LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Mega Max Diapers

22 hours ago, Whatsthatsmell said:

I do not like the mega max at all.  The sizing runs really big and the fit wasn’t right for me. Not to mention the plastic backing doesn’t really crinkle at all.   I’ll stick to my m4s 

You are correct about the sizing; Mega max diapers are the only diapers I wear in size Small (I have a 33-34" waist). They fit perfectly. You are also correct about the silence or close to inaudible crinkle; but I find the Abena M4 diapers to be even more silent.

I only discovered the Northshore Megamax this year, when a local home healthcare store started stocking them, and I have to say that so far, I am impressed. They're a great product, offering class-leading capacity without being too bulky for daytime wear. I like their sizing as well - the medium size is a bit more generously cut than most products, so whereas in Rearz or Bambino, for example, I have to wear a large, in the Megamax, I can wear a medium. I have worn Megamax's while doing landscaping projects and other high-exertion, high-activity undertakings, and I can confidently state that they are not a diaper only designed for lying around in. And now they can be had in colours, as well. If I had to choose one thing to criticize about them, it would be the tapes, which may be too strong - I have had to repair a diaper on a couple of occasions when one of the tapes ripped the cover a bit. The solution for that problem is a simple one, though - just don't open the diaper after you put it on, which is easy, since they're decadently comfortable and offer hours of cruising range. They've become one of my main go-to diapers for daily wear. 

Well, I got back from the trip that started this post.  I did wear one Mega Max diaper and that did answer a few of my questions.  I was not all that impressed and it lasted me maybe 8 hours but was failing around the 6 hour mark.  Not all about the absorbency but it's also about the fit and comfort and how well it holds up overall, meaning the inner lining and padding.  My inner lining came apart after 6 hours and I started loosing some padding.  It's in the vacation blog I just posted.  

Maybe it was because you were not at work and sitting.  I was out all morning and into the afternoon and doing a lot of walking up and down trails and stairs.  That could have put more stress on the diaper, but that's all part of it.  What good is a 12 hour absorbent diaper if it can't handle the rest of the daily routine of hiking, climbing stairs and just being very active?  That's a big part of the overall diaper as well, not just how much it absorbs.

Booster is a must and helps keep the diaper stay together for whatever reason.

My daily diaper is Tena, and some times when I have forgot to put in a booster, the back of the diaper has ripped and/or it has fallen apart.
This has never happened with a booster in the diaper.
I'm guessing the diaper moves less side to side and is more flat and not crumpled. 

@rusty pins I am currently in a Mega Max Diaper I believe i put it on around 1pm Thursday afternoon.  It was fine the whole day but as I sit here  now typing this.  The padding under the butt is bunched up and does not feel that well.  Plus Most of the evening I have had to fix it as it was giving me a wedgy!  

I still though like this diaper though not sure about the back part of the padding!

One thing as i type this comment I think about is that I did not fluff my diaper before hand usually when I do I do not have the padding issue.  I will try it tomorrow.

PS forgot to mention I have not used this diaper as of yet.  Soon it will get wet.

3 hours ago, diaperedboilerman said:

yeah. Boosters make the diaper much more obvious to you and people looking at your pants, but they do help a lot for holding it together and capacity.

Not really, not until they get wet at least. 

I mostly use short boosters, that only covers the crotch and front, so its not any thicker in the rear.

• Like 1

I'm not talking as much about the padding bunching up but of the inner lining coming unattached to the diaper, letting the padding fall out on the floor.  I think most diaper padding will clump, bunch and break down, and I know the inner lining has to be soft enough to be comfortable, but you shouldn't have to put a booster pad in a diaper like Mega Max to insure the inner lining won't come loose inside.  I probably put it through a lot of activity, but the lining came detached before 6 hours.

I have started wearing the mega max… and have found the same issue as @rusty pins 

I use lotion to prevent rashes and have found after a few hours the diaper is not holding up. I guess if I just didn’t move it would be fine. I have tried just powder and have had rashes.   While I like the sizing of this diaper I wish it had the tapes like a confidry, where it’s like 2 tapes in one.  I’m not sure how these companies expect people to use their products for the time frame that is advertised when the diapers falls apart. If I don’t use lotion the diaper seems to stay together longer and I get rashes, or use lotion and roll the dice… it’s BS.  I haven’t seen baby’s diapers do this… this issue needs to be sorted! This diaper fits so well on me.

I find the glue holding together NorthShore products is weaker than other brands, or at least it's more prone to break down with movement and the use of creams. One thing that I find helps with preserving the integrity of the MegaMax is the use of a compression garment or onesie. It helps support the diaper and prevents it from moving/sagging too much. However, even with that support I find the MegaMax less durable then other diapers, unfortunately. That's why I usually prefer Tykables. I'll use their Cammies line or the Camelot when things need to appear more neutral. The Camelot looks like a plain white diaper when rolled up and ready to dispose. 

On 7/30/2021 at 11:45 AM, diaperedboilerman said:

I am curious what powder you use? I make my own powder using corn starch and a little baking soda added and mixed in well. I have never had a rash at all other than the occasional sweat related ones under my stupid fat stomach. And even then, I apply some of my home made powder to it and in a few hours it is gone. But I also do drink  a lot so my urine is not concentrated. I pee like 14 to 18 times in 24 hours. 

I'm a DL that lives in the canton area. I just trying to find people to hang out with. I have 0 support at home so I'm kinda lonely at times

On 8/3/2021 at 5:38 AM, Whatsthatsmell said:

I was wrong about mega max.  I’ve gotten some samples that actually fit.  They are great.  Comfy and didn’t stretch over night.   If only they weren’t so expensive 

Ya but compared to others like them and ouch 

55 minutes ago, diaperedboilerman said:

Well, we are not that far apart. I still get more snow than you in winter. I am jealous! LOL  Yeah, sometimes it is difficult to get people to understand us. 

Ya relating it is to someone that doesn't experience or does not have a open mind is hard. I really feel alone a lot

I've had pretty good luck with the Megamax so far. I am a very active diaper wearer - over the past couple of months, I've installed flooring, done landscaping, built a fence, put a roof on a shed - lots of activities involving stooping over or climbing ladders or carrying stuff, working out in the heat, and so far I haven't had a Megamax come apart on me. It might shed a little fluff after hours of walking or climbing, but in my experience they hold up very well. It might be that their shape really suits my build - I wear a medium Megamax, whereas for almost everything else, I wear a large. 

I've also found certain of the Rearz diapers to be good for energetic wearing. I've gone on 15 km hikes or stained a deck while wearing a Lil' Monster or Splash, and they've held up well to the activity. 

However, if I'm, say, putting in landscaping stones on a blazing hot day, I don't expect to get 12 hours out of a diaper - if it lasts 6 or 8 hours, I'm happy. I don't want to let it swell up to the point that I look like I have a dead raccoon stuffed into my shorts - that would become noticeable. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

I've had pretty good luck with the Megamax so far. I am a very active diaper wearer - over the past couple of months,

If I did just a tenth of what you do, I'd die from diaper heat stroke. They get horribly hot, soak up a lot of sweat and fall apart (Dry 24/7 anyway).