LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 tips for 2 weeks

Hi all this is one of my first post so go not to hard on me.

I have been an abdl for many years and have worn off and on but now the next 2 weeks I have a very rare opportunity for myself.

I am going away and having a whole house 2 myself. I am going to go 24/7 wearing in that period.

I am not looking suggestions in what I want to do with them or what use I may have for them.

i just want tips or things to look out for over the 2 week period.

thanks 

Hi @Davoabdl and welcome to the fabled lands of "24/7"!  I've been 24/7 for a bit over 2 years now.

Thinking back to "2 weeks", for me learning not to leak!  That was probably the biggest thing.  I was coming to grips with different brands of adult nappies, which ones would be reliable, which ones not so reliable.  Unless you've got a whole lot more prior experience than me, learning not to leak (and recognising that in the early weeks, leaks are going to happen) would be a thing.  If I could send a message back to myself it would be "expect leaks, have a plan".

One of the things I learned really early on was that (for me at least), virtually NO adult disposable nappy was that reliable in bed at night.  I quickly learned that an insurance policy was needed for dry bedding.  I used a terry-lined waterproof pant over a BetterDry in bed at night.  About 10% of the time, there will be some minor dampness somewhere on the terry lining which otherwise, would have made it out to pyjamas and/or bedding which sucks.  At a minimum, plastic pants will help.

The other "2 week" thing was learning that if you've made even half an effort at being discreet, nobody is going to notice you're in a nappy.

The "other, other" thing is that there is a bit of a "pain barrier" to push through.  You may well find that after a couple of days, you can't be bothered.  It's quite ok if you decide to bail (and arguably, even the sensible thing to do) but just be sure you don't start regretting it later.  If you are aware that this barrier is here, it might be easier to cross.  It fades.  These days I'd be far more bothered by NOT being in a nappy than being in one.

Oh, and compression pants help a lot to for keeping your nappy where it needs to be if you are physically active.  So many nappies are designed for people who probably don't get out much...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Be sure to clean everything up when you are done.

Actually, this is really a very good point and one I should have made.  I don't know what your circumstances are but if you suddenly find yourself with a house to your self and you want to wear nappies 24/7 but keep it under the radar from returning inhabitants, you might need to watch this.

My experience was that when you are permanently in nappies, you get a bit indifferent to nappies and nappy-related infrastructure laying around and start to "forget" things.  A pair of plastic pants hanging in the shower after a rinse gets forgotten, nappy rash cream gets left on a vanity, quel horreur, a used nappy that you meant to take out to the rubbish gets left on that same vanity.  It means little to you but it may mean a lot to others.

If you are messing as well as wetting (I'm mainly wet-only), you've got lingering odor issues that you yourself may not be aware of (olfactory habituation, aka "nose blindness").  Also if using disposables, a full-time-nappies adult generates quite a bit of waste by volume.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, oznl said:

The "other, other" thing is that there is a bit of a "pain barrier" to push through.  You may well find that after a couple of days, you can't be bothered. 

That's right.  But you don't have to do it all now, so if you feel you've had enough, just stop.  After all there'll be plenty more opportunities later.  Like many others in here I didn't go from being an occasional wearer to being in nappies full-time in one go - it was a gradual process, doing what I wanted when I wanted to.  By the time I went full-time I'd already clocked up so much time in nappies that it was easy and felt comfortable for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like great fun! I'd love to have just one day on my own!!!

With 2 weeks I would be more worried about how to spend the rest of the day, food, entertainent etc..

What else do you plan for leisure?

• Like 1

@Davoabdl

Four Things:

Being that I am incontinent both ways, I would like to offer my advice as well, because ALL of the advice given is GREAT, and can be used regardless of whether you are using for medical reasons or for "fun."  It should also be noted that, even if you are just "wearing and not using" them for your potty needs, that they should be CHANGED at least every 6-8 hours, as the diaper is going to eventually sag and show signs of use, even if you do not do business in it.  Diapers lose the ability to effectively HOLD together after a while, so changing them is necessary.  If you are USING them, change them when you feel uncomfortable, or when the diaper is compromised.  DON'T wait until the thing falls apart before changing them.    I offer the following 4 things for your consideration.

