LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why are some threads deleted with no explanation?

Hi I created a thread a few days ago and found it was deleted with no explanation. I even contacted the mods and still no response. I was really hoping dailydiapers was better than adisc as far censorship goes.

I actually left adisc because they were aggressively censoring Independents/classic liberals. They actually went so far to selectively remove messages to make the opposition look stupid. And even went to extent of banning someone just for asking why my messages were deleted. I just feel if thread is removed the mods should at least give reason they removed it. So please dailydiapers dont be like adisc. If a mod could please pm me and explain why my thread was deleted. 

What was deleted? I haven't been on in a few days because I work in the hospital ER and we've been getting slammed with COVID. There is usually an explanation, just let us know.

-piper

2 hours ago, warpiper said:

What was deleted? I haven't been on in a few days because I work in the hospital ER and we've been getting slammed with COVID. There is usually an explanation, just let us know.

-piper

It was thread about Bill Gates I provided reliable links. It was about 3 days ago and was deleted the next day. No admin messaged me why it was removed. I could post again as long I know its not gonna be deleted again. Next time ill copy and paste to word doc so i dont have to rewrite it again. Are you a mod?

Send me a message with what the thread said and the links that were provided and I can tell why it was deleted or if it should've been deleted in the first place.

There was a database error and a lot of the stories were cut off and unreadable past a couple of lines. Those ones were deleted if the author wasn't around to fix them back up.

On 4/12/2020 at 7:19 AM, Elfy said:

There was a database error and a lot of the stories were cut off and unreadable past a couple of lines. Those ones were deleted if the author wasn't around to fix them back up.

Was anyone able to determine the source of the issue? 

On 4/12/2020 at 7:19 AM, Elfy said:

@Elfy

I have had to rebuild my forum on my site because of an error where I thought I had a reliable backup of a database that went south.  I can empathize with those who understand what a bugger that is:  This is why it is important to keep good backup regimin in place.  I have even had to restore a FULL BACKUP all the way from the root Level (/)  One wrong move, and BOOM - that is why I always try to back up databases on a regular basis when I do backups - It takes me 15 minutes to untar a backup of my sites if a problem happens, but if a problem arises it can take longer.

Lesson Learned: Always keep a good Backup :)

Brian

So apparently on this site, I can't talk about Bill Gates even while providing mainstream articles. Talk about aggressive censorship! Wow just wow we really are in Orwells 1984!

It really is shocking that on this ABDL website about diapers and ageplay you can't talk about people being friends with pedophiles or making wil claims about the origin of pandemics.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Kootis said:

So apparently on this site, I can't talk about Bill Gates even while providing mainstream articles. Talk about aggressive censorship! Wow just wow we really are in Orwells 1984!

On 4/20/2020 at 4:47 AM, Elfy said:

Yep, it was removed by admins.

Elfy is referring to some malware (Coinhive) that attacked Dailydiapers a few years ago and it was removed but some posts and stories got inadvertantly removed along with it.  There's still a thread or 2 about it I believe.

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2020 at 8:40 PM, Firefly 35 said:

Elfy is referring to some malware (Coinhive) that attacked Dailydiapers a few years ago and it was removed but some posts and stories got inadvertantly removed along with it.  There's still a thread or 2 about it I believe.

Is Coinhive a malware? Is it not just a service that allows website owners to make some extra $$$ by mining cryptocurrency in the background of the user's PC?

I want to clarify I am totally pro this type of technology as an alternative to ads, but only as an opt-in where the user consents to the usage of their CPU.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:51 AM, kasarberang said:

Is Coinhive a malware? Is it not just a service that allows website owners to make some extra $$$ by mining cryptocurrency in the background of the user's PC?

I want to clarify I am totally pro this type of technology as an alternative to ads, but only as an opt-in where the user consents to the usage of their CPU.

That's a good point.  However, when coinhive was used on this site a few years ago, it was without anyone's permission and caused many people's computers to become bogged down to the point that it would take several minutes just to load a webpage.  I think most people would consider it to be a malware when used in that context. 

8 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

That's a good point.  However, when coinhive was used on this site a few years ago, it was without anyone's permission and caused many people's computers to become bogged down to the point that it would take several minutes just to load a webpage.  I think most people would consider it to be a malware when used in that context. 

While I understand where you're coming from I'd disagree. The software itself is not malware, it's the application that could be interpreted as malicious.

Example, some advertisements can inject malicious code into unprotected browsers, this does not make advertisements malware, it's the malicious use of these particular ads that's the problem, but not ads in of themselves.

Coin miners are interesting, you can specifically set them to use a % of the users CPU, this can either be set by the webmaster or it can be set by the user, depending how the site is setup. Mining any percentage without user consent I'd debate is a malicious use case, even if that's not the intention. However if you set it up to where the user can not only set if they wish to contribute via coin mining but ALSO let them pick a percentage of their CPU they wish to contribute it's a genuinely good alternative to traditional advertisements, which as said earlier can inject malicious code.

Generally ads are something the site owner has less control of since they're probably going to be using an external service like Google Ads or similar to supply the ads for them. I wouldn't consider coin miners malware simply a tool that can be misused, like anything else.

• Like 1