LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is My Pride Worth $3?

For those of you who don't know supperstore is a giant grocery store chain in Canada, kinda like a supper wal-mart.

Anyways they have a bad habit of having one price on the shelf and a higher price at the till. I picked up a pack of attends that said $14.99, I got to the tills there they weren't realy busy, just busy enogh so I could stand in line awhile with everyone looking at what I had. You have to bring your own bags, or buy them there, so I brought one and had it sitting over them in my basket. I get to the till, and tell the lady "don't ask I'm just the delivery guy", she kinda chuckled and said "OK". She ran them through it came up $17.99. I asked if that was right, she said it was, I could have argued the point, in which case they would have sent some one back to the shelf to see if I was correct, then I would have goten $10 off. Mean time, I'm holding up the line in the express lane, with every one (other cashiers, and waiting customers) staring at me. That just seemed like way too much attention to go through for $3, or even a $10 discount.

:blush:

For those of you who don't know supperstore is a giant grocery store chain in Canada, kinda like a supper wal-mart.

Anyways they have a bad habit of having one price on the shelf and a higher price at the till. I picked up a pack of attends that said $14.99, I got to the tills there they weren't realy busy, just busy enogh so I could stand in line awhile with everyone looking at what I had. You have to bring your own bags, or buy them there, so I brought one and had it sitting over them in my basket. I get to the till, and tell the lady "don't ask I'm just the delivery guy", she kinda chuckled and said "OK". She ran them through it came up $17.99. I asked if that was right, she said it was, I could have argued the point, in which case they would have sent some one back to the shelf to see if I was correct, then I would have goten $10 off. Mean time, I'm holding up the line in the express lane, with every one (other cashiers, and waiting customers) staring at me. That just seemed like way too much attention to go through for $3, or even a $10 discount.

Not me! I never let a store get away with that, even if it's just a normal mistake! Once my parents bought some ice cream bars on sale at a large chain store and when they got home, they were charged full price. I took my dad back and while he was in line at the service counter with his recipt, I went back to the ice cream section and sure enough the sale sign was taped on the freezer. I went back to the service desk and my dad was next in line. The service clerk called back on the phone and then was told that there was no sale on those ice cream bars! I told her I was just back there and the sign was on the freezer. Yup! You guessed it! By the time I got back to the freezer the sign had been removed! Time for the manager! I gave him a big piece of my mind saying that while my dad was waiting in line I in fact had looked for the sale sign on the freezer and it was just there! I demanded to know who had removed that sign in the past few minutes and why! Yes, the manager immediatly turned bright red and not only did we get the sale price but because of a law in the United States that says if your product is rung up at the wrong price the store has to give you an extra $5, we gotthe extra $5 too! I've also been to drug stores, Wallgreens, and bought diapers on sale only to have them rung up at the wrong price. I do not hesitate to tell the clerk that there is a sign saying they are on sale, even if I am buying adult diapers and there are people waiting behind me. They can fix my problem and open a second checkout lane if need be! I'm the customer and I'm ultimatly who pays their salary! I got some flurescent light fixtures once on sale because of the same type of error. They had a sale sign for $11.95 but the cashier would not give me that sale price and neither would the clerk in the lighting department! He said that it was last weeks sale and they just hadn't removed the sign yet! Too bad! It's not my fault that 3 days into the new week they hadn't gotten around to removing the sale price! I ask the guard at the front door to get me the manager, he did, I explained the situation and the store manager took me back to the lighting department, told me to get as many fixtures as I needed and right in front of the clerk he said he would take me to the register to make sure the cashier gave me the sales price! Bottom line is I don't even care if I'm in soaked diapers and ready to leak, if a store dosen't give me the price that's marked or on sale, I will complain to the manager until they make it right! Stores have to stand behind thier advertised prices instead of screwing the customers into paying more. If they just don't have time to update their prices, well then they just better hire more people instead of trying to make the employees they have do the work of 2 or 3 people! Ok, I'll climb off my soapbox now!

I used to live by a store that had a pricing policy where if something rang up wrong you got it free, plus a dollar "and a thank you for bringing it to our attention"

It didn't matter what i was buying, If the price was wrong, I was getting my dollar and a thank you! :)

feels really lucky* i never have to pay for my diapers, i just made my parents believe iam a bedwetter, since i got somewhat autism nobody even questions it....its all in the mind^^ no humiliations for me:D

I would have gone ahead and paid, then gone to customer service for an adjustment. That way you would not hold up the line, and all of the work could be done from your receipt discreetly.

One Sunday morning I went to a Kmart about an hour from home and saw a sale sign for Depends for $9.99, so I picked up a package and took it to check-out. I was charged the full price (maybe it was $12.99) and pointed out to the cashier they were on sale for $9.99, and "the sign said so." The cashier said the sale ended the day before but no one had taken down the sale sign. But she charged me the sale price, and I was happy with that!

