LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

None Dare Call it DIAPER

On 10/15/2019 at 3:14 PM, DL-Boy said:

I just realized after reading this that my diapers may have to be put away for a few weeks after my surgery at the end of October...  I'm having an inflatable penile pump installed and I'm pretty sure I'll be catheterized for a few days and I'll have a big bandage wrapped around my penis for some time.  I don't think being in a wet diaper is conducive to proper healing without chance of infection...

@scif788 I came out of surgery okay Monday morning.  Very little pain in the important area of the implants.  The main discomfort is where the doctor placed the reservoir bladder in my left pubic abdominal cavity.  I figure I'll have several days of pain and tenderness to come.  Will be seeing the doctor in two weeks exactly for post-surgical checkup and first activation of my new bionics ?.

Yesterday I woke up wearing and using an Abena Premium XL4 but wore Jockeys bikini briefs to the hospital.  Today I'm wearing the "support garment" (Jock-strap) that they put me in after surgery, along with some very loose (X-large) compression pants they provided at the hospital (needed the next size down).  Have an ICE BAG stuffed down my pants on top of the left side of my pubic bone due to the discomfort from the reservoir placement. 

I may start wearing pull-ups in a few days, or just break out the diapers again after the pain is better or when I don't need the scrotal lift anymore.  I won't be using though until I see the doctor and confirm the surgical incisions are healed up.  Don't want to get a skin disorder while healing as things could go horribly wrong fast.

[EDIT:] Oh, and no catheter now!

It is a "diaper", but because of dignity issues, it is designated as an incontinent brief. The reason people that "have" to wear them due to medical or congenital issues don't want their undergarments to be associated with wearing an infants garment as an adult. But, AB/DL's prefer it. I used to tell people at airports I was wearing a brief and some people refer to underwear as briefs also, so it was confusing. When you tell anyone, "I'm wearing a diaper." There's no confusion on their part, however you do get a lot of oh, how sad. After my CABG (open heart surgery) I will be on diuretics for the rest of my life to keep the fluid off my heart, and out of congestive heart failure. If you've ever taken a diuretic, when you have to go, there's no I need to find a bathroom, it's you have to go, SO YOU GO, whether you're standing in front of urinal, or sitting on a toilet, so for convenience I wear a "DIAPER" and I've had people ask me how I can consume so much water when I'm working and never take a break. I have told them about the 6000ml diapers from Bambino, and ABU, and even let some of them feel the thickness through my pants and ass.

• Like 1
I don't anymore, used to wear Walmart Assurance pull-ups (disposable underwear) but now it's Assurance stretch briefs (diapers) during the day and Abena Abri-form Premium (cloth backed) diapers at night. Occasionally I'll either wear a PUL cover with inserts or a pin-on diaper with a waterproof cover.  Just bought my first gauze 4-layer Purity diaper and Leakmaster PUL pants and figured out the best way to fold the diaper. Then after wearing it two nights in a row with microfiber inserts for added absorbency, I had to figure out how to find the ammonia when washing them (answer: soak with a little vinegar).

My incontinence is getting better but i still have occasional accidents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 hour ago, Fulldiaper said:

It is a "diaper", but because of dignity issues, it is designated as an incontinent brief. The reason people that "have" to wear them due to medical or congenital issues don't want their undergarments to be associated with wearing an infants garment as an adult. But, AB/DL's prefer it. I used to tell people are airports I was wearing a brief and some people refer to underwear as briefs also, so it was confusing. When you tell anyone, "I'm wearing a diaper." There's no confusion on their part, however you do get a lot of oh, how sad. After my CABG (open heart surgery) I will be on diuretics for the rest of my life to keep the fluid off my heart, and out of congestive heart failure. If you've ever taken a diuretic, when you have to go, there's no I need to find a bathroom, it's you have to go, SO YOU GO, whether you're standing in front of urinal, or sitting on a toilet, so for convenience I wear a "DIAPER" and I've had people ask me how I can consume so much water when I'm working and never take a break. I have told them about the 6000ml diapers from Bambino, and ABU, and even let some of them feel the thickness through my pants and ass.

