LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 70 & Epilogue - 2/13/24)

2 hours ago, Allman90 said:

If this was the usual tropes, she'd end up as a mommy or caregiver lol

I trust the op to do beter then the usual

It might take him 3 months (MW- Take as much time as you need, but I'd like to find some closure in this story;))

One of the things I realized has I looked at other people's reactions is just how much their friendship has changed in the course of this sleepover.   Prior to the sleepover, I read the friendship as 4 people who have lunch together, which is not an insignificant thing on a high school campus.  FTR, teachers do the same thing, we eat lunch with the same group of people, and they are my friends, but I probably won't keep up with them after I leave the school.

This now is a deep friendship, because they've all shared some fairly personal stuff.

On 11/10/2023 at 7:21 PM, AdultInnocence said:

Lisa is also an expert in the tests and I'm pretty sure she seen right through Sarah's explanation.

That could be the case. It's going to be hard for Sarah to keep track of all the things she's been less than truthfull about.

On 11/10/2023 at 10:59 PM, flowerdaddy22 said:

Yeah, from her description of the tests they supposedly did it must've been pretty obvious, especially to someone who actually had them done. Maybe even to Samantha if she's read the right ABDL fiction... 

I think Samantha is probably decently knowledgeable, considering what she was able to get her hands on for her Halloween baby costume.

On 11/11/2023 at 3:05 PM, spark said:

Lisa is such an interesting character, especially with her background in Diapers Never Lie.   

Lisa's initial reaction to Samantha's desires was close to what I would expect from somebody who was emotionally abused by her parents, and Sarah is also being emotionally abused by her mother in a similar way.   Add in the dynamic of Samantha having desires that she hasn't totally processed yet.  

The one person who has to find her place in the new dynamic is Desi

The next few chapters will be focusing on how all those relationships play out once the shock/surprise of those revelations has passed.

21 hours ago, Arendeth said:

Thanks for the chapter.

You're welcome!

12 hours ago, Allman90 said:

If this was the usual tropes, she'd end up as a mommy or caregiver lol

I trust the op to do beter then the usual

I think it's safe to say Desi isn't going that route, especially with how adamant she's been about not wanting to change diapers.

10 hours ago, spark said:

It might take him 3 months (MW- Take as much time as you need, but I'd like to find some closure in this story;))

One of the things I realized has I looked at other people's reactions is just how much their friendship has changed in the course of this sleepover.   Prior to the sleepover, I read the friendship as 4 people who have lunch together, which is not an insignificant thing on a high school campus.  FTR, teachers do the same thing, we eat lunch with the same group of people, and they are my friends, but I probably won't keep up with them after I leave the school.

This now is a deep friendship, because they've all shared some fairly personal stuff.

We're getting close to an ending. If things go the way I'm hoping, I should have this wrapped up around the end of the year. 

Basically, have one smaller story arc to go through (which, as the end of the last chapter hints, will be about potty training), and then we have the final act, which will be a lot of fun.

I've got another project I'm working on wrapping up before sharing, but once that is done in a couple of weeks, should have more frequent chapters for this story.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, MinnesotaWriter said:

I've got another project I'm working on wrapping up before sharing, but once that is done in a couple of weeks, should have more frequent chapters for this story.

Thank you- I look forward to it.

I get the idea of multiple projects going on  Sometimes I get so bogged down with side projects (not to mention- i have a job) that I need to at least attempt to start a project just to get the idea out of my head

I got so tired of losing my muse after I started to publish on this thread (the only one I use) that I promised myself not to publish until I have a complete story arch.  FTR- one of my stories ended with the main character attempting suicide by thrashing against his crib and knocking himself out.  I had plans to close the cliffhanger, but lost my muse and never went back to the story.   It sounds like an intended super dark ending, but I'm not that dark.

For my last two stories, I waited until I completed the arch and I started to post the story.   I then go through the editing process in about 1000-word increments, and post once I finish the edits.

BTW- You've said this sleepover mini-arch went from one part to four parts, and the same thing has happened to me in the project.   I'm working on an arch that I expected to be about 1500 words.  I'm 4000 words into arch, and I probably have a good 2k left until I finish

On 11/12/2023 at 11:43 PM, spark said:

Thank you- I look forward to it.

I get the idea of multiple projects going on  Sometimes I get so bogged down with side projects (not to mention- i have a job) that I need to at least attempt to start a project just to get the idea out of my head

I got so tired of losing my muse after I started to publish on this thread (the only one I use) that I promised myself not to publish until I have a complete story arch.  FTR- one of my stories ended with the main character attempting suicide by thrashing against his crib and knocking himself out.  I had plans to close the cliffhanger, but lost my muse and never went back to the story.   It sounds like an intended super dark ending, but I'm not that dark.

For my last two stories, I waited until I completed the arch and I started to post the story.   I then go through the editing process in about 1000-word increments, and post once I finish the edits.

BTW- You've said this sleepover mini-arch went from one part to four parts, and the same thing has happened to me in the project.   I'm working on an arch that I expected to be about 1500 words.  I'm 4000 words into arch, and I probably have a good 2k left until I finish

Writing more than I intended to is a blessing and a curse. This story was supposed to be about 25 chapters long. I'll be happy if I can end it in before chapter 70 right now. I've gotten better as I've gone along with estimating the potential word count from different scenes. 

