LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My nappies are a biohazard.

3bsg3

I currently have COVID (I'm OK, no symptoms) I was going to sneak some nappies into the rubbish before collection...until it occurred to me that it could be transmitted through urine. I looked it up and I was right, so if anyone else has it I'd wait until your isolation period is over before throwing them out, because they could potentially pose a risk to the bin men.

I mean... the urine is soaked into padding in a plastic shell, presumably in a bing bag mixed with the other rubbish, in a wheelie bin and the binmen will likely only roll the bin to the truck.

I would imagine the actual chance of transmission through all this is infintesimably small. They'll be dealing with lots of nappies anyway, I think you'd be OK :)

• Like 3

Thanks Elfy.

She was about to take precautions so that she wouldn't infect anyone else with her contaminated urine.

But then you chimed in and just convinced her otherwise.

Thanks for tapping your fingers in all the wrong places.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DiaperPilot said:

COVID is nothing more than a different form of influenza. Treat it as if u have the flu.  This plandemic is panicking people for no good reason... Unless you're a corrupt politician.

I don't like getting into political arguments, but as my elderly Grandmother (who is at high risk) just got diagnosed with Covid today, I feel compelled to respond to this with a few points, because Covid denialism is dangerous to our society.

• The flu kills about 30k or so people a year (in the U.S.). Sometimes, more, sometimes less. And we don't have to shut down society to deal with it.
  • Covid has killed 10x that many, 300K, in only nine months. (Studies that examine the average U.S. death rate compared to this year show it is highly likely we are undercounting Covid deaths, and the Covid death toll is maybe 100k higher than reported)
  • Hospitals are literally running out of ICU beds. The national guard has had to construct temporary field hospitals in some states. If hospitals get overwhelmed and people with Covid can't get good treatment, the death toll from Covid will rise astronomically. The biggest danger with Covid isn't it's fatality rate (which, while worse than the flu, isn't nearly as bad as things like Ebola) the danger is that it is so infection that is spreads super easily and too many sick people will overwhelm the hospital system, leading to lots of unnecessary and completely avoidable deaths because while people can survive Covid, it requires specific and often intensive treatment.

So basically, we shut a ton of shit down, which we never do for the flu, and Covid still, despite all those efforts, managed to kill 400K people and will likely get twice that much by the time it runs it's course and the vaccine produces herd immunity sometime in 2021.

So yeah, Covid-19 is a big fucking deal, and should be treated seriously. Wear a mask, don't go to crazy social gatherings, and for the love of God (or whatever deity you believe in) take the vaccine when it is available.

And yes, dispose of your diapers properly (you should be doing that anyways).

/end rant

p.s. It's actually fecal matter that spreads Covid more than urine.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, MinnesotaWriter said:

I don't like getting into political arguments, but as my elderly Grandmother (who is at high risk) just got diagnosed with Covid today, I feel compelled to respond to this with a few points, because Covid denialism is dangerous to our society.

• The flu kills about 30k or so people a year (in the U.S.). Sometimes, more, sometimes less. And we don't have to shut down society to deal with it.
  • Covid has killed 10x that many, 300K, in only nine months. (Studies that examine the average U.S. death rate compared to this year show it is highly likely we are undercounting Covid deaths, and the Covid death toll is maybe 100k higher than reported)
  • Hospitals are literally running out of ICU beds. The national guard has had to construct temporary field hospitals in some states. If hospitals get overwhelmed and people with Covid can't get good treatment, the death toll from Covid will rise astronomically. The biggest danger with Covid isn't it's fatality rate (which, while worse than the flu, isn't nearly as bad as things like Ebola) the danger is that it is so infection that is spreads super easily and too many sick people will overwhelm the hospital system, leading to lots of unnecessary and completely avoidable deaths because while people can survive Covid, it requires specific and often intensive treatment.

So basically, we shut a ton of shit down, which we never do for the flu, and Covid still, despite all those efforts, managed to kill 400K people and will likely get twice that much by the time it runs it's course and the vaccine produces herd immunity sometime in 2021.

So yeah, Covid-19 is a big fucking deal, and should be treated seriously. Wear a mask, don't go to crazy social gatherings, and for the love of God (or whatever deity you believe in) take the vaccine when it is available.

