LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Inheritance

With Janet back in Miami, I threw myself into the planning of the 10K race.    There was a meeting with the city to finalize the road closures.   I needed to send letters out to the sponsors and also place advertisements in various venues to solicit entries.    I called the company that did the race timing and made sure we were on their schedule.

I called Ivy.    She told me that she was about ready to send me a check.   I told her it could wait, but I would like her to be a race sponsor.   She’d get a poster near the finish line.   She said it was okay if she could get a picture of me next to it.   I agreed.  

I also told her that I may be routing an adult customer to her.   I told her where I bought my diapers and suggested she come up with a business plan for that aspect.   The assured me she would   I’d get back to Mrs. Flores when I knew it was ready.

The big thing to do on the race was put together a cadre of volunteers.   I started down last year's roster that Teddy had left me.    The results were startling.   Most said they were awaiting my call.   They said they always looked forward to working with Teddy and were looking forward to me.    That made my life a lot easier.

One of Teddy’s notes said that he continually was renting a PA system, and he should consider finding someone to pick one out for him.   This I could do, but I really wanted to try it out rather than just ordering it on the internet.   The nearest store that sold such was in Miami.    I could go up there.   I thought about Janet.

An hour later, I had an appointment with the store manager for the next day, and I made a call to Asher and Green.

“Hi, Jake.  What’s up?”   Janet’s cheery voice came on the line.

“I’ve got to come up to Miami to do some shopping for equipment for the 10K.    Thought we could do dinner or something.”

“Sure sounds great.  When are you coming up?”

“I was thinking about flying up this afternoon and stay overnight.   I’ve got a nine AM appointment tomorrow morning.”

“Great, meet me at the office?”

“Sure.”

“Where are you staying?”   This I hadn’t considered.   I was hoping for an offer to stay with her.   She must have sensed my hesitation.   “I’d invite you to stay with me, but I’m living at my folks’ house these days.   Trying to save some money.”

“Oh, fine.   You have a recommendation?”

“How about the W at the north end of South Beach.   Close to the local nightlife.”

“Great.   See you around six.”

I quick made airplane, rental car, and hotel reservations.   I could have driven up, but I thought that this would make me more refreshed for my activities.      I packed a bag and my diaper bag.    I put on pants for the first time in weeks and headed over to the airport.    Two hours later, I was parked at Asher and Green and went inside.

I was just about to give my name to the receptionist when Janet emerged into the waiting area.   “Jake!” she said.   I was so glad to see her, we hugged.    A distinguished older man in a suit was behind her.   Now, this is what a senior partner in a law firm should look like, I thought.     My suspicions were confirmed when Janet introduced me.

“This is my father,” she said.   “Dad, this is Jacob Moore.”

The man extended his hand with a smile.   “Thompson Green,” he introduced himself.    “Of course, I’ve heard of you.   I was hoping to meet you.  I met with your uncle Ted many times.”

I exchanged a few words with him, and we headed out.   “Don’t wait up for me,” Janet said to him on the way out with a wink.   Her father winked back.

As we got down to my car, I spoke.   “He seems like a nice man,” I said.  “Your father.”

“Oh yes, he’s not the one you have to worry about.  It’s mom.”

We swung over to the W, and I gave the car to the valet.   The bellman held on to my bags.    The receptionist told me I had an ocean view suite.    A minute later, we were standing on the room’s balcony looking out at the ocean.

“I sometimes wish I had an ocean view,” I said.

“Well, there are some houses that have them in Key West.   You can afford it.”

“I thought about it, but you have a lot of upkeep issues on the water frontage as well.    I can walk down to see it if I want.”

“So, where do you want to go to dinner?” she asked me.

“I was hoping you had some recommendations.”

“Italian?”

“Sure.”

“Then we should go to Dolce’s. It’s just a few blocks down.”

“I’ll be ready in a second.   Diaper change.”

“We don’t have time for a proper one.”  She smiled.   “Maybe later.”

I smiled too and headed off into the bathroom with my diaper bag.

We headed out.   Miami, despite being just a short drive away from the Keys, was a city.   All the buildings were white in this district, but still a city.     We got down to Dolce, which was indeed about three good blocks down.    We started with glasses of prosecco, and that put me in a good mood for the veal Milanese that followed.

“So, what are you doing these days?” Janet asked.

“Keeping busy getting ready for the 10K.   That’s why I’m up here.   Need to check out some audio equipment.”