One Sunday morning I went to a Kmart about an hour from home and saw a sale sign for Depends for $9.99, so I picked up a package and took it to check-out. I was charged the full price (maybe it was $12.99) and pointed out to the cashier they were on sale for $9.99, and "the sign said so." The cashier said the sale ended the day before but no one had taken down the sale sign. But she charged me the sale price, and I was happy with that!

I know that even if the sale has ended, if they leave the sign up they have to give you the price on the sign.

Quite often, if there is a question about pricing, I will ask for someone to go check it. Sometimes I've found that the wrong product has been placed over the 'Sale' price, and that a look of the tag confirms it.

Other times, I've been right, and have had my price adjusted accordingly. I've found that the best way to handle this is to be polite in all respects and with everyone. Even if I have to ask for a supervisor, or manager, I'll ask in such a way to 'help' the cashier, like 'Maybe you're new here, but the management is here to help....' Just because they have a '5 Year' sticker on their name tag, which I convienently overlook, I find it helps.

Gary

I live in Venice, Ut. The biggest town in our area is Richfield. The only department store in the town was Big Kmart until a Wal-mart built there. Before Wal-mart everyone shopped at Kmart. They were terrible at ringing up the same price as it said on the shelfs! I didn't buy my diapers there, but in one instance my grandma was buying a bag of Depends. The cashier did not ring it up as the same price as on the shelf. My grandma argued with the cashier for five minutes. Finally, my grandma went back to the shelf, got the sale sign, and showed the cashier the price. She was quite suprized that someone would actually do that! So to avoid further argument she gave in and gave my Grandma the sale price. Kmart really pisses me off! :badmood:

Guest John_Q_Sample

You ALL have much bigger balls than I do... just give me my diapers, stick them in a bag and let me go... in case I bump into somebody. :blush:

Like I said, the customer is the one that pays their salery and the reason those people have jobs. Yes, I agree that it is best to be polite when pointing out that there is a sign showing the item is on sale. The problem in some of those stores like K-mart and Wal-Mart is that clerks are paid minimum wage, are often young people who may not yet have learned how to be tactful with customers and who now have to be both cashier and bagger. That's why if a floor clerk or a cashier gives me a problem, I don't usually get into an argument with them, I go right to the top. My time is important to me and unless staying at the checkout is my only option, I will go to the service desk to ask for the store manager. Recently I was with my family at a chain restaraunt that had coupons in the Sunday paper $4 off of 2 dinners. There were four of us that had dinners, we had 2 coupons but the waiter refused to take them both stating policy was that he could take only one coupon per table. I pointed out that there were 4 dinners bought, the coupon said $4 off 2 dinners, we had 2 coupons and no where did the coupons say that only one coupon per table could be used. All that was to no avail. When I got home I pulled up the website for that restaraunt chain, clicked on the "CONTACT US" link and explained the situation in a message to their customer service. I politly asked if it was in fact company policy to accept only one coupon per table no matter how many dinners were purchased and if so, suggested that info be printed on their coupons. I had noted which restaraunt in which city we had eaten at, the time and date and requested if the policy is that multipul coupons per table are to be accepted, what steps would they take with this particular restaraunt to correct the situation. Three days later I got an e-mail stating a letter of apology was on the way and included a case number. The next day I got a personal phone call from the district manager here in Michigan apologizing and stating that the policy is to accept as many coupons per table as dinners purchased! He also stated that he had gone to that restaraunt and personally covered with all the managers what the policy is and made sure they not only were aware of policy but made sure all their wait staff was aware of it as well. When the letter of apology came in the mail it included $15 worth of coupons off any dinner. Now, that was good customer service! I truly believe that businesses and companies are much more into customer service now than they were a few years ago. I know, I spent 5 years working to resolve customer service issues with a large corporation. What it all boils down to, for me at least, is mistakes can happen and often do. When they do happen, it's the job of the store to investigate and correct the mistake so the customer gets what they should at the price they should. If stores and clerks stop, check into it, realize a mistake has been made and corrects it, fine! It's when they argue, refuse to investigate or even get the manager to assist them that I become less polite when demanding a manager! I will still be polite when explaining the situation to the manager but I will mention that no one even offered to check or get assistance for me and I will explain that is poor customer service!

I'd have argued

Lets say they are able to "steal" $1 from you and then do the same to 1 out of every 20 people aday and they get what maybe 400 or 500 customers aday see how this starts to add up real fast. So when ever they try it on me I call them on it . You know I have to work very hard for my money and I want to keep as much of it as I can. See what I am trying to say.

I would not let them get away with it,money is money .I was at a store in ontario picking up diapers and they added sale tax to them,they are not taxable in ontario and I stood there and made them fix it even with the line up behind me.Hey 15% tax is still my money and it adds up.

yes, they have atteneds.

