LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing around family, going 24/7, losing control

[posting in here as well for extra opinions, advice and help]

I'm a DL and have been playing with the thought of going 24/7 with the aim of losing control for a while.

I live with parents so I can't just get up and do it. People have said to wait until I move out, and I understand that view but I don't have any other reason to move out right now. It's cheaper to live at home.

My main worry is what to say or how to do it - i'd rather be able to wear whenever i wanted and not have to try to keep it a secret or feel like i might be "caught". Another concern is my brother, he's 12 and we are pretty close, i wouldn't want to make him think i'm weird etc

- i don't have the best control, granted i've not had a full on accident in a while (last time i remember was about 4-5 months ago or something like that. i must have had too much to drink at work and i was the only one there serving customers, people kept coming and i soaked a great majority of my underwear (not diapers) and leggings. had to text my mum and get her to bring me a change of clothes.
-- another instance of this was about 3-4 weeks ago, i was coming home from somewhere and walked home. i needed the toilet and slowly dribbed until i got home, not a full on accident but wasn't ideal. got in and threw my clothes in the washer

- i'm trans (mtf) so wearing diapers kind of means i don't have to tuck if that makes sense? i even recall my dad joking about wearing diapers to have an even bulge (not sure if he'd remember if i brought that up) - not sure if he/they knew about my thing for diapers back then. would make sense for him to just say that if they did

- i do get some sexual gratification from it but i'd assume once i started wearing more often that'd likely become less and less

- and not sure if it's relevant but i wet the bed when i was like 8-11 or so

one time i was reading about DL stuff and she conveniently came into the room as i scrolled and a pic of someone in diapers appeared yay so i swiped up as fast as i could to go to the home screen (nothing got mentioned, but if she didn't notice it was extremely close)

So yea, what do you think? i'd rather just be able to wear and not worry about trying to hide it or being "caught".

If i wear lots and do lose control quickly (spiral i guess) then i'll have to take it from there. apparently i may be prone to spiralling due to bed wetting near my teen years, accidents as an adult and that the thought of going 24/7 and losing control is like, eh whatever. it's kinda what i'm going for.

But as i've not worn in a while i don't want to be sort of "expected" to wear all the time, depending on how i word it, that may be the case. oh mum, i've had accidents while i'm out so i've bought protection. then from that point forward, whenever i go out, she'd expect me to be wearing. same for wearing at night for accident prevention.

I'd rather be able to ease my way into it, I obviously have some issues and could benefit from wearing imo

Thank you everyone ❤️ 

• Like 1

Depending on the type of diaper u use cloth backing or plastic backing unless you start out with pull up. My next door neighbors daughter she has got in to wearing pull ups. i know she wears under dresses. I did give her a pack of plastic backed briefs that did not fit me.  With her being under age i don't ask a lot of questions. But i also don't know how much her parents care or know.

Several things to consider.  If you have weak control, you may have an actual need for diapers or some kind of protection.  Several things I suggest.

1.  Have a doctor or urologist check to make sure there is no underlying medical condition that could be serious.

2.  Make sure at age 20 that going 24/7 and losing control is actually what you want for the rest of your life.  If you live to be 80+, that means you will spend the next 60 years in diapers 24/7/365.  Think it through carefully.  There will be the cost of diapers, 3 or 4 changes a day.  You have to budget for that.  Make sure you can afford it, and think about what happens if you lose your job and don't have the money to buy diapers, especially when first starting out in life.  Budgeting a lot of money for diapers can make it harder to eventually save up to buy a home or car of your own, pay utilities and even save for a vacation trip or afford hobbies.  What you might normally put aside for your entertainment, movies, concerts, clothing, hobbies or trips will be taken up with the monthly expenses of your diapers.  People can pay $2,000 a year or more on diapers and that amount can pay for a really nice trip or a used car.  Think of your future and what pros and cons there could be with wearing diapers.  Jobs, playing sports, relationships, running for public office.  Some people really embrace 24/7 and never looked back.  Others have said that the fun wears off after a while and it just becomes a routine chore.  One other thing.  Nothing need stop you from wearing diapers 24/7 by choice.  You don't have to actually lose your control just to be able to wear diapers if you want.  Once gone, it's near impossible to get your control back if later you change your mind.  It's nice to keep options open if a need arises.