“I was thinking of coming down for that,” Janet said.   “I’ve been working out at the gym, and I think I can make six miles.”

“I’d love to have you,”  I told her where the race signups would be.

After dinner, she led me down to Lummus Park.   One side was bordered was pretty much the bar district, and we popped into a few bars.    It wasn’t like the keys.    More of a meat market and stylish place to be seen than the casualness of our bars.   I mused, “our bars.”   Spoken like a true conch.    And, of course, I wasn’t known to everybody here.

Janet suggested we walk on the beach on the way back.    It was nice holding hands with her and hearing the ocean.

“You can take your pants off here.   Nobody will think it’s anything other than a bathing suit at this time of night.”

“I don’t want to deprive you of seeing me wearing pants,” I said.

“I like you in your diaper,” she said.

What the hell, I thought.   I kicked off my shoes.   Probably better to walk on the sand in my bare feet.   Janet had already taken her shoes off and was carrying them in one hand.      I slid my pants off and rolled them up and stuffed them into my diaper bag.    With the shoes it was a tight fit, but it worked.

Janet reached down and squeezed my crotch.   “Now, you’re appropriately dressed.”

We kissed and walked and walked and kissed.   Soon we were abeam the hotel, and I slipped back into my pants.   We walked over barefoot to the hotel.   When I got to the building, I stopped to brush the remaining sand off my feet.

“This happens all the time here,” Janet said.

“It’s a way of life in Key West,” I said.

We got to the hotel room.    “Now, I saw you needed a change right before you put your pants back on.”

She pushed me down on the bed and pulled off my pants and the wet diaper, and attacked me with the wipes.    Soon we were in the throws of lovemaking.    As we lay there relaxing afterward, Janet said, “I have to leave early in the morning.   Gotta get fresh clothes and off to work.”

I nodded and after confirming the time, ordered a room service breakfast for six-thirty.

As we ate the next morning, I asked how she was getting home.   She said it would be a quick Uber back to the office to get her car.   It told her I would drive her.  I  had plenty of time to make the run over to downtown Miami and back to get cleaned up before my meeting.   I wanted to spend every minute I could with her.

I dropped her off and kissed her.   “See you in a few weeks,” she said.   I pouted.

“Are you doing anything this evening?” I asked.   “I can head back down tomorrow.”

She thought about it for a second.   “I was having dinner with my folks downtown.”  She hesitated.  “You could come along…” she trailed off.

Her folks?    Was I ready for this?    “Sure,” I said.

“It’s a bit formal of a place.    Of course, you can show up in Miami restaurants dressed about any way you want, but Dad and I will be in our suits from work, and I’m sure mom will dress up.”

“I get the picture.   I have all afternoon to find something to wear.”   I had one suit that had been packed away since I got to the Keys.    I had lots of ties because white shirts and ties were our corporate uniform at the old job.   But I could use something nice.

We kissed again, and she headed off to her car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I made it to my morning appointment and was directed to the pro audio department.   They had set up some equipment for me to try in their warehouse, so I could test it in a large room.    I selected a couple of speakers, an amp, and a wireless and wired mikes and stands.    I arranged to have it shipped.

I headed back over to South Beach and found a menswear store.   I explained I needed something nice for a dressy dinner.    After looking at several suits, I chose an Armani in a medium blue.   The clerk told me he could get the pants and sleeves cuffed rushed as they had a seamstress on staff.    I was soon in a dressing room putting on the suit.     The seamstress came in and folded up the uncuffed legs and marked them with pins.

“Take the pants off,” she said.   I pulled them down without thinking and exposed my diaper.    Oddly, in Key West, I’d be walking around like this, but here in a little room, I felt strangely exposed.     She discretely didn’t mention it.     The clerk returned with a shirt and a nice tie that I switched into.    A while later, the seamstress returned with the pants, and I pulled them back on.   She then set on the jacket sleeves.

In an hour, I wore the new suit out.    I had enough time to try on and purchase a new pair of shoes to match and get over to the W in time to drop off all the bags and get over to the Asher and Green offices.   I met Janet in the lobby, and a second later, Thompson Green and a woman in an elegant dress appeared.

“Jake, glad you could join us,” the elder Green greeted me.   “Jacob Moore, this is my wife, Elizabeth.    Liz, Jake here was the heir of one of Janet’s clients, Ted Moore, you may remember him.”