And as far as stealing gose, I realy do think it was, and still is an honest mistake. I went back yestertday, at the end of isle is a display with a clear sighn that says $17.99, but if you go down the isle to where the main stock is, there is another singn saying 14.99, I think either the wrong bag got placed on the wrong shelf, or they just don't know they have to prices up.

I would realy like to mention it to some there, but still don't want to draw attenion to my self. Next time I go in I'll fill out a customer coment card. That way I stay anonomous and they are aware of the problem.

I would not let them get away with it,money is money .I was at a store in ontario picking up diapers and they added sale tax to them,they are not taxable in ontario and I stood there and made them fix it even with the line up behind me.Hey 15% tax is still my money and it adds up.

Good for you dpr :thumbsup: What is even more galling is that you've already paid Income Tax on the money you hand over for your diapers. A double whammy!

Children's clothing, which includes diapers, is VAT exempt over here but Adult Diapers include the tax, although it can be claimed back. Not so with menstrual protection. Many of us have been lobbying against it for years but they are still deemed to be a luxury item :rolleyes: and we have to pay VAT (Value Added Tax, huh!) on them.

I realise the last point is slightly off-topic, and NO, I'm not equating Menstrual Products with Diapers *sensing déja-vu* ;) I just wanted to give an example of the glaring tax anomilies over here.

D :mellow: lly

Good for you dpr :thumbsup: What is even more galling is that you've already paid Income Tax on the money you hand over for your diapers. A double whammy!

Children's clothing, which includes diapers, is VAT exempt over here but Adult Diapers include the tax, although it can be claimed back.

Depends where you buy them, in most places you don't have to claim it back to get the zero-rate; you can register your eligibility status with the store and they knock it off the price you pay there and then (or more commonly with online stores, add 17.5% VAT on for customers who don't).

[covering arse]AutieAB does not advocate tax evasion though - he claims his zero-rate legitimately but reminds fellow UK DD readers that most ABDLs are not eligible for zero-rate VAT on adult diapers![/covering arse]

Back to the topic in question, I can't really afford to let stores get away with bad pricing like that so yes, I would take them to task about it. I also only ever buy AB-related items online or well away from home so I wouldn't be too bothered about other people's glances...

As far as I know, there is a law in England and Wales (I don't know if there's a Scottish equivalent) which states that the price tag or shelf ticket price must be honoured by the shop regardless of what the computer says when they scan it, if there's a lower price for that item on the shelf, you can force them to sell it at that price. Doesn't cover internet shopping, though.

Yup - 100% complain. It always seems to me customer service in the USA is rotten - the most common example of being ripped off being the infamous 'Mail-in Rebate' - That would just never be allowed in the UK, and I know a friend in Ohio who has fought legal battles with Best Buy to have them stop the practice. So many times they 'accidentally' lose your rebate, or say you havent filled in it right - why not just give the discount on the cash price? Its all a con as they KNOW so many people won't bother mailing in in rebates.

Doesn't matter what the product or service is, they are there to serve YOU - not the other way around. Consumer power - if more people stood up against corporations trying to rip its customers off, they'd soon stop it.

DP

That is so true when I worked in a large corporation and part of my job was sales. Management told us all that the main reason for rebates is half the people will not bother to send them in, also a good protion of the people will lose the recipt that is required and others will wait too long and the rebate offer will have expired. Add to that the people who don't read the instructions and properly fill out the rebate form and you are lucky if 25% ever get a rebate. Bottom line is it is a marketing tool by making your product look like such a great bargan that people will buy it. Rebates do work well as long as you include your recipt, make sure you properly fill out the form, insure that the expiration date has not passed and mail it to the correct address and box number. Then sit back and wait the 8 to 10 weeks!

most people are assholes. I remember one time me and my friends were screwing aorund and we were waving to all the cars that came down the street, a white pick up came down and flipped us off as we waved.

Another time me and my cousin were garbage picking (...don't ask...) and we started beating up of this floor fan that was waiting for pick up and the owner started yelling at us and complaining and we were in my friends driveway and we exchanged scentences and we walk away. When her husband comes home she tells him that I was calling her bad names (which I wasn't) and he gets in his car, pulls out of the driveway, races toward my in reverse like 80 mph. Luckily my BFF's parents were there to stick up for me.

Another timeme and another friend of mine were sitting on the porch of an abandoned house (that friends grandparents live behind the house) and this asshole guy comes out of the house and starts yelling at us while we did notihing at all, he called the cops and told them we were in the backyard breaking windows and vandalising the house. Luckily I didn't get arrested that time either. That guy was a dick, he used to be nice to me before I kicked his son's ass (which he deserved) Now the guy is just some junkie that wanders the streets