LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lillikol (Complete) +FAQ

So, after a series of non-diaper stories we are back to our usual content!  We hope you like it. ^_^ 

This story is already complete on Patreon!  Check us out there and consider supporting us.

As always, Like and Comment!  Thank you for reading! 

----------------

Special thanks to the following patrons for the support: Lil Erica, Phil, Cam, Lizzy, Annie, BeezleDerBock, Lizzie, Selphie, Pierre, Bryia, Herezulo, Jazzie, Keira, Princess Sarah, Scotia, Sorka, and Red.  We really can't thank you enough!! ❤️ 

----------------

Disclaimers: Disclaimers: 15yo protag (SFW), diapers, wetting, breastfeeding

----------------

Lillikol
By Sophie & Pudding

1.)

I curled up against the window and yawned. My head was tired from the flight, but I was pretty over it by now. My parents were dead. Yup. It would be a bigger deal if I saw them more often, or if it wasn't three months ago. I went to a boarding school and I was allowed to finish out the end of the year before the affairs were sorted. Affairs meaning I had to go home. Apparently I wasn't even a fucking American... new life, new family, they said. Great. I closed my eyes and waited for the wheels to touch down.

There weren't any large planes that came to the island — honestly, anything that needed to come usually came by sea. Still, in the case of departures or medical emergencies that the local doctors couldn't handle, there was both an airstrip and a helipad by the western cliffs. It made for a spectacular view for the approach, too, with marvelous pastel colors muted and etched in bands along the rock of the cliff-faces. The entire island was mostly sloped west down to east, with cliffs on the west and beaches on the east, though a good deal of the center was level ground. Thats where three of the towns were.  There was one more closer to the cliffs and one by the beaches, roughly in the shape of a cross and not too far apart.  The island wasn't that big to begin with, and the area in-between comprised farmlands and other agriculture.

A man's hand came to his forehead as he watched the small business-jet approach, and finally come in for a gentle landing. There's only one passenger, so said the manifest — a girl who'd been born here named Maisie. Her parents had died, tragically, and she was returning home to be placed into foster care. On the mainland, a five hour flight away, such procedures would take months. Here, in Lillikol, the girl would be in a bed in her new home by the time the sun went down. The man, dressed in a nicely pressed suit, a wide-brimmed hat atop his head, slowly began to walk up the strip to meet the girl.

There was no formal airport, but the place looked gorgeous from the sky. It was an island, one I could see every edge of as we took a wide turn, but it was bigger than I thought. When we finally landed, I took it upon myself to make my way down the stairs, a Marshall following behind. I came out on a concrete strip near the cliff face and looked out at the ocean. Holy shit this place was awesome...

"Justicar Olive."

"Very good to see you again, Marshall." The man tipped his wide-brimmed hat at the uniformed man, and smiled a kindly smile to the girl who walked right past him and further down the airstrip, probably to gaze over the cliffs.

"Please sign here, and here, and initial at the base of each page."

Olive smiled courteously and took the clipboard, checking against all the paperwork as the Marshall spoke.

"Her profile is interesting, Justicar, I'm not so sure she'll be a good fit in your little utopia."

"Nonsense. Everybody is a fit here, Marshall. Here you are, I trust everything is in order?" The Marshall nodded, and Justicar Olive tipped his hat again and turned around, wandering down the airstrip toward the girl at the end of it, looking out over the sea. "Quite the view, isn't it?"

"What? Oh..." The man was a surprise at my shoulder. He was tall, even for a grown man. Taller than my father used to be. Now he was about a foot tall, lying on his back. I sighed and looked down over the cliff.

"My dad used to live here?"

"He certainly did."

"My mother too?"

"Born and raised."

"...and me."

"So says our records."

"I can't see why they'd want to leave..." It was just so beautiful.

"Many of us wonder the same thing, Maisie.  But to each their own, once they come of appropriate age." The sea washed against the base of the cliffs, and the salty smell from the ocean was beautiful. "I'd tell you that the view gets old, but then I'd be lying. Would you like a few minutes more, or are you ready to go?"

She didn't have a suitcase — personal effects were not allowed to be brought to the island, and she'd ask about that soon, Olive imagined. He motioned to a small vehicle with two seats up front, and a bench facing away from them behind, with a small luggage area as well — somewhat like the people mover vehicles inside airports on the mainland. Electric, clean and quiet.

"It's like a cute little golf cart." I climbed into the passenger... uh, seat? It was like a bench really, and it made me suspiciously close to the man. I didn't even know who he was. "Are you taking me to a foster house?" I didn't really know how this was supposed to work. I was fifteen, not stupid. I hardly even needed parents. And now they expected to find some for me? My other two weren't very good at it. Why would new ones be any different.

"I'll be taking you to Lillikol Hall — it's our head of state, and is in the center of the island. From there, you'll be matched with a family and by the time the sun goes down, you'll be placed with them." Of course, the shortlist had already been selected, and there was really only a few key decisions left to make, such was the efficiency here. The little cart began to pull away, silent as a mouse, and down the road at a leisurely pace.

"How would you feel about a sister about your age, Maisie?"

"...oh." I had never had a sister... "They're annoying on TV shows... are they annoying in real life?" He laughed, but didn't answer. No help, there. I sighed and looked up at the sky. Jeeze, this place was so pretty. Even the sky was prettier. And the trees, as we drove, and soon after, citizens. They wore lovely colors. Nice coats. So... elegant. The man beside me was elegant too, but I thought he was only being formal. I suddenly felt widely underdressed in just my blouse and jeans.

"The center of the island is far, right? I mean, we came in from the cliffs, so..."

"About two hours, by cart."

That left maybe an hour and a half, still. Not that big an island after all... I could probably walk from one side to the other in a day. These carts were pretty slow.

"Carts are licensed to go a little faster than this, but we have a policy of letting things go at their own pace, and not rushing things." Maisie would certainly soon learn the applications of that ethos, no doubt. "Bicycles are popular for children your age, although you're welcome to apply for a cart license once you come of age." Few girls do and most all boys did. "There's a lot to see on the island, though, and I hope that's enough for you — we don't see too much use for many of the luxuries you might have grown up with."

"How old do I have to be to drive?"

"Sixteen."

Cool. Only eight months out. At least I had that same luxury as I'd have back home, even if the cars here only did go a fifth the speed. I watched the trees go by quietly, and it looked like we were going past some farms now. Nothing very interesting.

"Why did you ask if I wanted a sister?"

"Well, one particular family has been quite a promising selection in going over your files, but they have a child of about your age, and if you feel like you wouldn't like that we can select one of the others on our list. You wouldn't be upsetting anybody, I'll have you know — they don't even know they're being considered, so nobody will have hurt feelings." The island was south-west some degree of the continental US, but less south and less west than Hawaii.  It was a tropical island, but the ocean rifts in this area kept a wonderful cool breeze washing over on even the warmest days.

"...I don't know if I want a sister or not." A girl my age. It made my head a little dizzy. I looked up at the sky and bit my lip. This would determine which family I got, wouldn't it? Which one I'd live with for the next three years? Big decision… "I'm..." Deep breath. "I'm not sure..."