Mrs. Green greeted me politely yet without any warmth.   I guess Janet was right about me having to work at impressing her.    We walked down to a nearby restaurant, and I was on my best manners.    Apparently, Mr. Green was in my camp as he thanked me for referring Mrs. Flores to the firm.  I broached a polite suggestion that we might find some work for a Key West office of the firm.

Dinner continued.    We returned to the office, and I bid them good night and headed back to the W.   I suspect Janet didn’t want to just be seen wandering off with me, but a few minutes later, I heard a knock at my room door.   It was Janet.

“I thought I was going to be alone tonight,” I said.

“I just needed to have a word with my mother.   I told her she better get used to you.”   I smiled.

“I didn’t think she liked me.”

“She hasn’t made up her mind.   But I think you may be making some progress.”

Janet had a little bag with her this time.   “I won’t have to run out early this time.”

The next morning I was on my way back to Key West.   One line of Janet’s stuck in my mind.   She had told her mother that she had better get used to me.

Work progressed on the race, and things were set.    I was missing Janet, but I knew she was coming down for the race, so that brightened my outlook.    I was in town meeting with the city roads department, and I didn’t want to walk home, so I walked over to the Bluefin.    They had an all-day brunch that was pretty nice.

Mildred Flores was sitting at one of the tables.   She motioned for me to join her.   “Mr. Moore, please sit down.”

“Jake,” I said taking a seat.   “Everybody calls me Jake.”

“Everybody calls me Mrs. Flores,” she said.   But with a smile added, “You, however, can call me Millie.”

The waiter came, and I ordered.

“I want to thank you for referring me to Ivy.   I’m always trying to do my thing for the environment.   She says both you and Teddy have been instrumental in her business.”

“Yes, she’s been doing my wash since she got her plant operational.   I suggested that there may be other adults who could use her service and she should work that into her plan.”

“Yes, I have been using the service for two weeks now.   It’s very nice and convenient.”

“I hope you still are keeping young,” I said with a slight wink.

Millie actually blushed at that comment.   She took a look around to make sure that nobody was listening and leaned forward.   “I am.   I’ve got some fascinating covers.    Thanks for the links.”

We made small talk while we ate.    Then Millie broached the subject.   “That lovely lady attorney, Janet Green, is coming down on Friday with the last of my trust paperwork.    You should marry that girl.”

There it was out in the open.   Marry Janet.    I mean, I’d not really thought about it.   But we were hitting it off, and I ached when she wasn’t there.   I voiced my concern out loud.  “But she’s up in Miami, and I’m down here.   I told her she should open an office down here.”

“Perhaps I can help steer some business to her and convince her.”   Now Millie was colluding on this whole marriage thing.

Janet hadn’t told me she was coming down, but she showed up on Thursday evening.    I had to tell her the Millie had told me.

“Oh, I wanted it to be a surprise.    I should have realized there are no secrets in the Conch Republic.”

“I had lunch with her yesterday.   She spilled the beans.”

I took Janet to lunch after her meeting with Millie.    “Mrs. Flores thinks she can steer me some more business if we had a presence here.”

“I told you that you should hang out a shingle here.”

“I don’t know how daddy would take it.   He’s dreaming of me becoming a partner in the firm eventually.    Walter, that’s Mr. Asher, is going to retire one of these days.”

We discussed the upcoming 10K, and she said she would fly down if I could pick her up.   I told her, of course.   We had a lovely weekend, and I let her go only knowing she’d be back soon.

• Like 3

Jim Moss came by the next day and told me work on Teddy’s statue was progressing.   He had talked to the city commissioners and the mayor, and they were talking about declaring a “Teddy Moore Day” for the unveiling.   I thought that was an excellent idea.   I pointed out that if we got all the Duval street businesses to have a sidewalk fair deal, it would have been just the sort of thing Teddy would have enjoyed.     We started making plans.   Jim was fairly sure the merchants would be glad to participate.

I sat down and started architecting the plans for Teddy Moore Day.   I soon had a plan that I gave to Jim to run by the city.   I started taking it to my friends in the galleries, stores, restaurants, and bars.   As Jim surmised, all were on board with the idea.   It was good business, and they were glad to do it in Teddy’s honor.

