LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diapering

Well i just used my part of the last stimulus check by placing a nice order though babykins did the DPF contour  diapers and few pullups  my question is what is everyone using for diaper inserts for added absorbency I was thinking of order some changing times inserts or maybe a few of teh counters just as inserts since they are a tad too small for me.  

The ones I use are pretty old now & I can't recommend the supplier, even if they're still in business.  When they eventually give up the ghost I'll probably just cut up some old towels to the right size & hem the edges.  Mine are about 18" by 20", & I fold them in 3 to use.  They dry easier that way - if they were sewn into a thick pad they would take a long time drying.

I do not use inserts or soakers. They slow the exit of the wet tthrough the crotch where some of tlhe ore delicate and  easily injured tissue is. three layers of material all the way around has as much or more capcity than a 2x4x2 profold and wicks away wet faster: And dries faster after washing, too. Then took I do not use ordinarydiapers (they are described in my album section). Any but flats or prefolds will have less capacity since they have less material. To my knowledge, contour and hourglass diapers dated from the early '60's or late 50's

If you look at my "Diapers" album, you will find that they are made with baby diapers

The DL fried I had who was a member here until he passed away 3-1/2 years ago always wore cloth.  He didn't use one thick diaper but thinner adult diapers and he layered them with actual baby diapers that he would buy at garage sales and other places.  He always said the benefit was being able to add extra layers of protection in just the area that he needed it, plus the diapers would dry much quicker after being washed if they were thinner instead of one thick cloth diaper.  He's right there as the few thick cloth diapers I have take a long time to completely dry, even after repeated cycles in the dryer!  Maybe look for actual cloth baby diapers at garage sales, Goodwill or even buy them new in a store if you can find them. 

You can fold some hand towels to make cheap inserts. I hear the changing time inserts are good. I'd also make some to any spec and trade for some Abenas ;).

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

The DL fried I had who was a member here until he passed away 3-1/2 years ago always wore cloth.  He didn't use one thick diaper but thinner adult diapers and he layered them with actual baby diapers that he would buy at garage sales and other places.  He always said the benefit was being able to add extra layers of protection in just the area that he needed it, plus the diapers would dry much quicker after being washed if they were thinner instead of one thick cloth diaper.  He's right there as the few thick cloth diapers I have take a long time to completely dry, even after repeated cycles in the dryer!  Maybe look for actual cloth baby diapers at garage sales, Goodwill or even buy them new in a store if you can find them. 

I'll probably do the same if I find myself with no spare towels to repurpose.  They don't cost much.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 5:13 AM, rusty pins said:

Yup, multiple thinner diapers, with baby diaper inserts used as needed, is definitely the way to go if you're using them regularly for their intended purpose.  For me, bedwetting.  Given my male hardware, and my general inability to stay "pointing" in any particular direction, a great hint I got was to position a baby diaper or two horizontally at my lower stomach, so that... urm... upward flow... meets the absorbent part of the diaper.   This means I can have less bulk between my legs while still having enough absorbency where I need it while laying down.

• Like 1

I have been tinkering with microfiber towels as boosters or "stuffers", and they work amazingly well!!

I forget the sizing, but get the biggest you can. They are available in most places, even auto parts stores....and they are pretty cheap. One thing though, if you are layering, they go between the layers, or ifnot, then they need something wrapped around them. You DON'T want them in contact with your skin....they absorbe Everything...including skin oils. 

I fold them either in 1/2 or 1/3, depending on usage, and wrap them in a gauze flat childs diaper ( but any fabric will do, even flour sack towels, which are cheap and soft) then place it where I want it. 

I have some day weight prefolds from ADC, ( 2x4x2) that I double up, with a microfiber towel inbetween folded in 1/2. The towel extends the usage of the lighter weight diapers an incredable amount!!! Those things hold a TON, yet dont really add much bulk......I like 'em!??? 

You can also use these in disposables too, just remember to wrap them in some other kind of fabric first...

Hope this helps ?

• Like 1