LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sore rear and Molicare Elastic issues

Hi All

2 questions

Question 1 A bit T.M.I (sorry) My rear end has been a bit raw since Saturday (Monday night here in Australia) as had indigestion issues so had numerous bowel movement trips to the toilet (I think I rubbed myself raw with Toilet Paper what can I do about this as still sore.

Question 2. Molicare Elastic

OMG I hate this crap and still have another box of 3 packets left they feel like sand paper anything to make them more comfortable?

Thank you

Hi 

so to answer question one I would use sudocream which you can get in the baby section in coles and Woolworths.

to answer question 2 maybe put a continence pad in your nappy that might help it feel more soft. I myself prefer molicare slip.

i hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

Sound like you should put a good coat of diaper rash cream on and change your diaper as soon as you have another pooping accident. The key to keeping the diaper rash healing is to change regularly and keep a good coat of diaper rash cream over the sore area.

12 hours ago, sjaeger said:

Hi All

2 questions

Question 1 A bit T.M.I (sorry) My rear end has been a bit raw since Saturday (Monday night here in Australia) as had indigestion issues so had numerous bowel movement trips to the toilet (I think I rubbed myself raw with Toilet Paper what can I do about this as still sore.

@sjaeger

Answer #1EACH time you wet or mess, you should try to keep yourself clean and dry.  If you have been dealing with indigestion, that may be something that happens quite often, until whatever is causing the issue passes. As a Rule, when you wet or mess, you should TRY to change as quickly as possible, and by doing that, you also remove contact with fecal matter, and the urine, which can IRRITATE the heck outta your behind.  This could and does cause RASH and reactions sometimes, so you have to make sure you have a BARRIER to protect your skin.....If you leave a wet or messy diaper on for an extended period, it can cause redness/irritation and raw skin.

I know this, because when I was 30 (18 years ago) I lost my appendix.  I had it explode, and had peritonitis - When they pulled it out, they left a Fistula - A HOLE cut in my side, with a TUBE coming from it to deal with the discharge. Unfortunately, all my discharges were coming out of that hole, and they slowly cut the tube a little  each week.  Eventually, they had me on a Colostomy Bag, which covered the Stoma - the discharge IRRITATED my skin, and made it RED and RAW, so they would CHANGE the bag when necessary, and they would have to CLEAN the entire area, getting rid of the discharge - You CANNOT leave that next to your skin long, or you could cause problems with possible INFECTION, so you NEED to CLEAN it up GOOD!  This also meant that they had to disinfect the skin too!

How you do that:  I would follow the advice of those posting with me here.  (The Only thing I would NOT do is:

9 hours ago, feralfreak said:

use a water hose, just be ready to run when your neighbors catch you in their yard pantsless?

THIS could get you into into trouble with the neighbors, and would NOT really help the situation. :D)

11 hours ago, Newbee said:

so to answer question one I would use sudocream which you can get in the baby section in coles and Woolworths.

to answer question 2 maybe put a continence pad in your nappy that might help it feel more soft. I myself prefer molicare slip.

I think that you best bet would be to follow @Newbee s advice, and use the sudocream.  Remember, you need a BARRIER to protect IRRITATED skin UNTIL it HEALS! 

1 hour ago, fillemup said:

Sound like you should put a good coat of diaper rash cream on and change your diaper as soon as you have another pooping accident. The key to keeping the diaper rash healing is to change regularly and keep a good coat of diaper rash cream over the sore area.

As @fillemup says: Use a Good coat of Diaper Rash Cream to protect the area:  You need to let that heal,  as with a little one, if you mess, you should change as quickly as you can, and clean yourself up.  The faster you do it, the less likely that it will cause more irritation than has already occurred -But you need to keep the barrier, which is usually waterproof, which is why you use Diaper Rash Creme.  Mine is 40% Zinc Oxide.  You won't be able to stop going poop, but if you have the barrier cream on, you hopefully won't be as irritated

@sjaeger

12 hours ago, sjaeger said:

Question 2. Molicare Elastic

OMG I hate this crap and still have another box of 3 packets left they feel like sand paper anything to make them more comfortable?

Thank you

Answer #2:  Molicare Elastic:  I've NOT used these diapers:  I would honestly try to let your skin "air out" and let the air try to heal you.  You still need to wear diapers, but even when wearing, you should let the skin breathe, as having a diaper on ALL the time can be a cause of irritation.  Is there another Diaper that you could use/get that does not FEEL like sandpaper on your hind quarters?  If you are trying to HEAL, you don't need excess irritations!

Good Luck!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Bolding and Underlines
19 hours ago, Newbee said:

Hi 

My goodness N

My goodness Newbee there has not been a woolworths for over 20 years.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, waynecook52 said:

My goodness Newbee there has not been a woolworths for over 20 years.

Perhaps not in North America but down here in Australia, Woolworths is analogous to a Kroger's or an Albertsons: they are one of the big two chains and they are everywhere.

As for the Molicare Elastic, that's a product designed for institutions and carers, NOT wearers sorry..  I still have 3 bags that I've all-but-stopped using.  I've switched to the more expensive Abriform