LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Advance from pullon to tabbed diapers

I recently read on one of the medical supply websites about when to switch from pullon style to tabbed diapers. The article mentioned the obvious need for more absorbency. However, I prefer tabbed diapers over pullons for other reasons including better fit and hence more security even if both are the same absorbency. I think this especially applies to men. 

How about your reasons?

100% agreed, @scaifester. All the pullon/pullup type diapers I have ever tried have felt too loose, unless I go down to a size that is too small, in which case they either aren't absorbent enough, or are prone to structural failure, or both. Also, most of them look like someone's grandmother's knickers. Tab-style or tape-on diapers allow me to customize the fit, enabling me to wear a lighter-weight diaper during the day, for example, because I know it fits right and I can trust it, and, at night, I need the snugness and absorbency that only a tabbed overnight diaper can provide. Plus I just prefer the look of a real diaper; early in my DL "career", I used to wear XL Goodnites stretched almost to the breaking point, but once I tried real diapers, I never looked back. However I spent a few days in the UK where all I could get my hands on were medical-grade pullups, and they were awful. 

On 1/5/2021 at 12:21 PM, Little Sherri said:

Also, most of them look like someone's grandmother's knickers.

Hey! Some of us appreciate that aesthetic! ?

I like taped up diapers for the wider coverage area but my body shape fights almost any type of customized fit I try. I love the softness and convenience of pull ups but even the best ones aren't adequate for heavy use. Fortunately I'm not a heavy wetter so they get quite a bit of play from me. :)

I think its a fit thing.  Most pullups even on women don't fit well/right.  I need those tabs to get nice and tight around my waist, while wider at my hips to prevent leaks.  If they're just pullups, I run the risk of sitting/shifting wrong and soaking my pants.  Never had that issue with a tabbed diaper.

I’d say pull-ups are fine if you’re having occasional accidents.  However, once you’re experiencing full-time incontinence, diapers are more practical since you don’t have to undress to change them.  In my opinion, you should wear an elastic fixing brief over any disposable product to keep it in place and minimize the possibility of leaks. The Abena fixing briefs from the Adult Diaper Company or women’s cotton briefs (in the appropriate size) work quite well at holding absorbent products close to the body.

• Like 1

I found pull-ups are fine for small occasional accidents but once once those accidents become for frequent and heavier then in my experience it was time to switch to tape diapers because they hold more and I more secure.

• Like 1

Being in bed or power wheelchair means tabbed is the better choice for mo and my audes that change me. Messes in pullups on non ambulatory people is alot messier than uou can. Imagine. Getting us dressed and interested can.be difficulty a few diapers in ,i.wear sitter pants and onesies took. Good and make care easier.