/end rant

As a hospital worker myself, I thank you for saying this!  People who think this is no worse than the flu need to educate themselves scientifically and not pay attention only to the misinformation they choose to hear and read on internet sites from like minded people who also ignore reality.  You can't compare this to the flu when hospitals are at or over capacity, people are on ventilators and dying every day, 300,000 Americans dead in 9 months and hospital workers (I know from personal experience, not hearsay) are overworked to the point of exhaustion!  Flu or not anything to worry about?  I know better!  The fact that many of our top leaders did not take (and still don't take) the threat seriously and listen to the WHO or people like Dr Anthony Fauci helped get us to where we are at now - the country who has the worlds largest number of deaths and infected people.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, DiaperPilot said:

COVID is nothing more than a different form of influenza. Treat it as if u have the flu.  This plandemic is panicking people for no good reason... Unless you're a corrupt politician.

How dare you continue to spread this life-threateningly dangerous disinformation?

The death toll in your country is now 100 times the impact of 9/11. It is the endless, brazen ignorance of know-nothing statements like yours and people like you that has made the United States the single worst affected developed country in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
On 12/10/2020 at 1:34 PM, 3bsg3 said:

I currently have COVID (I'm OK, no symptoms) I was going to sneak some nappies into the rubbish before collection...until it occurred to me that it could be transmitted through urine. I looked it up and I was right, so if anyone else has it I'd wait until your isolation period is over before throwing them out, because they could potentially pose a risk to the bin men.

@3bsg3@Elfy @Whatsthatsmell

Regardless of whether you have symptoms of ANY disease, you should deal with getting rid of your nappies.  Remember, most urine is sterile and should  pose no threat to you, because of the nappies absorbent properties.  Fecal matter, on the other hand can spread disease and has been known to do so.  Keeping used nappies for a few days is one thing, and I do it myself.  However, I do get rid of nappies that I have pooped in, as soon as possible.  I don't want to have any possibility that dealing with dirty nappies can make me sick.  In a hospital setting, they get rid of them, and all gloves, PPE and other items that are used during a change.

Fecal matter can spread disease.  I believe the best way to handle this would be to throw your nappies into a separate sack, and dispose of them.  This is what I do.  Additionally, while I can deal with nappies I have PEED in, and throw them away, and save those until I have a full bag, I choose to bag up all POOPED nappies ASAP, because they STINK, and I don't want to start retching, coughing, and then have that cause me to vomit on the floor, 'cause my tummy isn't able to handle the scent.  I CAN deal with it, but it does cause a reaction - so, if I use a nappy, and I poop, I change and dispose of it as SOON as possible.

I would dispose of your nappies:  Holding them may make your house smell of stale urine (ammonia) or feces, and you may not smell that, but someone coming in off the street CAN smell that.  I have to be careful, because that smell can travel, and I can walk in here, smell that, and KNOW it is time to dispose of them. 

I wouldn't worry:  I am sure that waste haulers have been dealing with disposal of nappies and other garbage, and because of this, precautions are taken.  If you held all your nappies, it would be silly.  They expect us to throw away that stuff, and it would be in your best interest to get that out of there ;)

I hope that you recover quickly, and I send you lots of LOVE and PRAYERS for a speedy recovery!

Good Luck!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
added additional handles
On 12/13/2020 at 9:23 AM, nonny said:

How dare you continue to spread this life-threateningly dangerous disinformation?

The death toll in your country is now 100 times the impact of 9/11. It is the endless, brazen ignorance of know-nothing statements like yours and people like you that has made the United States the single worst affected developed country in the world.

@nonny

Well Said, Sir, WELL Said!

My brother will tell you that "COVID is like the flu" - I have disagreed with him from the start, and I have friends, and people in my own State, my own COUNTY, and my own CITY that have had COVID19 and some have died.  We have been asked to wear our masks to protect others, and that is what I do - I have restricted my own travel to essentals:  Bank, Pharmacy, Drug Store, Doctor, or PT appointments.  If I don't need to do it, I DONT:  I won't ride the city bus either right now:  COVID has been spreading:  I use the Demand Response Services of the Bus Company, and have even restricted going to my office, because there is NO NEED for me to be there right now!

COVID-19 is INDEED real - It can, and HAS KILLED many, many, many people.  People need to take this pandemic seriously, and stop trying to say that it is not serious or to downplay its severity.  I have had friends diagnosed with it, and who have been hospitalized with it, and who are dealing with it.  Both of these people are elderly, and are compromise-able because of advanced age, and that is why you have to be careful.  Other friends of mine have had it, and have been quarantined, and have recovered.  Point being, it is NOT the flu - If you are LUCKY enough, you may only have MINOR symptoms, but  others, who are compromise-able, may have a heck of a time combating this. 

