LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Can’t Make Them Fit

No mater what I do I can’t get my cloth diapers to fit right. I have a 37” waist and size large Rearz pre-fold diapers that have been washed so they’re shrunk. I’ve tried laying on my back and standing but I just can’t hold the sides snug enough AND put the pins in at the same time. How do I cloth diaper myself? HELP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes I have pinned them on knowing they will be loose around the legs and waist.  Then I will slip them down like underwear, unpin one side at legs, waist, where ever and then just pin the diaper tighter and then pull them back up.  I might do this a couple times tightening the diaper up each time while pulled down around my knees until it's snug enough when I pull it back up.  You may struggle to get it pulled back up over your butt and might have to suck your gut in a little, but it helps.

• Like 1

I also use rearz's prefolds. I find that the width is not enough for the length normally. 

That being said, what I usually do is pin the right side, then hold the other in the right position with my hand. I then pull it up like a pair of pants, tighten the left side as much as possible, then pin. Then I unpin the right side, tighten and pin again. Usually it's done by this point, but it's ok to go back and forth a couple more times.

What I do for pinning the diaper is I pull it tight with two hands, and then I pinch the diaper from above with my left hand, such that my thumb is on the inside of the diaper and my fingers are on the outside. Then I pin with my right hand.

hope this helps you

56 minutes ago, qwerty said:

I also use rearz's prefolds. I find that the width is not enough for the length normally. 

That being said, what I usually do is pin the right side, then hold the other in the right position with my hand. I then pull it up like a pair of pants, tighten the left side as much as possible, then pin. Then I unpin the right side, tighten and pin again. Usually it's done by this point, but it's ok to go back and forth a couple more times.

What I do for pinning the diaper is I pull it tight with two hands, and then I pinch the diaper from above with my left hand, such that my thumb is on the inside of the diaper and my fingers are on the outside. Then I pin with my right hand.

hope this helps you

I will try that. I really like the feel and smell of cloth diapers but they sure are a lot of work. Ugh!

• 1 month later...

WBxx is right, practice does make perfect. Well, maybe not perfect but a whole lot better than when I first started with cloth diapers. Personally I prefer lying on the bed but have learned to be able to unpin and repin my diapers when needed such as recently for a urine sample at my doctors office. I should’ve asked her for a bowl and I could’ve just wrung out my wet diaper into that but I did manage to get her a sample without doing that. It’s been about 4 years for me now wearing 24/7 out of necessity and it took about 6 months before I felt like I had it under control and I’m using cloth contour diapers which I would imagine are easier than flats or prefolds. Stay padded.

On 11/25/2019 at 3:33 PM, rusty pins said:

Sometimes I have pinned them on knowing they will be loose around the legs and waist.  Then I will slip them down like underwear, unpin one side at legs, waist, where ever and then just pin the diaper tighter and then pull them back up.  I might do this a couple times tightening the diaper up each time while pulled down around my knees until it's snug enough when I pull it back up.  You may struggle to get it pulled back up over your butt and might have to suck your gut in a little, but it helps.

...I've been doing this exact same thing lately and it works great. I have a contour cloth diaper, "pre-pinned" that's ready to go at a moment's notice and a "pre-pinned" nighttime cloth diaper set aside for night use that I "pull on" like underwear. So far, it's been working out great!!! 

Cloth always stretches. I pin mine on and eventually they loosen up a bit but it isn't a problem. You might want to look into Snappis instead of pins. Google them to see what they are and how they work. You might not think they are big enough for an adult diaper, but look into them as an alternative to pins.

2 hours ago, BabyJune said:

Cloth always stretches. I pin mine on and eventually they loosen up a bit but it isn't a problem. You might want to look into Snappis instead of pins. Google them to see what they are and how they work. You might not think they are big enough for an adult diaper, but look into them as an alternative to pins.

Also if you prefer the two point system provided by pins (one on each side) there are "Boingo" clips. Available from Amazon. Same idea as a Snappi but only two points instead of three, thicker, wider silicone rubber strap and come two per package (one for each side). About $10+ per set.

Part of the function of a good pair  of rubber panties was support. Being a separate garment with an elastic and covering the diaper with room to spare, they aided the diaper, which is fitted and pinned, stay up by adding structual support under it in the crotch. For this you want a panty with a wide range of waist sized. Instead of the Comco or Babkins 4" range, like say Med 32 - 36", you might want something like a Gary S 30 - 40". I can fit Gary S to 3XL. Also know this, you can move up to the next size. My waist was about 35" but I could fit into a Large Comco/Babykins which  started at 38" because the unstretched size of the waist elastic may have been about 34". If you look at the Gary sizes that I mentioned, most of them are listed at beginning under 35" and one of them has an unstretched size under 35". This quality makes for panties that support their own weight well and enables them to help support a decently fitted diaper.  To help you fit the diaper well, be aware that their is a space between the belly and hips that is narrower than both, If you fit and pin in that area, the joinery will be too narrow to get past the hips and it will be more inclined to stay in place and the elastic of a well-fitting panty will help keep it there

My diaper

large.2026942208_6readyforrubberpanties.

With my panties; a snap-on, a pull-on and babydoll set panties

image.png

And if fits under this babydoll

large.gallery_27920_687_41360.jpg.a94872

And stays in place fairly well. And you know how short a babdoll is. One of the things a babydoll was in earlier times was a training garment to teach a little girl to keep her skirts down and not let her panties show. Sometimes, if she was to be very diligent, she was put in a diaper and rubber panties to act as an incentive if company was over, or just rubber panties with baby powder on the  inside so that if she did let them show, Mommy would rub then and make her uncomfortable