LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tykables Camelot diapers.

SoggySoCal

Oh I can not wait to see @square_duck response.  It will be interesting!  

The only reason I would be buying something like that is so I can go long periods without a change.  Like at work.  And I also like the bulkiness of diapers.  Other then that the price point is just to high for buying them.  

Tykables has always been an expensive diaper brand.  Well Everything on their site is expensive.  But one thing I do know about their site is they are using Shopify which cost a lot of money to use each month.  Though what site does not?   

1 hour ago, SoggySoCal said:

7000ml isn’t a huge jump from 6000ml of the other Tykables or the 6250 of the PeekABU’s. I can fill to capacity two to three of those a day without much trouble. You guys can crunch numbers all you want and talk about averages. My guess is most DL’s are staying well hydrated and pee far more that most. I know I do at least. 

I would question whether they're really used to capacity, though. It's no secret that max capacity is generally only achieved under perfect circumstances - that is, laboratory conditions. Real life puts certain constraints on diapers that generally cut capacity short. Also, there is a difference in output between DLs staying "well hydrated" and someone drinking the recommended 64oz of water a day. I know guys who drink a gallon of water a day (not because they're working out or doing something where they're sweating a lot, just because they think it's healthy) and yeah, I would imagine they pee more than average. I've tried it, and saw no added health benefits - only increased trips to the bathroom - so I cut back to around 64-80oz a day and that generally works fine for me.

Anyway, this whole "I'm right, you're wrong" mentality is stupid. My point isn't " 7,000ml capacity is useless and a waste of money, " it's that we all have different needs when it comes to diapers. Clearly MegaChar is looking for something very different than square_duck but that doesn't mean either's logic is wrong. It just means they prioritize different things.

• Like 1
On 9/7/2020 at 10:13 PM, dyperbole said:

It's a busy life in Camelot.....I have to push the pram a lot.

On 9/8/2020 at 7:51 AM, willnotwill said:

On second thought , let’s not go to Camelot. ‘Tis a silly place.

OK... any time I read this thread I can't get the silly song out of my head!!!! so now you all get to suffer with me!  ?

Well I'm going to give these a go.

Admittedly I am a Tykables fan, a huge one - they work best for me at night and as I've said, I experience far fewer leaks in Tykables than any other nappy. So they win all round, especially with the "mostly" 24/7 thing and using fewer of them.

I'm generally on work calls from 9-6 every day and will get coffee and tea brought to me (and water) and my output is often considerable, so I thought I'd give these a go and see if they're even better, why not!

6 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

OK... any time I read this thread I can't get the silly song out of my head!!!! so now you all get to suffer with me!  ?

ROFLMAO!!!!? God I love Monty Python!!!!, Thanks for posting this.....hilarious!!!!

12 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Oh I can not wait to see @square_duck response.  It will be interesting!  

The only reason I would be buying something like that is so I can go long periods without a change.  Like at work.  And I also like the bulkiness of diapers.  Other then that the price point is just to high for buying them.  

Tykables has always been an expensive diaper brand.  Well Everything on their site is expensive.  But one thing I do know about their site is they are using Shopify which cost a lot of money to use each month.  Though what site does not?   

Thanks Eddie for the confidence... "Interesting" *shrug* that, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Mostly I had no intention to start any kind of fight. It was just my attempt at trying to understand "why" anyone would need such a product. 

Anyways, I think Little Lindsey summed things up pretty well ( Thank you Lindsey!!?) in that everyone ( AB/DL wise) wants something different out of the diapers we choose. My post was purley an attempt at a technical approach to what I see as an over kill product, but thats just me. 

I appreciate bulky diapers as much as anyone else, but I don't know why. 

They are impractical for daily use, unless it is for night, where the bulk doesn't matter.

Thats why I found the compromise (for me) in the Better Drys or Abena M4. As I said, the Northshore Mega Max is a bit over the top, since I can't truley "use it" to capacity, before it just become rediculously uncomfortable..or begins to smell....so whats the point? To me it is a waste of the product if I can only use 1/2 of it. 

For security purposes, yes, it is nice to be able to have a big floodin a diaper,  knowing that it isn't going to leak, and you don't have to change immediatly, that is a luxury many of us enjoy. 

My point was really.....why? Sure, having that level of capacity makes for security, especially at night, but still, this can also be accomplished with other (less expensive) products, by adding a booster.....bfd.

The other thing is, I doubt that the guys at Tykables had any desire or intention of coming up with a "proportionally designated" diaper to act as an "adult sized" pampers /Luvs/Huggies etc. by "scaling something up to what an "adult"would use...I know this has been an ongoing "desire" for many in the community, but the practicality of this does'nt make sense, especially with the prospect of a 9600 ml diaper......? Really?

