LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

changing position/area for diaper changing

With so many of us either potentially in diapers 24/7  and maybe have a significant other in their lives.  what is the normal process for diaper changing  Thankfully I'm changed by my wife when at home on a changing table.  The table has accessories underneath it.  it is always stacked.  It includes pacis and bottle as well.

Laying down on a rubber sheet on my bed, with the diaper laid out and the accsssories nearby. My bedspread is in a waterproof see-through duvet cover

I always diaper myself standing.  I used to do it freestanding but found that what others have suggested about backing up against a wall or door to hold the diaper up on ones backside while fastening it works much better than freestanding.

• Like 1

It's DIY for me too.  Standing up in the bathroom for daytime nappies (generally velcro closures, sometimes poppers), and lying on the bed for nighttime nappies (terry squares in a Chinese fold).

I diaper myself, too.  If I’m putting on a disposable diaper, I do it standing up, leaning against a wall.  If I’m putting on a cloth diaper, I position the pre-folded diaper hanging ove the edge of the bed with enough on the bed to get the right position at the waist in back.  Then I sit on it and pin the diaper on. 

1 hour ago, Clr224 said:

I diaper myself, too.  If I’m putting on a disposable diaper, I do it standing up, leaning against a wall.  If I’m putting on a cloth diaper, I position the pre-folded diaper hanging ove the edge of the bed with enough on the bed to get the right position at the waist in back.  Then I sit on it and pin the diaper on. 

Bingo, same with me. 

Still a bit of a challenge in getting the folds just right so my 35" squares fit my 36-38" waist though.  They fit, but most times they're not really secure. I've had a couple of successes with them though...  when I took off the wet diaper that looked exactly as it had when it was  first put on, I wondered how I had folded it and if I could remember how for the next time.

2 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

Bingo, same with me. 

Still a bit of a challenge in getting the folds just right so my 35" squares fit my 36-38" waist though.  They fit, but most times they're not really secure. I've had a couple of successes with them though...  when I took off the wet diaper that looked exactly as it had when it was  first put on, I wondered how I had folded it and if I could remember how for the next time.

I use the Leakmaster prefold gauze diapers.  I’ve found that having the diaper come somewhat above the waist in back and just over the bellybutton in front, then fastened snuggly gives very secure fit. So secure that I don’t even need to wear waterproof pants to help hold them up.  As long as I don’t want to sit on something that needs protection or I use an underpad to protect the chair, I can get by without the waterproof pants for several hours. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Clr224 said:

I use the Leakmaster prefold gauze diapers.  I’ve found that having the diaper come somewhat above the waist in back and just over the bellybutton in front, then fastened snuggly gives very secure fit. So secure that I don’t even need to wear waterproof pants to help hold them up.  As long as I don’t want to sit on something that needs protection or I use an underpad to protect the chair, I can get by without the waterproof pants for several hours. 

That sounds like fun!

It’s more comfortable on hot days when I’m just doing chores around the house or in the backyard.  My bladder drains slowly enough that the diaper can absorb the leakage and I don’t have to worry about making puddles on the floor. 

The 85% of the time I'm in disposables, I will change myself standing up against the bathroom door.

When in cloth, pull on ones get changed in the bathroom standing (no door leaning required).  Pin-on kite folded old school nappies (such as I am in now) get taken off standing up but clean ones put on with my laying on the bed.

My long suffering partner makes sure she is as far away from me as possible without recourse to motorised transport when I am changing...

I will change my wet diapers in my bedroom because I put on my new diaper while laying in bed. My poopy diapers are always taken off in the bathroom shower so I can get cleaned up with the detachable shower head. Once I get out of the shower and dried, I go back into the bedroom where I put on my new diaper and get dressed.

My wife will change my diaper usually only upon request.  She does not seem to mind changing it but chooses to not perform a coveted diaper check.  I will lay out an adult changing pad on our bed, some wipes, baby powder, and a new diaper.  I strip off any clothes and protective panties and then she will remove my diaper and change me.  At this point of unpotty training I often leak a lot during my diaper change and generally this does not bother her unless I soak everything.

I used to to wish my wife was more involved sometimes but I have learned to be thankful that she loves and accepts who I am.  She has let me unpotty train myself and changes my diaper when I ask her to do so.  It would be selfish to complain that she does not play the "Mommy" role how I see fit and I am very happy to be permitted to live this lifestyle all the time.

My wife does have "Mommy" moments.  Diaper changes in the backseat of our car, a text message if my diaper needs to be changed here and there and that most definitely will make my day.

On 3/18/2020 at 2:49 PM, DL-Boy said:

I always diaper myself standing.  I used to do it freestanding but found that what others have suggested about backing up against a wall or door to hold the diaper up on ones backside while fastening it works much better than freestanding.

Same here, diaper myself using a wall. I have using this method for many years.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Three Rivers said:

Same here, diaper myself using a wall. I have using this method for many years.

And that works even better in the bathroom or in front of any other big mirror so you can judge the best placement of the tapes, the first time...  mine are almost invariably not uniform in placement even with a mirror.

• Like 1

Unless you have OCD or are super fastidious about maintaining symmetry, exactly symmetrical placement of the diaper fasteners isn’t all that important.  Getting the right fit is far more important. 

Depends on if Im wet or poopy. If Im just wet I will take it off and change standing. But if I am poopy I will kneel down to make sure stuff stays in the diaper. I do all of my changes in my bedroom. 

11 minutes ago, diaperguy said:

Depends on if Im wet or poopy. If Im just wet I will take it off and change standing. But if I am poopy I will kneel down to make sure stuff stays in the diaper. I do all of my changes in my bedroom. 

I have a split bathroom so I change messy diapers in the lavatory area because there's more floor space.  I carefully open the leg tapes first, then while making sure to hold the diaper in place, I open the waist tapes one at a time.  Once I have them all open (and folded down to their original "landing pads"), I take the front in one hand, the back in the other and will use the back padding in a downward dragging motion through my butt crack and anal area to ensure all or most of the poop is in the diaper, then I lower it and step over the mess with one leg.

Only once or twice have I had anything still clinging to my butt, drop off into the floor and never any of the contents of the diaper even when full of diarrhea.  With 2-3 messings per day, I've gotten pretty skilled with this procedure.