And yes, it is nice to work on multiple things at a time, especially when one is a serialized story like this, and the other is a book I'm trying to get completely finished before publishing.

The one downside is that editing a 60,000-word book all at once is a painfully long task. But having a week off of work is helping to get that wrapped up. Should be able to finish and share that project soon.

On 11/16/2023 at 2:11 PM, AdultInnocence said:

Yay for finished projects! I have some "before it gets cold" projects I'm working on finishing. Got some outdoor stuff to finish buttoning up. I enjoy your story and I had forgotten about your other story I need to re-read that as it has been a while (Diapers Never Lie). 

Thanks, I was recently re-reading Diapers Never Lie while reposting it on Wattpad. Have been making a few minor edits while posting it over there. It's always strange reading something that you wrote a long time back.

Chapter 49: Black Friday

For the first time in a while, I awoke to my alarm clock, which I shut off before it could wake my sister or mom.

The blue dashes on the clock interface indicated it was four in the morning. I wasn’t sure why I had agreed to go Black Friday shopping with my friends. I was exhausted despite taking a shower and going to bed two hours earlier than normal last night.

Ever since my bedwetting had restarted, my morning routine had been Mom waking me up to change me out of my inevitably wet diaper. Her hand rubbing my back or shoulder had been my alarm clock.

Not this morning. Mom had me set my alarm clock before going to bed, so I could be up on time for when my friends were over to pick me up. I didn’t think this was an act of charity on Mom’s part. She probably just didn’t want to be forced to get out of bed this early in the morning.

I looked over at the crib. Emilia appeared sound asleep beneath her blankets. I didn’t understand how she had managed to stop bedwetting at her age with how deeply she slept. I also didn’t hear any sounds coming from outside the bedroom in the hallway. I likely hadn’t woken Mom up either.

I removed my pajama shorts to reveal a soaked diaper. That was no surprise. Despite my attempts to limit my liquids in the evening, my bedwetting continued without any changes.

The diaper and a half-dozen wet wipes made their way to the trash as I cleaned myself up. That left me with an important decision to make. One that needed to happen soon, as Samantha’s mom was supposed to pick me up in about ten minutes.

I remembered how bad the lines had been at the mall when we had gone shopping on Black Friday last year. Like our plans for this morning, we had arrived a couple hours before the opening in order to secure good spots at the front of the line.

Even back then, before my bladder problems had begun, it was a difficult wait. A realistic assessment of my current condition was that there was no way I was going to survive the line without needing to pee at least once, if not several times.

Earlier this week, I had taken Lisa’s advice when I went to restock on pull-ups. I grabbed two packages of the ones I had tried that evening at the sleepover, getting some in both the peach and black designs, though I made sure to bike to a different store so as not to run into Claire again. The soft pull-ups were more absorbent than the kid’s ones I had worn for bedwetting, but I still didn’t have the confidence in them yet to push their limits with how long we’d be waiting in line.

The amount of absorbency I needed was something only a diaper could provide.

And conveniently for me, there were dozens of diapers stacked in my closet. The only question was whether Mom would notice any of them missing. I figured taking a single diaper could be done without her noticing. I didn’t think she was keeping track of them that closely. The worst-case scenario would be having to make up a story about how I broke her rules and changed myself at night. I’d get punished for that, but it seemed a reasonable risk to take.

I had to be certain that Emilia wasn’t going to tattle on me for taking the diaper. I walked over to the crib, not quietly, but not intentionally making noise either, and gave her a couple of gentle nudges. My three-year-old sister didn’t respond at all, further proof that she was completely out of it.

The next question was what I was going to wear with the diaper. I needed something that would both conceal the outline of the diaper and cover up any crinkling sounds. None of my jeans were likely to fit over it, and I didn’t have any dresses I felt like wearing to the mall. That left leggings as an option, though I would need to figure out how to hide the outline of the diaper so that nothing would show through the leggings.

I grabbed a diaper and clothes and walked over to the bathroom. Despite my belief that Mom was asleep, dressing somewhere where I could be behind a locked door was important to avoid any mishaps should Mom have been woken up by the alarm and decided to check in on me.

I initially tried to put the diaper on while standing up, but couldn’t get that to work, so I had to lie down on the cold tile floor of the bathroom while securing the diaper around my waist.

I folded the top of the diaper down so that it stayed beneath the waistband of my leggings. After that, I pulled on a skirt that came nearly to my knees, followed by a t-shirt and a lengthy jacket. Not my normal look, but the diaper was as obscured as much as could be possible.

I didn’t plan on wearing the diaper the whole day, just for the initial wait to get into the mall. I brought along a mini backpack with wipes and a trio of pull-ups. I really shouldn’t have to use that many, but it was better to be safe than to have to hope I could borrow extras from Lisa.

Samantha’s mom pulled up into the driveway in her mini-van a few minutes after I had finished getting ready to go. I shut the door softly behind me as I went out to the driver. I was the last to be picked up before heading to the mall. Samantha and Desi were in the middle row. I joined Lisa in the back.

Lisa was wearing one of her usual ankle-length dresses that she wore to school. No surprises there. I was certain she also was wearing a diaper to avoid the stress of the long lines we’d be dealing with this morning.