I am a very pragmatic person, and being who I am, I also seek balance in all things. This push by ABDL diaper companies to make higher and higher capacity products was fine for a while, but now it is getting to the point of being a bit of over kill.

The 6250ml capacity of both the ABU simple ultra and the peek abu seems more than adequate really. If you want/need more....add a booster!

The other thing I like to point out with a diaper of this capacity, is the fact that, when something like this gets in the range of its capacity, it gets dang uncomfortable!! To both sit in and try to walk ...normally. 

Now, again, I am speaking about "normal" life, not AB playtime or parties or other lifestyle things. I am talking about "real life" ( my pragmatic side, remember?) Again, as an example, I put a Bambino Quattro booster in a dry 24/7 diaper for a road trip to Las Vegas, and it worked GREAT....for the road, soaked up everything and then some. BUT, I had a lunch appointment with someone, and I couldn't change....? so I had lunch with this HUGE, heavy, soggy, diaper under my shorts....it was potentialky embarassing and uncomfortable, and I was desperate to change out of it! 

So, being a D/L, I view the practical side of things like this, as is it, useable a product suitable for daily use???  

When I put up the number equivilants in US terms, 7000 ml is equal to 1.85 US Gallons!! 1 gallon of fluid (water) weighs 8 pounds!!! Add over 3/4 gallon more (6 pounds-ish) that means you are wearing something that can potentially weigh 14 POUNDS!!!! Thats is a LOT if weight to be carrying around in your pants, much less try to walk around with. The 24/7 I had on was difficult enough!!! So this is just getting a 'bit' over the top, practicality speaking.

Again, there are going to be those who think this is all good and fine, for night time or AB play etc, but, having worn and used many "high capacity" diapers over time, it just gets to a point where it starts to get in the way, and becomes uncomfortable, and almost an impediment! 

That was the whole purpose of my posting the numbers for this...where is the balance, and practical application if this item??? And what is the point, especially in an AB market, which is a niche market at best. 

Yes, it us nice to have that kind of "extended wear" capacity available, but really, how often will it be truly used??? 

I guess these are questions mostly for the consumer /wearer to consider, and to determine the value derived from such a product.

As I am sure, people will surmise in my case and observations, I don't see a value for this, as it is just "to much" and there are other ways to acheive the same thing/results with other products by adding boosters etc. 

The appeal of extended wear diapers, like beauty it seems, is in the eye of the beholder......or on the bottom of the wearer...?

Qwack

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, square_duck said:

Thanks Eddie for the confidence... "Interesting" *shrug* that, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Mostly I had no intention to start any kind of fight. It was just my attempt at trying to understand "why" anyone would need such a product. 

When I posted "interesting" or what you would say.  It was more like the technical stuff.  I am sure there would be some person on here who would argue about why they need that thickness and stuff.  But that is their own opinion.  

I find that your post or comments are really interesting to read.  Though sometimes I have to re read as I have to compile the information as my brain sometimes can not compute what is written.  

As I said before I do not believe I would be buying those as I can not see paying that much for them.

Though I am looking for a thicker diaper but not so thick that I overload it and stink like urine.

Thank you for your reply.

• Thanks 1

Mine were delivered today. I love them! Nice and bulky but comfy and with the Tykables fastener that I love. Not full yet despite hours of wear! Great purchase and I'm sure I'll be ordering more soon.

Honest review.

As I need for night, I put one on before I went to bed, woke up and it was a bit damp, but I kept it on.  I've let go a few times during the day and it's now 2239 in the evening and I still have the same one on.

Observations: Yes it holds bloody loads and yes it's secure at night (as are all Tykeables), BUT ........ I can smell ammonia. So that's the downside, I think 12 hours is the max for these nappies, absolute max ... no one wants to smell of ammonia or like a public toilet.

I do love the design though. 

I’m on my third one and these for sure have a edge in overall capacity vs the competition. It’s not a huge edge, but it’s noticeable. They feel slightly bulkier when dry vs the other Tykables, PeekABU and Megamax. My night time diaper was full to usable capacity (every part of the absorbent area was wet)and weighed in at 8.2 lbs when I changed. That’s typically when I change my diaper and is about a pound or so heavier than my other high capacity diapers I use. Overall these are a great addition to my collection. 

2 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

Observations: Yes it holds bloody loads and yes it's secure at night (as are all Tykeables), BUT ........ I can smell ammonia. So that's the downside, I think 12 hours is the max for these nappies, absolute max ... no one wants to smell of ammonia or like a public toilet.

I do love the design though. 

I haven’t had that issue with them. MegMax’s get the stinkiest from my experience. I don’t wear these types of diapers in public. They are typically used at night. For daytime use I alternate between Bellissimo’s, Cushies, SDK’s, Kiddos and cloth backed Preschools. 