"Well, you don't have to decide right now. I'm sure you have more questions you'd like to know the answers to." Truthfully, they'd probably place her with the Cress family no matter what, because a sister her age could be useful for her assimilation into the culture. New arrivals were rare, but they did happen, and there were rules in place to govern them and ensure they didn't disturb the peace.

The ride was arduous. The sun was high in the sky when we finally stopped in a busy town square, with nice two-story buildings and a fountain.  The whole thing reminded me of Back to the Future, except not at all. They had a clock tower, though! This one worked. I got out of the little cart and looked around. People dressed like modern versions of old movies...

"This way, Maisie." There were people of all ages, girls and boys and men and women, though one particular group of girls seemed to catch Maisie's eye — there were four of them, and all of them wore dresses.  Pretty and juvenile dresses, the sort of thing perfect for warmer weather... if you were six. "We're going to get your biometrics.” DNA and fingerprints were kept in Lillikol Hall for all citizens of the island, and this was merely to confirm that she was in fact the same girl who had been born here. "Once we're done, you'll be allowed to busy yourself in the library until a decision has been made." The library was public, attached to the western wing of the government building, and the layout was similar in all five towns.

I followed the man through the hallway and kept looking back at the doors. Those girls... why did they dress like that? They weren't kids. Maybe it was just a location thing. Probably a school play, actually. I followed the man into a room where he put ink on my fingers. I pushed each of them to paper and he took a strand of my hair, and a swab of my saliva. Fun fun fun. "This way for the library, you said?" He nodded and I went my own way.

The library was actually pretty impressive — despite the single level appearance from the outside, it actually had a deep basement level which was overlooked by the ground level through a large opening with an iron guard rail, somewhat like a shopping mall. There were many books on this level, and even more by the look of it on the lower one. Furthermore, the basement level had tables in the center, many of which were occupied by people with books. For a culture that didn't have the internet or television or radio, it made sense that books were held in such reverence.

I leaned down over the railing, looking at the girls and boys. The boys had a similar look - dress shirt, dress pants. Some had a jacket, but some of the dress shirts were short sleeved. Almost none had ties or bowties or even shirts buttoned to their necks. Just nice looking people in a casual way. The girls, however, ranged from overdressed toddlers to almost fetishized school-attire. Nothing was slutty - even less slutty than back home, but no girl wore pants. No. Girl. Wore. Pants. Except me... what the hell...

• Like 11

2.)

"Quite a sight, isn't it?" Only half an hour had passed since the girl had come to the library, and Mr. Olive was smiling contently with a paperwork packet in his hands, in a pale pink folder. "Your town has a library just like this one, and you're welcome to check out as many books as you like here and return them there, if you so choose. I don't know if you're so much of a reader or not, but it's quite a popular past-time here — often the boys your age will read to one of the girls. Very wholesome, I assure you."

"So I noticed," I said dryly. I'd been doing nothing but observing for the past half an hour. It seemed people very rarely came up to the top floor if not to exit, enter, or get books. No one talked to me, though a couple people noticed and pointed to their friends. I had my arms crossed. I didn't like this.

"You've an air of melancholy; is there something the matter?" Obviously, Maisie stood out when compared against her contemporaries, and a girl of fifteen in pants was a very big social faux-pas around here.  But people were polite enough to not make a public issue of it — though teenagers did tend to gossip no matter where they lived.

"Why are the girls dressed like that? Like, as kids, or whatever? And why don’t they wear pants? That's so... sexist, don't you think?" I wasn't sure how the politics were around here. Fuck, maybe I'd be killed for those words! Ugh, I should be more tactful. "I just mean, guys and girls are the same... gender doesn't matter."

"Well, it's important to take into consideration foreign cultures, Maisie. A woman from the middle-east would wear a hijab, where a man would not. It's not that one way is more right than the other, it's just that different cultures have different practices." And Maisie would also be wearing clothes not too dissimilar from the ones worn by those she was quick to criticize.

A girl walked past and Mr. Olive raised his hand to get her attention. “Excuse me, Reese?" The girl turned and smiled, cheerfully dipping into a curtsey in her orange dress.

"Hello, Mister Olive! How are you today?"

"I'm well, Reese, quite well. This is Maisie, she's come here from the mainland. She'd like to know if you'd prefer to wear the same clothes boys wear."

"Like... pants and stuff? Oh gosh no. No no no. Can you even think of the hassle that would be?"

"Quite. And nobody is forcing you to dress the way you are, are they?"

"Not at all, Mister Olive, no way. And besides, do you think anybody else could dress this cute?" She smiled brightly at Maisie and half-dipped in greeting. "It's nice to meet you, Maisie."

“It's nice to meet you, too..." The girl bounded off with a smile, toward the library stairs, and I blinked a little bit in surprise. Maybe she was right. Maybe this man was right. "Okay... so it's a social thing. I get that. And girls can wear pants?"

"People may stare, but you are entitled."

Okay. Right. Alright... "Sorry for judging. It's just odd to me."

"Adjustment will take some time, I'm sure." He smiled curtly and gestured to the folder in his hands. "We've selected the Cress family as your host, you'll be in living in Kita, which is the town on the North of the island. If you're curious, you're in Lillikol Proper, and the towns are Kita in the North, Nishi in the East, Minami in the South and Azuma in the West, where you arrived by plane. Kita is quite a lovely place to live, and there are many rock-pools and inlets near the coast that children your age are quite fond of." Truthfully, all five of the towns had their own perks, though most of the youth romanticized Nishi above all for the beautiful emerald waters lapping at white beaches.

“That sounds... nice?" We were outside again, and he situated himself back on the cart. Really? That was it? No, like, meetings or anything. Just hang out for half an hour and get a family? I bit my lip and climbed into the other side of the cart. "Another two hours?”

"A touch under."

Great...

"Toward the north of the island, the winds are a little calmer and the trees grow much larger, often with canopies that shade the road. I think you'll like it, Maisie." It only took about fifteen minutes for the denser vegetation to become apparent, and - far from claustrophobic - it actually made the drive seem like something out of a storybook.  The woodland sweetened the breeze and the shade above cooled the air and the sound of running water was always ever-present. "Springs well up on this side of the island, and the ones closer to Lillikol Proper are the source of all our fresh water. The ones closer to Kita form pools and streams and crystal clear lagoons."

“If we’re in the middle of the ocean, why are the springs fresh water?”

“They pull water up from the ground.  We also have a large lake of fresh water.”

I guess that made sense. I didn't know how islands worked, clearly. The trees made the road green and dim, but happy, too. Like green sunshine. And we drove for a long time. Very few kids were on the sides of the paths, and sometimes the paths would lead into the forests. By the time the tree line broke, it was well over an hour later. Less farm lands up here, it seemed.

"School finishes at 2pm, so I expect you'll see many more children as we get closer to town." And they did, too, in groups, on bikes, seldom alone and even more interesting, seldom in mixed gender groups.  It wasn’t until they got to the outskirts of Kita that there started to be smaller groups of both genders, and even then it was usually one boy to a number of girls.

