LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Chafing

Hi,

I love to wear diapers but I notice I chafe really bad when I walk in one. Just wondering if anyone else deals with that and how u help with it so that you don’t chafe. 

Any help is appreciated!

• Like 1

I use BodyGlide daily.  It's intended for runners etc, and it works pretty well at preventing chafing.  It doesn't come off quickly, and doesn't stain clothing. I walk a lot.

• Like 1

If you do get bad chafing, take a soft washcloth, soak it in warm to hot water, lay it over the chafed area for a minute, pat it dry and then use Sween Cream.  Of all things I have tried over the past 30 years, this is the very best for raw and chafed skin!  After 5 minutes of putting in on the raw area, you won't even know you have chafed skin!  You can get it many places, just do a google search.

Coloplast Moisturizing Sween Cream 12 oz - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

• Like 1

I wear diapers 24/7, including for hiking, running, and working outdoors in hot weather. Two elements are key to mitigating chaffing - first of all, use lotion. It does not have to be special - I use store-brand diaper cream most of the time, but it makes a big difference. The second component is diaper construction - I have definitely found that some diapers chaff more than others. If you are having no luck with a particular brand, even using diaper cream, then try another brand.

For me, plastic ABDL diapers work fine about 95% of the time, whereas some of the cheaper store-bought "medical-grade" diapers are much more likely to irritate me (I'm looking at you, Tena). However, for long-distance running or taking martial arts classes at the gym, I've found a diaper that I can wear with no discomfort - the Prevail 360 Breezer, which has been supplanted lately by their Perfit 360 and the Air Plus. Plus lots of diaper cream - I smell like a nursery when I run. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, waynecook52 said:

Not one of you understood what he was asking.Read the last 5 words of his post,SO THAT  YOU DONT CHAFE.Not soothing the chafing

Maybe I'm wrong but it does appear @diaperwearntigger recommended lotion and powder to prevent chafing while @Stroller suggested Body Glide to prevent it. That hardly seems like no one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, waynecook52 said:

Not one of you understood what he was asking. SPACE Read the last 5 words of his post, SPACE SO THAT  YOU DONT CHAFE. SPACE Not soothing the chafing.

YEA another Einstein....diaper rash OINTMENT PREVENTS IT ALSO

• Like 1

Always make sure you are dry after every change and your shower and using nappy rash cream every day especially in the hotter months I have found by doing this I prevent any kind of chafing.

Find a diaper that fits YOU. (and clothes) 

I have no problems wearing Tena Ultima, even when wet, but I need to wear something to hold it up, it being granny panties or onesie. (or boxers etc.)
I have managed the times I forgot to put something over the diaper, but then it chafe. 

I recently put on an ABDL diaper, without using panties, and it chaffed horribly, so I put on panties and the problem was gone.

On 8/13/2021 at 8:02 AM, rusty pins said:

If you do get bad chafing, take a soft washcloth, soak it in warm to hot water, lay it over the chafed area for a minute, pat it dry and then use Sween Cream.  Of all things I have tried over the past 30 years, this is the very best for raw and chafed skin!  After 5 minutes of putting in on the raw area, you won't even know you have chafed skin!  You can get it many places, just do a google search.

Coloplast Moisturizing Sween Cream 12 oz - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

17 hours ago, waynecook52 said:

Not one of you understood what he was asking.Read the last 5 words of his post,SO THAT  YOU DONT CHAFE.Not soothing the chafing

Oh, I understood it all right.  I'm not always good at preventing the chafing however I've had in enough times that I figured if anyone was asking how to prevent it, they probably have had it a few times and this is a way to relieve the pain until you figure out how to prevent it.  Even then, your preventative measures may work 90% of the time but once in a while you may still need something to sooth that chafing when you still get it now and then.