It is up to EVERYONE to do what we have to do, regardless of whether we LIKE it or not.  COVID is spreading, because of people who choose to NOT follow the guidelines.  They attend rallies and protests and they are NOT masking, and this causes spread.  How can we fight a disease that we KNOW exists if the people think the disease is a fake or a farce?  People need to do what that have to do, but they should realize that NOT masking, or not following the guidelines DOES have consequences.  I CHOOSE to make the sacrifice(s) I need to, because I don't want to be on a Vent, and I don't want to be dead - I may not see my family this year, BUT, I will be here to see them in 2021 - I LOVE my family enough to say "I love you" and if that means that I don't visit with them, or if that means that we spend the Holidays at a distance, well, that sucks like a Vacuum Cleaner, but my parents are in their 50s, late 60s, and 70's, and I don't WANT to give them something that I have, or think that I may give them something that I DON'T know I have:  COVID is REAL!

Now, as far as the NUMBERS go - I do question these  - If you die, it seems that you are classified as a "covid-related death" even IF you don't have COVID:  The numbers are STAGGERING, and alarming, but states numbers may be questioned, or the ways they gather the data could be questioned, but the DISEASE is Here, and is REAL!

On 12/13/2020 at 2:04 AM, MinnesotaWriter said:

! don't like getting into political arguments, but as my elderly Grandmother (who is at high risk) just got diagnosed with Covid today, I feel compelled to respond to this with a few points, because Covid denialism is dangerous to our society.

/end rant

@MinnesotaWriter

Thank You!  It is HIGH time people realize this is NO JOKE - this is NOT the flu - FAR from that!  Its WORSE!  You also make a good point, that regardless, you should be disposing of diapers as you normally do - fecal matter can spread disease.

On 12/13/2020 at 9:16 AM, rusty pins said:

As a hospital worker myself, I thank you for saying this!  People who think this is no worse than the flu need to educate themselves scientifically and not pay attention only to the misinformation they choose to hear and read on internet sites from like minded people who also ignore reality.  You can't compare this to the flu when hospitals are at or over capacity, people are on ventilators and dying every day, 300,000 Americans dead in 9 months and hospital workers (I know from personal experience, not hearsay) are overworked to the point of exhaustion!  Flu or not anything to worry about?  I know better!  The fact that many of our top leaders did not take (and still don't take) the threat seriously and listen to the WHO or people like Dr Anthony Fauci helped get us to where we are at now - the country who has the worlds largest number of deaths and infected people.

@rusty pins

As you work in a hospital, I am sure that you see what I am trying to convey, and you deal with it every day.  Trump and his administration are part of the PROBLEM, as they are only telling us what he believes, and it seems that the media can't tell us the FACTS anymore.  When I was a kid, used to watch Walter Cronkite on CBS News, and he used to give us the NEWS, and tell it straight up, and then switch to someone giving us reports on what happened.  Now, with 24-hour news at your command, you are inundated with ridiculous reports, which contain the news, but are "spun," or blown out of proportion to suit whatever side the channel leans.  When you have 300,00 plus Americans that have died in the last 9 months, you WANT truthful reporting, and accountability of the networks that do it - Watching "news" has just been horrid, because you hear Trump Whine about losing an election, or you hear how many MORE people have died, and you lose faith in the media, because you don't know if the source is believable.  The Pandemic is REAL, and has no "side" and we need to come together, fight this, and hold the people we elect to a standard that is high - Trump is NOT that man - division will NOT help us - Our actions have consequences, and our allies are watching - The Pandemic is world wide, and it takes the right people to fight this.  We NEED to listen to the WHO, to Dr. Fauci, and to our state leaders: They are the ones who deal with it, and make the decisions that they do

I also think that the media should realize that with all the news that they could report, some of it is not worth reporting, while some of it, may be questionable, or based on opinion.  The media has an important job, and should be held to a higher standard.  Just because you can report something, does NOT mean that you should.  Whatever Trump says is reported, while he is allowed to basically say "I take no responsibility."  He is getting away with whatever he wants, and soon, he will answer for he misdeeds.  If we don't take steps now, the truth will be masked and "dumbed down" and will be forever forgotten, because we have a clown, and his administration, who is allowed to lie to us.

Rusty:  I respect you, and others here:  You are doing your part to make sure our hospitals are able to run.  Each person has a job to do, and each of us has a RESPONSIBILITY to those in the field:  To help them stay SAFE so we can be healthy as well!  Thanks for what you do!

Brian

46 minutes ago, Nat said:

That anti covid post must have gotten deleted because I can't see the original post but the quote. 

@Nat

@Elfy DID post this:  (New Rule: Covid-19 Conspiracies) and he or another admin or mod may have deleted any anti-covid-19 related posting(s) because it went afoul of the new rule.  I believe that as long as we are respectful, acknowledge that COVID-19 is real, and we can be respectful of others, even of they are misinformed, we should be OK:  I am sure that he, or others staff members would let us know if we were not.  :)  Diaper/Nappy disposal is something that should be done on a regular basis anyway, and it does impact us. (even more now, because this pandemic is insidious and sneaky, and can infect you and others without you even realizing it, which is why you have to be smart and careful about what you do.)

