LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Upgrade: Where do I change this

Hiyas everyone:

I hate to say this, but I liked the OLD setup for information on my profile.  Whatever @DailyDi updated, it took OUT the Words "BB2021" and the words "Diapered Man of Technology: Semper Paratus: Always Ready" and set me back to "diaper royalty" and also places all these screwy circles and it looks Terrible to ME.

Is there a way to adjust profiles to add the custom under My name like it was??  With all these balloons that say "so and so is a Moderator" and all, it is confusing.

Brian

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

New software, give me some time to play with it, though I think the change might be locked in as its an all new ranking system.

@DailyDi

Mikey: I FULLY Understand this:  New software can be a tricky thing, so I will wait and give you all the time you need! :)

Thanks for all you do - It IS appreciated!

Brian

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DailyDi said:

New software, give me some time to play with it, though I think the change might be locked in as its an all new ranking system.

Any new toys that we can play with?

It would be all kins of nice if you made it so that the places where you put addresses were actaully clckable. You could probably replace all the specific ones with one input for a link list where we could decide for ourselves what links to put in. Who still uses ICQ if it still exists. It could be either rich text or HTML for those who can do text links, Image links with mini-icons would be cool, too

On 6/24/2021 at 10:28 AM, willnotwill said:

I guess it's supposed to be a rocket ship.   I think it looks like a pacifier.

I hope we get our custom user titles back.

@willnotwill

It kinda does look like a rocket, or maybe a paci.  I noticed that the update changed the info panel, and instead of showing that you have lets say 2.156 posts and a rep of +538, like I show, it is now something shown when you HOVER over where it says "2.2K" and you hover to get the real value.  it is different, and strange to have to go to your profile page to see that: and 2,155 is NOT 2.2K posts, because I am not at 2,200 posts yet, so that is strange :)  I'm confident that mikey'll figure out what is going on, and I think he will do what he can to get back what changed.  I speak from 2 angles - One as a User, one as an ADMIN and site maintainer of my own websites and forum.  I have to look at it from 2 prospectives, because I understand that as a user, we make requests of the admins for things, and for each, the Site Admins have to evaluate the request, and let us know what is "doable" and what is not.

Speaking as a User:  I also hope we can get our user titles back, and possibly show the rep meter and post counts.  Feels like they have been Truncated  and REMOVED and it looks strange like that, as well as the Custom User Titles going back to "default" for the Level they are.  It's Kind of "strange looking" now.

Speaking as an Admin of The BBWN:   However, I'm gonna assume that @DailyDi has to have time to explore the software, and the Admin, Mod and User Control panels, look at the features, and decide which ones he wants to turn on and turn off.  I know from experience that sometimes it's as easy as flipping a switch, or ticking a checkbox, while other times, you have to edit GLOBAL things to get the desired effects.  other times, you edit permissions on a user to user basis, and that is just a change to groups, or based on a specific user's or Group permissions, which He can change.

When you are working on your websites, a HECK of a LOT of work goes into it. Each time you make changes, you have to download, install, change and modify things, like themes and such.  You also have to know what you are doing, and read Documentation:  Sometimes, that will tell you what changed, or how to install the software, or what permissions to set.  90% of the time on BBUS, I am at shell level in a window, and may have to change config files, or add files, or change permissions.  I have my shell in one window, while i have the site in the other, logged into the system as an admin. 

FYI:  I have LOST my websites, and had to restore them in their directories when I make a stupid mistake.  I learned that you HAVE to back stuff up when working, so that you can get your sites back up in minutes, rather than hours. and those Dang DATABASES can be a poopshow to deal with. most times, this can be caused by an incompatible plugin that fouls up things. 

I will be patient, and wait to see what Mikey does :)  He and his team work HARD to keep the place running, keep the place safe, and make sure that we (his users) have a place to "play."  Each time you upgrade forum software, changes can occur, and security concerns may and often do require updates. 

Thank You all for all you do, MIkey!!  it IS appreciated *HUG*. Hopefully, you are able to get some sleep **gives you a warm blanket**

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Posted before I could finish the posting: Editing

I understand.    I run a large forum myself but I switched to XenForo several years ago.   Invision isn't my favorite of these software packages although they have gotten better over the years.  This is one of three forums I visit regularly that uses the software.    I've been hacking on phpBB and vBulletin for years and recently XenForo.

Anyhow, if DD needs help, I'm more than happy to lend a hand.   If not, I'll take things as they come.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, willnotwill said:

Anyhow, if DD needs help, I'm more than happy to lend a hand.   If not, I'll take things as they come.

@willnotwill

I also would be willing to assist if @DailyDi needs help.  It is the least I can do, because this place is awesome :)

We will play it by ear ;)

Brian

• Like 1