The smell of the ocean was clear again, and the soft sound of the afternoon waves lazily lapping against the shore filled the air.  Though the town was a good hundred feet above the coast below, stairs were cut into the descent.  Even as Mr. Olive drove the cart along the road that followed the cliffs, there were kids visible down below.  There was not much of a beach, but many assorted rock-pools.

"Wow..." Bathing suits were pretty similar to what I was used to. The girl's seemed to wear over-dresses and one pieces, but altogether, not that different at all. I leaned back in the cart and watched as we made our way into the city. We didn't go downtown, though. We turned to the right and out toward more trees.

"Here we are." Contrary to the center of Lillikol Proper, which was a business district, Mr. Olive pulled the cart over on a suburban road; the houses has generous blocks of land, but they tended to extend backward so that the residences weren't too far from one another. Here and there were carts like the one that Mr. Olive drove, and often in different colors.  More commonly, bikes peppered the streets, marking the houses with children. "Mister and Miss Cress will be expecting you, so you can go on inside." The front door seemed to be open, too, though the same could be said of just about every house they'd driven past.

"...I just go inside?"

"That you do, Maisie."

"...you're not coming with me?"

"They've been briefed on your arrival."

"...but... but I just go in, and I live there now?"

"In so few words."

"...but what if I need to get a hold of you."

"I'm no longer in charge of your case."

...this was fucking weird...

"What if I don't like them?"

"They're your parents. You're not supposed to like them."

"...what if they hit me?"

"Call the police. They take those allegations very seriously."

"...but..." But I had no other questions. I stumbled out of the car, nervous, and the man waved and drove off. I stood on the street corner, dumbfounded.

-----------------------

Thanks for reading! ^_^  Please Like, Comment, and check us out on Patreon!

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Baby Billy said:

I really liked this I looked on my patron page and did not find it, but I am a low donor so maybe I don't get it.

Our Patreon is pretty much $5 for everything.  The $1 tier is mostly support.  And anything over 5 bucks is like... superfluous.  We try to be accessible. ^_^ 

25 minutes ago, Hopsalot said:

Another thing that’s now got my mind stirring is the possibility of another story on this island from the perspective of a boy whose new and feels awkward around the girls and treating them in a more juvenile way, or if both the new boy and the new girl met each other and start acting in the ways that are typical of the island because they both think the other is really attractive and want to fit in for them.

THIS is a really interesting idea!!  Unfortunately "new people" are extremely rare and Maisie is one of the first in history to arrive in Lillikol without any knowledge of it existing prior.  But I'd love to see a story like this. ^_^ 

THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS!!

3.)

"And you would be Maisie? Please come in sweetheart." Sugar Cress was typical of many of the moms in the neighborhood: polite and chipper and endlessly hospitable, with a plate of cookies on the counter and a pitcher of sweet-tea. "I was hoping that Julienne would beat you home so we could talk to her about your arrival, but that's no problem. You must be famished, sweetheart, please sit down and eat up, would you like some iced-tea?" Her hair was chocolate colored and her skin quite pale, a strange phenomenon for a woman who lived in what amounted
to a tropical island.

"Um... yes, please..." She poured me a glass and I walked quietly through the house. It was nice. Two stories. Two living rooms. A kitchen connected to the dining room. A patio in the back, by the looks of it. There were stairs. Up. Maybe down, if I could find the proper door. Bathroom. Nice walls. Trimmings. Paint. Ordinary... "I like your home..."

"Our home, dear."

...right... I took a cookie and bit into it. "Oh my God, these are so good..."

"You wouldn't be the first to say so — and you're a part of the family now, so I'll teach you how to make them once you'e all settled in. Julienne usually makes them before bed most nights to take to school." Sugar smiled proudly, gingerly nibbling on one cookie herself. "You and Julienne have bedrooms in the basement, with a living room.  Would you like me to show you to your room?" Basements were common in houses here, and daughters being allowed basement bedrooms were even more common.  It was necessary for a girl to have a place of her own once she turned sixteen, for the next eight or so years.

“Um... sure. Alright..." She led me through a door - as I suspected - and down a flight of carpeted stairs. Damn, this house was nice. In the basement, there was a small living room with a couch and books. No television. That was a little disappointing. Actually, I hadn't seen any TVs yet since getting here. They did, however, have a stereo and a collection of CDs. I recognized a few of the names on the covers. Off to the right was a hallway with two doors. I'd later learn one to be the laundry room. Then, across the room, there were two more. Both open, and a bedroom through each.

"We'll have some nicer furnishings for you in a few days; they're sending some provisions from Lillikol Proper for you. Until then things are a little sparse, I'm afraid." There was a bed - a queen with a canopy and dressings to match - and a vanity with a large oval mirror.  The closet in the corner was open with a small selection of colorful dresses. This was sparse, apparently. "Julienne will take you shopping for something more... appropriate, when she gets home. I hope this is all okay, sweetheart."

"Um... yeah, yeah, it's really nice..." Wow. I mean, it was a little... unlike me. But it was a room. A real room. Not a dorm. Not a shared space. It was an actual bedroom. And it was the first bedroom I had in a long time. I felt so dizzy with possibility... "I love it... thank you very much."

"Of course. You're welcome to have a look in Julienne's room if you'd like some ideas of things you might want to do with your room." The door was open, of course, and the veritable lilac wonderland awaited within; she had a canopy bed, too, but her curtains were much more ornate, and she had cute little plushies adorning all four of her pillars, and more on her dresser. She had shelves with trophies and awards and even a nature painting with a note written in the bottom right corner — from the boy she'd been dating at the time.

"Yes ma'am..."

"You're welcome to call me Mama," she said with a smile, and noticing the discomfort on my face, corrected herself.

"Or Sugar."

"...sugar?"

"My first name."

...wow. Um. "Alright... I just... I don't know how I feel about the... new parents thing just yet..."

"Of course."

Ugh, this was so awkward...

"I'll leave you to get acquainted with things down here," She smiled and kissed the girl’s forehead, and then added, "Julienne will be home soon, and I'll let her know the situation, but she's always wanted a little sister so I bet she'll be giddy." From the sight of the bedroom it has difficult to imagine Julienne being her big sister, but she was a few months older so the fact certainly held true.

The couch was comfortable. The stereo worked. They had radio channels. I looked through the CDs, picking out bands I knew. They had some good music here, too! If a little older... nothing earlier than 2006. I should have brought my iPod. They had electricity. Power outlets. Normal home stuff. Just no TV. No TV... ugh. Why didn't they have a TV?

"Maisie?" The girl who stood at the bottom of the stairs with a big smile on her face looked... well ‘excited’ was one word. Another, with her pretty short-all dress in deep pink with a white under-top, would be... ‘childish’. She didn't really act childish, though. "I'm Julienne, it's really nice to meet you. I'm really sorry about your parents... are you holding up okay?" Despite the dress, and her pigtails, and her big excited smile, Julienne seemed pretty down to earth!

She was eight years old, right? Definitely not fifteen. Definitely, definitely not. I just stared, really stared, and she looked at my jeans, at my top, and then at my eyes with a bright smile. So. So. Weird.

"I... um... I'm okay... yeah... it's... um... I'm Maisie." Wow. Great first impression there.