Not much was said on the drive to the mall. I was probably the most awake of the four of us, and I didn’t exactly feel ready to be out and about at this time in the morning.

I was extra thankful to be wearing a diaper when Samantha’s mom pulled through a Starbucks on the way to let us order some coffee. Samantha and I ordered iced coffees, while Lisa and Desi took theirs warm. I managed to at least show some restraint by ordering a small coffee, but I was the only one to do that.

We weren’t the first ones at the mall by any means, but the line outside was still pretty short. I’m not sure whether it was the caffeine, the cold morning air, or the chance to stretch our legs, but we all seemed a bit more awake and alert by the time we were standing in line. There were only a hundred or so people in front of us.

Samantha and Desi were both bundled up as well. Desi was wearing skinny jeans and a hoodie, while Samantha had on loose-fitting sweatpants and a sweater.

With school out for the week, we hadn’t had a chance to talk in person about the past weekend. The topic had been completely avoided in our group texting thread. With Samantha’s mom dropping us off right by the line at the entrance to the mall, there wasn’t much time to chat privately before we were in line.

In about an hour, the main entrance to the mall would open, and then we’d be able to get inside out of the cold waiting in front of the individual stores we wanted to shop at before they opened for the day.

That meant splitting up and then meeting back in the main concourse once we were through with our initial purchases. Then we could grab some snacks and browse around to see if anything else came to mind to purchase.

Lisa had a long list of video games that were on sale that she wanted to grab. Samantha and Desi planned to hit up a few beauty stores.

There wasn’t much that I wanted to get this year. I had a little extra money set aside. I had my eye on a fancy gaming mouse similar to the one Lisa used. It was half off today, though I still wasn’t sure that justified getting up this early to make the purchase.

I was beginning to regret my cold coffee as we stood outside in the chilly weather. I hastily finished the drink off so I could toss the cup into a garbage bin and begin to warm up my fingers inside my jacket pockets.

About fifteen minutes into the wait, I began to sense the urge to pee. I checked my phone. It was now about fifty minutes since I had last used the toilet. Even if I hadn’t had a diaper on, there weren’t any toilets available yet that I could have gone off to.

Ever since the sleepover at Lisa’s place, I had been going through all the potty-training advice she had given me. I’d downloaded a potty-training app on my phone to keep track of how frequently I was going to the toilet. The numbers were far worse than I realized they would be. Over the past four days, all of which I had been home from school for Thanksgiving break, I had averaged going to the toilet just under seventeen times a day, or less than an hour between each time I needed to pee.

Those averages didn’t include the three times I had accidentally wet my pull-up. Once when I was at the grocery store with Mom, a second time was when I had been caught in the middle of a long Fortnite match, and a third had been when I was so distracted by a TV show that I hadn’t even noticed I’d wet my pull-up right away.

Lisa’s stats were better than mine in the past week. She was going to the bathroom a little less frequently than me, meaning she was able to hold her urine in longer. And she had only experienced one accident, that she also blamed on playing Fortnite.

The real test was going to be when we were back in school on Monday.

Lisa’s biggest bit of advice for me was to make sure that I was staying extra hydrated. She explained that being dehydrated could irritate the bladder, causing you to need to pee more even if you didn’t have to release more than a trickle. Drinking a lot of water avoided that problem while also giving more opportunities for me to work on holding my bladder for longer periods of time.

The challenge for me was that I had to balance my effort to hold my bladder in longer with needing to take care that Mom didn’t catch me doing a potty dance or, worse, have a pull-up leak on me because I’d held my bladder to the point where it was too full for a pull-up to completely absorb.

She emphasized the need to practice holding my bladder in for longer periods of time. Going too frequently out of an abundance of caution could result in training my bladder to only hold smaller amounts of urine.

That last piece of advice annoyed me. But it was Mom I was mad with, not Lisa. I thought back to how I had been using the potty watch with the thirty-minute intervals where I would be required to sit on the toilet. Yes, it had been effective in helping me avoid accidents, but had that method also been exacerbating my continence issues?

Besides that, I was doing the Kegel exercises as frequently as I had an opportunity to do so. I avoided doing them around Mom. Not so much out of embarrassment as for not wanting to give her any hint that my daytime toileting issues hadn’t been resolved like she thought they had.

The pressure on my bladder wasn’t lessening as the line began to fill in behind us. I checked my phone again. Another five minutes had passed. If I waited another five minutes, I could note down that I’d gone an hour between being, which would be an improvement from the past few days.

With the wind picking up, the four of us huddled in a circle together. I got a closer look at Samantha’s pants.

“You know,” Samantha said. “I saw something on TV a while back about people who go to Times Square for New Year’s Eve. Apparently, there aren’t any public bathrooms, so they have to either hold it for twelve hours or wear diapers.”

“That’s got to just be an urban legend,” Desi said.

“No, it’s really a thing,” Lisa said. “And it sounds like a really good strategy to get a UTI.”

Maybe I was simply imagining things, but the faint outline of a diaper appeared to be visible beneath her sweatpants. That was brave of her to pull off wearing a diaper around her mom. There were too many people around us to ask now. I would have to wait till later. It made sense that she would see this as another opportunity to wear a diaper. I wondered if bringing up the topic of Times Square was a way of admitting what she had on beneath her pants.