3.  Only you will know your parents and friend well enough to figure out how they may react.  If you say it's for medical reasons, be prepared for them to make you go to doctors to get checked out.  Typically even doctors will try all kinds of tests and treatments rather than you just wearing diapers.  They are there to cure and will try a host of things to fix your bladder issues.  If you say, "No, I'd rather just wear diapers" it will raise a red flag with them.  Never try to fool a doctor either.  They won't buy it.

4.  People here will tell you that you are over 18 and an adult and you can just do what you want, no explanations needed.  That is true, but there are consequences you have to think about.  Again, only you know your parents and family, but keep this in mind.  How will they react if you tell them or they find out you are wearing diapers because you want to and enjoy it, even though you might not have the best control?  Will they be open and OK with it?  They might very well be, especially if they are open about you being Trans.  You can do as you please as an adult, however if, as you said, "I live with parents so I can't just get up and do it. People have said to wait until I move out, and I understand that view but I don't have any other reason to move out right now. It's cheaper to live at home", be aware that it is still their home you are living in, they set the rules and at your age they are under no obligation to continue having you living in their home.  They could well make you move out if your wearing diapers is the last straw, or say, "If you can afford to buy diapers, you can afford to pay rent".  It's their house and their rules.

These are just some things you should consider overall as you make your decisions.  I'm not trying to discourage you from doing what you want, I'm just saying at age 20 you have your whole life ahead of you.  Hormones are raging right now, what will they be like in another 10 to 30 years as to how you might still feel about wearing diapers 24/7/365?  Just think it through and make sure it's really what you want going forwards for the next 60+ years of your life.

9 hours ago, technomonkey said:

Depending on the type of diaper u use cloth backing or plastic backing unless you start out with pull up. My next door neighbors daughter she has got in to wearing pull ups. i know she wears under dresses. I did give her a pack of plastic backed briefs that did not fit me.  With her being under age i don't ask a lot of questions. But i also don't know how much her parents care or know.

i’d be using plastic backed medical diapers as well as a few AB ones here and there as they’re cute - planning on using a drylife slip xplus (meant to be the same as the plastic backed abenas) with 1 or 2 boosters

my aim is to use them as intended (maybe not messing right away) until they’re full so i don’t need as many changes

to me pull-ups seem useless in terms of functionality and absorbency, but they are cute 

maybe if i did lose more control than what i’ve got now and needed them when i got out of the shower etc or a quick trip to a shop then i could maybe wear one

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Several things to consider.  If you have weak control, you may have an actual need for diapers or some kind of protection.  Several things I suggest.

1.  Have a doctor or urologist check to make sure there is no underlying medical condition that could be serious.

2.  Make sure at age 20 that going 24/7 and losing control is actually what you want for the rest of your life.  If you live to be 80+, that means you will spend the next 60 years in diapers 24/7/365.  Think it through carefully.  There will be the cost of diapers, 3 or 4 changes a day.  You have to budget for that.  Make sure you can afford it, and think about what happens if you lose your job and don't have the money to buy diapers, especially when first starting out in life.  Budgeting a lot of money for diapers can make it harder to eventually save up to buy a home or car of your own, pay utilities and even save for a vacation trip or afford hobbies.  What you might normally put aside for your entertainment, movies, concerts, clothing, hobbies or trips will be taken up with the monthly expenses of your diapers.  People can pay $2,000 a year or more on diapers and that amount can pay for a really nice trip or a used car.  Think of your future and what pros and cons there could be with wearing diapers.  Jobs, playing sports, relationships, running for public office.  Some people really embrace 24/7 and never looked back.  Others have said that the fun wears off after a while and it just becomes a routine chore.  One other thing.  Nothing need stop you from wearing diapers 24/7 by choice.  You don't have to actually lose your control just to be able to wear diapers if you want.  Once gone, it's near impossible to get your control back if later you change your mind.  It's nice to keep options open if a need arises.

