LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Worry About In Public

What do you worry about in public about your incontinence and how do you over come it?

I worry about smell, leaks and is anyone looking at my diaper.

For smell I make sure I use lots of babby powder and lotion

For leaks, well I just hope they just dont happen..

and I dont know what to do or say if people are looking at me and thinking look at him he is wearing a diaper.

Diaper Mike

What do you worry about in public about your incontinence and how do you over come it?

and I dont know what to do or say if people are looking at me and thinking look at him he is wearing a diaper.

Diaper Mike

Like you power works well as for leaks I tried the new Bambino's and I can wear one all night at work and I have not had to change nor have I had a leak(knock on wood) this is the first diaper that I can say that about. For the looks thing I wear a Oneise that looks like a Teeshirt this way when I bend over (which I do a lot) I don't get the plumbers crack which we all know for us is the diaper crack and the oneise helps keep things there the belong. That is just my $.02

As pampermeinia says a one piece vest is very good but if you dont have one make sure you wear the "stretch pants" that are available from most suppliers as these "smooth" out any wrinkles and bumps in the Nappy where it meets your natural skin contours. :thumbsup:

As for those leaks, wear a pair of plastic pants over your Nappy (under the stretch pants) as these will tell you when you are leaking before it becomes noticeable to others. :badmood:

In winter it is normal to wear long coats etc and this will help hide your butt from direct observation.

But above all try not to worry about it as like me I expect you are very self conscious about your looks thinking everyone knows I am wearing a "Nappy" when in fact nobody does and neither do they give a fig whether you are or not ! :roflmao:

Good luck diapermike and don't worry about it so much !

• 2 weeks later...

Hummm,

I don't even think about things like that anymore - there was a time I did, but I was still in Grade school at the time - and to try to remember that far back.....

As for a diaper showing through (where it is all that odvious) - that only seems to happen if the pants are too tight to be comfortable anyway-there is a problem if I have to bend over sometimes, but again, I just don't even think about it. Just pull the shirt back down, and continue whatever I was doing....

First of all, I'm not incontinent but I do wear diapers under my jeans or shorts when I go out somewhere. I think it's better left for others who are incontinent to give you info on leaking and odor (perhaps nullo tablets may help with the odor?), but I can tell you that I never get any looks when wearing my diapers in public. Even if they happen to show out the back of my pants, no one seems to notice. People just do not look at other people and think, "He's wearing diapers". I've been wearing diapers for 30 years in public, although I admit it's more of a once weekly thing than every day, but I have never had anyone say anything to me or look strange at me unless I was obvious about it, like buying diapers in a medical supply store. I've also come to the conclusion that I could care less if a stranger I'll probably never see again in my life notices I have a diaper on under my pants. Now, friends, family and coworkers would be different. I might be assuming something, but I would figure that if you are incontinent your family knows about it, possibly a few friends. As far as coworkers, I would try and make sure to wear long shirts so they stay tucked in, perhaps a pair of briefs over your diaper to cut down on any noise. Carry a candy wrapper in your pocket so if someone happens to hear any russeling and askes you what the noise is, you could go through your pockets and then pull out the candy wrapper and say it must be this. If you can, try and wear pants that are a little loose and perhaps thicker fabric like denum jeans. Thin dress pants might make things more obvious.

but I can tell you that I never get any looks when wearing my diapers in public. Even if they happen to show out the back of my pants, no one seems to notice. People just do not look at other people and think, "He's wearing diapers".

Exactly. The only people who would even consider the possibility that another random guy on the street is wearing a diaper is someone who wears them themselves, which eliminates 99% of the population from your worries immediately because it just doesn't occur to people who don't wear them or even know they really exist to look at other people's butts and wonder whether that's an Abriform or a Secure Plus :lol:

If you can, try and wear pants that are a little loose and perhaps thicker fabric like denum jeans. Thin dress pants might make things more obvious.

Concealing diapers from friends and co-workers is a bigger issue because they see you every day but with a few simple precautions like those, you can eliminate virtually any chance of 'discovery by sight.' The jeans are a good idea (or heavier cotton pants for work situations, etc) because they're so ordinary. People already know what they look like in their mind's eye so they skip right over any kind of visual exam as it were. If you wear something out of the ordinary to try and cover the diaper, people are slightly surprised and may take a second look so you end up drawing even more attention to yourself. It's a balancing act between not making the diaper obvious and not making the fact that you're hiding something obvious too :)

The only other advice is to try and act as normal as possible. If you're as confident as you usually are (or at least give the impression that's the case ;)) then people you know will skip right over any kind of assessment because everything is 'normal.' If you're acting like there's something is different then people will look for what's changed.

