LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Is The Biggest Most Bulky Nappy?

Biggest Nappies?

Hi everyone I'm  new here. I am fully nappied up in a Abu Space nappy with a thick soaker in it so I feel very babyish and waddle like a baby.

But what do you think is the biggest, bulkiest most visible nappy on the market?

Start with cloth and layer then up. That is not as much of a task as with throw-awayas. or, you can use specially made ones like mine, where were invented in about 1951 by a lady for her 5 year old daughter, not an uncommon practice

The first one. The second, which is shown how to be made is a larger derivative. She could not use the early prefolds as they were as they would be too small to hold more than one wetting from a 5 year old girl at night, so she put 3 of them together. To understand my part in all of thise, you would need to go to my blog entry and read "the Making of a Little Girl". One of the things about the originals is that they would be usable for many years as they could fit a person from 5 to, the last I knew, about 9-2/3. Mine, as I wear them,  go for up to 16 hours but should go for 10 anyway (I use a waterproof liner made from snap-on panties where the elastics are done but the material is still good to keep me dry. It is cut so that wet escapes through the crotch into the clot diaper, but I must be standing to wet. These regularly go for 14 hours)

60" x 60" kite folded and pinned terry nappy under high waist plastic pants.  You most likely will NOT be going out and about wearing a nappy like that but nor will you have to change it for a very long time!  It makes a great night nappy.

For disposables, the bulkiest combo I have used would a wet BetterDry 24/7 under a terry-lined waterproof.  I will go out in that with a degree of caution and loose, dark clothing.

Hello, and welcome to DD. I’m sure you see how much, a friendly and helpful place this is. Lots of good likeminded people here. If you want to stay with disposable diapers, you can always double them up, or buy booster pads. If you want to use 2 diapers together, just be sure to cut slits in the outer covering of the diaper that will go on the inside. Be prepared to spend more money on such remedies though. 
You can also try a disposable diaper, backed up with a cloth diaper, worn outside. That way, you get a bulky diaper, but if you wet, you only wet 1 disposable diaper. 

Thank you everybody for your suggestions. I'm thinking about a terry but for now I am wearing Abu Space with a Tykables  Booster pad. OK the first time I wore but the next time had a leak. The first time that has happened.  Can't get Northshore Megamax as I haven't seen it on sale in UK. I'm thinking of cloth over disposables but I would need to wear larger clothes. ?

16 hours ago, Kimmi_UK said:

I must try it!

I cannot close my legs above the knee until it is quite wet and more flexible and even then I have trouble doing so. And it uses only one pin in the front and you do not have to cut and snip or stick extra padding between your legs which keeps the caustic wet on the delicate skin longer than necessary, which is also a problem with prefolds or anything with a "soaker" of any significance.

9 hours ago, oznl said:

60" x 60" kite folded and pinned terry nappy under high waist plastic pants.  You most likely will NOT be going out and about wearing a nappy like that but nor will you have to change it for a very long time!  It makes a great night nappy.

For disposables, the bulkiest combo I have used would a wet BetterDry 24/7 under a terry-lined waterproof.  I will go out in that with a degree of caution and loose, dark clothing.

Thank you! I don't think that the BetterDry 24/7 is available in UK. But I am thinking about the Term Nappy.

9 hours ago, baker7 said:

@Kimmi_UK

I think that the bulkiest disposable diaper is a Northshore Megamax:  These are the best that have been made so far - That is my primary diaper :)

Brian

I am in the UK and I don't think the Northshore Megamax is available. ☹️

4 hours ago, Kimmi_UK said:

Thank you! I don't think that the BetterDry 24/7 is available in UK. But I am thinking about the Term Nappy.

I am in the UK and I don't think the Northshore Megamax is available. ☹️

@Kimmi_UK

I get mine through a local US supplier:  They Order from Amazon, US and send to me - @NorthShoreAdam is also a member here, and could possible answer questions for you.  I think that you can get these through amazon in the UK - they are kinda expensive, but they are pretty awesome diapers :)

Brian

2 hours ago, baker7 said:

@Kimmi_UK

I get mine through a local US supplier:  They Order from Amazon, US and send to me - @NorthShoreAdam is also a member here, and could possible answer questions for you.  I think that you can get these through amazon in the UK - they are kinda expensive, but they are pretty awesome diapers :)

Brian

Thanks Brian I will have to find something here or go over to terry - which I am thinking about. I think I prefer disposables though I love the childish patterns. 

