LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can a foley catheter cause urgency/frequency?

fabpad

Hi,

I wonder if those of you who have had a foley catheter/stent in place for longer than 2 weeks experienced any bladder urgency or frequency upon removal? 

I'm fairly experienced with catheterization but have never had one installed for longer than 5 days. I want to know if having a catheter in for a longer period can decrease continence?

41 minutes ago, derpywhooves94 said:

I have had one in for 7 days but the bladder urgency and or frequency only lasted a few hrs only thing that happened I got was a smaller bladder since draining for 7 days nonstop 

Did you find that to be permanent or semi-permanent?

@fabpad

on the occasions where I do have a catheter in, which are very limited, because I would be in a hospital setting, I did not have urgency issues with the catheter in. What I did have however, was an insatiable need to have to urinate, but because of the fact that I had two tubes in my urethra, all that happened was that I was suffering intense burning and itching, because I had the catheter in place.

reason I had the catheter in place is because I had surgery to remove my appendix, and because of that and because of my weakened state, they just put the catheter in so that I would be able to urinate into a collection bag. As soon as I was able do use a urinal, I had the catheter removed, and I got to pull it out. For a couple weeks after I return from the hospital I had do use Monistat three to be able to clear the infection from my body.

as far as I can see the only time I had problems was With an infection that was left over from when I was in the hospital. It is not natural apparently to have a catheter in at all times, but I do have friends that need to use catheters and they have them in all the time, so this means they have to be able to clean up the catheter and deal with its effects.  

Brian