I'm also going to leave subjects like leaks and smells for people who deal with that stuff every day...

I wear a pair of boxer-briefs that are the right size without the diaper.

This helps to keep it close to my skin even when wet and cuts down on the noise.

I've pretty much givin up on my co-workers. If they are brave/stupid enough to say something to me I reply with some dark comment. "So you said you like having sex with dead girls???? Wow that's deep"

And that's said right after they utter "Hey old lady" So they stop saying things like that to me.

It doesn't make friends around the shop. But hey, I wouldn't want to be friends with someone so shallow anyway.

Lucky I have a blue collar job. I don't think HR would allow such bantter in a white collar world for fear of law suits from either side.

The public at large? I personaly feel they are mostly drones anyway. I have sat and looked at the people in malls,driving,shopping. They seem to have that blank look of emptyness or sorrow on their faces. I feel pity for them for not enjoying life more.

Aggggggghhhh!!!!!!

Ok this ran't is over and I feel better already for just venting.

The only major thing I worry about with my diapers is leakage. Leaking sucks. However, only leaking a little since some is absorbed by the diaper is preferable to urination in your pants with no diaper on at all.

As for crinkle/random people knowing you wear a diaper? Who really cares? If they say anything to you, tell them you're incon...But if they keep on saying things, tell them to go buy a clue and get a life, as teasing another mercilessly for your own self esteem boost is a waste of a life. And if you can't do that, just wear longer shirts, a longer coat, or baggier clothing if you're THAT worried about it.

Odor sucks too, and I feel bad if people can smell me, but the solution to that is odor tablets and/or quick cleanup.

I've been wearing diapers for 21 yrs now and have never had any comments about noise,I stopped wearing my plastic pants over them a couple yrs ago at my wifes request and you know still no one notices the noise except myself and maybe someone walking right against you.I have worked in lots of different fields and enviroments and it's never been an issue.As for smell i did have a comment once and that was just after a major dump while getting out of the car.I had to go and use a store washroom and someone commented I smelt like peanut butter (go figure).I have had leaks at the back of the legs and also one all the way down one leg when mister pokey found the side of the diaper.I use devrom tablets all the time now for odor and they get rid of 98% of the bowel smell,even my wife doesn't notice some times.I've reached for stuff on store shelves and ended up with the top of my diaper sticking out or walked into a washroom in a store or mall carrying a diaper to change and no one has ever said a word or made any sort of comment or remark.Just think of this when you go out,the person next to you has a toy in their butt or front or they are wearing a chastity belt or rubber pants or leather,the boss has on his best silk panties and the cop that just stopped you has on a pair of crotchless panty hose(male or female).

Aren't those just awesome things to picture.be happy and comfortable in who you are and no one will even care about something as simple as your choice in underwear,whatever it is.

most people are to caught up in there own lifes to worry about what you are wearing.

as for leakswell they do happen from time to time

the worst thing i have done is get in a hurry and forget to put on a diaper or pull up before going to store really fast and wet in safe way

but even then no one said anything no one called for a wet clean up :)

Normally I'm not diapered in the daytime or in public, but a few summers ago, I had a number of UTI's back to back, and my bladder's nerve sensation was damaged. I couldn't even feel myself wetting, let alone know in advance that I was about to. I was at zero control and had to be diapered 24/7 until the nerve sensation came back, which took a couple of months. The things that worried me the most in public were:

1.) Leaks

2.) Diaper showing through clothes

3.) The rustling plastic noise

Those cheap, government-issue disposables that Medicaid pays for, the same ones they use in hospitals and nursing homes... they're going to leak if you so much as drip while sneezing. They hold nothing. You might as well stick a kleenex in your pants for all the protection they give. So, sticking a maxi pad inside the diaper helped to absorb wetness and somewhat prevent leaks. Wearing snug underwear helps too, by keeping the legbands of the diapers closer to the body. The snug underwear also created a barrier to keep the diaper from showing through my clothes, and reduced the rustling. All three problems not solved entirely, but cut down on.

A great way to conceal your diapers is wearing loose-fitting jeans, or sometimes they are called "relaxed fit." And take that a step further and get the next size bigger. For a 34 inche waist, get 36-inch. This works if you're wearing a single diaper for mild incontinence, such as a Depends or Wal-Mart brand. Now I can't speak for those who wear big, multiple diapers, since my experience is only with the "singles." Besides, if someone is really checking you out, chances are more than good they also wear diapers, whether out of need or for pleasure. I think people are just too busy or self-absorbed to be concerned with what the 50 people they saw today at the store are using for underwear.

until recently I worried about it all.

now I'm just telling everyone and if they have a problem with it then it just shows what kind of person they are.

so as they say in the last week I grew my balls...

now as for friends I've always told my friends..

but anyone else it WAS a scary topic.

so to everyone just say so and it doesnt matter what they think.

so smile big and live life to the fullest

• 2 weeks later...

