LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need help with the last component

Hi there,

My name is Rory and I have posted a lot but I wanted to give a progress update and receive some advice for the last “stretch” so to speak. I know for a fact that I need to wear pull-ups during the day when I’m at home and taped diapers during the night. The only problem is that my helpers come from 4:30-5:30 and I usually go to the toilet 3-4 times before going to bed. If anyone can offer any tips as to how to pull a taped diaper up and down, that would mean a lot. I hope you stay safe and have a good day!

Rory (real name)

I'm pretty slim so when I have to wear diapers I learned to slid/work them down. I hate #2 in diapers. But accidents still happen and glad to have protection. Being male I also found I could slip out the leg openings and pee. But I pinched myself a few times and decided it was safer to pee in the diaper and avoid the pain ?. Most of the time I get by with high capacity pull-ups, booster pads that I can change and bed pads. When I wear my back braces or the one with the neck collar, it's diapers and boosters as I can't get out of the brace in time.  I like the ideas on stretch type and velcro diapers. Might be worth a look.

Do you think if you wore a pair of cotton briefs over a diaper tapped a bit looser would work?

The briefs would give you the stretch you need, when you pulled down on them,  holding the diaper in place when you pulled them back up.

Hope you find a solution to your problem.

Thank you guys! I’m getting closer, I just wish there was a way to figure out how to accommodate my lifestyle. It just feels uncomfortable not knowing how to manage my condition. I think I’m in a unique situation because my disability is not severe nor mild. I also am still holding it in even when it’s hard to get to the toilet so I hope I can figure out how to release when I need to.

Try not to stress over it. I know easier said than done. Just keep trying different ideas till you find what works best. You might even ask your helpers for ideas if your comfortable with them. I thought my problem was terrible after my upper back injury. Then I had the lower back injury.  Each time was learning a new way to deal with the issues. Every time my meds are change or it turns hot or cold I have to adjust for it. It sucks at times pull-ups and diapers are hot to work in. Rashes are just terrible. I keep trying new ideas to make things work. It's always a work in progress. A good friend told me, that if you wake up on the sunny side of the grass it's a good day. As it could always be worse. Lol

This may not sound very intuitive, but if your final change with the help includes a very absorbent diaper, just use it until the morning. Like you, I'm incon, but for different reasons. After years of trying to race to the loo for every little twitch of the bladder, I have finally given up and I use my diapers for their intended purpose far more often. I feel way more relaxed now because of that.

13 hours ago, Anonymous12 said:

Yeah. I might decide to just use my diaper until the morning. Hopefully it can take multiple voids...

what i read some do is take a baby diaper and cut or fold back the tabs, cut slits in the plastic backing of it and use it as a doubler in their adult diapers, increasing what it can hold, you can also just buy disposable diaper doublers, they go in the crotch of the diaper

7 hours ago, feralfreak said:

what i read some do is take a baby diaper and cut or fold back the tabs, cut slits in the plastic backing of it and use it as a doubler in their adult diapers, increasing what it can hold, you can also just buy disposable diaper doublers, they go in the crotch of the diaper

Thanks! I wet the bed again so I am going to try wearing extra padding before bed

Sounds like a plan. You might add an extra large bed pad. If I have to take a water pill at night I use a high capacity diaper and booster pad and protective pants with a bed pad. I have a mattress protector as well. Once the water pill kicks in my bladder control is gone day or night. But at night I'm asleep when it starts working. I may still leak but no bed clean up.