LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question about bottles...

PinkGecko

I've been doing research on bottles and I noticed something I felt I had to ask about.

Pretty much every single thread I've seen regarding bottles foremost recommends baby bottles, modifying baby bottles or occasionally Rearz bottles. It seems tons of ABDL-specific retailers sell their own adult baby bottles (e.g. Baby-Pants, ABDL Company, Lil Kink, Etsy stores, various little and DDLG sites, etc.), and for the most part, they look like the same type of bottle. I have to assume that because of their cheap price (usually around $8-$10), they're probably not the best quality, but I haven't seen anyone talk about them. Are there merit to cheap-o ABDL bottles or should I just invest in the real deal?

I mostly ask because I've been trying to wrap my head around all the different types of baby bottles, nipple variations, etc.; I like going to a website and just seeing simply "a bottle" for sale. :P

That being said, I welcome any recommendations. Bonus points if it comes with handles!

It is a bit complicated, I have to agree.  If you're happy with a normal baby teat, then you've got a lot of choice.  On the other hand, if you want a big teat, things are more complicated, as you've got to use a bottle that fits those teats.

Then you have to decide whether you want a plastic bottle or a glass bottle.

And you have to decide how big you want your bottle.

And you have to decide whether you want any pretty babyish pictures on the bottle.

I've currently got 3 bottles in front of me:

1.  A glass bottle marked up to 8 fluid ounces (so it holds a bit more) - a normal large baby bottle.  This is from Germany, and has a teddy bear and balloons on it.  This has the 'old standard' neck, about 1 1/2 inches, so it fits the only teats I've found I can comfortably latch on to, the so-called 'Nuk 5' - big teats designed for cleft palate babies.  These are similar in size to most of the large AB dummies (pacifiers).  I use this one every day.  It holds as much as your average mug or tumbler, so is a good size for an AB in my view.

2.  A Rearz Safari glass bottle, marked up to 15 fluid ounces.  A great bottle, but it has the wider neck - about 2 inches.  It comes with a normal baby teat though, which I find too hard to drink through as it's too small.

3.  A Nuk First Choice plastic Minnie Mouse bottle, marked up to 5 fluid ounces.  This has the wider neck, and came with a 'sucky cup' type teat which I hoped would fit the Rearz bottle, and it does.  The teat works a bit better for me, but still isn't really big enough.  I like the bottle though, and it's got handles.

So Nuk bottles these days have the wider necks, but the 'Nuk 5' teats only fit the narrower neck old style bottles, of which there are fewer and fewer around.  To my mind, the teat is much more important than the bottle - it's got to work for you.  So when is someone going to start making 'Nuk 5' shape teats to fit the 2-inch bottles?  Or have I missed something?

End of message

:baby_bottle:

2 hours ago, Stroller said:

It is a bit complicated, I have to agree.  If you're happy with a normal baby teat, then you've got a lot of choice.  On the other hand, if you want a big teat, things are more complicated, as you've got to use a bottle that fits those teats

Agreed that it's a personal preference thing. Lil Kink Boutique has some great glass bottles if that's your thing. Personally, I like my Ten@Night bottle I got off Amazon. It's comfortable to use, was inexpensive, and it's made of hard plastic. You can always swap teats from one bottle to another presuming the diameter is the same because thread counts tend to be standardized for a given bottle diameter (presuming you don't run into Imperial v.s Metric problems). Some people don't like bottles and prefer sippy cups instead.

I just have standard baby bottles with the largest toddler nipples that are commonly available. I would love to find a nipple sized like the ones in my "adult" pacifiers that could be attached to standard bottles. I have eyed the Rearz ones but haven't bought any. It was interesting to read your post, @Stroller.

What I would like is a scaled up, unmarked bottle with a non-orthodontic latex nipple (silicone feels weird) and not made of glass (roll over on a glass bottle in bed, and you WILL roll  over on your bottle in bed at some time, and you will find out why I say that; why glass baby bottle were not baned a half century ago, I do not understand) I would be all right with one that is colord as long as it is pink

• 1 year later...

An update on this.  Nuk (a German company) now make cleft palate teats to fit the wider neck bottles as well as the older narrower neck bottles.  The wider neck ones fit the Rearz bottles. In the picture, on the left is the box for the wide neck one, and a Rearz bottle with one fitted.  On the right is the box for the narrow neck one, and a bottle with one fitted.  The wide one is part no. 10.107.047, and the narrow one is part no. 10.107.001.  Note the difference in shape, and the red flashes on the box for the wide one, which is also marked 'First Choice/New Classic', which are ranges of Nuk bottles with the wider necks. They both have the same shape end to the teat - the Rearz one is just at a different angle in the photo.

I bought both recently (I'm in the UK). The narrow neck ones are pretty cheap from teat.shop, which is UK-based. The wide ones I found at cocooncenter.co.uk, which is the UK site of a French-based retailer.  The latter parcel arrived with the contents listed on the outside, which didn't bother me, but may do for some of you!  They appear to ship to the US, but no doubt it will cost.

IMG_1872.jpg

1 hour ago, ccb said:

Does the Nuk wide neck teat vent like the silicone teat that comes with the safari?

No, but I don't find that much of a problem myself in practice.  You have to make the the holes yourself anyway, so making another for venting would be easy enough.

• 4 months later...