What were you thinking about the term 'nappy'?  It's what we call diapers in England. It has more resonance than diaper.

@Kimmi_UK

Disposables are the way to go - in a time when you are on the Go all the time, it is easier to deal with Disposables then with "Terry Toweling Nappies" as you call them over there ;)  If you Go disposable, then you CAN get the "childish prints" you are looking for ;)

The term "Nappy" does indeed mean "diaper" in the United States:  I think its kinda cool that each side of the "pond" has differing meanings for words - I've seen the term used in stories and in print, so I definitely know what it is :)

Take Care, and Welcome to DD!

Brian

Better learn to make cloth your main item. Disposables, in the original, were never meant to be the main use diaper, they were meant for travel and  other small-scale use. Also they were a product of a prosperity that no longer exists and were not half as complicated as they are now. Add to that the antipathy to "single-use" items, starting with plaxtic bags and straws, as landfills, which we used to call "dumps" become scarcer and scarcer and it will not be long before they become more and more expensive via taxation to both discourage use with wild abandon and to pay for the "post-consumer storage" of them. It seems we are learning what our parents or grandparents new 55 years ago. Disposables have been around in one form or another for over 80 years. Nobody wanted them; they did not want to spend the money nor were they that well trusted. Some forgotten arts may well have to be re-discovered. One possible compromise may be the use of non-waterproof diaper bodies made like the old Handi-Wipes over which one will need to wear a waterproof panty. These may be less expensive than the AIO throw-aways that are the current rule

Also on the way out may be things like Saran Wrap and blister packs as well as the various packing materials that have become commonplace since the 1960's. Anything that cannot be incinerated my have to go for single-use items. I never understood how these items could become the going thing for over 60 years. For anything that we needed to see inside the package, we had cardboard and cellophane, both of which could be burned easily. AS far back as 1954 we had polyethelene bags for multi-piece items like to soldiers and the like. However, these were most often saved and re-used (the difference between "re-use" and "recycle" is a 50 million dollar federal subsidy). I would like to know how many of these single-use items are made offshore where labor is cheap and some of which more likely come with a bonus pack of some third-world disease that we have forgotten how to deal with

Little Christine said:  Disposables, in the original, were never meant to be the main use diaper, they were meant for travel and  other small-scale use. Also they were a product of a prosperity that no longer exists and were not half as complicated as they are now.

A product of a prosperity that no longer exists...  Humm….

Meet 1987, the year the Federal Reserve, under Alan Greenspan, decided to alter the economic system in a chase to ZERO.  Zero real dollars in our pocket and increased spending for all basic necessities while the real cost of consumer goods decreased to zero.  Cars have soared in cost.  Homes have soared in cost.  Food has soared in cost.  Utilities have soared in  cost.  Taxes have soared in cost.  Health care has soared in cost.  Meanwhile, everything else has dropped to zero.

Furniture is a good example, it is now worth basically zero.  Art Van is a store in Michigan and they just went bankrupt trying to sell Chinese made Furniture in the US...  Buy a couch today for $349 tax in that was $899.  When I bought my first couch in 1991 is was $1500!  My mom visited in Cincinnati to help me find a good couch.  Now that Art Van is going out of business traffic jams around their stores are huge!  People have all come out of the woodwork to buy $199 couches while they go out of business.  A race to ZERO!

Yet, everything else has gone up in cost.  Chrysler just announced that it will stop making its $19,995 van.  Instead they will hit the market with a $24,995 van.  I used to buy a new van every two years.  I would buy the $19,995 model because it was made in North America and was a great van for no real cost.  I would trade in a paid off $19,995 van and they would give me $14,000 on trade.  After my friends and family discount I would get a new van for $17,995 - $14,000 = $3995/ 2 years = $2000 per year of cost.  

But, Chrysler reduced the costs of its Pickup to compete with the $19,995 van...  I went by my Dodge dealership 6 months ago and I could lease a new, super fancy pickup for $68 per week!  Sign me up!  $272 per month x 12= $3264 x 3 = $9792 cost of vehicle over 3 year lease.  Van:  $3995 + 2,000 = $5995 cost over 3 years.  Instead of driving a $19,995 new car I can drive a $54,000 new car for lower total cost or ZERO.  $9792/ $54,000 = 18%.  I am driving a new $54,000 truck and only paying 18% for it over three years.  The van? $5995/ $19,995 = 29.98%

There is a huge race to ZERO for things that we WANT as consumers.