"And you must feel so awkward in those clothes, I'm sorry — did they make you wear that on the plane? You can borrow something of mine, why don't you have a look? I'm going to get changed." She didn't go to her room, though; she went down to the other hall and the door opposite the laundry.  It wasn’t even two minutes later when Sugar came down the stairs and went down the same hallway.

Okay… I walked awkwardly to the girl's room, looking through her closet. But I wouldn't wear any of it. I mean, no offense to her fashion sense, but I wasn't that kind of person. I wasn't going to play by their weird dress-only lifestyle. I'd wear pants. That man, Mr. Olive, said I could. When Julienne came back out, I was still in my clothes, sitting on the couch and looking through CDs. She bit her lip. She seemed to be in the same clothes, so I guess she hadn’t changed yet.

"Do you need a change, too, Maisie? Mom can change you, she's very good at it."

"She probably had Mr. Olive change her, Julienne, don't be pushy. I'll be upstairs with cookies and tea once you two figure out what Maisie is going to wear."

Julienne watched her Mom go upstairs and then sat next to the girl on the sofa. "Are my clothes not nice enough, Maisie? I thought my clothes were pretty nice..."

"Oh, no they're fine." I had no idea what they were talking about. Her mom changed her clothes? "It's just not really my style, if you understand. I like my jeans." I tugged at the denim for explanation and went back to sorting CDs.

"Well... the thing is, girls don't really wear jeans around here. Boys do, but only once they Train Out..." Her voice trailed off, and she tried to explain. "I mean, if you leak you might not even know for a while in jeans, and they make changing really troublesome. Dresses and skirts are a lot better, because they're easy to change with, and also if your boyfriend wants to check you..." She bit her lip and smiled coyly, looking away. "Well, he can just flip it up..."

"...flip up your dress?” She stared at me. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at the girl harshly. "I don't intend to let any guys flip up my dress, or skirt, or anything! So pants will do just fine, alright?" I was snarky. I didn't mean to be so rude, but I wasn't like that.

"Well... okay. It's kinda nice when a boy likes you enough to check on you, though... haven't you ever had a boyfriend? You're fifteen right, thats what Mama said." Quite the enigma this girl was, too! "Okay, so you're in the park, and you're watching a concert, and you're sitting in the grass and the ocean is behind the stage, and you're cuddling really close with him, right? And he kisses you, and while he does he checks if you need changing." Her cheeks were scarlet. "You don't find that kinda nice...?"

"...I have no idea what you're talking about." I was blushing, more so because the idea of some boy and I lying on the grass, cuddling. I quickly turned my attention back to the CDs. "I... I like jeans, alright? I'm not a dress person..."

"But dresses are easier.  Mama is already so busy - you don’t want to make it harder for her, right?  And it’s rude to make some boy fumble around with pants, just to check…” Julienne sighed and shook her head, pouting. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be pushy. Maybe girls just wear pants where you're from, and I know you need time to adjust."

"...what are you talking about? Listen. I don't know how things are here, but I'm not letting some boy into my pants on a grassy hill at a concert, okay? That's disgusting! If... if I liked a boy, and if we were dating for a very long time and if I was okay with him doing something like that - and that's a big if - then we'd be doing it somewhere private, like my bedroom, okay! Jeeze..." Oh man. I couldn’t believe the first conversation I was having with my new sister was about sex.

"...you shouldn't let a boy change you in your bedroom, that's a little trampy." She nodded sagely and looked at her adopted sister with concern. "Is that common where you're from? For boys to take you to your room to change you? I don't know how I feel about that. Your bedroom is a safe place, and you want to be on Daddy-terms way before you'd do that..."

........okay. Okay, wait. Daddy terms? What the fuck did that even mean? And then it hit me. Maybe, just maybe… we weren't talking about the same thing. Had I missed something? Or was the lingo different here. "...are we talking about sex?"

"Sex?" Her eyes went wide and she shook her head. "Sex is not polite conversation..." Though her cheeks were as pink as could be. "I mean, it's okay if your boyfriend is okay with you talking about it, but that's not... I mean, gosh, Maisie...I..." Julienne was obviously flustered. She stood up and looked away shyly.

Oh... I climbed up from the sofa too, nervously rubbing my arm. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry. I thought... I thought that's what you were talking about! That's why I got... shit, okay, nevermind. Forget I said it. I just didn't understand what you're saying..."

Okay, so they had a communication issue — at least Julienne knew now. "I was talking about the boyfriend/diaper dynamic. Like, when he changes you and stuff." Honestly, sex was a part of that by the time girls got to Julienne’s age, and her last boyfriend loved to play tickles with her when changing. But that wasn't something girls talked about, not unless the circumstances were right.

"...um...." The boyfriend/diaper dynamic. Was this like, a cool phrase or something? Like some kind of... metaphor? I didn't get it. Not in the slightest... "I'm sorry, I... I have no idea what you're talking about..." She looked like she thought I was lying. "I swear! I'm trying here!"

Julienne took a deep breath. "Okay. Um. Okay. Look, you know... when you're young, everybody wears diapers. And then boys grow out of them when they turn ten. And girls don't until we're about twenty, sometimes older and that's okay. So when we start dating... it's customary for our boyfriend to change us, instead of always relying on Mom or one of the school nurses." This was all simple stuff, plain and logical as could be.

.........um. "...is this a joke?" She just stared at me. I stared back. Neither of us said something for a minute and I bit my lip. She was kidding. She was pulling one over on me. This was some weird little trick. Trick the new girl! Make her feel stupid! Ha ha. “You expect me to believe all girls wear diapers? That... that doesn't even make sense.”

"Of course we do." She lifted her dress to show hers, like it was the most casual thing in the world... which, to her, it was. "Mama just changed me earlier, remember?" Both girls seemed to think the other was missing something fundamental about the world, and Julienne frowned and took a breath. "All girls do, until we train out, but that's a few years away still..."

...well. She wasn't lying. At the very least, she was honest about herself. I was a little floored. Okay, I nearly fell to the literal floor. I bit my lip and opened my mouth to talk, then closed it. I didn't have the words for this.

-----------------------

Thanks for reading! ^_^  Please Like, Comment, and check us out on Patreon!

• Like 7

That was a great chapter, I was waiting for the diapers to get mentioned.  I guess her new mother thinks she is already has one on, can't wait till she says she has to use the bathroom, going to be a big fight on our hands.

Yes, it was cute when neither of them understood what the other was talking about... and we caught on as soon as Julienne said she was going to get changed!

Now to wait and see... will she just end up in diapers because its expected or is there something about this island that will regress her to needing them?

Patience girl, patience she says to herself...

4.)

"P-please put your dress down, Jesus..."

She did. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. Okay. Okay... weird... okay...

"Um... um... Julienne..." Okay. Um. "Y-you're..." Um. "Girls..." Who ever in their lives would have to have this conversation?! "...girls are potty trained at like two years old..."