The big problem with that is if you just look at the thing, you know what it is; I mean contour shape, tapes and padding. If it looks like a pamper, guess what it is and whoever doesn't know that is fooling only themselves and they know it. The net result is that the industry loses credibility and whenver they speak about anything. If anyone has 3 working brain cells near each other about 350 BS alarms go off. That is NOT good when you consider that medicine is often a matter of life and death. Aside from which, "civilians" call them "diapers" as a matter of course anyway and it devolves to "who are you trying to kid and what else are you saying that's a crock?"

The problem with pc-speech is that it is obviously trying to deny something and the specifics of that attempt, such as  "differently able" is glaringly apparent in the way that it is framed (in this case, if you have a disability and a reasonable IQ, you sniff it out in .3632 seconds; and the uptightness that goes with it. What comes to mind is "patronizing")

• Thanks 2
20 hours ago, Little Christine said:

If you just look at the thing, you know what it is; I mean contour shape, tapes and padding. If it looks like a pamper, guess what it is and whoever doesn't know that is fooling only themselves and they know it.

So true.  I recently had to let a therapy professional know that I wore a disposable incontinence brief.  I'm sure this person probably thought of Depends pull on underwear, however when this professional saw me wearing it, there was no mistaking it was a diaper!  Plastic backed, tapes, obviously an adult diaper even though I referred to it as a "disposable brief"  Like I said before, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck...........

So true.  I recently had to let a therapy professional know that I wore a disposable incontinence brief.  I'm sure this person probably thought of Depends pull on underwear, however when this professional saw me wearing it, there was no mistaking it was a diaper!  Plastic backed, tapes, obviously an adult diaper even though I referred to it as a "disposable brief"  Like I said before, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck...........

I am incontinent so i wear incontinence briefs as much as i or i dart to the bathroom and try make it if i can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear the whole term we use for adult diapers is cultural. It is apparently a North American thing but in other countries like in Sweden, they call it a diaper. Do they call it a nappy in the UK too than brief or underwear or pads? In your country, do they call it a diaper? 

In Switzerland, where we have 4 national languages, it is usually called something like protective underwear. However when speaking, it is often referred as diaper (or an other language’s translation).
Funny to notice test I have an American doctor and write a medical certificate that “he needs to wear diapers at all times”.
Much easier this way, even for medical professionals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Healthcare pros are trained not to call it a diaper as some patients find it infantilism gets and humiliating. 
What I find interesting is some pros find it odd when a patient refers to it as a diaper, as though the pros internalize the negative connotations of the word, which is definitely a step in the wrong direction.

4 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

Healthcare pros are trained not to call it a diaper as some patients find it infantilism gets and humiliating. 
What I find interesting is some pros find it odd when a patient refers to it as a diaper, as though the pros internalize the negative connotations of the word, which is definitely a step in the wrong direction.

That is the danger of "political correctness" which its proponents say does no real harm. What about breeding in an aversion to the truth? What happens when that spreads into new categories, under the agies of "The Agenda" in a life ande death issue? And what of the mental health status of such a thing? Back in the 60's and 70's we used to criticize religion for indoctrinating children and in the 50's the US criticized the Soviet Union for doing the same. This is the psychology of the mind-control cults

If you doubt me, and I hope you do: and note the SOURCE which the CDC swallowed whole without examination because it was Preaching the Gospel  https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106268439

And NPR is no "Trump-loving Right Wing Conspiracy"

32 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

That is the danger of "political correctness" which its proponents say does no real harm. What about breeding in an aversion to the truth? What happens when that spreads into new categories, under the agies of "The Agenda" in a life ande death issue? And what of the mental health status of such a thing? Back in the 60's and 70's we used to criticize religion for indoctrinating children and in the 50's the US criticized the Soviet Union for doing the same. This is the psychology of the mind-control cults

If you doubt me, and I hope you do: and note the SOURCE which the CDC swallowed whole without examination because it was Preaching the Gospel  https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106268439

And NPR is no "Trump-loving Right Wing Conspiracy"

If calling it a brief saves one person embarrassment, is that not better than the secret thrill fetishists get from hearing a someone refer to our diaper?

I don’t see the harm here. It’s not really an issue. Healthcare is a follower. It’s up to society to change the negative connotations of “diaper,” and the healthcare field will follow.

