product, produce an isolated island of dampness on the front of my jeans a couple of weeks ago - there was a pin-hole leak somewhere on the front of the diaper. I was wearing dark jeans and a long sweater so it wasn't a big deal, just inconvenient. I also soaked through my comforter last night, in one crescent - I think the front of my diaper (a Rearz Lil' Splash) was folded forward so that the inner lining was in contact with the blanket, so moisture could wick out over the course of a few hours. I just came back from tossing the works into the wash. But hey, when you wear diapers, leaks happens. I have way fewer leaks now than I used to when I started out, mostly because I wear better diapers. 

On 11/4/2021 at 11:59 AM, Little Sherri said:

But hey, when you wear diapers, leaks happens. I have way fewer leaks now than I used to when I started out, mostly because I wear better diapers. 

The thing is....I've never really had any pin hole issues with my Abena's that I can recall.  They're my go to diaper and I absolutely FLOOD the heck out of them.  I'll still wear them for sure....I'm almost done with this bag so I'm sure the next bunch will be just fine.

I had that issue years ago with an Abena diaper.   It was the first time I tried them.  There were bunches of little tiny weep holes in the plastic.  You couldn't see them, but pee would bead up on the front of the diaper as it started to get wet.

It kinda turned me off to them. 

I  just ordered some to try again.   I  hope that I don't get another bad batch. 

I buy my cases of m4 off Amazon.  I often think they are selling me b grades. The plastic shell is different thhickness and texture from case to case.  Never had pinholes but I have had the back of the diaper spout completely down the middle when I was pooping once.  Good thing I wear plastic pants 

• 2 weeks later...

I had to Give Up on Abena M4's. They just stopped working an few months ago.They Tear, Pin Holes, Non Stick Tapes, Plastic Backing Splits and more...

I use Mega Max now and they work.