1.  I would also suggest that you cover anything you sit on, so that you don't leave "wet spots" anywhere, and to do that, you need chair pads, or what is referred to as "chux."  You leave the colored part face down, and the white absorbent part face UP.  That way, hopefully, any leakage from a diaper will be absorbed by the chux pad, and NOT by the chair cushions.  I use these also on my wheelchair, as I wear 24/7, and need to make sure that  I don't leak onto the cushion.  It has an "incontinence cover" to protect it, but there is always a chance that you will leak, so the better you are prepared, the EASIER it will be dealing with any cleanups.  ALWAYS remember that you WILL leak, so you have to make sure you have a QUALITY diaper, and that you have to make sure that the diaper is put ON correctly, because you CAN have pee/poop escape and run out the TOP of the diaper, if you are sitting in a chair or on something.  Point your "assets" DOWN when diapering yourself, and make sure your diaper is tight enough so that it does NOT slide around, or it may not protect you as it should.  If you are using these "protective underwear" as a "diaper":  These things are NOT designed to be used by those that are severely incontinent: They are designed for those people who "dribble" or have light to moderate urinary or fecal incontinence:  If you want to "let it rip" and release a full load of pee/poop, a plastic backed, QUALITY diaper is REQUIRED and I am not joking, or you'll be peeing on the floor, or have a messy diaper to deal with. 

RECOMMEDED:  Northshore Megamax diapers:  They are plastic backed, and are DESIGNED for those who are severely incontinent, and they ARE "diapers":  Anything else is NOT recommended:   Being incontinent, you want the BEST diaper, and you also want something that will be able to deal with fecal release, and a plastic backed diaper is better for this, because they have ODOR CONTROL, and as such, my megamaxes can deal with this quite well:  They are a tad expensive, but WORTH it!  Cloth Backed diapers just are not practical, and should be avoided.  My main recommendation assumes that PLASTIC BACKED diapers should be used, and that you should not limit yourself to the Megamax, as there are LOTS of other AB/DL diapers to choose from, including: Rearz, Bambino, and others.  Searching Amazon will give you a look at these.

2.  Wear Plastic Pants/Incontinence briefs OVER the diaper:  This is because your diaper is only ONE part of the ensemble, and wearing these OVER a diaper, if properly fitting, should allow you to release any pee/poop, and keep leaks contained.  NOT wearing these, WILL result in a leak, or an unintended release with a mess or a leak in your pants, which can be a PAIN to deal with.  They always say, the best DEFENSE is a good OFFENSE.

3.  ALWAYS DUMP the Diapers when they are changed.  By this, I mean, do NOT leave them in a used state in your house or apartment so long that they begin to SMELL of URINE or FECES:  This is IMPORTANT: This is because ANYONE who wears diapers/uses diapers because of incontinence can tell you that YOU become used to the SMELL of stale urine or poop in the air, while your visitors may not be used to that.  My brother Mike told me that the best thing to do is NOT to let used diapers or wipes or any trash related to diapers hang around, because someone from the OUTSIDE could detect that you have the smell of stale pee or poop in the room.  I have  TWO RULES:  One is, that if there is a messy diaper, it is taken off, rolled up, disposed of in a trash bag, and removed ASAP:  This will ensure that someone does not have to smell the dirty diapers you use.  The Second Rule is, that when I have a wet diaper, it is removed, rolled up, and placed in a trash bag in my shower bay for disposal at the first sign that i can smell stale urine smell in the bag, or if I go in to the bathroom, and I can smell it, then the bag gets dumped.  This could be after 4-5 changes, as I don't wanna WASTE trash bags for single disposals, but will do that if I have a messy one I have to dispose of.  You also don't want your housemates/roommates/friends to find out you were using diapers during your quest, so try NOT to leave the "evidence" around, because while you can get rid of dirty diapers, and the smells from them, they may linger in the air, so you want to air OUT the house if it gets bad.

