LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you ever reflect on how much effort it takes to be incontinent and stay dry vs continence?

Enthusi

This occurred to me after I replied to someone else’s comments on the main forum.   In my reply I quipped about how it takes me way more work to stay dry than someone who is continent.   

I’ve been thinking about this a lot in the context of feeling guilty about benefiting from the few perks that come with being diapered 247. (Not having to get up at night to pee). 

Anyways it’s crazy to think about all the work that goes into staying dry. Here’s just a few:

- Cost of diapers

- Carrying diapers with you at all times 

- Storing cases of diapers 

- Disposing diapers 

- Supplies 

- Furniture protectors 

- Traveling in diapers

- Diaper rash 

- Dealing with smells and crinkles and bulges. 

- Special clothing / cloth diapering stuff. 

- Risk of serious medical complications such as infections, urinary retention, especially later in life. 

- Social embarrassment 

- Athletics 

- Leaks 

- Shaving and hygiene 

- Tape failures 

- Pee stains 

- Ordering and shipping diapers 

Wheras if you’re continent you have just one task: Get to the potty on time. 

So maybe it’s okay to ask for some perks in return?  ? Though even without perks I wouldn’t have it any other way!

• Like 1

I believe my views on the subject of incontinent desires have been made clear over the years.  I myself would never want to be incontinent or have to use diapers 24/7 even though I do enjoy wearing them now and then.  I also believe for young people it's best to think things out before making a snap decision.  If you make yourself incontinent at age 22, you have around 60+ more years in diapers with no turning back which is 3 times longer than you have lived so far.

With that said, this is the forum for people who desire to make themselves incontinent.  It's their space and no matter what someone else thinks, this is not the place to discourage them, yell at them, tell them how stupid their idea is, etc.  This is their safe place to talk about their incontinent desires.  While I believe I understand the original post, some might construe it as pointing up just how bad it is for someone to be in diapers 24/7/365 when you are pointing out:

It’s crazy to think about all the work that goes into staying dry. Here’s just a few:

- Cost of diapers

- Carrying diapers with you at all times 

- Storing cases of diapers 

- Disposing diapers 

- Supplies 

- Furniture protectors 

- Traveling in diapers

- Diaper rash 

- Dealing with smells and crinkles and bulges. 

- Special clothing / cloth diapering stuff. 

- Risk of serious medical complications such as infections, urinary retention, especially later in life. 

- Social embarrassment 

- Athletics 

- Leaks 

- Shaving and hygiene 

- Tape failures 

- Pee stains 

- Ordering and shipping diapers 

Wheras if you’re continent you have just one task: Get to the potty on time. 

@rusty pins Oooh. Yeah no this isn’t meant to discourage anyone.  It’s more a reflection and response to the guilty thoughts that arise when I (we) feel about using diapers rather than holding it in.   

That said, I do think a lot of people want to be incontinent but nope out when they run into the aforementioned cost and hassles.  But I would still encourage anyone considering this lifestyle to give it a shot. ?

Well here’s my two cents worth on this subject.  I’ve been in diapers 24/7 since 1979 and part time before then. I started wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants as disposable diapers at that time weren’t very good. Somehow I managed being double diapered at work and at home with few issues. I will add keeping the urine smell down and tons of laundry was a pain at times. Switching to Attends a few years later was the ticket as they were so much better than cloth and no stink or laundry.  Since then I have been in most brands of disposable diapers over the years, currently wearing Better Dry diapers at present.

My point here is there is a cost and planning and preparation to being diapered around the clock but it is certainly manageable.  My list is as follows:

cost of disposable diapers are much cheaper when ordered by the case and auto shipped each month.

Adult diaper wipes larger than baby wipes so I use one or two per change 

corn starch baby powder and baby oil for reducing skin irritation due to shaving down under 

small plastic trash bags for disposal

diaper rash cream 

hygiene and baths or showers and proper care at diaper changes prevents many issues. I shower in the morning, powder up, put on a diaper and go to work. I can usually make it ten hours or until I get home so I don’t need to carry extras with me. Second change at home and third change before bed. Seldom if ever do my diapers leak so there’s no bed/ chair protectors or diaper bags to carry with me. Everyone is different but this works for me. 
Overall I spend a hundred bucks a month on diapers and around another fifteen on bags, wipes and lotion and powder.  Loss off bladder control over the years, a definite plus.