3.  Only you will know your parents and friend well enough to figure out how they may react.  If you say it's for medical reasons, be prepared for them to make you go to doctors to get checked out.  Typically even doctors will try all kinds of tests and treatments rather than you just wearing diapers.  They are there to cure and will try a host of things to fix your bladder issues.  If you say, "No, I'd rather just wear diapers" it will raise a red flag with them.  Never try to fool a doctor either.  They won't buy it.

4.  People here will tell you that you are over 18 and an adult and you can just do what you want, no explanations needed.  That is true, but there are consequences you have to think about.  Again, only you know your parents and family, but keep this in mind.  How will they react if you tell them or they find out you are wearing diapers because you want to and enjoy it, even though you might not have the best control?  Will they be open and OK with it?  They might very well be, especially if they are open about you being Trans.  You can do as you please as an adult, however if, as you said, "I live with parents so I can't just get up and do it. People have said to wait until I move out, and I understand that view but I don't have any other reason to move out right now. It's cheaper to live at home", be aware that it is still their home you are living in, they set the rules and at your age they are under no obligation to continue having you living in their home.  They could well make you move out if your wearing diapers is the last straw, or say, "If you can afford to buy diapers, you can afford to pay rent".  It's their house and their rules.

These are just some things you should consider overall as you make your decisions.  I'm not trying to discourage you from doing what you want, I'm just saying at age 20 you have your whole life ahead of you.  Hormones are raging right now, what will they be like in another 10 to 30 years as to how you might still feel about wearing diapers 24/7/365?  Just think it through and make sure it's really what you want going forwards for the next 60+ years of your life.

what sort of checks would a doctor / urologist need to do? i mean sure they’ve seen a lot and stuff but i don’t think i’d be comfortable just yet like, letting them see my body (trans) 

yea i know, it’s definitely something to consider for sure. i mean as for living until 80+, i may end up being incontinent then anyway, and again maybe i’d be fine (well with my current issues maybe not so much) 

cost is something i’ve not thought about much long term, but at the moment i’ve got quite a bit saved up (well, idk i think so in terms of age and a bit of research for others in the uk my age) 

anyways yea i heard of one person (serah on tumblr) saying that she uses (or used) 1 abu simple with 2 boosters inside and that’d last her pretty much all day 

i’d rather get diapers with good absorbency and use them thoroughly (not sure about messing just yet) to get the most out of them before changing 

in a world that’s mostly always evolving i would hope by the time i’m looking for a serious career job that the HR team would be open and accepting to people who wear diapers / need diapers (IC) - as long as the job gets done, then yea 

obviously some will have sticks up their butts 

for now i’m working on starting my own small business, it’s a slow process and i’m not making much, if any money but it’s something i’m working towards and i’m more happier now than i was when i had a “real” job haha 

see i wish i could have superhuman capabilities and foresee the future to know if this would become less fun / a chore. 

i’ve never been one for going out and partying, not had much of a social life and only 1 proper relationship, and that was long distance. it will be harder to find someone who is accepting of someone who’s potentially IC in the future but meh idk

i could definitely wear as and when needed / i wanted but with my current issues and stuff i have a feeling with a lot of wearing i will slowly lose more and more control, if not just spiral and lose pretty much all of it 

yep i check out kali-is-an-abdl‘s posts tumblr every day or so to see if there’s any new ones and he’s said that retraining is pretty much not something to consider, especially for those who spiral 

i have a slight feeling my parents know about me and diapers already, along with my accidents and stuff i don’t think it’d be much of a shocker. however as you said, if i can pay for diapers they may just say i can pay for my own place too (which idk that would make me feel a bit shitty) 

yea i guess it could be partly to do with hormones and god knows what will happen when i start HRT (hormone replacement therapy) 

one thing i am considering for the long term is that if i do become IC or lose more control than what i’ve got now, will i still be able to get “the” surgery, like if i dribble a lot then idk. sure i could just not drink for a day or so, but even then the question remains the same 

idk if that would complicate things 

thank you for your view on it! (i’m also 21 haha, not much difference but yea). how did you get into this space, are you out etc? 