I wear pull-on cloth diapers with two layers of terry in the center and plastic pants, so I don’t have to worry about leaks. I drink plenty of water, keep my diaper area hairless and use cornstarch baby powder, so odor isn’t really a problem. That leaves bulk and noise. I wear polyurethane plastic pants, and they ARE noisy. I used to be very self-conscious about it, but I’ve found that no one hears them but me. I guess if someone did hear them and asked me about the crinkle, I’d just tell them that I have to wear plastic pants. In a way, hearing them has become reassuring, because it makes me aware that I’m wearing them. My diaper bulge is substantial, at least to me. Again, almost no one seems to notice. I have a 34 inch waist and wear 36 inch relaxed fit jeans or 36 inch pleated slacks over my diaper. I can remember three times when people have stared at my crotch. I just ignored them and let them think what they want. That may make me sound brave, but there really wasn’t anything else I could do.

The first time I went out with a disposable nappy under my trousers in public I was paranoid that everyone was looking at me and my nappy. Not so. As has been said 99% of the people really don't look, know, notice or care about others. Confidence grew, and now I wear thinner terry nappies and plastic pants at all times out and about in public, and still noone knows. :thumbsup:

Neighbours and friends are different, 'cos they would notice, so I try and be discrete. No point in asking for awkward questions. But I still wear most of the time and am ready with an honest answer (or a 'none of your business' one if it's a nosey stranger). :lol:

No I'm not worried at all about being in public wearing nappies. A long T-shirt or onesie does help, as do loose trousers. No point in asking for problems!!!! :)

Simba B)

The only people who notice you are wearing a diaper, are other diaper lovers, I wear when I want, where I want, at first I was concerened, but nobody ever noticed, and if they did they said nothing...

• 2 weeks later...

The only people who notice you are wearing a diaper, are other diaper lovers, I wear when I want, where I want, at first I was concerened, but nobody ever noticed, and if they did they said nothing...

beallucanb has got it right to a "T" it is only us Nappy/Diaper lovers who will notice such things. :thumbsup:

So be bold and go out there and enjoy life with your Nappy firmly fixed to your bottom in the sure and almost certain knowledge that no one else knows your secret :blush::roflmao:

First, the DL and AB-ites have very insightful comments and suggestions. Though I would say that being incontinent is a level of worry beyond times N more that just an outing. I know that this is recognized and reflected in many comments. I’m not denigrating anyone; it is just a gap in reality that’s all.

The talk of wearing 24/7 is not just physically tiring; it’s emotionally wearing (pun injected here). Keeping a positive outlook is a must, but very hard at times. It is not so easy to say “who cares what people think

• 4 months later...

Diaper Mike

if people are looking let them.it may give them a laugh and it is needed in todays world...i know i gave the girls in the hairdressers a laugh last mouth when i took my sweat shirt off,up went my tshirt =1 exspossed nappy...lots of whispering going on,oh well i even left a tip. lots of baby powder always.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

when ever i am in public im worried about some one noticing a crinkle or having aleak or some noticing a bad smell... its really nerve racking

Some people do notice. I had a lot of difficulty in an office setting when a couple of girls realized it. Some of my neighbors have also noticed me entering my house with diapers. Two college girls who lived next door saw me with them and they started giggling. One said "He wets his pants!!" loud enough that I could hear it outside my window.

However, sooner or later, you have to get over it. It is not everyday that you see a relatively "young" person in diapers. There are people who are a lot worse off in life.

• 2 weeks later...

I worry about my plastic pants showing, they are blue and are obvious if they are seen.

Leaking around my leg gathers, especially around the back when I’m driving. I can leak a lot and not know until I stand up.

Towards the end of the day or diaper, leaking at the top. Especially when driving. If my plastic pants curl its easy to wick wetness to my shirt if it touches the diaper.

Having a tear in my plastic pants. I’ve torn them near the leg cuffs before when getting out of a truck. If the tear is in the wrong place, it can leak very heavily.

Odor. I’m never sure if I smell or not. This is important when driving with others or working in close quarters.

I don’t worry about crinkling even when wearing a disposable. They really don’t crinkle when you wear clothes over them. Well, the cheap store bought brands like Depends, CVS, do crinkle but I never wear such cheap diapers. They are useless. If you wear them, you really need to worry about the leaks that will happen.