There's a lot of truth to this! And it's an enforcer / reminder that it's what I really want. 

Like, a regular person (or even ABDL that doesn't untrain) wouldn't choose to:

• wear a garment or other disposal system that outs them as 'different' from others socially, and worry they may reject you
  • spend hundreds each month on disposables, and plan to take on extra laundry for cloth if you experience financial or supply-chain problems
  • if you cannot have diapers shipped to your door, then have to pick up gigantic boxes every few weeks at your local post office / supermarket
  • have to lug moderate-sized bags of used diapers to the trash everyday (an if you're using an adult pail, those obvious and partially see-through blue ones)
  • take on the logistics of traveling with diapers/supplies; e.g., having more things to forget brining, potentially paying extra baggage fees, worrying about losing a 'critical' bag due to luggage mistakes, calling the hotel ahead of time, etc.
  • delay going to bed, despite being suuuuper tired, to go through a nighttime diapering ritual (I used to skip some things when suuper tired, but diapers? Cannot skip that! Incontinence kinda enforces going to bed at a reasonable hour so you have the energy to do those things)
  • worry about protecting furniture at home, keeping pads on hand
  • if staying overnight with friends etc. need to tell them there's a chance of leaking on their furniture or guest bed, and asking how comfortable they feel about accommodations
  • lay down on the floor of your bathroom etc. (hopefully with a pillow) to do lay-down changes (I used to do standing ones but they're not realistic anymore when you're dripping during changes and want to keep the floor dry)

The latter part on traveling was particularly relevant to me lately. I spent waaaay more time than a regular person ever would want to weighing bags and thinking through "what if" scenarios where I only have my carry-on with me. For example, how many nighttime and daytime diapers do I need in case my checked luggage is lost? What else will I need to have on me (pads, wipes, creams, changes of clothes...)? Can I find alternatives at my destination in case I need to? Do I need to have something to put on the plane seat in case I leak? How many do I keep in my personal bag so I can change without having to fetch stuff out of my carry-on in view of everyone else, and do I need to restock during layover / before the next flight? How much do I need to hydrate on the plane / am I diapered heavily enough in case the bathrooms are occupied / when are we landing and when do I need to plan changing so I'm posing no risk of leaking from then until we disembark? ETC... XD

If you're a vanilla person, or just a casual ABDL wearer, these aren't really problems:

• you can dress more discretely, or choose not to wear at all in public
  • you can cap how much you spend on diapers etc. or go without if necessary
  • you can pack fewer diapers on trips, and if you lose your bag it's a disappointment and not a red-alert-oh-shit moment
  • you can go to bed however you want, whenever you want
  • you can keep it all a secret; diapers aren't non-negotiable when overnighting with friends etc
  • you can change however you want -- forget to fluff and layout your diaper before laying down, or forget a diaper entirely after untaping? Go for it, you won't leak on the floor while standing up and walking over to your stash. Want to change while standing? Go for it, there's no chance you'll leak, miss your diaper, and wet the floor.
  • you can moderate or fully use your diapers; need to poo, but only half wet? Just hold it until you've gotten your dollar's worth!

All this taken together, it's really a stark contrast with somebody that doesn't pursue (or hasn't yet fully grasped) what is required when incontinent/untraining. ?
(Not to construe that nobody should ever untrain! It's just hilarious to have it all laid out like this, and if that's your choice then by all means go for it!)

8 hours ago, Kif said:

Not to construe that nobody should ever untrain! It's just hilarious to have it all laid out like this, and if that's your choice then by all means go for it!)

Amen! Lol.  It has to be a labor of love as incontinence 247 doesn’t outweigh any of the perks of being able to skip the bathroom. 

Can I ask you about your dribbling? Or maybe you’ve discussed it elsewhere?    What was it like at first?  I ask because I’ve had some dribbling for the past 6 months to a year, but I thought it was pretty minor. Until this weekend when I opted to change to a thicker diaper.  I took off the first one and assumed it was dry.  Though I noticed the diaper was still white but it looked bit clumpier around the crotch area.  And not just a tiny bit either. But it’s kind of confusing. Because it didn’t look particularly wet.  And this wasn’t the first time I’ve been a bit unsure if I was dribbling or not.