Time flew, and I was picking Janet up for the race weekend.   We had a great dinner the night before and much time in bed.   I woke up early.   “I have to go and get the race setup.   You can sleep in a few more hours before you have to show up at the start line.”   She smiled and rolled over.

I bustled around doing the last minute directing.     Ivy was there and she snapped a picture of me standing in front of the banner advertising her business.   Soon the runners were lining up in the start area.    I craned to see Janet in the crowd.   There was such a diverse set of costumes among the runners.   There were even a few sporting diapers.   I got the microphone out and made some announcements.    A starter’s pistol was handed to me, and I held it aloft and pulled the trigger.   The race was off.

I watched the runners dash past me and then I saw Janet.    She was wearing a leotard and tutu skirt, and she altered course to give me a quick peck on the lips as she headed off.    I watched her as she jogged off.   The costume was really cute, and the spandex enhanced her figure.    I loved it.

The course was a large loop and returned back to where it had started.   I waited for Janet to come back and gave her a big hug as she came back over the line.    She hung around as I directed the cleanup and we headed off.   “You want to stop somewhere to eat?” I asked.

“Dressed like this?” she said pointing at her outfit.  

“Sure, why not.   You look great.   Besides, I go around dressed like this.”

“I’m all sweaty.   I want a shower first.”

We went back to the house, and she showered.    She came out wearing a very short dress.    Not the leotard, but sexy none the less.   We popped down to Duval and found a table that suited us.

“So did you talk to your dad about what Millie said?” I asked her.

“He’s taking it under advisement.    I  think he fears that if he doesn’t go for it, I might just leave the firm and go out on my own.”

“You’d do that?”

“It would break Daddy’s heart.    But given the right incentive, I might.”

Right incentive I thought.

We wandered down Duval, which was getting to be our usual routine, popping into stores from time to time, stopping to talk to people in bars.    I got several compliments on the race and people saying they were looking forward to Teddy Day.    Rose came up and gave Janet a big hug and then turned and gave me her usual hug and ass goose.   She turned back to Janet.   “You should marry this boy,” she said.

Janet looked her straight in the eye and said, “He hasn’t asked me.”

Rose reached out and actually slapped me and said “Well, what are you waiting for.”

We all laughed and moved down.    The slap, though, really gave me concern.    While we were stopped for a drink, I excused myself for a diaper change and called Kristie.    “I need you to do something for me.”

We worked our way up to Mallory Square for the sunset.   We had taken our position on the edge of the pier, and I looked around discreetly.    I finally spotted Kristie, and she had spotted me.    She bustled over to me and handed me a small bag.

“What’s that?” Janet asked.   Kristie had taken several steps away.   The crowd was all staring off at the setting sun.    I opened the bag and extracted a box.     I took a quick peek inside.  

“Very good, Kristie,” I thought to myself.  It was perfect.    I got down on one knee.    “Janet, will you marry me?”

“Oh, Jake.   I didn’t mean to pressure you when I told Rose that you hadn’t asked.”

“No pressure.   I’ve been thinking about it.   Rose’s slap just got me off my rear end.   So?   Will you?”

“Of course,” she said.   She grabbed for me and pulled me to my feet, and we kissed.    I heard applause.   We broke, and I saw Kristie was taking pictures.   A small crowd had formed and joined in.    I saw Rose cruising up, and she kissed both of us.   I saw a bartender and waiters I recognized from the nearby rooftop bar.   They were handing out plastic champagne glasses and filling them with bottles they had brought over on a cart.

Janet and I were each presented a nicer glass of champagne.     The bartender explained.   “Kristie did it.   She told us you were proposing, and some others overheard, and we just couldn’t stop it.    You’re very lucky, she said yes.

“I am indeed.”

Another restaurant owner came up and asked us to stop in for a special treat.    And so Janet and I and Kristie and Rose and a crowd of followers made our way down Duval Street.   People all stopped to wish us well.    Drinks and food were handed to us.   I was stuffed and quite drunk by the time we made it to the far end.    I didn’t think I’d be able to walk home, so I was glad when a pedicab driver showed up and offered us a lift.

Janet and I got home and fell into bed.    We were tired but keyed up with excitement.   We made love and fell asleep.

The next morning we discussed preliminary plans.  “Now I’m going to have to tell my folks,” she said.   “This may be difficult.”

“Should I have asked your father?” I said.

“No, but maybe you should have asked mom.”

We decided to call them together.    Thompson was enthusiastic.    Mrs. Green was polite but wished us well.    I was going to have to work on this.