The next three hundred seconds dragged by slowly, but I made it. The way the diaper warmed up as I peed into it felt incredibly good in the cold, as if I had stuck one of those hand-warming packets right into my pants. I pretended to be staring at my phone as let my bladder release. Just because all my friends were now aware of my incontinence issues, that didn’t mean they needed to be privy to every single time I had an accident.

That comforting warmness sustained me for a while. Then a mall employee using a bullhorn announced that the gates were opening, and the mad dash to get inside the mall began.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • MinnesotaWriter changed the title to All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 49 - 11/21/23)

The dynamic is quite a bit different now that they know each other, and she is not trying to hide her incontinence.  I think, despite her intent, that's going one soggy diaper before too long😁

I feel like this is going to lead up to some bigger event, things were just too casual. I'm pretty sure Samantha is wearing a diaper. If Sarah is getting more absorbency out of a diaper than the proper pull ups for her size, I'm guessing they are proper diapers for her size and not a size 6 or size 7.

I'll have to look up your other story on wattpad so I can read it with the changes.

On 11/21/2023 at 8:03 PM, spark said:

The dynamic is quite a bit different now that they know each other, and she is not trying to hide her incontinence.  I think, despite her intent, that's going one soggy diaper before too long😁

I think so. I'm glad I don't go shopping on Black Friday very often. 

On 11/22/2023 at 12:21 AM, D503 said:

Nothing like a warm nappy in cold weather.

Except when it gets cold after a well.

On 11/22/2023 at 6:27 PM, AdultInnocence said:

I feel like this is going to lead up to some bigger event, things were just too casual. I'm pretty sure Samantha is wearing a diaper. If Sarah is getting more absorbency out of a diaper than the proper pull ups for her size, I'm guessing they are proper diapers for her size and not a size 6 or size 7.

I'll have to look up your other story on wattpad so I can read it with the changes.

Oh yeah, Sarah is wearing a regular adult diaper (same ones she wears to bed.)

For Diapers Never Lie, mostly just catching random grammar/punctuation errors while reposting. Also tossed the name-switch thing and just stuck with Lisa throughout.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MinnesotaWriter said:

I think so. I'm glad I don't go shopping on Black Friday very often. 

I've got a soggy diaper, and I didn't even go shopping.  I did drive from Reno though.

5 hours ago, MinnesotaWriter said:

For Diapers Never Lie, mostly just catching random grammar/punctuation errors while reposting. Also tossed the name-switch thing and just stuck with Lisa throughout.

I think I understand why you choose to do that, but I did like how it allowed to her to start over with her new family.   She certainly had nothing to cling to with the life that she had with her biological family.

8 hours ago, MinnesotaWriter said:

Awww, I actually quite liked that she changed her name :( With abusive parent/s it makes a lot of sense to change name after getting rid of them, just to get a sort of closure with that portion of one's life.

But great chapter, there's definitely some tension building up simply because of how suspiciously quiet things are. The calm before the storm! Can't wait to see what the minor arc is you were talking about! 

I just read the story up to this point and must say you are doing a very fine job with it. 
I can almost relate to Sarah and her incontinence.  I was older than she is but I can definitely remember having problems and first wondered why, what was wrong and trying to find ways to deal with the problem. I also didn’t have to hide anything from my mother.  At first I was trying to side things from my wife but that was almost impossible. Things did get better for me when I finally had the courage to go to the doctor and discuss the problem with him.  Some testing showed the real problem and then I had to decide on what the best way to deal with it was. My wife and I together decided what should be done.  Now telling you all of that was leading to my real question.  Why won’t Sarah go to her mother and explain what has been happening since the cheerleading accident? In my case I had surgery to correct my problem and for a while it worked.  Sarah might also find a solution to her problem. She might also find that the only solution is to use diapers and pull-ups.  In either case I have no doubt her mom would treat her and her condition fairly.  Her friends have accepted her problem and if a Doctor can show mom what happened I know she would accept and help her. 
Yes that was rather long winded. Sorry about that I just wanted to express my feelings on the situation. I am looking forward to seeing how things turn out. 

On 11/24/2023 at 7:40 PM, spark said:

I've got a soggy diaper, and I didn't even go shopping.  I did drive from Reno though.

I think I understand why you choose to do that, but I did like how it allowed to her to start over with her new family.   She certainly had nothing to cling to with the life that she had with her biological family.

Yeah, it worked with posting the stories simultaneously, but didn't make sense with how they were being posted otherwise. 

On 11/24/2023 at 10:59 PM, flowerdaddy22 said:

Awww, I actually quite liked that she changed her name :( With abusive parent/s it makes a lot of sense to change name after getting rid of them, just to get a sort of closure with that portion of one's life.

But great chapter, there's definitely some tension building up simply because of how suspiciously quiet things are. The calm before the storm! Can't wait to see what the minor arc is you were talking about! 

Yeah, I'm leaving the version here as is, just changed how I posted the story elsewhere since it would work better like that.

Thanks, as the end of the sleepover noted, we're going to have a focus on potty training for a little while. Though that may not be the only thing that comes up.

