LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinence caused me to become DL????

Anyone else find that there medical issue is both a part of life but also often become submissive to wearing them. That it becomes easy to wear hard to not. Both due to the possibility of having an "accident" when out or in company of others. Which both causes me to feel not just both embarrassed and humiliated but the fact that it's so hard to hide is awkward sometimes 

• Like 3

Ask yourself this,”isn’t this a better frame of mind than becoming withdrawn, depressed or house bound?” Knowing that in today’s world, loss of bladder control is not the stigma it once was and people are more aware these days. I’d say becoming a DL due to bladder issues is a far better alternative to these issues and allows us to still be active in life.  Yes wearing a diaper reminds us of being a baby or not being grown up so that could bring on a submissive tone. Not to mention all of the different diapers that are on the Internet today, it’s hard to imagine more incontinent people not leaning towards being an AB or DL.

For people like me, diapers make me feel safe and secure, knowing I won’t have a urine stream running down my leg or soaking my clothes at any give time. The more time spent wearing diapers in my opinion, the more accepted they become to us and it’s easy to feel submissive and perhaps a bit naughty that we’re back in diapers.  I still believe this is a much better outlook on life than believing your life is over.  And if you think about it, what’s wrong with letting your inner child out in the open? 

• Like 9

This is rather common in the ic community. People, as much as they despise being incon, they come to appreciate the freedom and return to "normal" life that diapers give them. They are protected from embarassing situations (accidents), can enjoy activities with out being interrupted by a need to dash to the restroom, and can be more than 20 feet away from a bathroom with out worry. Beds stay dry and clean as well.

Its a win-win situation all around, but they have to get past the emotional sense of loss first, and be able to accept that thier "new" underwear is going to be more "padded" than they are used to.

• Like 3

My incontinence is the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. I’m 79 now. Over the years, I’ve come to enjoy wearing and the sensation of using the diapers that I need. However, I’m pretty sure that I would never have tried let alone come to enjoy diapers if it weren’t for the incontinence issues.

• Like 1

do not feel you are or have DL it is more likely that you are feeling safe in the fact you need diapers medically and there is NOTHING wrong with that if you was to not wear them and  just stay at home and get depressed and stay at home then all of us would get worried about you for sure 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

This is real. It took me years to realize that wearing diapers also lowered my general anxiety and stress level. The constant worry about leaking or having a sudden bladder release slowly increased my stress level. Once I came to terms with the fact that wearing diaper was something I did need and that there was not point in trying to fight it, I became much calmer. I'm not a DL and don't "like" wearing diapers but I also don't dislike them. They just are.

As my condition deteriorated over the years, "fighting" the need to wear diapers was a problem I didn't know I had.

It took nearly 20 years to really realize and accept that I should be wearing diapers all the time. 

• Like 1
On 8/5/2021 at 12:04 AM, square_duck said:

This is rather common in the ic community. People, as much as they despise being incon, they come to appreciate the freedom and return to "normal" life that diapers give them. They are protected from embarassing situations (accidents), can enjoy activities with out being interrupted by a need to dash to the restroom, and can be more than 20 feet away from a bathroom with out worry. Beds stay dry and clean as well.

Its a win-win situation all around, but they have to get past the emotional sense of loss first, and be able to accept that thier "new" underwear is going to be more "padded" than they are used to.

Yup. You're exactly right. At this point, I can't imagine not being diapered.

Add me to the growing list :)  Ive long since accepted my need to be diapered and I do enjoy the benefits of being diapered to manage my ic issues.

I figure Im stuck in diapers anyways and have no choice but to wear so why not enjoy being diapered (It helps with acceptance and relives stress)   I would still prefer not to need to wear but Im ok with it now 

• 3 weeks later...

100% agree it took me along time to realise that having to wear protective underwear wasn't the end of the world... now I feel naked if I don't but a slip on. Its so comforting and all of my stress and anxiety have gone . ? ? 

• 1 month later...

Couldn't agree more with all of these comments. I've been in denial for about 15+ years that I'm becoming increasingly incontinent and have almost unconsciously been limiting my activity to accommodate it (eg giving up certain sports, long hikes or shopping trips).

Having decided to wear nappies pretty much 24/7 a few months ago, I've never felt calmer and less stressed than I do now.

I've also gone back to my local IC clinic for support as I was referred there by my Dr several years ago but at the time I was in denial and got all upset and scared when they diagnosed me as IC and said that there was no magic cure and I just needed to manage it. I didn't go back and sort of pretended that if I ignored the wet pants and frequent need for the loo I could pretend I didn't have a problem. Obviously this plan didn't really work out for me...... 

I became incontinent to both bowel and bladder 10 years ago due to a Stroke. I also have other complications due to the Stroke as well. At first I have to say I was not very happy that I had to become dependent 24/7 on wearing diapers as well as having a 24/7 caregiver to take care of me. As time went on I did learn to live with it and 3 years ago found out about this lifestyle. After talking it over with my caregiver and decided most of the things in the ABD world I was already living in sort of a way anyway but was just not being treated as such. So we slowly started to do things in more of a baby/toddler way and it was really fun. So now we are 3 years later and full into it and I love it and also my caregiver likes it as well. I never thought back when this started that I could have so much fun from a medical condition that changed my life so drastically, but I am. 

