LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is the best cloth-backed diaper?

Hi hi, I am not a big fan of plastic backed but all the good diapers seem to be plastic backed. I have tried a few varieties of cloth backed (unique wellness, ATN, abena) but have not liked any, they all just felt soggy so fast. I'm comparing to Northshore Megamax for reference (I'm going to try Northshore Air Supremes soon, but i'm dissapointed that they don't come in any colors or anything) to you all out there that are more experienced than me, what is the best clothlike exterior diaper? ABDL or Medical brands.

P.S i'm sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn't find it anywhere 

My preference in diapers is the opposite of yours; I prefer plastic backed diapers. But, to help you some, try Seni diapers for cloth back.  They are a quality diaper.

• Thanks 1

there is no such thing as a good cloth backed disposable.. they all weep when they are wet.. your pants will be damp and they feel wet the second a drop of pee ends up in them. throw them all away and buy a premium plastic backed diaper

On 4/10/2021 at 10:44 AM, Moochie said:

try Seni diapers for cloth back.  They are a quality diaper.

I second that. Seni makes arguably the best breathable diapers there are. But you have to make sure you get the Seni Super Trio, or better still, Seni Super Quatro. Expensive, but worth it. They're more expensive than top absorbency Abenas. In Europe, anyway.

Avoid the Seni Classic and Seni Standard lines, they're cheaper, but much lower grade, thinner outer layer, worse tapes and everything.

Glennie, your post is neither true nor helpful.

I use the Seni Super Plus diaper as my primary daytime diaper and the Seni Quatro diaper as my primary overnight diaper. They are both cloth backed and very good quality diapers.

The Seni diapers are also one of the only brands that has a diaper size between medium and large. It is called regular and that is the size I use because they are the most comfortable size for me.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, DiapersOfTheStorm said:

I second that. Seni makes arguably the best breathable diapers there are. But you have to make sure you get the Seni Super Trio, or better still, Seni Super Quatro. Expensive, but worth it. They're more expensive than top absorbency Abenas. In Europe, anyway.

Avoid the Seni Classic and Seni Standard lines, they're cheaper, but much lower grade, thinner outer layer, worse tapes and everything.

Glennie, your post is neither true nor helpful.

I stand by what I said..  I've tried lots of cloth backed diapers.. in my opinion, everyone I have ever worn didn't work anywhere as good as plastic backed briefs..  am 24/7 dependent on diaper. I wouldn't wear cloth backed diapers I will still say the second a cloth backed diaper has any wetness in it.. they feel wet. 

Every type of the so called "cloth backed" or "cotton-feel" diapers I have ever seen, worn and cut apart (Tena Slip, Tena Flex, Tena Stretch/bariatric,  Seni Super of all four absorbency levels and some seni classic or standard types, Abena L4 air plus, iD Slip Maxi, Molicare Slip, Molicare Elastic, ABU preschool, dailee slip, Attends and Depend super something something, Attends, and probably some others) have a plastic layer over the entirety of the absorbent core, which does not permit any wetness through. 

This layer however does not extended over the core to the wings; wings are made of only the cloth-like outer layer of nonwoven fabric. This is by design to allow breathing. If there's wetness spreading to the wings, the outer fabric layer may work as a wick and cause the outside to feel wet. 

The problem is that on most types of cloth-backed diapers this layer is very thin, almost transparent, and permeable to not only air, but also liquid.

On Seni Super, this layer is a lot thicker and stronger than is typical for other cloth-backed diapers, and it doesn't let liquid through. It's still breathable, although perhaps not as much as the thinner kind of fabric.

The ABU preschool cloth-backed also have a pretty good outer layer.

• Like 1

Breathability isnt really my main concern anyway, I just like the feel. Ordered seni quatro samples from Wearing Clouds, And AUB Preschool cloth backed samples. Ill put my thoughts in here once I try them!

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

theres ABU preschools, playdayz, and northshore air supreme, i find them all to be at least a step up against any of the true medical brands.

i havent had any issues with these leaking out the fronts, just the legs from an over full diaper and sitting on it pushing it out the legs.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

After trying the ABU Alpha GatorZ diaper,  I'd have to say that it is the best cloth backed diaper out there right now. 

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

I think that the new Tykables Animooz may give them a run for their money, on paper they are equivalent or better. I placed my preorder today. Looking forward to delivery and trying them out.

Having tried Tykables other offerings and the AlphaGatorz I can say that the other Tykables have much taller leg guards and a much wider cut. The AlphaGatorz are a much narrower cut and the leg gatherers are dissapointingly short in my opinion.

That being said I still LOVE the print on the AlphaGatorz. Easily the best of any AB diaper on the market currently because of print and exterior feel.

ABU, I think needs to get their act together on the AlphaGators and Little Kings, because they are not without issues. I do like them still, but they are not beyond criticism.