As incredulous and concerned as Maisie looked, Julienne returned the look in kind and shook her head slowly. "Nuhuh. Girls develop a lot slower, and not even boys are out of diapers until they turn ten. And that's boys and we are not boys, Julienne." Did that mean that Maisie didn't wear diapers? That was so... unattractive. No boy would want her; it was a social thing! "Look... boys like it that we wear diapers, because it helps for us to show our submission and dependence on them, and letting a boy change you is a big part of a relationship — it's second base, right after kissing."

"UM! UM! NO! NOOOO!"

"You don't just...! You're not...! Oh my god. Okay. Okay, listen. I don't know what fucked up person puts this shit in your head, but you're not submissive to guys. You're not dependent on guys! You're any boy's equal! You're a human being, not some... fucking... toy! You're not there to make them feel powerful! You're your own person!!"

Julienne looked at her adopted sister with a full spectrum of emotion, started at shock and melding to concern and to worry and then to intimidated sadness accompanied by a few steps backwards as she shook her head.

"Please don't yell at me, I don't like being yelled at... please? Please and thank you, okay?" She didn't sound like a child with the way she spoke, she sounded perfectly mature — a perfectly mature girl who was legitimately frightened for her safety.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do... I bit my lip and looked at the girl, scared... like... like she was assaulted or something. Had something happened to her? I went past her and up the stairs, finding Sugar in the kitchen, cutting up some peppers for dinner. I looked nervously at her, then at the stairs, and back at her once again.

"Um... I... I think somethings wrong with Julienne... she's..." How do I explain this? "She's just... really upset all of a sudden... I think maybe something happened to her..."

"That's unusual, she was fine a few minutes ago." Sugar finished cutting the peppers and ran her fingers under the water of the basin — she knew her daughter well enough to know that there was nothing she couldn't talk to her about. "What happened? Tell me everything, sweetheart, it'll help me to take care of her because she doesn't communicate the best when she's upset."

"I'm... I'm really not sure. She started talking about how she needs to be like, subservient to guys or whatever, and I told her she didn't. And she freaked out..." And that's when I figured... maybe her wearing diapers was less common than she let on. What if a boy convinced her... "She said she's not toilet trained or anything, and... I'm really worried. If... if a guy forced himself on her..." It made my stomach drop. I'd only lived here an hour or two, and now this....?

"Well, this is much more serious than I'd feared..." Sugar's voice sounded very concerned, though it wasn't about her daughter, well... not her blood daughter. It was much more to do with Maisie, who didn't seem to understand the way of the world. She'd have quite a lot to learn, living here, especially to do with her role in society. Sugar wasn't oblivious to the fact the girl might have learned things a different way, but this...

My eyes lit up at the realization. Thank GOD someone understood. Thank God someone could help her. "She's just downstairs, and she was kind of upset, and... I mean, I think I might have made it worse by yelling, so I thought you could go make her-" But Sugar took my shoulders in her hands and ran her fingers through my hair. I froze, looking up, a little lost and deeply confused.

Sugar took a deep breath, thinking carefully about the topic as she played with the girl’s hair. How much did she have wrong about the world? She thought that boys and girls were equal, that a girl as young as Julienne should be potty-trained? It was ludicrous. But obviously she believed the nonsense she was spouting.

"Sweetheart, I need you to listen to me very carefully, okay? Listen to Mommy, and be a good girl.  You have a little to learn I see." Then, despite her relatively small size (though bigger than Maisie,) Sugar lifted the girl up and set her against her hip, holding her like a large toddler. "You're such a cutie, yes you are... Mommy's cute little princess."

My cheeks went crimson as she sat me on the counter, my jeans against the marble, and I opened my mouth to talk. She put her finger against my lips and played with my hair, whispering cute things. I... I didn't understand what was happening... "Y-you're... she's d-downstairs, and she's upset...."

"She's going to be fine, sweetheart, I expect she's worried about you — the same as I am." What were they teaching children on the mainland nowadays? This was no way for a girl of Lillikol blood to have been raised. Her voice stayed calm and soft as she cooed between words and kept the girl at the whims of her fingertips. "Girls your age are still developing into pretty young women, and are not ready for adult responsibilities. You're just a pretty princess, Maisie... pretty Maisie... you need to focus on your studies, and learning from your Mommy, and learning how to talk to boys. It's so much to learn already, don't you think?"

...I didn't understand... I didn't get it. I bit my lip, and I opened my mouth, and I shook my head, and I tried to think of something to say. What was she telling me? I didn't get it! "I... I'm fifteen years old. I'm not a kid... I can talk to boys just fine..." Not romantically. Not well. But I was getting there!

“Mmm... you're just confused, is all. You were raised with things in the wrong order. Girls have so much more to learn than boys. Boys only have to learn how to have a good job, and how to take care of a girl he finds very special. We have so much more to learn, we're truly special, and we do things differently to boys. Boys and girls are different, sweetheart, not better or worse, just different. And different from boys is okay. Isn't it?" Well. Different from boys was okay. Being different from society? That was not good.

"Y-you think it's healthy?!" This whole family was insane. "You think it's healthy to... to think you're property of some guy? That you have to serve him or whatever?!" I didn't remember her exact words. Something about being submissive and needy. "I don't need a guy. And neither does she. Girls can take care of themselves!"

"We're like puzzle pieces, sweetheart. Boys take care of us, and we take care of them. They complete us, and we complete them." She could see that things were going to be a little more complicated than that when it came to this girl, though, so Sugar decided to start from the start. Gingerly, she sat on the stool next to the counter, and then pulled the girl easily until her body was on the counter and her head was in her lap, simple to do with her fingers through the girls hair and her soft tones. Gently she lifted her top, and unfastened the panel in the front of her bra, pushing her nipple between the girls lips as her soft tones went firmer. "Relax, you're Mama's good girl.  Relax and suck, be a good girl now..."

I stumbled off the counter in a panic, my entire body shaking and my cheeks the color of apples. The green or the red, either was probably applicable. I felt sick to my stomach. I tore myself down the hallway and out the front door, nearly tripping down the front steps. The sun was still up, but it was working its way into the evening. A couple kids were on the streets, but I didn't know where to go. They were crazy. I was left with crazy people! I ran next door, knocking gently, and glancing back at my home.

-----------------------

• Like 6

Really good, but I think the neighbor will just calm her down and bring her back like you would do with any young child that is acting up.  I got the feeling the whole island is like this an it is the norm there.  Nice touch with the breast feeding.

12 hours ago, Hopsalot said:

Other thoughts: were Maisie’s parents both from lilikol? Why did they leave? How did they react to the mainland? 

Both Maisie's parents were born on Lillikol, as was Maisie. They left when Maisie was less than a year old because they "wanted more out of life". They moved to Oregon and worked tirelessly to fit in with this new culture of high expectations.  American society has a lot of judgement, whereas Lillikol is much more lax. Maisie, however, didn't fit in at all (as most teenagers don’t!).  As time went on, Maisie’s parents grew more and more disappointed in their daughter, who couldn’t fit society’s standards of “normal”, and they gave up on her.

5.)

"Thank you for calling," Sugar smiled apologetically to the Doriman family.  Her daughter was sitting at the dining room table in their house, wiping tears from her eyes. "She's been taught some horrible things, and she's having trouble adapting."

