LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are More People Wearing Adult Diapers During Covid

Linked below is an article that describes how a certain group of individuals report picking up more adult diapers than usual. The article explores the possibility that more people are wearing because of Covid.

This article is just one more reason we need to reduce diaper-stigma. As diaper wearers most of us choose to be discreet but we know intuitively that there is no shame in tossing a soiled diaper in a public trash can. I myself have littered used diapers because I was ashamed and afraid of getting caught. Every once in a while it seems like another article pops up where a local Sheriff's department finds several adult diapers littered along a highway.

Can we get to a place where tossing a used adult diaper in a trash can is not considered a big deal? Are we already there but we are still too embarrassed by what others might think? Maybe we need more private public bathrooms?

I like to think if I saw someone disposing of such a thing I would try to make up my mind that it's no big deal. Although something tells me I would secretly think that person was brave and cool.

https://www.saltwire.com/atlantic-canada/news/urine-trouble-pee-bottles-and-adult-diapers-latest-trash-trend-in-cape-breton-100614194/

It makes sense to me that more people have been wearing adult diapers when out in public as many public restrooms were no longer available during the lockdown. But that shouldn't be an excuse to throw them away along highways or anywhere else except in a trash can. I have done it myself but that was wrong.  

If you are ashamed to dispose of your diapers out in the open then just take a plastic bag with you, put the used diapers in it and throw away the bag in the next bin you come across. 

Disposing of diapers is not a problem unless you make it a problem yourself. Just do it and don't look around for disapproving or shocked reactions. The more we all do it, the more society will get used to it and accept. Disposing of diapers along the roads, in the countryside and in other public areas will tarnish the image of adult diaper wearers and reduce their acceptance.

• Thanks 2

I know my diaper wearing has definitely increased over the pandemic.  So many places now don't have public washrooms or they're only for customers so I just cut out the middle man and wear my own :D

Changing in public is another matter.  If I need to change then its usually in a handicapped washroom where I can lock the door and do my business.  I've never gotten any dirty looks from folks waiting to use the facilities or anything like that and the washrooms themselves usually have easy diaper disposal options.

• Like 1
On 9/25/2021 at 4:27 AM, cathdiap said:

It makes sense to me that more people have been wearing adult diapers when out in public as many public restrooms were no longer available during the lockdown. But that shouldn't be an excuse to throw them away along highways or anywhere else except in a trash can. I have done it myself but that was wrong.  

If you are ashamed to dispose of your diapers out in the open then just take a plastic bag with you, put the used diapers in it and throw away the bag in the next bin you come across. 

Disposing of diapers is not a problem unless you make it a problem yourself. Just do it and don't look around for disapproving or shocked reactions. The more we all do it, the more society will get used to it and accept. Disposing of diapers along the roads, in the countryside and in other public areas will tarnish the image of adult diaper wearers and reduce their acceptance.

I think you are right. Don't make it a problem yourself and society will get used to it.

I want to do my part even if it means getting out of my comfort zone. It is good motivation that the rest of the adult diaper-wearing community will benefit as well.

19 hours ago, Young1 said:

I would think so if it came down to it i bet people stop using public bathrooms during covid

@Young1

I agree with your statement I believe that it stems from people not being able to use the bathrooms are not wanting to use public bathrooms during a pandemic crisis such as COVID-19. People do not want to end up taking the chance that they probably could get something because they are not careful, so they don’t congregate in public places, so they don’t use public bathrooms as much as they used to before COVID-19 hit us in March 20 20.

I agree with your statement I believe that it stems from people not being able to use the bathrooms are not wanting to use public bathrooms during a pandemic crisis such as COVID-19. People do not want to end up taking the chance that they probably could get something because they are not careful, so they don’t congregate in public places, so they don’t use public bathrooms as much as they used to before COVID-19 hit us in March 2020.  

however, there are many of us that Have been wearing diapers for a long time. COVID-19 may have increased the frequency of people wearing diapers who you normally don’t wear diapers as often, but they still wear diapers nonetheless. Because of my incontinence, I have found that I wear diapers more often, and I use them every day. As I’ve told people in the past, August 2019.  Which was the best month of my life, because I finally decided that I needed help with incontinence issues accidents and the like, and then ask my doctor for that help. Additionally, that is when I joined DD for the first time after 25 years of “lurking”. Best decision I ever made.

