LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Some perspective

So this month I decided to "walk the walk" and live like I was really incontinent.  I think a lot of us that desire this don't really understand what this can mean.  So after a particularly messy accident, i decided to just shower.  Put my diaper in a bag to take to the dumpster later and headed towards the bathroom.  I got hit with another wave on the way in.  After a moment of panic I decided to dash to the toilet but not hold anything.  I immediately started messing and did not make it more than two steps into the bathroom  I ended up emptying my bowels right in the middle of the bathroom floor.  I was kinda in shock.  I'd never really considered what inco was like outside the diaper.  well after cleaning myself and the floor I decided that this was NOT a game breaker.  I wouldn't have changed the way it played out.  It make the steps I am taking this month even more meaningful.  i learned a valuable lesson through experience, that I have to be a lot more careful when not in a diaper.  I also learned that I really want to live this month.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Well talk about baptism by fire!  You certainly experienced full bladder/bowel incontinence without warning, wow you are quite brave to be so positive after such a blowout.  I am 24/7 also, however it is for loss of bladder control. I’ll admit I have had an infrequent bowel movement in my diaper but it’s rare and not something I embrace. Congrats on your baptism once again 

• Like 1

I’m not actively working towards bowel incontinence (if it happens, it happens) but I am pretty far along with urinary incon.  

What a lot of people fail to realize is that IT NEVER STOPS.  As happy as I am with my progress, it does get a bit fatiguing to always be vigilant of leaks and I can’t ever “enjoy” being naked.   You can never truly let your guard down, unless you want an embarrassing mess to clean up. 

I joke that I would hate being incontinent if I didn’t love it. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Enthusi said:

I’m not actively working towards bowel incontinence (if it happens, it happens) but I am pretty far along with urinary incon.  

What a lot of people fail to realize is that IT NEVER STOPS.  As happy as I am with my progress, it does get a bit fatiguing to always be vigilant of leaks and I can’t ever “enjoy” being naked.   You can never truly let your guard down, unless you want an embarrassing mess to clean up. 

I joke that I would hate being incontinent if I didn’t love it. 

I can see that.  i have started getting nervous just in the time it takes ti get in and out of the shower.  especially out because you are undiapered longer.  i just know i will have and accident sooner or later

2 hours ago, DiapergirlWB said:

I can see that.  i have started getting nervous just in the time it takes ti get in and out of the shower.  especially out because you are undiapered longer.  i just know i will have and accident sooner or later

Just wait... You'll have your hand under your peepee ALL the time because it has a continuous drip, drip, drip. You can't get the new diaper on fast enough. Jeez.

8 hours ago, DiapergirlWB said:

Have you experienced the “thrill” of peeing yourself while toweling off, especially when you’re in short distance to the toilet?  It’s simultaneously humiliating and validating when it happens. 

7 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Have you experienced the “thrill” of peeing yourself while toweling off, especially when you’re in short distance to the toilet?  It’s simultaneously humiliating and validating when it happens. 

No I am not that far along and I don't think I will get there in a month.  I know there are still subconcious factors that govern my continence.  I do suffer from some IBS and get really intense needs to poop real fast so that is why I wasn't able to make it to the toilet from my room when the urge hit me without holding.  Even with holding the 20 feet from my computer to the toilet has been a lost race on bad days.

13 hours ago, ppdude said:

Just wait... You'll have your hand under your peepee ALL the time because it has a continuous drip, drip, drip. You can't get the new diaper on fast enough. Jeez.

Still quite a long way from this happening I think.  But it is something to consider if I move forward after the month is over.

I appreciate it that you guys are bringing up the precautions you have to take in daily life.  I was wondering if you could post any more of them that someone like me might not think of because there is no actual physical need so I can start incorporating them ito my life for the month.  Appreciate any responses

When showering with a stent in place, I wrap a small thin hand towelette around, held in place with an elastic band, whilst drying off. Gives me a few minutes. Others use a clamp. 

1 hour ago, DiapergirlWB said:

Still quite a long way from this happening I think.  But it is something to consider if I move forward after the month is over.

I appreciate it that you guys are bringing up the precautions you have to take in daily life.  I was wondering if you could post any more of them that someone like me might not think of because there is no actual physical need so I can start incorporating them ito my life for the month.  Appreciate any responses

Patience, grasshopper. You’ll get there in due time.  ?