"It's quite alright, Sugar," Mr. Doriman said, "Maybe she could spend the afternoon with our Kodi? He could show her around, and set her nerves at ease."

The adult spoke as though the frightened girl wasn't even there, and Sugar sighed and smiled. "Perhaps, if he wouldn't mind. I know he's a popular boy and all. What do you think about that, Maisie? Would you like to have Kodi show you around?"

I glared at my should-be-Mom and crossed my arms over my chest. She did her best to smile, but it was obvious she didn't feel quite so smily. I felt a little ill about it all, but soon enough, she left. These people, though... they weren't any more sane. Were they? I stayed at the table, because every time I tried to stand, the man would push my shoulders back into place. I played with my fingers. "You can't honestly mean this is how things are..." They didn't answer me. I guess because I wasn't their kid...

Kodi came up from the basement after his Mom had filled him in, and he looked at the girl in her pants and with streaky cheeks. She was far from attractive like that, but she had potential. "Come on, kiddo. Let's go for a walk, alright? Blow off some steam." Like most boys his age, Kodi had a strong frame and a face somewhat crossed between pretty and handsome. His hair was dark, but his eyes were as blue as blue could get. Most of all, he seemed calm and collected.

I got up and left, which the parents both allowed me to do. We got to the end of the walkway and he turned right, but I stopped in my tracks. He looked back at me, at my house, and turned around, walking me in the opposite direction. I followed, biting my lip. Could I outrun him? He was pretty tall... "What's with this cult shit? Why is everyone all into women acting like devoted toddlers?"

Toddlers? Naw, it's not like that, kiddo." There always seemed to be a smile waiting behind Kodi’s features waiting to break through, quiet and confident and pretty attractive, too. "Look. Dogs eat meat, people eat meat. But that doesn't mean people are dogs, right? Yeah, girls wear diapers and dresses, and so do toddlers, but that's true of girl and boy toddlers. But that doesn't mean they're the same thing."

...in some broken, fucked up, roundabout way, I knew he had a point. Diapers do not equal children. They weren't children. Women were people. Just people who had something in common with children. I bet men had something in common with dogs, too, other than the meat eating. Like licking their own balls or something. I sighed and crossed my arms.

"It's fucking weird, okay?"

"You're weirder. Especially your language."

"...well... where I come from-"

"Isn't where you'll be living for the next ten years."

“Touché..."

"What?"

"It's French..."

"Yeah, well, we speak English here. And cussing is about the most unattractive thing a girl can do, kiddo." It was right up there with changing her own diaper, but it didn't seem like the right time to mention that the moment. The direction he led her wound down to a footpath that ran parallel to the coast below, and it was calm and beautiful, the wind gentle off the ocean and the waves not turbulent yet. "I know things might be different other places in the world. I mean I've thought about it. But here, we do things this way, and it works. And you try and find one girl who's sad about it, you won't. So what's the issue, right?"

"...I'm sad about it."

"Why?"

"Because... it's objectifying women. It's making them seem less important than men. Like... like girls have to be in diapers twice as long, right? That's bullshit. Because they both potty train at like two years old! I have no idea why you guys don't!"

"Did you?"

"Did I what?"

"Potty train at two years old."

I bit my lip and looked away from the boy. "That's none of your damn business..."

"Maybe where you come from, they force it in people with shame and pressure, and that can really mess someone up." Not a lot was taught about it in schools, but enough to know that there were a lot of benefits to the way that thing were done here. "You didn't at two, right? I bet your parents acted like something was wrong with you. Maybe you don't remember, but I bet they pushed you, and shamed you, and that's part of why you have so much trouble with this. Association, right?  You get mad about it, mad at those other girls here who are happy like this."

I opened my mouth to refute him, but his words hurt my chest. I stopped on the foot path and looked out at the ocean. He stopped, too. I wonder if he was told to watch me. I wonder if he'd chase me if I ran... "It's... not like that..." Wasn't it? I mean, I was potty trained by five, proper. But my bedwetting lasted until I was eleven. Not every night, but some nights. And I... I never told anyone. I was so ashamed. I was still ashamed... I felt sick.

"What we do is natural. You grew up in a place where you forced standards on everybody, even though everyone develops at different rates." Kodi turned around and walked back toward Maisie. "I can see it in you eyes, kiddo, you're ashamed. You developed slower than what was normal, and I bet you couldn't stay over with friends or anything?"

"Fuck you!" I pushed the boy when he got too close and started my way up the slope again. He was quick to catch up, and I was just... pissed off. Pissed off at him for being so right, and pissed off at myself for letting him say those things about me. I hated this... "Just... whatever. If it makes them happy, whatever. But I'm not like that." Then again, no one ever said I had to be. No one said I was forced into their situation... actually, they said the opposite. Mr. Olive said I could do whatever I wanted...

"Then be different if you want." He shrugged his shoulders. "There are rules. Denying diapers is seen as you giving up freedom. So you're only allowed to wear grey clothes until you’re of age. We don't see it much - I've only see it once, and she went back to diapers a week after that." They were heading into woodland, slowly but surely, and the sun was lower on the horizon than it had been. The ocean shimmered on the underside of the tree canopies. "Wanna see the treehouse I built when I was twelve? It's just up ahead."

"No." But as he walked on ahead of me, I followed him anyway. I guess I didn't have much in the way of places to go. The sun was starting to set, and I'd have to get home soon.  Back to that house.  With those people.  But all this was just a huge misunderstanding.  The biggest misunderstanding of my life…

"See?" He stopped a little while into the woods and pointed upward — and it was high up there, too, a surprisingly well built tree-fort sitting below the canopy. "I used to spend a lot of time up there when I was younger, it's what I did after I trained out because I wasn't so good at talking to girls yet. Later on, it became pretty good at getting girls to like me. Turns out treehouses are a pretty good thing, right? Anyway, I should get you home — I bet you think the same, right? Sugar is a really good Mom, you got lucky."

...he built that thing? Jeeze. We didn't go up. Maybe that was a good thing - as okay as I was with planes, I couldn't say the same for heights. I bit my lip and we left the canopies, making our way back up the road. I stayed a couple steps behind the boy. This whole day had been a complete joke... and now I was a part of it.

"Look. I dated Julienne for a spell. She's a nice girl, one of the smartest girls at school, so maybe you should listen to her some. She'll help you out. And Sugar and Mace are great parents, just remember that you can leave when you come of age, but until then this is home." He stopped in front of the girl’s new house and shrugged his shoulders. "Might as well fit in, right?"

"If you think that means I'm gonna be another doting baby, you've got another thing coming." He smiled, and I left his side, making my way up to the front door. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to knock or what, but since it was my house, I decided just to go inside. I'd have to apologize... I was dreading it. And I'd still yet to meet my new Dad.

-----------------------

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

"Maybe where you come from, they force it in people with shame and pressure, and that can really mess someone up." 

"Then be different if you want." He shrugged his shoulders. "There are rules. Denying diapers is seen as you giving up freedom. So you're only allowed to wear grey clothes until you’re of age.

Don't  these statements directly contradict each other?  I mean it feels like peer pressure in either case, and both are done for the benefit of that target right?