• Like 1

My incontinence has lead to and increased my DL desires as you will see below

After an accident while in the military over 25 years ago that resulted in incontinence that continued to worsen and after many tests were run, I was finally diagnosed me with a chronic neurogenic bladder with related mixed urinary incontinence as the result of diabetes insipidus with polyuria and chronic bladder dilation.

Realizing this was going to be a lifelong medical issue, the doctors and nurses suggested that I try condom catheters or catheters to control the incontinence and seemed surprised when I told them I wanted to stay in diapers as I feel they are easier to deal with.  They then said as long as the diapers didn’t cause any irritations, it made sense to stay in them.  But truth be told, I realized I was now actually happy that it was official that I needed to wear diapers, even in uniform. It was the first moment I felt there was a benefit in being disabled. Yea it does have inconvenient aspects, but I am so lucky to be turned on by diapers. Instead of feeling miserable over being incontinent, my disability was now forcing me to live my diaper fetish.

I was medically retired from the military a few years later for multiple issues, one of which was urinary incontinence.  Now days, all of my family and some friends know I need to wear diapers and fully support me.  I have now fully embraced my need for diapers and often wear Dry 24/7 disposables or thick cloth diapers and nursery print plastic pants everywhere I go.  Usually they are only covered by shorts and a T shirt or when I am feeling real adventurous short shorts so that my plastic pants peek out of the leg band, but that is another story!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I think my incontinence and AB/DL may have interacted with each other.

I had extremely delayed toilet training; I didn't start until 7 and didn't finish until 8. I consider that an episode of incontinence. I also had a separate episode, for unclear reasons, from when I was 10 to just before I turned 12, which I didn't completely recover from until I was nearly 13. It was definitely difficult to go through. I know Fuss et al. (2019) found that AB/DLs have a higher than average rate of adverse childhood experiences; I'm wondering if the trauma of being in diapers for an unusually long time overall, and of leaving them repeatedly, was an influence on my identity as a DL.

I went back into diapers voluntarily and gradually, from a few months before I turned 18 to a few months after. I consciously did it because I didn't feel secure in being able to maintain my functional urinary continence in the context of my new routine of first-year undergraduate studies. In hindsight, however, I definitely think that my identity as a DL might have affected my decision to go back into diapers, my commitment to staying in them, and my decision not to try harder to leave them when my general continence started showing visible signs of strain.

References

Fuss, J., Jais, L., Grey, B.T., Guczka, S.R., Briken, P., & Biedermann, S.V. (2019, June 22). Self-reported childhood maltreatment and erotic target identity inversions among men with paraphilic infantilismJournal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 45(8), 781-795. doi:10.1080/0092623X.2019.1623355.

Certainly my decision to embrace the ABDL lifestyle stemmed from my rare neurological migraine disorder I got in my mid 30's. For me though it took several years of frustration of having to all of the sudden have to wear diapers 24/7 due to the complications of this disorder and at the beginning stages the doctors didn't really know exactly what was going on with me making it even more frustrating. Once a diagnosis was fully determined I came to terms with why I had to be in diapers and then gradually the comfort and security of them started making me feel more and more like a baby so I started acting like one. Later I met a wonderful women who is also disabled in a totally different way then I am and she eventually became my full time mommy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I came at this (diaper fetish) as a way of covering up or hiding my incontinence. I learned about DL's and such in Penthouse Magazine's letters section and thought I could use the fetish for a "cover" and the reason I had diapers if anyone ever found out. What can I say, I was young, sheltered, naive, and clueless...   ?

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

When I first started to have issues of leaking or straight out peeing in my pants while out in my car or while sleeping in bed, I never even though about diapers as a fetish until some time after I first started to wear diapers and started to go on line to find more information regarding what I can do to go back to life without diapers.  Unfortunately, my doctor visits haven't helped at all, and things just continue to progress to the point I now wear diapers most of the time.

I must admit now that I do have a little bit of a fetish and there are times when I am out in public wear I attempt to wear my diapers in a way that other people may notice that I am wearing diapers.  On the rare occasion where I have had someone come up to me and say they have noticed I am wearing diapers, it is in a weird way a turn on to get embarrassed by them.  I have noticed that of those who mention it almost all are women, many of them elderly women, and in some cases they are women with children.  My best guess is that those with children notice it because they are always checking there own kids to see if they need to be changed, or from remembering how people look while wearing diapers from their past experiences?  In regards to elderly women, they come right up to me and talk about it and either tell me about their past husband needing diapers or that they wear diapers themselves.  I have noticed that when older women talk to me, they always say I seem too young to wear diapers, and they don't seem to have an issue with asking if I wear a pad, pull ups, full diapers, etc...  They are usually surprised when I tell them I need diapers all of the time!