LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bladder spasms 24/7 12 month program

Heya beautiful people

I have been following the 12-month program for a month now. Been 24/7 since Nov 25 - use my diapers for 1 and 2.

In the last couple of weeks I have been having what I think are bladder spasms just before I pee... 

Three quick questions for the more experienced 24/7 peeps out there - 

1. What do bladder spasms feel like?
2. How long do they last for? In other words how long will I be experiencing spasms before I pee? Weeks, months, years?
3. When I experience the spasm it's almost as if something is blocking the pee from being released, I have to breath quite a bit and try not to bear down because I know the point is not to, though I am concerned that I am bearing down. How have you managed the spasms so that you don't exercise your sphincter though still pee?

Thank you so much for the help :)
xo
Jess

Jess,

a spasm can be a experienced by a number of ways...

1 - You feel the muscle open and close very fast to almost feel a vibration

2 - You feel a strange feeling from the sphincter muscle locking open without passing urine.

Neither of these should cause concern. What causes this is the muscle relaxing to the state prior to toilet training. Sphincter muscles are part of the autonomic group and have been trained to stay in one position (closed) for long times. This expends a lot of energy. What you are feeling is the result of not holding these closed. As a way to see/feel what is happening, with one hand, close it around the first finger of the other hand. Hold it like that for about 5-10 minutes. Then, with your eyes closed,  let that finger go.

You will still feel as if that finger is clamped in your hand and other pseudo symptoms. Your eyes are telling you that the finger is free, but your mind is telling you that it is still clamped. That is exactly the same your mind feels about your sphincters. I know this is easier said than done, just forget about the spasms. Your mind will learn / remember.

43 minutes ago, JessicaRyan said:

Thank you so much for the reply, much appreciated...

Any thoughts on the other two questions?

Sincerely appreciate your time and help :)

How long will they last... a few days to a few weeks. In reality, they will go on forever, but your mind will start to ignore it. The best way to accelerate this process is to try and focus on something else. I know this is easier said than done, just forget about the spasms. Your mind will learn / remember.

The only time I experienced what I was 100% certain were bladder spasms was a decade ago whilst catheterised in a hospital ICU.  I would periodically feel this overwhelming urge to pee that I could do nothing about (I was catheterised).

After going 24/7, only once after a couple of months, I sat down in a chair and experienced what seemed to be a rapid vibration from my bladder.  It only lasted a couple of seconds and never happened again.  I wrote it off as an inexplicable one-off event.

It's now been just over 1 year since I first went 24/7 and i'm around 9 months of contiguous 24/7 wearing, making zero effort at bladder control.

Just sometimes, before what I consider would be a routine and unremarkable release of urine (which I allow to happen every 10 - 20m at least), I will feel a very strong sense of urgency but no pee for a few seconds followed by what is no more than a dribble of pee into my nappy.  I'm still not sure if that's a bladder spasm or not to be honest.  That's after a year.

Thanks for the reply oznl.

There's no doubt what I am experiencing are spasms. The rapid contraction and expansion of something related to my bladder. They are quite intense though only last a few seconds - I have to breath quite deeply in and out when this happens while focusing on relaxing... Sometimes they are so intense it forces my sphincter to contract for a second or two on my urethra and anus - which is quite a strange feeling as I have not contracted either of them since I started going 24/7 just over a month ago... 

This is happening about 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time I feel an urge and then just warmth of pee filling my diaper.

I know that according to the program I am approaching the point of not feeling when I am going... I am looking very forward to the 10% becoming the 100%

I have been indulging in catheter play on and off for about 14 years. You reminded me of those delightful bladder spasms I haven't felt for months as I purged after the last lot of UTI in August. Back into it but only for 4 days due irritation. I just luv the tingling sensation up the arms. Maybe try a 'holy foly' in a day or so.