7 hours ago, CDfm said:

I just read the story up to this point and must say you are doing a very fine job with it. 
I can almost relate to Sarah and her incontinence.  I was older than she is but I can definitely remember having problems and first wondered why, what was wrong and trying to find ways to deal with the problem. I also didn’t have to hide anything from my mother.  At first I was trying to side things from my wife but that was almost impossible. Things did get better for me when I finally had the courage to go to the doctor and discuss the problem with him.  Some testing showed the real problem and then I had to decide on what the best way to deal with it was. My wife and I together decided what should be done.  Now telling you all of that was leading to my real question.  Why won’t Sarah go to her mother and explain what has been happening since the cheerleading accident? In my case I had surgery to correct my problem and for a while it worked.  Sarah might also find a solution to her problem. She might also find that the only solution is to use diapers and pull-ups.  In either case I have no doubt her mom would treat her and her condition fairly.  Her friends have accepted her problem and if a Doctor can show mom what happened I know she would accept and help her. 
Yes that was rather long winded. Sorry about that I just wanted to express my feelings on the situation. I am looking forward to seeing how things turn out. 

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Sarah hasn't quite pieced together that the fall and her continence issues are related. Apart from that, the way her mom has overreacted to her accidents has Sarah in a state where she doesn't want to bring anything up, because then she has to deal with mentioning all the times she's been hiding things and lying to her mom, and deal with whatever crazy consequences would come from that.

• Like 1

Chapter 50: The Contest

All the doors to the mall had been propped open, and employees with bright neon vests over their uniforms stood to the side as the crowd squeezed its way through the entrance before dispersing throughout the mall.

I grabbed hold of Lisa’s hand as the crowd squeezed together as everyone attempted to cram through the doors. It wouldn’t do to get separated at this point. The cramped, chaotic entrance to the mall reminded me of an hourglass, and we were stuck right in the middle of it all.

This was Lisa’s first Black Friday experience, but she had come prepared. Lisa had her uncle take her to the mall a couple of days ago to scout out the best route to the store, along with where the items she wanted would be once inside. I was vaguely familiar with the layout of the mall, but in my still slightly sleep-deprived state, I probably couldn’t have pointed out the fastest way to get to our destination.

Samantha and Desi were already a dozen feet ahead of us in the crowd. They had no compunctions against pushing and jostling their way to the front.

Everything got easier once we were through the main entrance and the crowd thinned now that there was more room to spread out. Our group split in two at the first intersection. Samantha and Desi went right, headed to a beauty store, while Lisa and I went in the opposite direction.

I had learned my lesson from attempting to jog in a wet pull-up last weekend and settled for a quick walking pace next to Lisa, even if that meant allowing some sprinting shoppers to get ahead of us. I was beginning to regret not applying a more thorough layer of baby powder this morning, but I had been worried the scent would stand out in the car ride to the mall.

There were only about two dozen people in front of us by the time we got in line in front of the game store. While the lights were on inside, the metal grate in front of the entrance remained closed, forcing us to line up in the mall hallway.

We were at least inside and away from the wind for the final thirty minutes. We needed to wait until all the stores opened.

“You have your list still?” I asked.

“Of course.” Lisa pulled out two identical scraps of paper and handed one to me with a list of seven video games on it. “I’ll start from the top and you can work your way up from the bottom.”

We both had agreed the other day that the video games were more likely to sell out faster than the gaming mouse, so I had offered to help Lisa look for her items first to beat the initial rush of the crowd.

I was keenly aware of the additional accident I had while we were waiting in line for the store to open. It technically was an accident because I had been trying to practice holding my bladder as much as possible again. I wasn’t as successful as earlier this morning, as this time I made it only forty-five minutes between needing to pee.

That iced coffee was doing me absolutely no favors.

That made me wonder about how Lisa was holding up. Her coffee had been about fifty percent larger than mine, and the ones Samantha and Desi got had been even larger than that. The fact that Lisa hadn’t shown any concern either about needing to use the restroom made me certain she had a diaper on.

With about fifteen minutes to go before the store opened, I made it my goal to not have any further accidents in the diaper. I would take a break after this first store to use the restroom and get changed into a pull-up so I could resume working on my toilet training for real.

After what seemed like forever, an employee already inside the store began to open the front gate, but motioned with his hand for us to stand back, keeping an eye on his watch for another thirty seconds before waving the crowd in.

I followed Lisa’s directions as we dashed inside. We had to hurry. While there were a couple dozen shoppers in front of us, there were three to four times that amount following us into the store. Lisa knew what section of the store we were headed to, but once we were there, she was going to need my help to hunt down the game titles she had on her list.

After ten minutes of frantic searching, we managed to get all but one of the games on her list. Lisa was a bit disappointed, but I reassured her that this would count as an extremely successful Black Friday shopping run.

True to my expectations, I had no difficulties getting my gaming mouse. I probably could have waited to come and get it this afternoon, but where would the fun have been in that?

“Where are we off to next?” Lisa asked as we left the store with our purchases. The hallway was packed, as the mall was only getting busier.

“I need to use the restroom before we meet up with Samantha and Desi,” I said. “We’ve got plenty of time. If you thought the video game store was crazy, you should see how insane some of the other stores get.”

Lisa gave me a look that told me she knew what I actually meant.

The downside to going into the restroom to change with Lisa was that there was only one handicap stall with a big enough waste back to dispose of a diaper in. I let Lisa have that stall while taking the smaller one adjacent to hers.