4.  CLEANUP/PERSONAL GROOMING:  The MOST IMPORTANT thing you must do, is take care of your body, so that it does NOT suffer from skin breakdowns, or irritation due to prolonged wearing of diapers that contain urine or feces.  When you change, make sure that you use wipes to wipe all areas that the diaper touches, and make sure that you use vasaline and/or Diaper Rash Ointment (Zinc Oxide 40%) to form a protective barrier while you are wearing diapers.  Otherwise, you will have a NOTICEABLE problem, because you will end up with reddened areas that were caused because of the acidic properties of the Urine, or irritation because of the feces.  If you are showering or bathing, make sure you are cleaning yourself WELL, and treat the area with such a barrier, so that you don't have any trouble like this.  The best advice I can give you here, at EACH change, apply the creme, and keep yourself CLEAN down there:  This also means, that you keep the pubic area clear of excessive hair, and you shave/trim it when necessary.  You have to TREAT your skin, so that it does NOT get diaper rash, because I can tell you, that it HURTS if you get that!

Hopefully, I was able to give you some good tips:  Feel free to ask any questions if needed :) @Evelyn Dellcerro Did I miss anything here?

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information
  • Like 1

As Brian said, TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN, especially if you are not used to wearing 24/7 or even several days in a row.  You are throwing something new into the mix that your skin isn't accustom to.  Also as mentioned, make sure you police yourself, meaning be careful not to leave out anything you don't want others to find.  If you are out of town and not around anyone you know, keep this in mind - you don't know them, they don't know you, if they happen to notice you have diapers on, who cares?  After your trip you probably will never run across those people again.  Most of all, enjoy yourself!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Davoabdl

Four Things:

Being that I am incontinent both ways, I would like to offer my advice as well, because ALL of the advice given is GREAT, and can be used regardless of whether you are using for medical reasons or for "fun."  It should also be noted that, even if you are just "wearing and not using" them for your potty needs, that they should be CHANGED at least every 6-8 hours, as the diaper is going to eventually sag and show signs of use, even if you do not do business in it.  Diapers lose the ability to effectively HOLD together after a while, so changing them is necessary.  If you are USING them, change them when you feel uncomfortable, or when the diaper is compromised.  DON'T wait until the thing falls apart before changing them.    I offer the following 4 things for your consideration.

1.  I would also suggest that you cover anything you sit on, so that you don't leave "wet spots" anywhere, and to do that, you need chair pads, or what is referred to as "chux."  You leave the colored part face down, and the white absorbent part face UP.  That way, hopefully, any leakage from a diaper will be absorbed by the chux pad, and NOT by the chair cushions.  I use these also on my wheelchair, as I wear 24/7, and need to make sure that  I don't leak onto the cushion.  It has an "incontinence cover" to protect it, but there is always a chance that you will leak, so the better you are prepared, the EASIER it will be dealing with any cleanups.  ALWAYS remember that you WILL leak, so you have to make sure you have a QUALITY diaper, and that you have to make sure that the diaper is put ON correctly, because you CAN have pee/poop escape and run out the TOP of the diaper, if you are sitting in a chair or on something.  Point your "assets" DOWN when diapering yourself, and make sure your diaper is tight enough so that it does NOT slide around, or it may not protect you as it should.  If you are using these "protective underwear" as a "diaper":  These things are NOT designed to be used by those that are severely incontinent: They are designed for those people who "dribble" or have light to moderate urinary or fecal incontinence:  If you want to "let it rip" and release a full load of pee/poop, a plastic backed, QUALITY diaper is REQUIRED and I am not joking, or you'll be peeing on the floor, or have a messy diaper to deal with. 