If your life dependied on knowing what was true AS MINE HAS DONE very recently, should "embarrassment"  get in the way? And  make no mistake Healthcare deals in life and death issues. I demonstrated how  a falsehood replaces truth in another issue.Man is a creature of habit: Especially habit of mind; called a "mindset". Would you rather the mindset of lying and see where THAT goes, or of truthfulness. What if saving one person embarrassment (who probably knows you are kidding him along. In this case; the shape, the padding, the tapes and the gathers just scream PAMPER) and have five persons die from your habit of lying, or run the risk of embarrasment and have all six persons live? Today's unquestioned slogans become tomorrows accepted truths As the NPR piece demonstrates. You will live through the embarrassment. Apparently the Europeans do. and "Healthcare [or any industry] is a follower: is not  a justification for anything: Only an excuse for cowardice. That is what Eichmann said and the next thing is "I see nothing, I know nothing and I want to know; Nothing", which I call "Sgt Schultz Syndrome". Jonestown was nade of "followers" as was Nsazism or Bolshevism. It all starts with the innocent "white lie" that is the dipping of one's toe into the world of dishonesty and ends in the sea of blood and mangled bodies of the "followers" who traded their minds for a game of "follow the leader" and got into the habit of knowing nothiing. It were better to make 10 errors by honest judgement than accepting ONE true thing as a "follwer"; on faith: What do you do when your Fuhrer, Duce, Messiah or guru fails you?

The cosmic joke of all of this is that we have gone, in the name gun control, from "If it saves one person's life" to the Narcissitic absurdity of "If it saves one person's embarrassment" just as Existentialism, which tried to "answer life's questions" ended up giving us the "Theatre of the Absurd"

QED

A thought has occurred to me. Given the elastic leg gathers and the waistband. Allmodern diapers could be considered briefs since they resamble mens' briefs, which has included things like San-Pant and things that pre-date throw-aways, FAR more than they resemble real diapers. But that would be also true of Pampers, Huggies et al.This would apply to the infant "contour diapers" of the 1960's which looked a lot like undewerwear more than real diapers and were often elasticised at the waist and legs. The same for AIO/Pocket diaper

It's a dignity thing. Even at nursing homes there is the hope that patients will regain the ability to use the toilet, but that depends on how well staffed and organized the facility is so that caregivers can help patients make it to the bathroom on time.

My experience with relatives who have gone to assisted living is the first thing they do is put them in diapers!  Weather they may need them or not, it's easier to just change a diaper on the nurses schedule than to have to drop everything and rush to help someone make it to the bathroom.  Besides, they can make extra money by charging their insurance inflated costs for the crummy diapers they use. 

CNA's don't sit at a computer playing cards while they wait for someone to need something. Each assignment can take upwards 20 minutes, especially when people aren't up front about what they need, when tasks pile up since a team member isn't pulling their weight, or when someone gets back to their room during dinner time after a day in town and is soaked in shit. I'm not saying negligence is justifiable, but it happens for a reason.

On 10/30/2019 at 10:05 AM, Little Christine said:

The big problem with that is if you just look at the thing, you know what it is; I mean contour shape, tapes and padding. If it looks like a pamper, guess what it is and whoever doesn't know that is fooling only themselves and they know it. The net result is that the industry loses credibility and whenver they speak about anything. If anyone has 3 working brain cells near each other about 350 BS alarms go off. That is NOT good when you consider that medicine is often a matter of life and death. Aside from which, "civilians" call them "diapers" as a matter of course anyway and it devolves to "who are you trying to kid and what else are you saying that's a crock?"

The problem with pc-speech is that it is obviously trying to deny something and the specifics of that attempt, such as  "differently able" is glaringly apparent in the way that it is framed (in this case, if you have a disability and a reasonable IQ, you sniff it out in .3632 seconds; and the uptightness that goes with it. What comes to mind is "patronizing")

The problem is the majority of person's wearing diapers, are ABDLTGTB and all the other letters of the alphabet. Person's that have medical issues prefer to refer to them as brief, pants, pads. Some thing can have various descriptors to describe it. The stigma around diapers is related to the smaller variety. Now every healthcare person knows about dignity protocol when  it comes to caring for patients in their charge. Family members if they heard someone refer to their parent, grand-parent etc. as a big baby wearing diapers, could potential have a defamatory suite against that facility. So, also for legal reasons they're called other things than "diapers".

Long term care someone for convenience and dignity might be place in a brief, but in an assisted living, you have to be able to clothe yourself and generally take care of your own hygiene or you can't have residence in the assisted living as those are the rules. I know because I used to work at both types of facilities.