Our NEEDS have soared in cost.  A cart of food has soared.  Bread .55 to 2.97, Milk 1.59 to 2.98, Pizza 2.49 to 3.77, Peanut butter 1.49 to 4.77, Pork Loin 1.39 pd to $9.06 pd.   A pickup in 1988 was $7560.  Today it is at least $38,000.

While Interest rates have crashed to near zero the cost of a house has soared.  In 1987 the cost of an average home was $189,105 and the interest rate was 9.29% or $17,558 per year.  In 2019 the cost of a home was $531,000 and the interest rate was 3.1% or a total interest rate of $16,461.  

But INCOMES have dropped.  The average household income in 1987 was $55,156.  In 2019 it is just $52,600!

Not only has the cost of everything that we NEED gone up, the cost as a percentage of income has SOARED.  Bread has gone up 440% but as a percentage of income it has gone up 479.27%

US government debt has soared from 3.0 trillion to 23.0 trillion or 660%!!

Capital asset rates have dropped from a cap rate of say 10.8% return on a $187,000 rented home to just 4.5% on a $531,000 rented home.  

The kicker?  Back in 1987 we would invest in producing assets that over time would make a profit larger than the cost of the machine over its lifetime.  Now we import cheap machines that do not last as long and are total operating cost over their lifetime.  In 1987 we exported 780M of industrial pumps and imported $700M.  In 2018 we imported 2.7Bil of pumps.  As the cost of a pump/ its useful life turned to ZERO we simply imported more crappy pumps.  

It is a pity you did not offer a summary at the ened. I was lost in the details by the fourth paragraph

I was talking about the prosperity beginning in the early 1950's and lasted into the very early 1970's. There was a brief return to some of it in the early 1980's

Up until recently Chrysler was an independent motor company. Now it is practically a subsidiary of Fiat. In the 1960's and into the ;70's, American Motors was still an independent company. Although it had been restructures in the 1950's when Rabler was elevated from a Nash model to its own segment and then Nash and Hudson were done away with. In the mdi/late '60's AMC realized you could not survive jon only economy cars and developed the high-performance Javelin and the Hornet, with their cars beding just designated as "American Motors" or AMC

I do not know if PMpers, Huggies or Luvs were ever US make. I am told they all evolved from sanitary Pads. I have also been told that pampers were around since 1961. Parents of the early users of Pampers often chided their offspring for wastefulness and "leaving their shit around fo others to take care of". Actually these should have gon out of stil in the economic doldrums of the 1972-81 period, I think they sruvuved be going offshore so that now, you have the Chinese deciding what you will wear. This is also true with cloth diapers for babies. It is a shame that there was no adult equivalent of the 21x40 (it would be 42x80 or 44x84 to allow for shrnkage)

Another thing about pre-1951 diapers is that there were no prefolds, that was a resut of wanting convenience. If you wanted more absorbtion you doubled and tripled them. Also there were really no "center panel" or "soakers". The diaper was pretty muchsame thickness throughout. This was better so it did not bottleneck urine between the legs, where the skin is quite delicate, with extra layers of material, and spread it out more quickly. Also, diapers did not look like bikinis, but were pretty substantial and you did not really have to make a distinction between boy and girl since pretty much all the diapers went past the bellybutton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

"Bulk" in a diaper comes from several things, Basically, how thick over what amount of area. Throw-ways are peeded in a relatively small area. Mine cover the whole chastity area from above the bellybutton down. and between the legs so they are thick all the way around. Throw-awyas have no real pandding on the hips and much above the crotch area as part of being discreet

In a post in the DPF NL around late 1985/early1986, announcing a DPF designed and marketed throw-away, Tommy noted that one of the baby diapers he saw in use on a toddler was full all the way around and said "That's what we want", noting that it stuck out at the sides about 2". Even in baby diapers, that is now unheard of since they started to rely on SAP for "absorency", which is not really absorbency, but gelatinization of urine. So if it is bulk you are looking for then cloth is your only bet. Snort of some Rube Goldberg rig, you are not going to get the kind of bulk that will either stop you from, or make it difficult to, cross or close your legs above the knee