RECOMMEDED:  Northshore Megamax diapers:  They are plastic backed, and are DESIGNED for those who are severely incontinent, and they ARE "diapers":  Anything else is NOT recommended:   Being incontinent, you want the BEST diaper, and you also want something that will be able to deal with fecal release, and a plastic backed diaper is better for this, because they have ODOR CONTROL, and as such, my megamaxes can deal with this quite well:  They are a tad expensive, but WORTH it!  Cloth Backed diapers just are not practical, and should be avoided.  My main recommendation assumes that PLASTIC BACKED diapers should be used, and that you should not limit yourself to the Megamax, as there are LOTS of other AB/DL diapers to choose from, including: Rearz, Bambino, and others.  Searching Amazon will give you a look at these.

2.  Wear Plastic Pants/Incontinence briefs OVER the diaper:  This is because your diaper is only ONE part of the ensemble, and wearing these OVER a diaper, if properly fitting, should allow you to release any pee/poop, and keep leaks contained.  NOT wearing these, WILL result in a leak, or an unintended release with a mess or a leak in your pants, which can be a PAIN to deal with.  They always say, the best DEFENSE is a good OFFENSE.

3.  ALWAYS DUMP the Diapers when they are changed.  By this, I mean, do NOT leave them in a used state in your house or apartment so long that they begin to SMELL of URINE or FECES:  This is IMPORTANT: This is because ANYONE who wears diapers/uses diapers because of incontinence can tell you that YOU become used to the SMELL of stale urine or poop in the air, while your visitors may not be used to that.  My brother Mike told me that the best thing to do is NOT to let used diapers or wipes or any trash related to diapers hang around, because someone from the OUTSIDE could detect that you have the smell of stale pee or poop in the room.  I have  TWO RULES:  One is, that if there is a messy diaper, it is taken off, rolled up, disposed of in a trash bag, and removed ASAP:  This will ensure that someone does not have to smell the dirty diapers you use.  The Second Rule is, that when I have a wet diaper, it is removed, rolled up, and placed in a trash bag in my shower bay for disposal at the first sign that i can smell stale urine smell in the bag, or if I go in to the bathroom, and I can smell it, then the bag gets dumped.  This could be after 4-5 changes, as I don't wanna WASTE trash bags for single disposals, but will do that if I have a messy one I have to dispose of.  You also don't want your housemates/roommates/friends to find out you were using diapers during your quest, so try NOT to leave the "evidence" around, because while you can get rid of dirty diapers, and the smells from them, they may linger in the air, so you want to air OUT the house if it gets bad.

4.  CLEANUP/PERSONAL GROOMING:  The MOST IMPORTANT thing you must do, is take care of your body, so that it does NOT suffer from skin breakdowns, or irritation due to prolonged wearing of diapers that contain urine or feces.  When you change, make sure that you use wipes to wipe all areas that the diaper touches, and make sure that you use vasaline and/or Diaper Rash Ointment (Zinc Oxide 40%) to form a protective barrier while you are wearing diapers.  Otherwise, you will have a NOTICEABLE problem, because you will end up with reddened areas that were caused because of the acidic properties of the Urine, or irritation because of the feces.  If you are showering or bathing, make sure you are cleaning yourself WELL, and treat the area with such a barrier, so that you don't have any trouble like this.  The best advice I can give you here, at EACH change, apply the creme, and keep yourself CLEAN down there:  This also means, that you keep the pubic area clear of excessive hair, and you shave/trim it when necessary.  You have to TREAT your skin, so that it does NOT get diaper rash, because I can tell you, that it HURTS if you get that!

Hopefully, I was able to give you some good tips:  Feel free to ask any questions if needed :) @Evelyn Dellcerro Did I miss anything here?

Brian

You didnt miss a thing sweetie.. All we need now is a good diaper party where we can have guest changers. I volunteer a few hours and get them diapers on right and changed. Love you Brian !! Very sentimental weekend for us here. Me and Elle are here in Atlantic city celebrating our first wedding anniversary and her birthday together love all of you and peace be with you all !!!

• Like 3
15 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Davoabdl

Four Things:

Brian

Thank you all and that post very helpful Brian.

• Thanks 1