LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Trouble with NORTHSHORE MegaMax Diapers

NorthShore Megamax Diapers should be the perfect diaper.

The material is comfortable, the Tapes are super secure and re-adjustable.

However the wetness Rarely distributes to the back of the diaper causing leaks (even when only filled to 30% capacity).

Another big problem I've been having is the leak guards of the MegaMax tearing after a couple of hours and releasing wet SAP into my pants ?

I guess I won't use them for Daytime use anymore...

I'll use the remainder I have left for Bed-wetting and then wait for a product update before I reorder them.

The only problem is, I don't think NorthShore is aware of the issue because all they're concerned about is updating with New Colors.

Has anyone else experienced these issues with MegaMax?

Please note I've tried FLUFFING, stretching, and Not fluffing, Not stretching.

Taping tight, taping loose, etc.

I've given these diapers a huge chance for daytime use, and these are the issues I have noticed.

I don't like to put BOOSTERS in my MegaMax because one, they're supposed to last 12 hours without a booster,

And two, the front of these diapers swell too much with a booster that it creates a huge diaper bulge which is not comfortable to walk around in,

and probably noticeable to people who I would prefer didn't notice...

I've been wearing Pink and now TieDye and Pink. I haven't had any problems with any tearing or fluff/SAP leaks. 

Getting the back wet is tough, but that's a problem I've had with many diapers. The SAP creates a bit of a dam, preventing urine distribution. 

They swell a lot without a booster too.

I just started using Megamax's, and I have tried them for both day and overnight use. I bought them in medium and large, being right on the edge of the transition point, in terms of my size, but the medium turned out to fit me well, whereas the large, while very capable, is LARGE. I have had no problems with leaks or with the SAP coming out of them, and I am a very active wearer - I had one on while I helped a buddy install kitchen cabinets, going up and down ladders, up and down stairs to the truck, crouching, standing - they held up great. I would agree with @CodHero24that the front swells up enormously, while the back remains dry, but I think that's a characteristic of a high-end diaper - they arrest liquid flow as soon as it starts, because it's errant rivulets and trickles that lead to leaks. However, if you stay in one position, you do tend to get localized swelling. Other than shifting around and trying to leak into them in unnatural positions, I haven't found any great way to solve this. I have worn less capable diapers that distributed wetness up the back a lot faster - but they also lasted maybe 1/3 as long, and, you couldn't trust them. However, if I spend the whole day in front of my computer, it does look like I have a football stuffed down the front of my pants when I leave my office. That said, I think that Megmax's are going to be part of my rotation, going forward. 

I have whats left of a pack of these, and.... Over all....not a bad product. I never had any of the issues mentioned,except of coarse the swelling of the SAP in front etc....which can be ....awkward at certian times.?

Anyways, something I thought of quite a while ago, regarding the lack of "wicking" in some diapers,, was to add a layer of fabric ( diaper cloth or a flat diaper etc) inside the offending brief, to act as a carrier for wetness and help carry it to dryer parts of the diaper for absorbtion. I think I tried this once but don't remember when, with what or how it turned out....I might try it again though, just to check if my theory is correct. ?

But it might be worth a try, see if it helps move wetness to other places for wicking.....or not...

We'll see..

only you dood...  megamax is my  go to  if i know i wont be able to change for some time  

i find i get  more tired of the weight on my hips  than hitting the capacity  of the diap..   

On 2/15/2021 at 8:40 AM, CodHero24 said:

NorthShore Megamax Diapers should be the perfect diaper.

The material is comfortable, the Tapes are super secure and re-adjustable.

However the wetness Rarely distributes to the back of the diaper causing leaks (even when only filled to 30% capacity).

Another big problem I've been having is the leak guards of the MegaMax tearing after a couple of hours and releasing wet SAP into my pants ?

I guess I won't use them for Daytime use anymore...

I'll use the remainder I have left for Bed-wetting and then wait for a product update before I reorder them.

The only problem is, I don't think NorthShore is aware of the issue because all they're concerned about is updating with New Colors.

Has anyone else experienced these issues with MegaMax?

Please note I've tried FLUFFING, stretching, and Not fluffing, Not stretching.

Taping tight, taping loose, etc.

I've given these diapers a huge chance for daytime use, and these are the issues I have noticed.

I don't like to put BOOSTERS in my MegaMax because one, they're supposed to last 12 hours without a booster,

And two, the front of these diapers swell too much with a booster that it creates a huge diaper bulge which is not comfortable to walk around in,

and probably noticeable to people who I would prefer didn't notice...

Which color and size is having troubles with the leak guards? We have had a few reports of glue not holding on some of the new Tie-Dye and Black. We're happy to replace any defective diapers. We are testing everything to isolate the product with glue issues. White, Blue and Pink were not affected. Very sorry about this but we're on top of it and adding a new test at the factory to better test glue adhesion.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, NorthShoreAdam said:

Which color and size is having troubles with the leak guards? We have had a few reports of glue not holding on some of the new Tie-Dye and Black. We're happy to replace any defective diapers. We are testing everything to isolate the product with glue issues. White, Blue and Pink were not affected. Very sorry about this but we're on top of it and adding a new test at the factory to better test glue adhesion.

Always glad to have a guy like you around helping the folks. Great Company!

• Like 3
15 hours ago, NorthShoreAdam said:

Blue, Large.

10 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

Always glad to have a guy like you around helping the folks. Great Company!

They sure are.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, CodHero24 said:

Blue, Large.

That must be a very isolated defect on blue as we're well into an older batch without any trend of similar complaints. We're happy to replace as needed and do apologize for the problem. Please contact customer support at info@northshorecare.com

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is kinda old, but I wanted to validate OP about the leak guards tearing. That happened to me as well. ? But only after wearing them for a significant amount of time (10+ hours at least) and only after some shall we say... Vigorous physical activity that may have aided in compromising the integrity of the diaper. ??

P.S. I wear size Small.