1 hour ago, SeaDeeper said:

Trying to save money is a great goal, but trying to wear 24/7 is extremely expensive.

how often do you wear, and what would you estimate the cost of going 24/7 to be?

35 minutes ago, megaaaan said:

how often do you wear, and what would you estimate the cost of going 24/7 to be?

I've tried wearing 24/7, and used a tracker app to find out usage. I consistently went through 3 Northshore supremes per day, including wearing overnight. That was in the wintertime though, so I could see it being 3.5/day in the summer.

To find the cost, just multiply those 3 to 3.5 by 365 by current-price-of-ns-supremes.

26 minutes ago, SeaDeeper said:

I've tried wearing 24/7, and used a tracker app to find out usage. I consistently went through 3 Northshore supremes per day, including wearing overnight. That was in the wintertime though, so I could see it being 3.5/day in the summer.

To find the cost, just multiply those 3 to 3.5 by 365 by current-price-of-ns-supremes.

so i just had a look and supremes are $87 per case (60) so that's $1.50~ per diaper. they hold around 3200ml (so i heard) 

i read somewhere that someone uses one abu simple (~5000ml) and two boosters for a full day, a case of 80 (including delivery) is £112, £1.5~ per diaper ($2 usd) 

80 boosters would work out to be about £0.84, ($1.21 usd) 

so it seems it'd be slightly more cost effective to buy higher capacity diapers and use a few boosters. 

for funsies i just checked northshore mega max's (~6500ml) lol. would be about £1.8 ($2.57) 

"oh no, if it isnt the consequences of my own actions"

i strongly suggest an extended 2+ week trial before taking a plunge like that. 

and the outcome may not be desireable for you in the long run. 

if youre financially independant, than go right ahead, do what you like. but if you still need mom and pop for food and roof id pass and wait a bit.

living with family, its not an "if" they find out, but "when" and that when could very well be the first day, do you have an explanation lined up for that? are you prepared to go to a family members pool party and give a vague explanation why you cant go in?

not trying to discourage you from doing what you want, but be extra sure you can plan long term with it in mind.

• Like 4

Something to keep in mind:  There's more to the "math" of high capacity diapers.  Sure, they hold more... sometimes a LOT more.  But, when I try to go for too long, it starts to stink BADLY!  In addition, it's sometimes very hard to utilize them to near full capacity.  Plenty of discussions on hear about that.  Then there's the issue of disposal - and the typical plastic grocery bag won't do anything to block odors.  As I live by myself and only wear at home, it's not an issue.  But - others will notice.  Trust me (and others) when we say this. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KyleABDL said:

"oh no, if it isnt the consequences of my own actions"

i strongly suggest an extended 2+ week trial before taking a plunge like that. 

and the outcome may not be desireable for you in the long run. 

if youre financially independant, than go right ahead, do what you like. but if you still need mom and pop for food and roof id pass and wait a bit.

living with family, its not an "if" they find out, but "when" and that when could very well be the first day, do you have an explanation lined up for that? are you prepared to go to a family members pool party and give a vague explanation why you cant go in?

not trying to discourage you from doing what you want, but be extra sure you can plan long term with it in mind.

yea i'd like to do a trial run or just wear as and when needed, i don't have the best control as is so wearing would benefit, mainly when i'm out and not sure if i'll be near any toilets etc

i do buy all my own things, but i also still live with my parents. it's cheaper to live at home than it is to move out

i'm still pondering explanations but as i've mentioned before in other posts, and if you don't already know, there's been 2 occasions where i've had full on accidents while at work because i just couldn't keep on holding it. customers kept coming in and it just happened. had to text my mum to fetch a change of clothes both times.