Red marks on the inside of my thighs were an indicator that I was going to regret how little baby powder I put on before leaving the house. I made up for it this time around, hopeful that the smell would go unnoticed in the larger crowds.

I shoved my wrapped-up diaper underneath the stall to her so she could toss it in the trash discreetly. Once we were out of the restroom, we found a bench in a quieter spot where we could wait for Samantha and Desi. I texted them our location but hadn’t heard anything back from them.

“Don’t forget to keep track of your toilet training today,” Lisa said.

“I won’t forget. Only had two accidents the whole time we were in line.”

“You beat me there,” Lisa said. “I lost track, but trying to hold it in wasn’t worth the hassle with that long of a wait.”

“I bet I can make it without going to the toilet longer than you can,” Lisa said.

“First one to wet their pull-up loses? You’re on.”

While Lisa had been making more progress with her toilet training the past week, I liked my odds, considering I’d had fewer fluids.

We waited another ten minutes before Desi sprinted up to us from behind, completely out of breath.

Desi didn’t have any shopping bags in hand, and Samantha was nowhere to be seen.

“What’s going on? Where’s Samantha?” I asked.

“Her diaper leaked.”

“What happened? Was it bad?” I asked.

“Yeah, it was bad. We were just standing in line, and it was right before the store was about to open. Her pants were soaked, and it left a bit of a puddle on the floor. I don’t think either of us is going to be able to show our faces in that store ever again.”

“Where’s Samantha now?”

“I gave her my jacket to wrap around her pants to cover up a little. She’s off in a restroom stall. I said we’d get some clean clothes for her.

“Couldn’t have picked a better day to do it then. Everything is all on sale,” I said.

“You guys didn’t have any issues?” Desi asked.

I knew Desi was referring to our diapers and not whether we had gotten all our purchases.

“Nope,” Lisa said. “We went and got changed after we finished with the first store.”

“But why was Samantha the only one who had a problem?” I asked. “You guys both had as much coffee as Samantha. I got a small cause I knew better.”

“Guess I just have a bladder of steel,” Desi said.

“Some people have all the luck,” Lisa muttered.

“But what happened with Samantha?” I asked, turning to Lisa. “I mean, you didn’t have any issues with leaks, and you had as much to drink with her.”

“Just because a diaper is super absorbent doesn’t mean it can’t be overwhelmed if you pee all at once, rather than in smaller amounts. I bet Samantha was just holding it in as long as she could before she wet the diaper. I wouldn’t have made it myself regardless of having the coffee, but I needed the caffeine to wake up this early.”

“That makes sense,” Desi said. “She was getting antsy before it happened. I thought she was just being impatient for the store to open.”

We stopped in the first clothing store we passed and purchased a new set of sweatpants for Samantha. At least they were marked as being seventy-five percent off. The worst part of it was needing to wait in line for almost twenty minutes to make the small purchase, as everyone in front of us seemed to be ringing up dozens of items.

By this point, I was beginning to feel a slight urge to pee, but since I had already peed three times after drinking the coffee, and hadn’t had any additional liquids since then, I felt that I would be able to hold out for a while longer. Surely Lisa couldn’t be doing any better with our challenge. She glared at me after I gave her bottom a pat while we were leaving the store. She was just as dry as I was.

Samantha was still hiding in a family restroom when we arrived with the sweatpants, passing them through the door as Samantha opened it slightly.

“You guys didn’t buy any underwear?” Samantha whispered.

Lisa looked around to see if anyone else was watching, and then grabbed a pull-up from her bag and tossed it to Samantha, who shut the door without saying anything.

It was all I could do to avoid breaking out into a potty dance. I could just give up on the challenge and go and use the toilet, but I didn’t want to admit defeat to Lisa. The women’s restroom was just around the corner. It would still count as a win for my own personal potty training if I were to get there in time without an accident.

Samantha was back out a minute later. The sweatpants we purchased had a tighter fit on her than anticipated. There wasn’t any question to me that Samantha had put the pull-up on.

“Can we please just leave? I can’t stay in the mall after that. What if someone recognizes me?”

“We don’t have to go back to that store,” Desi said. “Maybe we can give Lisa and Sarah a shopping list?”

Lisa and I exchanged glances. Navigating through a beauty store would be a challenge for either of us on a normal day, let alone Black Friday.

The slight urge in my bladder changed from a minor one to a large one in a matter of seconds.

It was no use.

My pull-up was now full. Somehow, I hadn’t even managed to outlast Lisa. I don’t know how Lisa knew, but a few seconds later, she reached under my skirt and quickly patted my bottom, turning to claim victory with a triumphant look on her face.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • MinnesotaWriter changed the title to All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 50 - 11/26/23)

This was a good chapter and full of good advice.  You have to give the diaper a chance to do its work.  You also need to change when it is full.  They only hold so much. I will be looking for more. 

4 hours ago, CDfm said:

This was a good chapter and full of good advice.  You have to give the diaper a chance to do its work.  You also need to change when it is full.  They only hold so much. I will be looking for more. 

Thanks! Sarah and Samantha would be smart to take Lisa's diaper advice.

22 minutes ago, kerry said:

Do you mean compunctions?

I did, thanks for catching that!