• Like 4

Janet and I made plans for the wedding.  Of course, we wanted it to be in Key West.   We settled on the lawn of the Truman Annex.     Besides, getting ready for the wedding, Janet was getting ready to open up the local office of Asher and Green.   Her father had come through and agreed to let her work down here.    Kristie helped a lot with those logistics.

I was also busy getting ready for Teddy Moore Day.    There were things to be organized.   The sculpture was done and sitting in a warehouse waiting to be installed.   Arturo was flitting all over the place, making the preparations for that.

We tried to figure out what we wanted to do for a honeymoon.   We didn’t want to travel too far, and where do you go that’s better than Key West?   We couldn’t spend much time.   Teddy Moore Day was going to follow on not too much later than the wedding, and Kristie and Janet had the new office to run.

Still, I had to deal with Janet’s mother.    I made a phone call and asked Mrs. Green if I could meet her for lunch.   She informed me that she would receive me at their house.   I put on my best casual outfit I could and made my way up there.

Mrs. Green greeted me at the door.   I called her Mrs. Green.   She called me Jacob.   I decided not to ask her to call me Jake like everybody else did.    I doubt she was going to be instantly familiar like Millie was.

A maid came in and poured tea then excused herself.    Mrs. Green started right in.  “You and Janet have only known each other such a short time.”

I was prepared for this question, and I explained that we had spent much time together and that when you knew you had found the right one, it didn’t take long to decide.    I pointed out that Janet’s client Mrs. Flores and others had made the suggestion upon seeing us together.   I omitted being slapped by a drag queen.

Lunch was served, and Mrs. Green lamented that she feared Janet’s career might suffer down in the Keys.    I told her that we had found that there was quite a bit of work there and that the firm would be advancing into new areas.    “Yes, Thompson told me the same thing, but I’m concerned about Janet.”

“She has me to fall back on,” I said.   “You do know I have quite an inheritance and I was a financial banker and am doing well managing what was left me.”

“Yes, that is a bit of a comfort to me,” she said giving the slightest nod that I might be a good provider to her daughter.    Having finished her meal, she set her silverware down.   “I must now ask you some personal questions.”

I drew a deep breath.   “Of course.”

“I understand you wear diapers.    Are you wearing one now?”

“I am.    I suspect the next question is going to be why?”

“It is.”

I explained to her that it was something I had developed early in my youth as a comfort and that while I didn’t know my Uncle Ted had similar interests, he had been supportive of me, where my own parents had not.   I had not known that they thought that he had been encouraging the behavior and that ended up with us being somewhat alienated.

I told her that since I received the inheritance, it had allowed me to live my desired lifestyle of wearing diapers all the time.     I detailed how I discovered how Teddy lived after coming down to Florida and that events had led me to my current life.

“And you like walking around in a diaper all the time?”

“Yes, I admit it took some courage to do, but now it was part of life in Key West.”

She pursed her lips.   She was thinking about something.   “Now, can I get very personal.”

“Of course.”

“Do you use the diapers?”

“Yes, I rarely use the toilet anymore.”

“And you’re not incontinent at all?”

“Not really.   I guess I’ve kind of gotten use to always being able to go and don’t give it much thought.   But there’s no medical reason if that’s what you’re asking.”

“And you don’t find that degrading.”

“No, I’m used to it.   It’s actually convenient at times.”

She shook her head.   I thought it was disapproval, but then she said, “You know, when I first started having this problem, I was scared.    Now it’s just a giant inconvenience.”

“You’re having incontinence problems?” I asked.

“Yes.    I wear these Depend briefs.    They’re working OK for now, but I worry that things might get worse, and I’ll end up in diapers like you.”

“I’m sorry.   I didn’t know.”

“I’m not open about it like you.    I doubt even Janet knows.    Thompson does, of course.    But we don’t talk about it.”

“If there is anything I can do,” I offered.   “I’ve given some advice to some others who have confided in me.”

“Thank you.  If you wouldn’t mind.   Please keep this in confidence, even with Janet.”   There was a longer pause.

“Now, we have just one more issue to iron out between us.”   I was dreading the next topic.    “We need to decide what you’re going to call me.     Mrs. Green just isn’t going to cut it given our relationship.    I guess you need to decide if you want to call me mom like Janet does or Liz.”

