LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

question for 24/7 people

Average usage is about three per day.  I order ninety at a time and when I'm down to the last fifteen I work out when I might run out and schedule a fresh delivery.  Usually deliveries come the next day but at weekends it gets complicated so that's why I have to plan ahead.  It seems that people often order more at once than I do typically.

i was just curious. ive been 24/7 for the past week with no intentions on stopping as it is really helping my anxiety and depression. but i wasnt sure how many to stock LOL
and before anyone say im glorifying incon i am not. as i said this is a comfort/mental thing for me so i am doing it for my health in a sense 

I live in a very remote area that can be difficult to get UPS deliveries in the winter. I usually keep a minimum of 6 months supply in my basement. I normally use 4 diapers per day. 3 daytime diapers and 1 overnight diaper. I use about 120 diapers per month and about 1500 diapers per year. I think right now, I have about a 9 month supply of diapers in my basement. I plan to start ordering more in May or June to insure I have an adequate supply on hand for next winter.

10 minutes ago, fillemup said:

I live in a very remote area that can be difficult to get UPS deliveries in the winter. I usually keep a minimum of 6 months supply in my basement. I normally use 4 diapers per day. 3 daytime diapers and 1 overnight diaper. I use about 120 diapers per month and about 1500 diapers per year. I think right now, I have about a 9 month supply of diapers in my basement. I plan to start ordering more in May or June to insure I have an adequate supply on hand for next winter.

holy poop... pun intended 
when you put numbers on it like that youre like wow thats alot of diapers lol

14 minutes ago, suzuki2011 said:

holy poop... pun intended 
when you put numbers on it like that youre like wow thats alot of diapers lol

Yes it is. If you are totally bladder and bowel incontinent from a ruptured disc in the lower back, it really puts a dent on the wallet. I spend about $1800 per year on diapers. I tried washable cotton diapers, but disposable diapers are just more comfortable for me and washing cotton diapers is a pain specially when they are poopy.

16 minutes ago, fillemup said:

Yes it is. If you are totally bladder and bowel incontinent from a ruptured disc in the lower back, it really puts a dent on the wallet. I spend about $1800 per year on diapers. I tried washable cotton diapers, but disposable diapers are just more comfortable for me and washing cotton diapers is a pain specially when they are poopy.

dang. does insurance reimburse that at all?

Without doing laundry (stinky!) I have about 6 months of cloth and PP's .(plastic ,PUL,Rubber,vinyl panties and long bloomers)( frosted white blue,green,yellow,red,blush,black,purple natural rubber)

A year + of onesies figuring 1 onesie per day. About a month of body stockings.

Then i have about 30 cases of disposable and liners Tranquility ATN ,North shore  Supremes ,North shore Mega max, Abena M4 both plastic and fabric .

White,black.blue.green.pink.purple & my hippie rewind favorite tie dye.

I have bed pads,chux, changing pads , crib sheets & bath blankets galore.

I use between 4-9 diapers per day.one of those is my overnite diaper ( guaranteed to get at least 1st mess before my aide changes,dresses me and gets me into my wheelchair).

That's just the stuff I track.,I have several dozen cloth diapers I tried and didn't prefer as well as several cases  of disposables that I bought to torture test and there's a few left after I was done.

2 hours ago, suzuki2011 said:

dang. does insurance reimburse that at all?

Nope. The insurance doesn't cover any of my diapers. My doctor said she would give me a prescription for diapers, but when I contacted my insurance company, they said nothing was covered. I think medical insurance is one of the biggest frauds in the U.S.

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, suzuki2011 said:

for those who have gone 24/7 either by choice or medical on average how many diapers do you keep stocked. how many diapers do you go threw a month?

@suzuki2011

I have Northshore Megamax Mediums:  I get a Prior Authorization that says I get 540 plastic backed diapers per 6 month period, and I renew that every six months.

I get 90 diapers per delivery, and I keep about 20-30 ready to use at a moments notice.  Once I use 20, I have the ability to rotate stock into use from my storage shelf in the bathroom.  I think I have a stock of 130 available in the bathroom and maybe 80-90 in reserve in storage, and I also have a supply of nothshore boosters, and prevail chux I order from the pharmacy when i need meds or chux, but probably will have the supplier do that next round, so i get everything Incontinence from one source ;)

I go through 2-3 diapers a day, and if really sick or active, I may use up to 5 - But I have the Megas, so that is the best you can get :)

Month, I would say 40 at the max for now!

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

The number of Diapers depending on how hot it is. winter months i use 4 durning day and one to two at night. but during summer its more. That number is only if the diapers are wet. when you add in bowel problems that number can add number used. and my number used depends on my wifes nose, she don't put up the smell of wet or dirty. my wife has woke me up in the middle of the night telling me to get up and go change. I alway keep 3 months supply.

My requirements in this regard have changed as my comfort level with wearing better diapers has evolved. When I first went 24/7, I used to burn through 4 - 6 diapers a day, because I would only wear really slim diapers if I was away from the house, and they were never worthy of trust for more than 3 or 4 hours at most. Also, back then, I couldn't buy diapers through the mail or by the case, because I hadn't told my wife yet, so I was buying them one package at a time from pharmacies, and at Rearz, back when they had a storefront. I basically wore whatever I could get my hands on, including Goodnites sometimes, with a baby diaper as a stuffer. 

Eventually, a few things happened; first, I told my wife, which enabled me to start shopping like an adult - ordering cases and using my credit card, etc. Second, having decided that I didn't intend to abandon my strange course anytime soon, I went and bought pants that were one size larger than I needed, which let me feel more comfortable about wearing bulkier products away from the house. Thirdly, I realized that if I wanted to live 24/7 without unending anxiety, I needed to invest in some onesies (diaper t-shirts). Having done all of the above, the stage was set for me to realize that I was much better off, both in terms of comfort, and expenditure, to wear fewer, better diapers, rather than lots of awful ones. So, now, I typically can get through a 24-hour day in two to three diapers, one of which will be an overnight diaper with maximum capacity, such as a Megamax or BetterDry, and one to two of which will be "medium-weight" diapers like a Rearz Lil' Monster. 

If I were to estimate that I use 75 diapers a month, then my current inventory, which hovers at around 250 diapers, represents about 3 months worth of supply. I've been trying to cut back on how many I stock, because early on in my journey, I test-drove a number of different brands and models, and I have fractions of bags of a bunch of diapers that I'm trying to burn through. Eventually, I want to settle on having a case of overnight diapers, a couple of cases of daytime options, and one case of slim diapers for wearing to the gym, once the gyms open up again. The overnights and daytime products will probably be printed diapers, and the slim product will be white.