I don't like to politicize anything either, but it seems like the governmental heads ARE doing it.  Saying that the President has been "out to lunch" since after the election, and worrying about everything but the people, the economy and the health of people, is exactly what has happened.  While this is happening, people are dying by the day, and cases are skyrocketing.  This is the truth, and cannot be denied.  That is why I talked about Trump - not because I am being political, but because his Administration wants CREDIT for doing something, but does not want to accept the RESPONSIBILITY  for doing something - Its been a "HIM" show, and we need to worry about saving people, rather than the lies he tells:  I think that everyone can agree that if we were able to get a faster response at the start, and not get wild theories, and crazy press conferences, we would have had a better shot at dealing with it.  I praise @Elfy for dealing with the conspiracies and not letting this, a place of safety, be as dirty as the people who want the spotlight, without the scrutiny.  This thing is here now - has been here, and  we need to deal with it, in a way that does not turn into a rerun of Trump's media empire.  

I sometimes feel like i am in the twilight zone - and world powers are laughing at us right NOW.......and its NOT funny.......

Brian

7 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

I sometimes feel like i am in the twilight zone - and world powers are laughing at us right NOW.......and its NOT funny.......

Whatever you imagine about how the US has been seen in the world since electing Trump — it is much worse. Yes, you have gone from a world power to an international embarrassment and laughingstock. It will take a generation to win back the basic trust in your adult function and gravitas the Trump administration and its enablers have destroyed.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, 3bsg3 said:

Oh dear I started a war! ??

@3bsg3

No, you didn't - I responded to a question relating to an "anti-covid post" that the @Nat was asking about, because she was questioning why she could not see an original post, but but could see a quote.  I told her that anti-covid-19 conspiracies are not allowed, and pointed her to the posting @Elfy made.  

Have a Great Day!

Brian

It's  all a hoax. The president said so and he's going to sue to preserve democracy so he'll be president forever and then his oldest son will take over etc, etc...

In case you couldn't tell i was being sarcastic. I work at a hospital as well. And I would have voted for Palin over that dumb ass

• Like 3
On 12/18/2020 at 5:01 PM, PlstkBakdnghtnday said:

It's  all a hoax. The president said so and he's going to sue to preserve democracy so he'll be president forever and then his oldest son will take over etc, etc...

In case you couldn't tell i was being sarcastic. I work at a hospital as well. And I would have voted for Palin over that dumb ass

My heart dropped reading your message but I'm relieved to see it was only satirical. But it's sad that there are actually people who think that way. 

Anyway, I just wanted to share my story and proof that preventative measures work. 

I work in a nursing home. A fairly large one at that. When I was hired, there were no COVID cases. Two weeks later, there were over 40. Resident and Worker alike. It shut the whole facility down. No visitors on any section, temperature checks, upgraded masks (we went from plain surgical to the KN94s), and if I even wanted to step NEAR the hall with residents, i had to put on one of those plastic apron things with a face shield. 

We eventually had no more cases. 

They tried to lift restrictions the week after we had no cases. 3 people got COVID. 

So they slammed the regulations again and we've had no cases in over a month and a half. On top of that, we get tested twice a week for COVID. Yes it's the one where they shove the swab into your nasal cavity. Yes it hurts. But when lives are at stake, you can't half ass anything. 

I asked the administration one day if they ever had to do anything like this for the flu. NEVER. COVID is a real threat. Even my uncle who never believed in COVID changed his mind after he and his grandkids caught it. It's not the flu. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Lavellan!  That is what needs to be said over and over again, unfortunately there are so many idiots in the world and nothing anyone can say, do or show them will have any effect on their pea brains!  Just like the person in the hospital on a respirator dying from sever lung cancer from smoking all their lives begging for a cigarette!  It's only when these morons have been in the hospital for 6 weeks with Covid-19 and are taking their last breath will the reality finally hit them, but by that time it's too late.  And anyone who tells us differently will get a tongue lashing from me as I also work in a hospital!  Even if you don't believe what you see in the news paper or on TV, spend time in a major hospital right now!  In fact, volunteer to be the one who wheels the bodies to the morgue every day! 

• Like 1
On 12/27/2020 at 10:14 AM, iluvmydiapers said:

Id respond to this, however my beliefs would get me banded, so I will keep my opinon to myself. 

I recommend you educate yourself better, then, so you stop believing things that are blatantly and dangerously wrong.

• Like 4