I smiled.   “Let’s start with Liz and see how it works out.    Please, I’d like you to call me Jake.”

“Yes, Jake.   Let’s try that.”

• Like 3

The planning progressed.    The invitations were out.  Everybody in town wanted to attend, and even with my money, that wasn’t practical.   We’d hold the service on the waterfront on Mallory Square.   Everybody who wanted to join us there for that.    Then we’d have a friends and family reception at the annex.    We’d then do a Duval crawl afterward, and people could join us at any point in that.

I called my mother.   She was happy I had found someone.   I told her about the plans.   

“You expect a crowd of people to follow you around?” she asked incredulously.

“Yes.   I’m becoming quite popular here, and I’m also riding Teddy’s coattails.   He was the most liked man in town as far as I can tell.”

“Your uncle Ted?”

“Yes, didn’t you know?”

“No.   I’ve not heard from him since he moved away.   Your dad talked to him a couple of times, but that’s it.”

I got a feeling she didn’t know the whole story and maybe dad didn’t.   I’d better warn her about the diaper wearing.

We decided on a slight bit of formality for the service.    I’d wear the suit I’d bought in Miami and Janet would wear a proper wedding gown.   Janet wanted me to avoid seeing it before the wedding, so she and her mother, and sometimes Kristie, would go out on the planning.

I did know about the bridesmaids.   Janet had her long-time friend from Miami as the maid of honor, but she also asked Rose to be one.  “Always a bridesmaid, never a bride,” was Rose’s comment.    Rose also helped pick the bridesmaid’s dresses.    Drag queens have that area covered.

I asked Arturo and Jim to stand up for me.    I was torn on the best man, but this was Key West.  Why did it have to be a man?   I asked Kristie to stand next to me.   Janet and I dodged the religion issues by asking the Mayor to officiate. 

For the reception and the following crawl, we’d switch to something more casual.     I found a dress I loved on Janet in one of the shops on Duval.    It was a short yet elegant silk number.    I’d have to constantly fight putting my hands on her while she was wearing it.    Janet was perusing some websites and found a satin diaper cover and was able to find a matching Hawaiian-style shirt for me to wear.

The day came.   I stood on the pier with the Mayor ready to officiate.    The square was as full as the most glorious sunset evening.    A few friends and family sat in folding chairs set up near us, but most just crowded around anywhere they could see.    Suddenly, from over near the annex, I heard a small brass band playing.    This was not in the plans, I heard later they spontaneously volunteered.    They marched out of the annex causing the crowd to part slightly to allow them to pass.

This was good as it made a path for the bridesmaids to march behind them.    The band reached where I was and transitioned into the wedding march.     All heads turned back up the path, and Janet appeared on Thompson’s arm.    I was just awestruck with how beautiful she was.    The two made their way to me.    Thompson shook my hand and stepped back.

“Are you ready to do this?” I whispered in Janet’s ear.

“Hold on,” she said.    She stopped and closed her eyes for a few seconds.   Then she opened them.   She leaned forward very close so no one else would hear.   “I’m wearing bridal diapers.   Just used them.”   She pulled back a little and said, “Now, I’m ready.”

I don’t remember much of the service.  It went too fast.   I recall acknowledging the vows and kissing the bride.    We were marching down the aisle with the band playing behind us.    We got over to a borrowed room at the Annex and started to make our change.   I helped Janet out of the layers of wedding dress.    Sure enough, she was wearing a diaper underneath.    I untapped it and reached for wipes.

“Do you want me to do a full change?” I said.

“We don’t have time for consummation.   It’s taking us long enough as it is.”

“Do you want another diaper?”

“No, it wouldn’t look good under that dress.”    Janet slid the dress over her head and I zipped it up.    She took my hand and ran it over her rear.   “Remember, no diaper, no nothing.”   I’d remember.

I ditched out of the suit and did a quick change of my diaper pulling on the satin cover and then putting on the matching shirt.   We headed out to the reception.    My father caught sight of me and shook his head.   There were some toasts and a dinner and a few dances with a local band.   Kristie made a toast to the memory of Teddy that brought a round of applause from people.    I looked over at my father and he was looking rather uncomfortable.

Janet’s maid of honor made her toast.   Thompson got up and made one on behalf of him and Liz.   We did a ceremonial first dance.    Then Rose got up and belted out a love ballad.