Besides the astronomical price and abysmal availability, they are very inconsistent in quality. Tapes aren't always attached quite right, sometimes the absorbent core is slightly off center, the positional print is sometimes off center, and twice in a row a I had a size L little king leak on me because the standing leak guard on one side completely separated from the leg cuff. 

I wasn't even near half the rated capacity (= 7.5 liters) and it was almost bursting in seams. The core on these is too narrow and too thin (not enough fluff) to reliably absorb even halfmof what it claims to be able to absorb. 
And if the new Tykables will be something like a breathable version of Camelots, with same build quality, then I believe they will indeed outperform ABU AG/LK. Perhaps not in the cuteness rating (I think the Little Kings are truly the Kings of cute ABDL disposable diapers, and will remain unbeaten in that regard for a long time, but that's subjective), but in function, definitely.

This arms race of who has the highest milliliter capacity rating isn't helping anyone (at least not anyone on the customer side of things), when it appears that all the diaper makers do to increase it is, they take their diaper with the highest absorbency rating, and then change absolutely nothing, except up the content of sodium polyacrylate and voila, we have an even higher absorbency diaper (on paper). Doesn't matter if it was already something ridiculous, like 7 liters (which is way more than an adult person should even drink per day, let alone urinate per day), it's now 8 liters. Next update is going to be 9. Or 10.

Hell, why not crank it up all the way to 11. It's one more, isn't it, therefore one better, isn't it?

If there are no improvements done to make it possible for all the SAP to absorb fluid in meaningful manner, then the rated absorbency becomes meaningless. 

I've tried the Alphagatorz and Little Kings, and quite liked them, mostly because of how they look, but they're not just a novelty diaper, they actually do work. That said, I've seen what @DiapersOfTheStorm is talking about with respect to the tabs pulling off at the base. And they are both expensive, and hard to find. Ignore the ISO rating - it's useful as a point of comparison between products of similar construction, but it tells you very little about how much they'll actually hold in the real world before betraying you. 

For the money, the best cloth-backed diaper on the market that I've tried is probably the Rearz InControl Active Air. I prefer a plastic-backed diaper, but if you have to go cloth, they're not bad. They're comfortable; I've done a 10 km hike in them multiple times, they don't chaff, the tabs don't let go, and they hold a decent amount. They're never going to be comparable to, say, a MegaMax or a Mermaid Tale, but, for a "medium-duty" diaper, I give them an A. And Rearz puts them on sale periodically, making their per-unit cost a good deal. Especially if you're shopping with US dollars. Plus they throw in free shipping. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I've tried the Alphagatorz and Little Kings, and quite liked them, mostly because of how they look, but they're not just a novelty diaper, they actually do work. That said, I've seen what @DiapersOfTheStorm is talking about with respect to the tabs pulling off at the base. And they are both expensive, and hard to find. Ignore the ISO rating - it's useful as a point of comparison between products of similar construction, but it tells you very little about how much they'll actually hold in the real world before betraying you. 

For the money, the best cloth-backed diaper on the market that I've tried is probably the Rearz InControl Active Air. I prefer a plastic-backed diaper, but if you have to go cloth, they're not bad. They're comfortable; I've done a 10 km hike in them multiple times, they don't chaff, the tabs don't let go, and they hold a decent amount. They're never going to be comparable to, say, a MegaMax or a Mermaid Tale, but, for a "medium-duty" diaper, I give them an A. And Rearz puts them on sale periodically, making their per-unit cost a good deal. Especially if you're shopping with US dollars. Plus they throw in free shipping. 

@Little Sherri

i'll say it this way: the best diaper that works for you is the one that works the best for you. If it's a cloth diaper that you're looking for because you need discreteness, And you also have the ability to not be leaking all over the place when you're using such a cloth backed diaper that's cool. the problem is there are so many diapers out there, both cloth and plastic back, And if you don't have the right type of diaper, you, you will end up having a major mess.

So I'll say it again: the best diaper that you can use is the one that works the best for yourself. I also agree with @Glennie That as far as I'm concerned the best diaper is a plastic backed one, because you need to be able to have order control, You need to be able to have capacity, and you need to have the peace of mind So if you have to use it, and have a major least, that the diaper is not going to be leaking all over the place or making a mass.

When I talk to North Shore when they were talking about the North Shore diapers that were the Mega Max air diapers, I asked them if that would be a diaper that would be appropriate for me. Because of my need for diapers and the fact that I am severely incontinent, they said that the plastic back Mega Max is the diaper that I should use, and I believe them, because you need to be able to have a diaper that can hold what you're holding within the diaper or within the cover so that you don't have a mess, Because if you have a mess the first thing you're gonna do is you're going to spread it all over the place if you're not careful. the best diaper will keep that mess exactly where it belongs, and a mega Max diaper will actually will actually if it has enough absorption be able to absorb all of the liquid mesh that you release, leaving you at a lot easier of a time with your clean up.

Brian

• Like 1