If there’s one piece of advice I can give it’s this:  

If you’re truly serious about unpotty training you need to get used to having leaks and accidents. That’s the difference between being diaper trained and being incontinent. It’s natural for humans to have a strong aversion to peeing themselves (and messing it that’s your thing).  As you can imagine, that aversion is a mental barrier to achieving incontinence.  Some people advocate wearing underwear and practicing not exercising any bladder control.  In the height of my untraining I  had a rule that when I am not diapered I will not make any attempt to exercise bladder control, no matter what. Over the years I’ve had more than my share of accidents. These days when it happens I just shrug and clean it up.  I have cleaning stuff in nearly every room in my house and I keep a small thing of detergent in my bathroom so if I have an accident I can easily soak my clothes until I’m ready to do laundry.   I would highly recommend you develop the same familiarity for when accidents happen…. If that’s your thing. 

1 hour ago, Enthusi said:

Patience, grasshopper. You’ll get there in due time.  ?

If there’s one piece of advice I can give it’s this:  

If you’re truly serious about unpotty training you need to get used to having leaks and accidents. That’s the difference between being diaper trained and being incontinent. It’s natural for humans to have a strong aversion to peeing themselves (and messing it that’s your thing).  As you can imagine, that aversion is a mental barrier to achieving incontinence.  Some people advocate wearing underwear and practicing not exercising any bladder control.  In the height of my untraining I  had a rule that when I am not diapered I will not make any attempt to exercise bladder control, no matter what. Over the years I’ve had more than my share of accidents. These days when it happens I just shrug and clean it up.  I have cleaning stuff in nearly every room in my house and I keep a small thing of detergent in my bathroom so if I have an accident I can easily soak my clothes until I’m ready to do laundry.   I would highly recommend you develop the same familiarity for when accidents happen…. If that’s your thing. 

I really appreciate the advice!!  I am having to learn to cope with some leaks and accident.  Using a diaper full time now I am still gauging how much they can absorb before changing so I am not wasting half a diaper and I have misjudged a few times and had leaks.  i am exercising the same rule of holding as the first post shows hopefully i won't have to go any length of time without a diaper or there is gonna b a mess.

24/7 for about 2.5 years now...  I did find that the "leak" issue did get better over time, probably some combination of learning what the right diaper for me is (and how to fit it) along with a slow drift towards high frequency/low volume peeing incidents.

Still, leaks happen...  This week it seems that every day, my Abena L4+booster has delivered a small wet spot on the back of my jeans just before change time despite plastic pants.  I'm still trying to figure this out.  I'm wondering if the pack of Abena I'm currently working my way through is somehow less efficacious than its predecessor packs.

I (think) I'm still basically continent during the day (there are limits) but in stark contrast to received wisdom, I became a bedwetter after a bit over a year.  This kind of crept up on me and by the time I realised it was a thing, it really WAS a thing and probably had been for some months.  It makes nights away complicated.  I not only need my nappies but some insurance (terry-lined plastic pants) to make sure that I don't leak in somebody else's bed.

That's probably my hot tip: with dependency in my case, by the time I saw it, it was too late.

• Like 2

This is really relevant to me.  I have always wanted bedwetting more that any other form.  It is the most exciting for me and the scariest too.  You can do some retracing and strengthen and reverse much if not all of the the daytime conditioning but they say once you break the nighttime barrier it's over...no going back.  I mean In my mind I want the choice taken away but there is no parachute and that is a bit scary

21 minutes ago, DiapergirlWB said:

This is really relevant to me.  I have always wanted bedwetting more that any other form.  It is the most exciting for me and the scariest too.  You can do some retracing and strengthen and reverse much if not all of the the daytime conditioning but they say once you break the nighttime barrier it's over...no going back.  I mean In my mind I want the choice taken away but there is no parachute and that is a bit scary

It was (and still is) just a little bit scary.  At night at least, the choice HAS been taken away from me it seems.  I don't know how to reverse the development because I've no idea what the "development" IS.  It happens when I'm asleep.

Sometimes there are pee dreams (which can be a clue to what is going on, IF you could think to wake up).  Other times nothing, just a nappy FAR wetter than I fell asleep in (or if NO nappy, a wet bed).  Still other times, it's just like olden days.  I wake up to pee every couple of hours.  I never know.

If I had to give up 24/7 tomorrow, I'm still going to have to wear nappies to bed because I know (from experimentation) that I cannot be trusted not to wet the bed anymore.

From somebody who was nappy-free at night by the age of two and a half, that's quite a thing...

As I said though, subject to range and urgency issues that have emerged after long-haul 24/7, I have a degree of control during the day.