LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Latest "adventure" results in some understanding....

I'm not one for impromptu adventures or ....well.... surprises, but this is something that happened a bit ago. 

I had been on my regular 2days off, so I was goofing off and doing the things I I enjoy, one being padded etc. 

Well, the day comes to get back to work....a day I normally don't wear, but this day I did.....but don't remember why. Either way it was only for a short time, 5 hours or so, before I headed off to work. The choice fir the day was a Seni super plus, which I like for good capacity, and being descreet. Anyways, I used it onec, so it was... "Wet" but no where near soaked, but still the time came to head to work......and I suddenly had a problem.?

My brother was following me around almost everywher, and wanted to talk about this, that and the other thing....which didn't leave me with any opportunity to get out of my diaper and change for work! The tapes on theses things make a bit if noise when being removed, but no where the noise of some others I have worn, which you can hear 1/2 a block away! ?..... Didn't need that!!!, So, I was stuck....wtf to do...

So, I punted and put on my work clothes anyways, diaper and all.....figuring that I could find a place to change on the way....or worst case...change at work. Well, as they say..... "The best layed plans...." ... So yeah, non of that happened...and I had a 4 hour shift to work.....and it was busy, so NO opportunity to slip into the bathroom and get out of the thing. Again it wasn't soaked or anything, but was wet..soooo, having to contend with that situation wasn't fun. I could'nt wait to clock out and get somewhere to change. UGH!!

I knew it could hold more but I didn't want to push my luck ( or lack there of at this point) ,but I did use it a bit more....but carefully. My butt was already wet....and coldand clammy ?

The experiance,  or "understanding" I came to...... Why kids cry when in a wet or soggy diaper!.. Now I know how frigging uncomfortable a wet or soggy diaper can be. 

We all usually have the privelage to be able to change at convenient times, but occasionally, that doesn't happen, this is one of them for me, and it wasn't fun. Sorry to say that, but having a cold butt for 4 hours really sucks, not to mention the lack of opportunity to change, just made things frustrating. 

So!!!...now I have a better understanding of a little ones discomfort if left in a diaper for go long....just not a pleasant experiance. But as they say, walk a mile in another mans soues.....or sit a while in a cold wet diaper for a new perspective.

Non of this was at all intentional....it just seemed to be a perfect s#itstorm, and making a wrong choice at a wrong time, but it was a learning experiance just the same.

Eitherway, maybe this wont add up to a hill of beans or what not, but something I just wanted to toss oit there on the old "experiance" pile fwiw. 

Qwack

i

• Like 3

Remember too, it’s not just little ones, who can be stuck in wet uncomfortable diapers. People who suffer with incontinence, have that battle everyday as well. 
I think too, that was a big reason disposables incorporated a “stay dry lining” in their diapers. Most people who used cloth diapers, didn’t bother to add the purchase, of stay dry sheets for their cloth diapered kids. So, when you have a kid in a cloth diaper, and it’s wet, you’re gonna hear about it. ?

With cloth diapers and kids, wasn't the uncomfortable feeling of being stuck in a wet diaper encouragement to potty train faster? 

7 hours ago, square_duck said:

Eitherway, maybe this wont add up to a hill of beans or what not, but something I just wanted to toss oit there on the old "experiance" pile fwiw. 

Qwack

Sharing your experience helps add to the experience conversation, and these are good on public forums because it can help others, especially newbies just coming to terms and exploring their ABDL side or curious lurkers, etc. 

• Like 2

I’m going to refine this (and even disagree to some extent) and say that wet cloth diapers are really nice and comfortable to be in as long as they stay warm. And they generally do, just from your clothes and body heat.

If they start to leak in your clothes, especially at this time of year, they get cold and uncomfortable fast. But so does a leaky disposable diaper.

Having looked after lots of kids including 3 of my own, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a baby cry just from being wet. Having a sore bottom, yes. That’s misery for babies and parents. Leaks can get unpleasant fast too. But most babies don’t mind their wet and even dirty diapers at all. It’s just what is.

I’d say the idea that “a drier baby’s more comfortable,” as so many old Pampers ads used to say, is based on appealing to what grownups imagine based on what we were all taught during our toilet training, and not what babies experience. I very much expected my kids to cry and fuss and care when they needed a change, and (at least when well looked after and not left too long) they mostly don’t.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies ?, but to the above, generally I don't mind being in a "well used" diaper. In the past  I have stayed in them as long as possible, but this was a bit different. Weather wearing cloth or disposables, when my butt gets cold, it's time to change, regardless of what I am wearing my behind gets cold and it isn't comfy... ?

I don't remember being a kid in diapers, but from what few pics I have seen, mom padded us up pretty bulky, so being wet or soggy took quit a while to get to. I think my being generally comfy in  a wet or messy diaper might have come from this, having long time periods between changes....just a guess, I don't know.

As to Pampers (and other brands advertising) with the stay dry lining etc, I view this as manufacturers "guilting" parents into 1) using thier products and 2) changing them more often, there by using more, and needing to buy more.....in the name of keeping kids "dry and happy" etc...marketing ploy. 

Sure, there are the ones who don't mind being in a soggy or full diaper, simply because they don't know any different.....having been in diapers since they were born, it's all they know. This is one reason "potty training" is so difficult, from the kids point of view....why change???