Did it have an insidious onset with you? 

1 hour ago, Enthusi said:

Can I ask you about your dribbling? Or maybe you’ve discussed it elsewhere?    What was it like at first?  

Sure! I've not really discussed it much anywhere. 

Before I resumed untraining a month ago, prior to that I'd have post-void drip (I have male anatomy atm). The funny part is I didn't realize it at the time; I thought it was just sweat until I checked and realized that it does nooooot smell that way that quickly or leave weird stains. After I resumed untraining there was a 1-week period that I was in pads instead of diapers, so I was hyper-aware of what was going on down there...and I'd notice drips leaving the tube every once-in-awhile (sometimes deeper inside I'd assume, because my pad wasn't wet and it ... felt different). At one point it happened as I was sitting down, after I'd been holding it too long, before I'd given the 'go pee' signal. Which was a surprise for me at the time, and really didn't have me trusting my bladder all that much...

Nowadays (two weeks-ish later), I think it's a mix of that with forgetting I started to pee. Sometimes it takes longer concentration to start peeing, and during that time I'd get distracted, forget, and then later it would slip out. Today I had a few instances while changing where I didn't expect to leak pee while wiping down, and I had to dab up some larger droplets that popped up unexpectedly...probably from this, maybe? Or I'm in denial...I'm at the 'I could probably stop it if I paid attention' phase, but more-often I end up wet before I realize I've started so I wouldn't be surprised if I were mostly in denial.

I ask because I’ve had some dribbling for the past 6 months to a year, but I thought it was pretty minor. Until this weekend when I opted to change to a thicker diaper.  I took off the first one and assumed it was dry.  Though I noticed the diaper was still white but it looked bit clumpier around the crotch area.  And not just a tiny bit either. But it’s kind of confusing. Because it didn’t look particularly wet. And this wasn’t the first time I’ve been a bit unsure if I was dribbling or not.

I've felt this way too, and feel I've had a similar experience though I tend to chock it up to my brain filtering out wetness down there...especially when heavily diapered. When heavily diapered, I don't really notice I'm wet until I feel heaviness/fullness in the front or back -- before that, I really couldn't tell you if I was wet or not, even while poking/prodding around down there. Not that it has ever mattered to check my diaper so early...I haven't had any reason to pay attention to it until nearly changing time.

Timelines aside (I experienced similar things within 2 months during my first stint, and I'm at (or past?) the same place after a month...Something Kali called very spiral prone I think), I relate a lot to this and am probably in deep denial about what is happening haha.

Did it have an insidious onset with you? 

I guess so...I definitely didn't notice pvd / realize what was happening until after four years, just before I started retraining again and especially this past year. And even in untraining, the onset still felt gradual even if at a comparatively faster pace. I guess that's what happens when you focus on wetting both in and out of diapers? I'm getting checked out just-in-case, but I suspect I'm simply more prone to spiraling.

2 hours ago, Kif said:

Not that it has ever mattered to check my diaper so early...I haven't had any reason to pay attention to it until nearly changing time.

Omg we are so much alike in so many ways.  (Actually I sent you a DM.)

This is where I’m trying to be at. It’a crazy to think that I can’t tell if I’m dribbling or not. Much like you said I don’t feel wet until I’m wet-wet.  And it’s even crazier to think that it doesn’t matter! 

Side note… you brought up dribbling in the context of leaking during changes.  I have long since considered accidentally wetting yourself during a change as the ultimate untraining “flex”. 

That said after the first few times it happens, it’s still baller, but more of an annoyance.  Add cleanup during changes to the list of work needed to stay dry when you’re incontinent!  ?

Haha, thanks! Can say the same, been following along for a while haha. 

Must say that peeing between changes (whether deliberate/practice or not) is why I switched from standing to laying-down changes regularly. And made a waterproof pillow to lay on. And reworked my diaper bag. Etc. 

All these things I wouldn't have thought of under regular circumstances! XD

• Like 1

Today I was reminded of this as I accidentally wet my pull up, my Mommy thinks it might be time to wear diapers to work too which is the only time I’m in pull ups currently but being 24/7 since January has definitely changed me and apparently it’s time to live it even at work. It also makes things like the Renaissance festival and vacations much different but I’m still happy with the progress I’ve made and overall happy with my 24/7 decision!

• Like 1