Loved the chapter! Samantha just learned a hard lesson for sure. Also she may have learned whatever diaper she was wearing wasn't the right choice for such a long wait if it was more of the daytime variety or a cloth backed style. Thanks for the chapter and looking forward to the next. 

12 hours ago, kerry said:

Do you mean compunctions?

I learned a new word. I had to look that one up.

Chapter 51: Extra Layers

A large brown box was sitting in front of the doorway when Samantha’s mom dropped me off at home that afternoon. I had an inkling of what might be inside it. Mom must not think that my bedwetting was likely to end anytime soon if she was already stocking up on diapers. Knowing her, she probably got some kind of Black Friday deal on them.

“I wonder if someone’s Christmas present has arrived early,” Desi said, commenting on the box as we pulled into the driveway.

“Who knows?” I replied, trying to feign ignorance. “I’ll have to see what it weighs like when I carry it in.”

After Samantha had to be rescued because of a leaky diaper, we took things slower the rest of the morning at the mall. For Samantha’s benefit, we stayed far away from the corner of the mall where the accident had taken place. We grabbed some cinnamon pretzel bites to eat and browsed through other stores. Lisa and I didn’t make any further purchases, but Desi was able to find a pair of new shoes and Samantha came away with a new jacket, one that was long enough to cover her bottom and keep the pull-up outline out of view.

After conceding the potty-training contest to Lisa, both of us managed to avoid any further accidents during the remaining time at the mall.

When Samantha’s mom picked us up early in the afternoon, Samantha lied about why she was wearing new clothes, saying she had needed to get them after having spilled coffee on herself, a claim the rest of us casually backed her up on.

When I picked up the box on my way inside the house, I recognized the brand name of the company Mom ordered my diapers from written in small print. With these diapers, combined with the ones remaining in my closet, I’d probably be set for the next two or three months at this point.

I jiggled the handle on the front door to find that it was already unlocked. I called out to let Mom know I was home as I stepped inside the doorway, but didn’t hear anything back from her. I carried the box to my bedroom, setting it down next to the closet. I’d let Mom deal with opening and tucking the new diapers away. I tried to keep any conversations with my mom about my bedwetting to a minimum, outside of what was necessary when it was time to get ready for bed.

I took a quick pit stop in the bathroom, and when I got out, what Mom was up to came as a surprise.

Mom was back in the dining room at the front of the house. A separate large box that I must not have noticed when I was walking in was sitting in front of the window. The contents of this box weren’t ambiguous. It was another Christmas tree. Next to that were another five dusty boxes Mom must have retrieved from the attic.

As if the nine-foot-tall one in the living room wasn’t enough for our small house.

Our Christmas tree had already been up since the start of the month. Mom wasn’t one to wait until after Thanksgiving to begin her Christmas decorations.

“There you are Sarah. Why didn’t you let me know you were home?”

“I yelled when I stepped inside. You must not have heard.”

“Hey, don’t talk back to me.”

I wisely chose not to continue that argument.

“Why do we have another Christmas tree?”

“I went out to get it this morning,” Mom said. “There were still a couple of boxes of ornaments that didn’t fit on the tree, and I didn’t want them to go to waste.”

Mom didn’t bother to ask me anything about how my own shopping trip went.

“I’m going to need your help getting this put up.”

I knew better than to complain about the request. I had been drafted into the war for Christmas, and I was going to need to do my part.

This newer tree model was at least easier to assemble than the one in the living room. It was only three separate pieces that had to be unfolded and connected together. And it came with built-in lights on the branches.

“Go help your sister with the ornaments,” Mom asked without looking up from the box she was digging through.

Mom had opened up a box of safe ornaments for her. Old candy canes. Plastic figurines with strings loop over the branches rather than metal hooks. Nothing that Emilia would be capable of breaking or hurting herself with.

And definitely no glass balls. It was only last year that Emilia had accidentally crushed one in her hand, thankfully not ending up with anything more than a few scratches. Those were going to be out of reach again this year, even if she could probably be trusted with them at this point.

Emilia had already begun putting a few things on the tree. but what that actually meant was that the lower branches of the tree were drooping under the weight of all the ornaments she was putting on, as that was all she could reach.

I spent the next hour re-arranging the ornaments my little sister had put on, spreading some of them out over the rest of the tree, while also getting out the more fragile ones that she was still forbidden from touching. Those were placed safely out of her reach. Emilia grew bored after a while. After she begged Mom to turn on the TV for a few minutes, Mom finally relented, but she only was willing to put on something Christmas-themed, so I was stuck listening to the sound of Frosty the Snowman coming from the other room as I carefully hung ornaments on the tree.

“I need to go potty,” Emilia announced as she ran past us through the hallway on the way to the bathroom.

Her annoying habit of loudly announcing when she was going to the bathroom reminded me that I hadn’t gone since right after I had come home.

My pull-up at least didn’t feel wet. However, that wasn’t a guarantee that it was dry. There had been a couple of occasions where I had sat down on the toilet thinking that I had made it without an accident, only to look down at the pull-up between my knees to notice that the padding wasn’t completely white.

That was probably the only downside to the new pull-ups I had switched to. They worked so well that if I had a tiny leak when I wasn’t paying attention to my bladder, I might not even know that it had happened.