3-4 weeks ago as i was on my way home from somewhere i dribbled a bit and couldn't fully hold it. it wasn't as worse as the previous 2 incidents but i soaked a bit of my underwear. got home and threw the clothes straight in the washer. basically, i'm sure my parents already have some understand of my "issues" and wearing would just protect myself from any of those situations from happening again

depending on what i say will give different expectations so i'm gonna have to be careful, if i say i'm getting protection for when i'm away from home, i'll likely be expected to wear whenever i'm not at home etc.

and as for beach days and pools etc, i've honestly never been one for that. even when i took my brother on holiday last year, in 25 degree sunny weather (celsius) i was in a hoodie and joggers

i'm just not comfortable in my own body, and along with that wearing diapers would help with not having to tuck all the time

18 minutes ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Something to keep in mind:  There's more to the "math" of high capacity diapers.  Sure, they hold more... sometimes a LOT more.  But, when I try to go for too long, it starts to stink BADLY!  In addition, it's sometimes very hard to utilize them to near full capacity.  Plenty of discussions on hear about that.

Disposal is another matter - and the typical plastic grocery bag won't do anything to block odors.  As I live by myself and only wear at home, it's not an issue.  But - others will notice.  Trust me (and others) when we say this. 

yea i can imagine that - drinking lots would hopefully dilute the pee a bit, and wearing plastic pants would hopefully help any odours that escape

i heard of BOS bags, those seem pretty good. how do you dispose of diapers and how often do you wear?

1 hour ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Something to keep in mind:  There's more to the "math" of high capacity diapers.  Sure, they hold more... sometimes a LOT more.  But, when I try to go for too long, it starts to stink BADLY!  In addition, it's sometimes very hard to utilize them to near full capacity.  Plenty of discussions on hear about that.  Then there's the issue of disposal - and the typical plastic grocery bag won't do anything to block odors.  As I live by myself and only wear at home, it's not an issue.  But - others will notice.  Trust me (and others) when we say this. 

Yeah. The more they hold, the more they stink.

Disposal of a stinky diaper is tough. I just threw them in the kitchen trash, but it stinks up the whole house (or at least I think it does). It gets pretty nasty. I found baby diaper disposable bags on Amazon and bought a box of them. There is just enough room in them to tie the handles shut. They're supposed to be baby poweder scented, but I'm hard pressed to say they have any oder at all. Despite that, it will hold a heavy, pee soaked Confidry 24/7 diaper and keep it from stinking to high heaven. There's 250 in the box, so they'll last a while.

50 minutes ago, ppdude said:

Yeah. The more they hold, the more they stink.

Disposal of a stinky diaper is tough. I just threw them in the kitchen trash, but it stinks up the whole house (or at least I think it does). It gets pretty nasty. I found baby diaper disposable bags on Amazon and bought a box of them. There is just enough room in them to tie the handles shut. They're supposed to be baby poweder scented, but I'm hard pressed to say they have any oder at all. Despite that, it will hold a heavy, pee soaked Confidry 24/7 diaper and keep it from stinking to high heaven. There's 250 in the box, so they'll last a while.

ah it sounds like they do their job! 

16 minutes ago, megaaaan said:

yea i can imagine that - drinking lots would hopefully dilute the pee a bit, and wearing plastic pants would hopefully help any odours that escape

i heard of BOS bags, those seem pretty good. how do you dispose of diapers and how often do you wear?

Drinking a lot of water can help, but doesn't eliminate it entirely. 

As far as disposal, I buy OdorNo bags through Amazon 5 or 10 boxes at a time (much better pricing that way).  Not sure if they're available in Europe.  I've used BOS bags and they do work ok.  The Odorno bags are a bit larger (big help when you got a well-used XL sized Rearz diaper to get rid of!) and they also come with wire twist ties so I'm not having to tie the bag into a knot. 

8 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Drinking a lot of water can help, but doesn't eliminate it entirely. 

As far as disposal, I buy OdorNo bags through Amazon 5 or 10 boxes at a time (much better pricing that way).  Not sure if they're available in Europe.  I've used BOS bags and they do work ok.  The Odorno bags are a bit larger (big help when you got a well-used XL sized Rearz diaper to get rid of!) and they also come with wire twist ties so I'm not having to tie the bag into a knot. 

ooh the zip tie feature sounds pretty handy! 

On 5/30/2021 at 7:06 PM, megaaaan said:

[posting in here as well for extra opinions, advice and help]

I'm a DL and have been playing with the thought of going 24/7 with the aim of losing control for a while.