I think you overestimate the size of the AB(etc) share of adult users of diapers. Just figure the number of nursing homes and care businesses. And as I say, to look at it is to think "Pamper" only if you have a bad case of Sgt Schultz Syndrome so that if you think calling it something else makes it something else, let me tell a story concerning Abe Lincoln:

LINCOLN: If you call the tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have
RESPONDANT: Five
LINCOLN: No; four. Just because you CALL the tail a leg does not MAKE it a leg

So to return to the main part of the story. You're fooling yourself by calling an obviously oversize Pamper a brief, pad, pant or whatever. AND YOU KNOW IT because you have to put in EFFORT to "see nothing, know nothing and WANT to know nothing". Or you have to have such a case of dementia that you really cannot make the connection even if the staff called it a pamper right in front of you

Besides, most persons outside our happy little group have no, or only the vaguest, idea of the AB(etc) popuolation. So I do not think that thought comes to 85% of their minds. And they are not the ones using the item anyway so it is irrelevant to them

It is a case of everyone involved knows the game but the train is moving down the track very fast and nobody wants to rock the boat sitting on the third flat car

2 hours ago, Little Christine said:

I think you overestimate the size of the AB(etc) share of adult users of diapers. Just figure the number of nursing homes and care businesses. And as I say, to look at it is to think "Pamper" only if you have a bad case of Sgt Schultz Syndrome so that if you think calling it something else makes it something else, let me tell a story concerning Abe Lincoln:

LINCOLN: If you call the tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have
RESPONDANT: Five
LINCOLN: No; four. Just because you CALL the tail a leg does not MAKE it a leg

So to return to the main part of the story. You're fooling yourself by calling an obviously oversize Pamper a brief, pad, pant or whatever. AND YOU KNOW IT because you have to put in EFFORT to "see nothing, know nothing and WANT to know nothing". Or you have to have such a case of dementia that you really cannot make the connection even if the staff called it a pamper right in front of you

Besides, most persons outside our happy little group have no, or only the vaguest, idea of the AB(etc) popuolation. So I do not think that thought comes to 85% of their minds. And they are not the ones using the item anyway so it is irrelevant to them

It is a case of everyone involved knows the game but the train is moving down the track very fast and nobody wants to rock the boat sitting on the third flat car

Babies, by nature, have no dignity. They are taught and develop a sense of dignity as they develop, but they don't get upset or offended when their underwear is referred to as a diaper. Adults, on the other hand, usually associate diapers with babies. If they need to wear a diaper it is embarrassing due to the stigma around wearing their bodily waste around their nether regions. Thus the healthcare industry came up with a standard dictating that its professionals call diapers that adults wear briefs so that patients don't have to suffer as much from the stigma. If a patient is confused as to what a brief is, the caregiver can clear it up for them, but in general the term brief is favored to avoid making the patient feel belittled. Sure it doesn't change what it is, but it's just another psychological trick, kind of like a retail employee being courteous and professional even though their customer might be yelling at them out of anger.

Many things are embarrassing. Where is the dignity of everyone conning themselves by twisting their minds into pretzels to evade what is right in front of their eyes? Shape, tapes, padding, waist and leg gathers and other things that just screa "pamper!!!!". To con oneself at that level to avoid the obvious REEKS OF "Oy, I'm pretty pathetic" in which case there is no dignity to preserve. Where is the guarantee  that when you are born, you will be spared embarrassment? If there is one, how come I didn't get to read it? The level of evasion you would have to commit to not know the obvious would make you a danger behind the wheel of a 60 mph car as you might con yourself into believing that an oncoming 18-wheeler is a child's toy truck left in the road

I'm just trying to explain the industry standard and the thought process behind it. It's not like I'm actually a licensed professional or anything.

Try taking a CNA course. I'm sure "Just tell it like it is" will fly far.

I would rather guess that people with incontinence, even though they try and be discreet about it, would be far less embarrassed about it being called a "diaper" than care givers, doctors, store clerks and medical staff think they would.

Yes, some patients feel comfortable calling them diapers, and that is what that particular person calls it. The patient can call it whatever they want, but healthcare professionals have to follow the standard. While we're at it, let's also admit to ourselves that diaper-wearers are disease-carrying/spreading machines since every idiot knows (or god help us, can ask google) that feces and urine are chalk full of acid, bacteria, viruses, and what have you.