I wasn’t sure if I had already needed to pee, or if my sister’s loud announcement had caused my bladder to begin to get antsy, but either way, I was soon going to need to take a trip to the restroom myself.

To my relief, Emilia returned very quickly from the bathroom. I strongly suspected that she hadn’t washed her hands. I would have said something to Mom, but I was now needing to get to the toilet rather soon and didn’t want to cause any further delays.

I put one last ornament on the tree and casually walked toward the hallway. Even at times when the need to go was incredibly urgent, I had never sprinted to the toilet in front of Mom. I couldn’t do anything to give the slightest clue that I was having any struggles with my bladder during the day.

“Sarah, come back right now. We’re not finished decorating.”

“Geez, Mom, I’m just going to the bathroom.”

That was a big mistake.

Mom was setting up a nativity scene on a shelf. As I walked by her on my way to the bathroom, she reached down and firmly smacked my bottom.

“You watch your tone with me, young lady.”

“Yes, Mom,” I said demurely. That was the only proper response to getting scolded like that. If I had responded in any way that sounded like I was talking back to her or otherwise being disobedient, I would have found myself getting a much more thorough spanking.

But the scolding was the least of my worries. I averted my eyes from Mom and sped up my pace ever so slightly as I made my way down the hallway and to the restroom.

The single spanking had been quick. Mom’s hand hadn’t lingered on my bottom. But with as many spankings as I had received over the years, she was surely aware of what my bottom was supposed to normally feel like.

This was a scenario I had worked really hard to avoid before this slip-up. Spankings were Mom’s preferred method of discipline, and even though that happened with less frequency as I had gotten older, they were still always a risk if I broke one of Mom’s rules.

I had never before paid more attention to my grades or been as diligent in my chores as I had been the past month. I couldn’t afford a scenario where Mom insisted on spanking me without having an opportunity to discreetly dispose of my pull-up beforehand. Outside of a few minutes while getting ready for bed, there weren’t any times when I was wearing normal underwear at home.

I sat on the toilet with absolutely no idea of what I should be doing. Was it safe to have the pull-up on when I left the bathroom? Was Mom standing in the dining room, wondering if something had felt off when she had given me that single spanking?

Mom had smacked my bottom over my skirt, and not underneath it. That was the only breadcrumb of hope I had at the moment, and I was clinging to it for dear life. That extra layer of clothing between her hand and my bottom may have saved my life.

Still, my options were not good. The tiny trash can in the toilet was empty at the moment. There wouldn’t be any way to dispose of the pull-up in there. I didn’t have any easy way to hide the pull-up on me if I were to take it off and bunch it up.

Besides, if Mom were waiting for me outside in the hallway, none of that would matter. I wondered what she would say if I managed to conceal the pull-up and she found I wasn’t wearing any underwear at all. I doubted that situation would bode well for me either.

I stayed in the toilet for another five minutes, as long as I felt I could pull off without making Mom suspicious. I loudly ripped more toilet paper off of the roll than I actually needed, trying to make it sound as though there was an actual need for being in the bathroom this long.

I smoothed out my leggings as best as I could after I had tugged them up over the pull-up. The pull-up was far more discreet under the leggings than the diaper had been, but without a mirror to look into, I couldn’t help but imagine the worst-case scenario in my head.

I opened the bathroom door normally after washing my hands. I couldn’t allow the anxiety I was feeling to show through my actions. Mom wasn’t waiting for me in the hallway. I returned to the dining room to find her exactly where I had left her.

“About time,” Mom said.

If I hadn’t been wearing a pull-up. I might have considered a snarky reply that might have been worth the ensuing spanking.

“Go grab the stepladder from the garage. We need to get the star on top of the tree.”

Even though Mom was a good eight inches taller than me, she couldn’t reach the top of the tree either.

“Here you go,” Mom said, handing me the star after I had put the stepladder down in front of the tree.

I couldn’t think of any excuse not to put the star on the tree. In past years, I would ask Mom to allow me to do it, even though it had been difficult even with the assistance of a stepladder when I had been shorter.

I could only hope that the outline of my pull-up wasn’t visible from the angle I was at as I got to the top of the stepladder and reached out to place the star on top of the tree. In my rush to complete the task, the tree topper nearly slipped from my fingers, but I was able to at last screw it in place and get back down to the floor.

If anything had seemed out of place to Mom, she didn’t give any indication of it. Skirts might need to become a more normal part of my daily outfits.

• Like 15
  • MinnesotaWriter changed the title to All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 51 - 11/28/23)

That could have been a closer call than you might think.  I always wonder what someone thinks when they give me a swat on the rear.  There have been times where I get a puzzling look from them and I am sure they have felt the added paddling.  I haven’t had anyone say anything though.  It also seems like lately there have been several times where I know someone has seen my diaper. In Physical therapy, I have been caught by three different people.  I had my shoulder replaced so you would think that the last place they would need to have access is my bottom but twice now they ran tape from the shoulder to the hip and the third time I had to remove my shirt and the top of the diaper was sticking up a little farther than normal. Now I know that my medical records have that information in it but I don’t know they have access to that part of it. Again no one has said anything but the looks of confusion are there. 
I am looking forward to seeing how the rest of the evening goes and if mom suddenly realized something was different. 

• MinnesotaWriter changed the title to All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 70 & Epilogue - 2/13/24)