Soon, we were off for the stroll down Duval street.   We were invited into just about every establishment.   Crowds parted for us but closed up tight behind us.    Everybody wanted to be part of the party.    I mused that Teddy would have loved this.   It was nearly dawn before we got home.   Fortunately, we had everything packed as we had to be at the cruise docks in the late morning. 

Kristie saw us off.    She promised me she’d take care fo the rest of the Teddy Day issues that came up and told Janet that the office would be ready when she got back.    The ship pulled off, and I knew I’d spend the next few days in shorts when we were out of the room, but we spent much of our time in bed

• Like 3

Upon our return, I got home, and Kristie called and said that Arturo and Jim wanted to meet us, and she wanted to show Janet the new office, and so we’d meet there.     I did a quick change into cloth diapers, which I had not been wearing the cruise and pulled on a diaper cover and headed out with Kristie and Janet.

We got over to Duval, and Kristie led us to a little house across the street from the courthouse that had been made into several offices.    Next to the front door was a smart plaque.    “Asher and Green, Attorneys,”  it said.    And then underneath, “Janet Green Moore.”   I took Janet’s picture next to the sign, her pointing at her name.    Then something occurred to her.

“Did my father send down stationary?”

“Just came in.”   Kristie smiled and went inside and produced a sheet and handed it to Janet.

“What is it?” I asked as Janet stared at the paper.

She handed it to me.   “Asher and Green,” it proclaimed at the top.    On the left side were some names.    Walter Asher was listed as emeritus.   “Emeritus?” I asked.

“Walter has finally retired, I guess,” Janet said.   “But that’s not the important part.”   The next name was Thompson Green.    Then there was another name I didn’t recognize and then “Janet Green Moore.”  There was a gap and then other attorneys in alphabetical order.

“You don’t get it?” Janet said.   I shook my head.   “I’m up at the top of the list.   I used to be down below Matthew Garber in alphabetical order.    This is where they put the names of the partners.   That’s why my name is on the sign, too.”

It took me a second to recognize the implication.   “You made partner!  Congratulations,” I said and hugged her.

We found Arturo and Jim.   The statue was standing on the corner of the little park that we had decided upon.   I could see the outline of the arm under the tarp that was covering it.   I knew it was Teddy reaching out to Duval street from the sketches that Arturo had made.

“Do you want a peek?” Arturo asked.

“No, I think I’ll get the full reveal with everybody else,” I said.   “Is everything set.”

Kristie and Jim gave their assurances that all was ready.   The day after tomorrow was Teddy Moore day, and the Mayor would unveil the statute at a small ceremony at ten in the morning.   After that, it would be the big fair on Duval street and throughout many of the adjoining streets.

Janet and I settled into a day of getting ourselves organized at home.    The day arrived.   Janet said she had to run down to her office for a moment, and she would meet me at the unveiling.    I kissed her goodbye.

About nine-thirty, I started out.   As I neared Duval, I started to sense something odd was going on.   I could see people gathered in the distance but couldn’t quite make it out.    As I approached, I knew what was up.    People were wearing diapers.   Oh, there were a few in shorts, but lots of people were wearing diapers.

“Jake’s here,” I heard someone shout.   People rushed up to greet me.   I shook hands with many a diaper-clad man and woman.    I neared the statue, and I saw Janet and Kristie standing together.   They, too, were wearing diapers.   I made my way up to them.

“It was Kristie’s idea,” Janet said.   “She wanted it to be a surprise to you.”

“It was indeed,” I said.

“Well, I started bouncing the idea around, and Rose and others thought it was a great idea.   Everybody wanted in on it.   It’s a good thing that you were out on the cruise.”

Ivy was there handing out business cards.   She was wearing transparent plastic pants over her cloth diaper.   I guess it was to show off the product better.    Perhaps she’d find someone who wanted to buy her service after the day was done.    I looked out over the crowd and spotted Millie.   She walked up toward me and stopped and spun around.    She was wearing a cute diaper cover with ruffles on the seat.

“Very stylish,” I told her.

“I ordered it special for today,” she said, shaking my hand.   I gave her a big hug.

I got up to the platform.   They had set up my PA system.   It was a good thing I had followed Teddy’s suggestion to get it.   The mayor, also sporting a diaper, stood up and started.