4 hours ago, Samriis said:

They do contradict each other, as do most societies. XD Even the grey clothes thing is a... hm.  A bit of an exaggeration.  The grey clothes thing is intended to be a way of school staff identifying people who are trained out, but it grew into more of a cultural faux pas.  Beyond that, the law is hardly enforced.  Maisie doesn't know that, though. :D 

6.)

Sugar was in the kitchen when the girl came home, and the smell of wonderful baking had filled the kitchen and was overflowing to the adjacent rooms: the smell of herbs and vegetables and everything delicious. "Welcome home, sweetheart. Dinner's almost ready.” It was like nothing had happened, at least as far as her words went. “Your Dad is in his den if you'd like to introduce yourself, and Julienne is doing her homework."

I bit my lip and looked around the kitchen, taking another step closer to Sugar. She was very nice to me. She was just treating me how she treated her daughter. I freaked out. I knew that... "I'm... really sorry for how I acted. I mean... I didn't know that... I thought you were just... I mean, I know you were only treating me like you treat Julienne, and... and I guess that means a lot to me. I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner..."

"I know, sweetheart, don't worry about it. I knew you'd need some time to adjust when we go the call to say we'd be adopting you." Her tone sounded a little strained, despite her words, but it could have been because of the large baking tray she was handling as she basted the leg of pork to ensure a good crackling. "I just hope that you'll do your best to fit in, and make some friends, because I really want nothing more than for you to be happy here."

"Okay..." She was still upset. I knew that tone. My mom used that tone. I didn't like it. It made me feel inadequate. Like I wasn't a good daughter. The worst part was, I didn't know how to fix it... so I shook myself off her and went toward the den to meet... what was his name? Mace?

"Ah, Maisie, I presume? Come." Just like Kodi, Mace seemed to be of a sizable frame, although he was sitting at his desk with a typing terminal — the screen black and text green as he typed on the clacking keyboard for a moment longer before standing up to regard the girl, at least a foot taller than she was. He wrapped his arms around her and cuddled her close to him, putting one large hand on her back. "I heard you had some troubles with your Mom and sister today, would you like to tell me about that?"

Wow. Okay. I mean, I wasn't a small girl. 5'5, just about. Maybe the same height as my pseudo-sister. But he... he was big. I looked up at him while he hugged me and I figured this was exactly what it felt like to be a doll. He knelt down and still was only eye level. I was so taken aback... "It's... um... it was just a misunderstanding..."

"As most things tend to be, Maisie." His smile was almost as warm as his hug had been, and he gently ran his thumb under the girl’s eye where some of her eyeliner had streaked from earlier tears. "I think it would mean quite a lot to you Mom if you went downstairs and had your sister help pick you out something to wear for dinner, don't you?"

"...you mean one of those hideous dresses?" He gave me a little smile, a forced smile, and nodded his head. I sighed and closed my eyes tight. Seriously? What would that even prove... it wouldn't mean anything... "I don't like those... I'd be lying..."

"It would be a gesture, and gestures can mean quite a lot even when they're hollow. Put another way, it would make your Mom happy and it wouldn't hurt you, so it would be the decent thing to do. And it's not as though you'll be going out for the night again, will you?" Mace was pretty smart - it was where Julienne had gotten it - and that extended to both book-smarts and people-smarts.

"...fine." I hated this. I didn't want to wear a stupid toddler dress. I didn't want to look like Julienne did. I just wanted to wear my normal clothes and go about my normal life. But I'd caused a lot of trouble today, and she was nice to me... and I guess I needed to do better than an apology. So I left Mace alone and went back down into the basement. Julienne was on the couch. Was I supposed to apologize to her, too...?

"Hi..." Sugar had been quick to accept an apology as much as she could manage, but there was still a hint of something in Julienne's voice. She was... intimidated. Or at least, a little residual left over from the earlier encounter. She remember what it felt like to be yelled at, and nobody ever yelled at her that way. She bit her lip as she looked up from her book, but then went back to it as quickly as she'd paused.

Shit. I guess I've already made enemies of this whole damn town in one stupid day. I hated to accept it so blindly, but they were my family now. In some sense. But I didn't know how to handle sisters... I'd never had a sister. "...would..." Ugh, this was so hard... "I mean... I need to pick something to wear to dinner..." Would you help me? That's what I wanted to say. But it came out: "Are you gonna help me, or not...?"

Julienne frowned and looked down at her book, mustering what she knew about being graceful. Slowly, she stood up, and she approached her new sister, eyes still on her feet. And subsequently, she slapped her cheek.

"Manners. Manners are important. You'll wear what I put you in, and you won't whine about it, or you can go up there in those ugly cloths and feel ugly and know that you're disappointing Mom. Got it?" So much for grace...

I wanted to hit her. I wanted to hit her right back and push her on the floor and beat her up and send her to the damn hospital or whatever this town had in place of it! But I didn't. Because I probably deserved the slap, and because... of those last four words. Disappointing Mom... it rang familiar bells, and I bit hard my lip. I slowly nodded my head. "F-fine..."

”Good." She took her sister’s hand and went to her own bedroom, leaving Maisie at the bedside as she went to the closet. Dress. Shoes. Diaper. Bows. Not that she had many diapers in here, but occasionally with boyfriends it had come up, and she liked to be prepared. Everything was set down on the bedside, and she held up the diaper for emphasis. "You're going to wear this, or you're going to have a dress and no underwear. This isn't a choice, so you're going to wear this and be a good sister and a good daughter."

I winced at the words and slowly shook my head. "I-I'll go without underwear then. I'm not wearing that..." "Fine."

Fine? Really? I mean, I thought... after everything she said, she'd put up more of a fight? Right? I mean, wasn't that the point of this? But she merely took the top off from over my head and replaced it with the dress. I cooperated well enough, mostly because I was shocked...

Julienne knelt down and replaced Maisie’s shoes with the white mary-janes and then fussed briefly over her hair with the two bows, not saying another word. She was still upset at her sister, but the cooperation was going a long way. As she finished, the bell in the hall rang to signal that dinner was ready, and Julienne left her sister there, dressed up pretty, as she made her way upstairs. Maybe Maisie would follow, maybe she wouldn't, but dinner was ready and this was her chance to start making amends.

It was uncomfortable without the underwear, but they were sitting just beside my jeans. I could put them back on if I wanted. But she'd said no. Granted, she had no actual grounds over what I did, but I wanted to at least give her a reason to like me. So I went over to the mirror and tugged at the dress. I felt so nervous. I really did look like a child... but there was nothing I could do now. I slowly made my way up the stairs, dreading the fact I'd given into their childish demands so easily...

"I'm so proud of you, Maisie." Sugar was dishing up dinner in a pinafore, with both her husband and her daughter sitting readily at the table, and Maisie standing nervously in the pretty dress. "I was very worried that you'd be too wound up in your old ways to see the value in ours. Take a seat now, right there next to your sister."

Julienne smiled sweetly at the newest member of the family and watched as she walked past their father — Julienne knew what was coming. Casually, Mace put his arm around Maisie's waist and slipped his hand up her skirt.

"Did you forget something, my love?"

"Did she not fasten her diaper correctly?"