2307D46F-A678-49F6-87FE-8FEE242501EA.jpeg

705155EE-0C48-4FEE-BC00-A4C39B46A4C8.jpeg

2 hours ago, SoggySoCal said:

I’m on my third one and these for sure have a edge in overall capacity vs the competition. It’s not a huge edge, but it’s noticeable. They feel slightly bulkier when dry vs the other Tykables, PeekABU and Megamax. My night time diaper was full to usable capacity (every part of the absorbent area was wet)and weighed in at 8.2 lbs when I changed. That’s typically when I change my diaper and is about a pound or so heavier than my other high capacity diapers I use. Overall these are a great addition to my collection. 

I haven’t had that issue with them. MegMax’s get the stinkiest from my experience. I don’t wear these types of diapers in public. They are typically used at night. For daytime use I alternate between Bellissimo’s, Cushies, SDK’s, Kiddos and cloth backed Preschools. 

2307D46F-A678-49F6-87FE-8FEE242501EA.jpeg

705155EE-0C48-4FEE-BC00-A4C39B46A4C8.jpeg

Lets see a comparison of them fluffed.   

Oh? I matter again. I thought users chased me off for trying to explain why adults need higher absorbency levels then what children needs.

After using 4 of them. I can deffonaly say yes on it but they are quite expensive.

A 1 month supply (120 diapers at 4 per 24 hours in 30 days) will run you over $400-500 a month while something like the megamax will be just over $300 a month for the same usage. Quite pricey indeed.

Its a defendant child dream come true for wanting dragons as prints on diapers and velcro for the tabs since tape dosnt work well with me no matter how sticky they make it(though duck tap helps hold it on.) The diaper core holds itself well at every usage level and personal enjoyment. Everything is just presented very well.

This is Tykables flagship product in my opion.

4 hours ago, 22k5 said:

SoggySoCal and MegaChar

what's the verdict are they worth the cost????

• Like 1
13 hours ago, SoggySoCal said:

I think so, but I’m not on a tight budget. 

10 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Oh? I matter again. I thought users chased me off for trying to explain why adults need higher absorbency levels then what children needs.

After using 4 of them. I can deffonaly say yes on it but they are quite expensive.

A 1 month supply (120 diapers at 4 per 24 hours in 30 days) will run you over $400-500 a month while something like the megamax will be just over $300 a month for the same usage. Quite pricey indeed.

Its a defendant child dream come true for wanting dragons as prints on diapers and velcro for the tabs since tape dosnt work well with me no matter how sticky they make it(though duck tap helps hold it on.) The diaper core holds itself well at every usage level and personal enjoyment. Everything is just presented very well.

thank you both we will look into it probably purchase a case sometime in November or December

thank you again?

• Like 1
19 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Dude, you literally told @square_duck he was wrong and that, apparently, is fine but someone saying "hey, your points are valid but so are his" is "chasing you off?" Cool story, bro. And where exactly did anyone say adults don't need more absorbency than children? Nobody is denying that, just pointing out that for most people 7,000ml capacity is overkill. Maybe you missed it but it was also pointed out that we all have different wants/needs from a diaper...for you that is a diaper exactly scaled to baby diapers, for others it's something discrete enough to wear in public without detection, or something that they can use to capacity and change before the smell becomes noticeable. But if you want to take offense where none was meant, be my guest.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, 22k5 said:

thank you both we will look into it probably purchase a case sometime in November or December

thank you again?

You wont be disappointed in them. Just be prepared to shell out some cash and If your incontinent I advise you not buy these for every day use since again the price point is VERY high. Also once you get them and put them on. Make sure the bottom taps are near the area of the item graphic as any location farther back will cause the bottom part of the tab to come up. Dont put on tabs too tight or they may come off. If they do, resort to ducktape. You have bought the right size if you see bulkage(slight sag) in the back.

Enjoy!

1600922076.megachar_20200922_152012.jpg

Opened this topic for the expected Monty Python jokes. Wasn't disappointed. 

I've always been more of an ABU fan, they tend to be the ones that fit me best (like other's mentioned, body shapes and sizes play a big impact on what diaper brands work for someone, which, really, is no different than how other types of clothing works).

While like many of you, I doubt I could manage a scenario where I could come close to filling the diaper, the benefit of the extra absorbency is more that it assures that there won't be any leaks so long as it is taped on right. Maybe it would be best for a road-trip or an outing where you are away from home all night long. Either way, something I'll eventually add to my ever-growing diaper collection.

I general, even if this isn't something I'd make regular use of, it is good to see continuing innovation in the ABDL market. Lots of companies competing to make better products benefits consumers. Though, it would be nice to see that competition begin to drive prices down just a little.

• Like 1
On 9/10/2020 at 5:01 AM, square_duck said:

Yeah, except the ABU has front and back waistbands, (which I like), but these apparently don't have that feature. 

All Tykables products have front and rear waistbands. 

• Like 2