“Greetings, ladies and gentlemen.    On behalf of the commissioners and the city of Key West, in recognition of his ongoing contribution to our community, I announce that June 29 is hereafter officially Theodore ‘Teddy’ Moore day.”   There was a round of applause.    After it subsided.   “We have Teddy’s nephew, Jake Moore here.   Jake is following in his uncle’s footsteps in more ways than one.   He’s demonstrated himself to be a further asset to the community.    Jake, I would like you to do the honor in unveiling the statue.”

I stated my thanks and stepped forward, and was given a rope to pull.    I yanked it, and the tarp dropped to the ground.   Another larger round of applause followed.    I looked, and there was Teddy, in his diaper, hand stretched out toward Duval street.   It was him, alright.

“Jake, if you’d like to say a few words,” the mayor passed the mike to me.

“If you knew Teddy, and many of you did, you’d know he’d hate the concept of a statue in his honor.   I found a whole box full of awards you had given him in the past, and he was much too modest to display them.   Well, Teddy’s unfortunately gone, and he’ll just have to deal with this honor.”   There was a round of laughs at that.   “But, looking out at all of you, I can tell you that Teddy would be extremely pleased with how you’re all dressed.”  More laughs.   “And he’d love the party Duval street is throwing in his honor, though he’d just point out that you’re using him as an excuse to have a party.   He’d be OK with that, too.”   More applause followed.   “So, let’s get this party started!”

We all descended from the makeshift stage and started up Duval street.    Kristie leaned over to me and said: “Teddy, would so have loved this part.”

I put my arm around Janet.    “I’d have to say I do like this look on you.”

She smiled, “Don’t get too used to it.    I have the image of a law partner to keep up.   But I might wear it around the house from time to time if it leads to something.”  

“Oh, it definitely could lead to something,” I said, giving her a big kiss.

We started up Duval street with the crowd shaking hands.   Janet leaned over, giving her crotch a little pat, “I may have to use this before long.” I smiled, and we continued on to the party.

EPILOG

It’s been a year since we were married.    Another Teddy  Moore day is rolling along, and it looks like more of the town is planning to turn up diapered.    Janet and I are immensely happy together.   She’ll parade around the house in a diaper because she knows it will get a rise out of me.   She occasionally will wear one out, but she has her attorney image to maintain.

There are others in town that are now also sporting diapers out and about.    It’s somewhat gratifying to see.   Let’s see what other changes have come to pass.    Ivy expanded her business into the greater Miami area.    I offered to make her a loan but she talked me into going partners with her.   I help her when I can with the financials.    We’re not seeing too many diaper lovers up in Miami but we are making some progress marketing to the incontinence users.

Thompson and Liz come down to visit periodically.    It’s like having real parents.    Mine no longer correspond with me, not that they were ever that supportive.     Liz’s incontinence is getting worse, and I introduced her discreetly to Millie.    I suspect that they are providing each other with private support with their problem.

I continue to do whatever I can for the community.    A political group came over the other day, and I thought they were going to ask me to be on some committee.    It turns out they want me to run for mayor.   I’d have to think that over, but Key West may have a diapered mayor next term.

For now, I’m living life the way I chose.    I was fortunate that I got the opportunity, and I hope you someday can as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Yes, that is the end (at least until I can come up with some plot for a sequel).

Thank you for your comments.    It is these statements that keep me going in my writing.    I promise to get back and finish the Babies of Madison High one of these days.   However every once in a while an idea for a story like this one leaps in my head and I have to run with it.    A similar one you may enjoy is up on my website (it had been posted here a couple of years back):

http://willnotwill.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/NewYearsBaby.pdf

It takes place in Austin and I've tried to be true to the local environment as I was in this story.   It's sort of my take on the Hangover movies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really enjoyed this story as I do many of yours.   I go to Key West quite often and have been to many of the places in the story.   I put together an outfit for my next visit to Key West.  I was going for a beach look, I do hope it is not to flamboyant!

Thanks for the kind words.  It's been four or five years since I was in Key West (for a few years we were going down each spring).    I was hoping I wasn't too far out of date.   I did a lot of refreshing my memory with googling stuff down there writing the stories.

Love the outfits!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I don’t really want to pull up stories this far down the list, but I have been working my way back to the top and some stories just demand a comment. I loved the story willnotwill! You did a superb job with this one. 

Thanks.   I'm glad you like it and the appreciations expressed here are my major compensation.

I'm working on fleshing out the first Diapered Detective book (which as posted here as somewhere between novella and novel) and am working on the second.