I live with parents so I can't just get up and do it. People have said to wait until I move out, and I understand that view but I don't have any other reason to move out right now. It's cheaper to live at home.

My main worry is what to say or how to do it - i'd rather be able to wear whenever i wanted and not have to try to keep it a secret or feel like i might be "caught". Another concern is my brother, he's 12 and we are pretty close, i wouldn't want to make him think i'm weird etc

- i don't have the best control, granted i've not had a full on accident in a while (last time i remember was about 4-5 months ago or something like that. i must have had too much to drink at work and i was the only one there serving customers, people kept coming and i soaked a great majority of my underwear (not diapers) and leggings. had to text my mum and get her to bring me a change of clothes.
-- another instance of this was about 3-4 weeks ago, i was coming home from somewhere and walked home. i needed the toilet and slowly dribbed until i got home, not a full on accident but wasn't ideal. got in and threw my clothes in the washer

- i'm trans (mtf) so wearing diapers kind of means i don't have to tuck if that makes sense? i even recall my dad joking about wearing diapers to have an even bulge (not sure if he'd remember if i brought that up) - not sure if he/they knew about my thing for diapers back then. would make sense for him to just say that if they did

- i do get some sexual gratification from it but i'd assume once i started wearing more often that'd likely become less and less

- and not sure if it's relevant but i wet the bed when i was like 8-11 or so

one time i was reading about DL stuff and she conveniently came into the room as i scrolled and a pic of someone in diapers appeared yay so i swiped up as fast as i could to go to the home screen (nothing got mentioned, but if she didn't notice it was extremely close)

So yea, what do you think? i'd rather just be able to wear and not worry about trying to hide it or being "caught".

If i wear lots and do lose control quickly (spiral i guess) then i'll have to take it from there. apparently i may be prone to spiralling due to bed wetting near my teen years, accidents as an adult and that the thought of going 24/7 and losing control is like, eh whatever. it's kinda what i'm going for.

But as i've not worn in a while i don't want to be sort of "expected" to wear all the time, depending on how i word it, that may be the case. oh mum, i've had accidents while i'm out so i've bought protection. then from that point forward, whenever i go out, she'd expect me to be wearing. same for wearing at night for accident prevention.

I'd rather be able to ease my way into it, I obviously have some issues and could benefit from wearing imo

Thank you everyone ❤️ 

I would just wear all the time.... you can always have a heart to heart with your family and brother later and if you only wear for occasional purposes then thats fine too to start but eventually someone will find out 

• Like 3

Lets say you use 3 diapers a day.  A case of 60 Northshore Supreme diapers cost $87.  Figure in some postage and let's round it to an even $100.  3 diapers a day would average out to using a case of 60 diapers every 3 weeks.  Over a years time that equals about $1,700.  Not a lot if spread out over a year, but pretty significant.  Over the next 60 years that would amount to $102,000 and only if the cost remains what it is now, which is highly unlikely.  Also figure out what goes along with it.  Wipes, creams, diaper rash ointment and that adds to the expense.  I like wearing diapers, but I can find things I'd rather use the bulk of that money for.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Lets say you use 3 diapers a day.  A case of 60 Northshore Supreme diapers cost $87.  Figure in some postage and let's round it to an even $100.  3 diapers a day would average out to using a case of 60 diapers every 3 weeks.  Over a years time that equals about $1,700.  Not a lot if spread out over a year, but pretty significant.  Over the next 60 years that would amount to $102,000 and only if the cost remains what it is now, which is highly unlikely.  Also figure out what goes along with it.  Wipes, creams, diaper rash ointment and that adds to the expense.  I like wearing diapers, but I can find things I'd rather use the bulk of that money for.

yea it for sure adds up, i feel like wearing when needed (away from home) would be good and not extremely costly, but i reckon the more i wear the more it’d transition into a 24/7 type of thing 

and the $102,000 is quite a big figure haha, didn’t look at it that far in front. i suppose it would be nice to have the majority of that available to invest 

depending on the amount i wear is just have to alter my spending (i don’t spend tons now anyway - don’t drink, smoke, party etc) 