"At all, actually."

"Oh..." And that's all Sugar said, though her tone was invariably disappointed.

I flattened the dress with red cheeks, holding it down with the kind of trembling I kept specifically for scary movies. He'd just put his damn hand up my dress! I wanted to hit him, honestly, but I'd made enough of a fuss for one day. Enough that I just sat at the table and didn't care at all about Sugar's disappointment or about the food in front of me. I wasn't even hungry...

"Eat up now, sweetheart." Sugar sat down only after dishing up food for everybody else, and smiled at her family with as much joyous enthusiasm as she could muster. Maisie didn't make a move to eat her food, though, and Mace prompted her with a tone that was warm, but stern.

"Eat up now, Maisie — your Mom worked hard to make you a wonderful meal, and we repay her by enjoying it."

I took a bite. It was great, but I felt dry inside. Like sand. The water didn't help. I pulled my plate closer and took another bite. This was so hard. Acting normal, like he hadn't groped me. Like the girl beside me wasn't wearing a diaper. Like the woman across wasn't upset. And me. Like I belonged here...

"To be truthful, most people here are under the impression that our way is the only way of things in the world. As a part of the government's satellite branch here, I'm aware that things are different where you're from." Mace had led Maisie into his study after the meal, her look glassy and vacant, and he prompted for her to sit in his 'thinking chair' while he casually packed tobacco into his pipe. "I also get the impression that you weren't quite so close with your birth-parents, would that be true?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't like being in this room with him, not alone. My thigh still tingled where he ran his fingers. I felt sick to my stomach. I didn't sit down.

"Maisie..."

"I'd like to go to my room..." I felt like this was prison. That this island was another huge dorm room at some no-named school...

"Of course, you're free to do as you please.” His response had her look up, which was the most reaction she'd given in the past few minutes — maybe because she didn't expect he'd let her have her way. "If you'd like to talk about anything, any time, you can can come to me. This is your home, and I want for you to be comfortable more than you might realize."

I sat on my bed and looked at the wall. Julienne knocked a couple minutes later and I looked up. I had the blankets pulled over my dress. I kept looking for my jeans, but I couldn't find them anywhere. I hated this. I just wanted to go home...

"Maisie?"

"I don't want company... I'm tired..."

"I owe you an apology. I was cross earlier, and I set you up... I knew you wouldn't wear the diaper, and that if you were in a dress that Dad would check on you... it's not unusual, it's just what Dad's do." She smiled vaguely, her hands behind her back as she swung on her heels. "What I mean is, I'm supposed to be a good big sister, and that was not what a good sister would do."

"...people do that here? Just put their hands up a girl's dress without permission...?" I felt even sicker. "That's barbaric..." I wanted to throw up, now. The thought of that boy outside doing it, if I'd been in a dress then. "Am I supposed to just let them fuck me too..?"

"No! No no no! It is not sexual." Julienne’s cheeks were was red as the bow in her hair and she shook her head quickly. "They're just checking to see if we need changing. Typically one hand, two fingers in the leg-band to check for wetness, and no contact with your daisy. I mean. When you have a boyfriend and you've been with him for a while maybe... I don't know. I don't know. I just mean it's not sexual at all, it's just something that happens. It's innocent."

"Doesn't feel innocent..." She bit her lip and came over to me. And hugged me. She hugged me, like with her arms and stuff, and I let her. I wasn't used to getting hugs, and not from family. Not ever from family. So I put my head into her shoulder and let tears run down my cheeks. "I don't like it here... I wanna go back... I don't wanna be here anymore..."

"I think I'd feel the same way if I were where you're from, because it's new and new is almost always scary." Her tone was empathic, not sympathetic, understanding and not patronizing. She played fingers through Maisie's hair like a good big sister and held her close, letting her cry as much as she needed to cry. "The thing about new is that it doesn't stay new forever, and once it's not new anymore, it's not scary, either. You'll see."

It was a long time before either of them spoke, and it was Julienne that did.

"I'll talk to Mom and Dad about the diaper checks, okay?"

I nodded. She helped me into a nightgown - one of hers - and then into bed. I thought I wouldn't sleep well, with everything that had happened, but I was too exhausted. I just wanted to sleep. So I did.

-----------------------

• Like 7

First let me say I really like this,  she has been there for a while now and is starting to see that she really has no choice.  I think as for Hopsalot comment the jeans, shirt and panties are already gone, you said that when she got ready for bed.  Another thing she has yet to have to go to the bathroom and I wonder what will happen when she does.  I don't think you mentioned a bathroom being downstairs when showing her around.  

I feel so sad for Maisie! This is not going to go well for her! I think she'll be in a diaper sooner than later.

2 hours ago, Hopsalot said:

I know Maisie has her jeans and panties now but...

But she can't find them as Baby Billy pointed out! I'm sure they are gone already.  Then there's this:

1 hour ago, Baby Billy said:

Another thing she has yet to have to go to the bathroom and I wonder what will happen when she does. 

Sorry to ask about such trivial details, but is there a bathroom in the basement and is it equipped with a toilet? Is there a key to lock the door? I ask because, for our standards, entering an occupied bathroom is something you should try to avoid. But then if all you do in there is washing your teeth and maybe have a shower below a curtain, visiting a bathroom while someone is already there becomes acceptable.

Loving this story, I like the intricate details like the limited technology. This definitely would blown up in their face if the population got access to the internet. A very interesting social experiment and societal structure. What interests me is that while clearly being in diapers for much longer is enforced on a cultural and societal level, to the point that stuff like diaper checks are not strictly babyish. I'm curious as to how they enforce it biologically given that you start feeling and gaining control at around toddler age. Do they literally just ignore it? Interested in seeing what their biology and sex ed books say.

I do find  it very interesting that given the transition from our perspective and thus Maisies the lines are blurred because we usually associate some of this with Babies. But to them, it's not babyish,  it just is.

Interested in seeing the reactions of some of the others when Maisie says what the world is truly like. Although I don't think she'll be preaching it.

3 hours ago, Bonsai said:

Sorry to ask about such trivial details, but is there a bathroom in the basement and is it equipped with a toilet? Is there a key to lock the door? 

Hmm it's been a while since I read through this, but in my mind-scape the basement doesn't have a bathroom.  It's sort of modeled after my friend's house when I was in middle school.  In that house there was a bathroom, but in this house there's the changing room in place of that.  (Actually the layout of the basement is very similar to Molly's in Bits of Molly... weird how my mind creates locations, huh?) 

Long story short: one bathroom, upstairs.  Maybe there's a washroom in the basement?  There's definitely one on the main floor...

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I do find  it very interesting that given the transition from our perspective and thus Maisies the lines are blurred because we usually associate some of this with Babies. But to them, it's not babyish,  it just is.

Yeah, the whole story is really from Maisie's POV so it's hard to tell what something truly /is/.

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I'm curious as to how they enforce it biologically given that you start feeling and gaining control at around toddler age. Do they literally just ignore it?

Since there's no societal pressure to potty train, they just kind of... don't.  They can if they want to, but no one really cares enough to want to.

• Sophie ♥ changed the title to Lillikol (Complete) +FAQ