One thing I noticed with cloth diapers is that you don't "feel" wet, which is wierd. ? I know some people ask how is that possible, but with plastic pants (or other cover) holding in body heat, and pee being body temp, you just don't feel it. I have had to even check to see if I really was wet a few times...because I could'nt tell. Sure I didn't have to  "go" anymore, but why didn't it feel like anything "happened". The only indicator was that "warm" feeling we are all familier with, and the diaper getting heavier, if it was a large flood. If not, then I can't really tell. The indicator for me again is the "cold butt" feeling, then it is time to grab a dry one and change. 

Thanks again for reading and responding ??...it is nice to be able to chat about odd stuff like this, or cover "taboo" topics that noone else wants to cover....this is one of the things that makes this site and its people so great!!! ?

• Like 3
22 hours ago, nonny said:

I’m going to refine this (and even disagree to some extent) and say that wet cloth diapers are really nice and comfortable to be in as long as they stay warm. And they generally do, just from your clothes and body heat.

If they start to leak in your clothes, especially at this time of year, they get cold and uncomfortable fast. But so does a leaky disposable diaper.

Having looked after lots of kids including 3 of my own, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a baby cry just from being wet. Having a sore bottom, yes. That’s misery for babies and parents. Leaks can get unpleasant fast too. But most babies don’t mind their wet and even dirty diapers at all. It’s just what is.

I’d say the idea that “a drier baby’s more comfortable,” as so many old Pampers ads used to say, is based on appealing to what grownups imagine based on what we were all taught during our toilet training, and not what babies experience. I very much expected my kids to cry and fuss and care when they needed a change, and (at least when well looked after and not left too long) they mostly don’t.

Put a kid in a cloth diaper or one of the old-school (pre-SAP, when the only way to get absorbency was through more pulp) disposables, and I guarantee they cry when they get soggy.  

Since the early 90's, after SAP and pass-through top sheets became mainstream, the diapers do a much better job of keeping the wetness off the kids' skin.  So they're not uncomfortable when they wet.  

38 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

Put a kid in a cloth diaper or one of the old-school (pre-SAP, when the only way to get absorbency was through more pulp) disposables, and I guarantee they cry when they get soggy

I understand why you think so, it’s become the common assumption.

And it’s just not true. We diapered our own kids in cloth (late 80s to mid-90s) and so did a lot of our friends. Part of the reason is they’re so comfortable. There wasn’t a day that it didn’t feel like the right choice (for us), and how much cosier and nicer they seemed to wear was part of the reason.

I have seven years of daily experience telling me what you’re saying doesn’t happen.

I was born in 88 and wore cloth up until being potty trained full around 4 or 5. My sister was born in 92 and used them into the mid 1990s

I love cloth diapers today and attribute my fondness and the origins if this fetish to being a cloth wearer in the late 80s, early 90s.

35 minutes ago, nonny said:

I understand why you think so, it’s become the common assumption.

And it’s just not true. We diapered our own kids in cloth (late 80s to mid-90s) and so did a lot of our friends. Part of the reason is they’re so comfortable. There wasn’t a day that it didn’t feel like the right choice (for us), and how much cosier and nicer they seemed to wear was part of the reason.

I have seven years of daily experience telling me what you’re saying doesn’t happen.

By all means, I stand corrected.  :) 

My only experience was with my own son back in the late 90's/early 00's, and he gave no fucks whether he was wet or dirty, all the way to age 4.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2021 at 10:27 AM, WBDaddy said:

By all means, I stand corrected.  :) 

My only experience was with my own son back in the late 90's/early 00's, and he gave no fucks whether he was wet or dirty, all the way to age 4.

Most kids don't, as it is the only thing they know. This is what makes potty training /learning SO difficult! You have to literally reprogram the kid from something they have known all thier lives (all 2years of it) to a "new idea or concept" of keeping thier pants clean and dry....all.with out pulling your hair out ?

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 2:06 AM, square_duck said:

Most kids don't, as it is the only thing they know. This is what makes potty training /learning SO difficult! You have to literally reprogram the kid from something they have known all thier lives (all 2years of it) to a "new idea or concept" of keeping thier pants clean and dry....all.with out pulling your hair out ?

This is the argument behind elimination communication (also called "infant potty training"). Basically, they argue that if you start out giving them alternatives to going in their diaper right from the start, they don't get programmed to use the diaper. They argue that even very young infants would often rather use a potty than their diaper, if they can. So the parents try to anticipate when the baby will need to go and hold them over the potty and cue them to go.

Apparently in some cultures, this is the norm, and the average age at full potty training is under a year. In Mary Ainsworth's book Infancy in Uganda, she notes that many of the babies were independently crawling to a designated toileting spot outside as young as 6 months old, and lots of the parents didn't even use diapers. It's a lot more like how people typically potty train puppies.

But hen you have also argue about "who" is really being trained.....the child or the parent??? Kids dont know anything either way, as they dont have first hand experience or a reference point as to what being wet or dry is, or the reason for toilet or diaper. The outside influence is the parent...

More than likely just doing this so to get away from changing diapers at all!! ?

I guess it is 6 of one and 1/2 dozen if the other.....I don't put much into EC, but it is a free world....to each thier own.......I guess...

I hear you there Ducky. I remember being in a skirt at work with a pullup on and it was just about ready to leak as I am chatting with a coworker and I can feel a few drops trickling down my inner thigh and trying my best to get out of the conversation and get to a bathroom. That cold wet butt feeling is not my favorite for sure, Finally I was able to get back to my desk and grab another pullup and change. Its never intentional, but it happens.