4 hours ago, megaaaan said:

and the $102,000 is quite a big figure haha, didn’t look at it that far in front. i suppose it would be nice to have the majority of that available to invest 

depending on the amount i wear is just have to alter my spending (i don’t spend tons now anyway - don’t drink, smoke, party etc) 

At my age, I've spent more than a few dollars on trivial things or indulgences, usually spending much more than $6 to $8 a day over the years. Between take-away coffee, alcohol and cigarettes previously, each cost about the same or more than nappies in Australia. (Eg $4/cup coffee x 2, 1-2 glasses wine/night, $25/2-daily for cigarettes).

So yes, nappies are expensive, but not currently obscenely compared to other indulgences. In my case, nappies also managed and resolved stress and anxiety, so much that I stopped drinking entirely. And I've also cut back on coffee since it makes my nappies smell more. Now I'm spending less with nappies than a year ago on alcohol and coffee. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

At my age, I've spent more than a few dollars on trivial things or indulgences, usually spending much more than $6 to $8 a day over the years. Between take-away coffee, alcohol and cigarettes previously, each cost about the same or more than nappies in Australia. (Eg $4/cup coffee x 2, 1-2 glasses wine/night, $25/2-daily for cigarettes).

So yes, nappies are expensive, but not currently obscenely compared to other indulgences. In my case, nappies also managed and resolved stress and anxiety, so much that I stopped drinking entirely. And I've also cut back on coffee since it makes my nappies smell more. Now I'm spending less with nappies than a year ago on alcohol and coffee. 

yea i definitely get the comfort aspect of them, i'm happy you've been able to get away from alcohol!! :D 

so would you say the rough cost of diapers (supposing it's like $4-5 per day, including wipes, cream etc) is the same as other things people spend money on?

i used to work at a gas station and a guy used to come in every single day and buy at least 2 instant coffee's from the coffee machine (about $5 a day on coffee, and sometimes he got more than 2 throughout the day lol) 

i look at the cost like this.... im not drinking or smoking, or eating out 3x a week. 

so many other more expensive hobbies exist like boating, woodworking, arts+crafts, video games.... so its not terribly expensive in the long run. but not 0 either.

• Like 2

And if you're like me and like video games and diapers it can be quiet a bit of,???? but I think it's worth it.??? Plus I always look for stuff on sell, that includes movies, comics, video games and of course diapies. And I never buy things at full price usually, except for my diapies sometimes. So I'm always stocked up on baby stuff!?????????❤️??

• Like 1
On 6/1/2021 at 9:09 PM, megaaaan said:

yea it for sure adds up, i feel like wearing when needed (away from home) would be good and not extremely costly, but i reckon the more i wear the more it’d transition into a 24/7 type of thing 

Yes, that was part of what I was getting at in my first reply.  If you plan on wearing 24/7/365 for the next 60+ years, you should sit down, spend a lot of time thinking your future out as far as everything concerning being diapered 24/7 until the end of your life.  Cost is just one big factor, especially being able to maintain the ability every week for the rest of your life being always able to afford your diapers.

On 6/1/2021 at 3:22 PM, rusty pins said:

That $102K figure is a little misleading.    That's 270 diapers in a 90-day period, or 1100 per year.   T might have gone through 600 diapers this year (maybe more), and that's more than any other year in my life.   It helps that I don't poop in them, but that's a lot.    I'm certainly not going to be able to do that for sixty years, because I probably used less than a 1000 diapers between 20 and 40.   \

I view it the same as my medicine, which is probably another $1k per year, but obviously not an expense that I have the option to bypass.    It might be a hobby expense for some, but $2k a year is not an expensive hobby.   My best friend probably spends far more for his marijuana, which he uses for the same reason that I use diapers.

For me, diapers are a non-negotiable item.   As I've used and accepted the use more and more, it's becoming almost a physical need.    I might be able to stay dry, but I would have to be constantly aware of my bladder.    While the physical need is not an impossible hurdle, the mental health need is just as important   It is cost that I not only choose to bear, but it is a necessity.

• Like 1