Due to Covid, diapers are a godsend in my opinion. You no longer have to worry about using public restrooms, or worrying about catching something because you’re using a bathroom that is not your own. There are times where it can be a little “inconvenience“, but at least you don’t have to worry that you can’t find a toilet and that you’re going to end up having an Accident, because you were wearing your bathroom.  They are more convenient nowadays, because we are unsure of many factors of this virus. We thought we had beaten COVID-19 once, and then we had the Delta variant, then we had the Mu Variant, and I’m not sure that we’re done with this virus. Every time we turn around, it seems like we are worse off than we are when we started in 2020. All I know is, I will continue to wear my mask and do things that will hopefully keep me safe from this “virus“.

In times like this, you have to be prepared for things to go “crazy”. By that I mean, you have to be able to think on your feet, and react quickly to situations as they change – one minute everything is fine, the next minute you get a notice that something is changed and you have to maintain whatever rules they put in into force. I don’t mind doing that, and if That is what I have to do, that is what I must do. I have also noticed, as many people have stated, that there are a lot of shipments that are being held at ports of entry, or supports on the seacoast where product comes in. Some of this may be diapers and other incontinence supplies that come into the United States from China. If this is the case everyone of us will have to pay higher than normal tariffs because China seems to not be able to play by any rules that make any sense.  I think all diapers are now made in China – this could put us in the United States and abroad at a disadvantage, because China may decide to play “dirty” by “jacking up“ the pricing on several products including those used for incontinence. Covid Can be vicious and does not take prisoners: one day you’re healthy, the next day you may feel like you have a cold or a flu, and then you have COVID-19. If you feel sick, and you don’t get tested, and you don’t get vaccinated, you could get COVID-19 and not know it until you are tested or until you’re too sick to be able to deal with it by using the vaccine.

In times like this, prices may rise because of supply, or because of demand.  in times like this, prices may rise because of supply, or because of demand. The thing that could be “shifty” is that suppliers can manipulate the amount of supply to increase demand, so that the price goes higher and higher. It is almost as bad as when someone at the stock exchange breathe the wrong way, and because someone says something/anything, the price goes up or down based on something that happens at the stock exchange. China is known for doing things that are a little bit unethical, and so they need to be watched carefully in my opinion. Why else would there be tariffs on things that are imported or exported from China? It’s probably because China does not pay its fair share of what it needs to pay. That seems reasonable, but when you deal with the law of supply and demand, it seems like the more someone demands supply, the less supply is available. They do this with oil prices all the time. For a while it’s like $.59 a barrel, and then it might be up as high as 80 or $.90 a barrel, which makes the gas prices go from $2.19 to over $3.00 Per gallon. I have also heard stories that in the UK, that gas can cost up to five dollars a liter.

let’s just hope that whatever is going on, that businesses are not taking advantage of the Covid situation to manipulate prices out of everyone’s affordability range. This is called “price-fixing“ or “price gouging“ both of which are illegal and unethical. Everyone needs diapers: everyone. Babies need diapers, children need diapers, adults need diapers regardless of the times that we are experiencing and it is my hope that prices remain reasonable so that we can continue to get them at a reasonable 

Diapers Make our lives a lot easier: I don’t have to worry anymore, and I don’t have to run to the bathroom when I have to go and almost injure myself doing it. Covid  or not diapers are a lot of the reason that it is easier for me to function

Brian

• Thanks 2
On 9/25/2021 at 5:27 AM, cathdiap said:

This, very much! ?  Disposing of diapers is much like buying diapers in a store- I think a lot of it is mental. If a person acts nervous or embarrassed, that behavior itself is what will draw attention of other people. Most people are focused on going about their own lives and their own thoughts etc. They don't care what's in another person's shopping cart or why they're throwing a balled up garbage bag away. Now, if a person acts hesitant, comes out of the stall and looks around, goes up to the garbage can and looks around, that will draw attention of people because it's a little out of the ordinary.  Like "hey, why is this person acting like this? what's he up to?"  But if a person is all casual and non-chalant most people probably wouldn't even notice. 

• Like 2