LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

9 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

I always have to think twice when reading the last word in the above quoted section before I realize the meaning...  Of course that's the correct spelling and non-US English speaking persons all know that, but sometimes a more US "Hillbilly" spelling makes more sense to those of us in casual reading...  BREACHES = "britches" (sounds like...)

Actually I was using the word in its pluralised verb form ?, the singular "breach" meaning to have overcome a defence.   Think of the Shakespearean "Once more unto the breach, dear friends" as a usage example. 

Stopping to think about it, you're right.  It could easily be confused with "breeches", the old English term for a pant-like garment that has a variant spelling of "britches".

I love words and I try to surround myself with lots of them ?

12 minutes ago, oznl said:

Actually I was using the word in its pluralised verb form ?, the singular "breach" meaning to have overcome a defence.   Think of the Shakespearean "Once more unto the breach, dear friends" as a usage example. 

Stopping to think about it, you're right.  It could easily be confused with "breeches", the old English term for a pant-like garment that has a variant spelling of "britches".

I love words and I try to surround myself with lots of them ?

Ahhh, apparently I didn't read that thoroughly (flipped one of my screens to my personal PC briefly while working) and apparently didn't get the context right.  As they say these days, "My bad!"  :)

I am venturing forth today in a Rearz Elite under a pair of jeans that are one size too large for me, plus an over-sized sweatshirt with a good overhang to it. I put it on last night before I went to bed, and woke up this morning with it probably 90% dry, and it's too good and too expensive a diaper to consign to an early death. I think this isolation is going to my head, because I have always tended to believe that these larger, louder diapers would be very detectable no matter what you put over them, so I would only wear them when the kids were out of the house, which of course, these days, is never. So, this morning I made my decision, and here I am at almost 11:00, having survived breakfast with the family, receiving, as far as I can tell, no lingering glances from the kids, or sharp stares from my wife. I have but one regret, though - we had steak last night and my wife made asparagus as a side. I only had a few spears, and I thought that the usual effects of that would be confined to the diaper I was wearing up until bedtime, but, there is slight evidence of it in my diaper this morning. 

I have been handed the added stress of now operating within view of my mother-in-law; her and my father-in-law returned from the US four weeks ago, and immediately put themselves on house arrest, not even leaving to go to church, which is unprecedented over Easter; we even did their shopping for them. Now, theoretically virus-free, she's come to assist my wife in organizing tax paperwork  - long story short, my in-laws used to run a small company that my wife took stewardship of, and then closed down, and there are aspects of its operations that only my in-laws, and maybe God Himself, understand, but that need to be untangled in order for our accountant to be able to do his work. 

SO I really feel a bit like I'm walking a tightrope, parading around in this big diaper. It being a Monday, it would not be uncommon for me to spend much of the day in my office, so that's the plan, so far. The sensation is not entirely unwelcome, though, reminding me, for example, of stepping out of the car, as a kid, and tucking myself behind my mother as she lead me by the hand into a distant aunt's house. I recall the sensation of wishing that my shirt hung all the way down to my knees, as the adults went into the kitchen for coffee, and we were told to go play with our cousins for a bit, until it was time for dinner. I was acutely aware of my diaper, but was anyone else? My younger brother never breathed a word of it, but my sister, who was older, was known to toss veiled references around, walking a tightrope of her own, a line between taunting me, and getting herself into trouble. I think that anxiety perhaps laid the groundwork for where I find myself today, as an aside. 

This diaper is gloriously comfortable and impressively capacious; I'm really enjoying not giving any thought at all to its status as I sit here dribbling lightly and frequently, voiding into what feels like an infinite void. There will come a point, though, where it looks like I have an inflated inner tube tucked into my pants. These things do puff up. I think I want to try ordering these in a medium size, rather than large, and see how those fit, and how they conceal. Maybe I will have found my perfect compromise nappy - plastic and thirsty, but discrete enough to be worn covertly during the day. 

9 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

This diaper is gloriously comfortable and impressively capacious; I'm really enjoying not giving any thought at all to its status as I sit here dribbling lightly and frequently, voiding into what feels like an infinite void. There will come a point, though, where it looks like I have an inflated inner tube tucked into my pants. These things do puff up. I think I want to try ordering these in a medium size, rather than large, and see how those fit, and how they conceal. Maybe I will have found my perfect compromise nappy - plastic and thirsty, but discrete enough to be worn covertly during the day.

I haven't tried Rearz as they are prohibitively expensive in Australia but I've certainly alternated between ABU Simple "L" and "XL".  Eventually, some quality time on the floor with a measuring tape confirmed my suspicions:  the absorbent core on the ABU is exactly the same between the "L" and the "XL".  The only thing that's bigger is the plastic sheet that wraps around you.

You know I'm going to say "compression pants" so I won't ?

• Like 1

I have stopped caring and last days I have just put pants on and a jacket when going out shopping, only 2 pieces of clothing hiding the diaper

At work yesterday I wore a black onesie and pants 

14 hours ago, oznl said:

You know I'm going to say "compression pants" so I won't ?

Actually, @oznl, I am dipping my toes into this - I found a pair of Lycra bicycle shorts at a Walmart that has been allowed to stay open because they sell groceries. I don't know if these match the legendary shaping capabilities of Spanx, which, I am told, may involve a patent co-owned by Lucifer, but in the weird fever-dream that is shopping now, I didn't want to follow one-way isles and social distancing prerogatives while confusedly scanning the women's wear department in a store frequented by my neighbours. Once I can shop in another city, I'll delve more deeply into it. 

So, I have the bicycle shorts on now, over a Crinklz, and the result is interested. I'm in my normal-sized jeans, rather than a one-up size, and so far, I think the effect on my silhouette is an improvement. Now, this diaper hasn't really started inflating yet - I just put it on 45 minutes ago - so we'll see how it looks once there is some additional bulk to it. The effect on the sound has been interesting as well - instead of a (to me, anyway), readily-identifiable crinkle-crinkle diaper soundtrack, I am now emitting a muted "swooshing" sound. I will report back later on what effects these have on the performance of the diaper, if any. 

9 hours ago, Dubious said:

I have stopped caring and last days I have just put pants on and a jacket when going out shopping, only 2 pieces of clothing hiding the diaper

At work yesterday I wore a black onesie and pants 

I hope to get there someday. Maybe when I'm a bit older and the kids have moved out, and diapers are on the horizon of being acceptable underwear, and my wife has by then given up entirely, I will be able to put a diaper on with no thoughts as to how detectable it is, and then go out for dinner at 4:30 PM and watch the Weather Channel until I go to bed. As to onesies, they are great, and back in the before-times,  a few weeks ago, when I was leaving my house for work from time to time, I often wore one, as it is very good at preventing waistline diaper elastic excursions. 

7 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Actually, @oznl, I am dipping my toes into this - I found a pair of Lycra bicycle shorts at a Walmart that has been allowed to stay open because they sell groceries. I don't know if these match the legendary shaping capabilities of Spanx, which, I am told, may involve a patent co-owned by Lucifer, but in the weird fever-dream that is shopping now, I didn't want to follow one-way isles and social distancing prerogatives while confusedly scanning the women's wear department in a store frequented by my neighbours. Once I can shop in another city, I'll delve more deeply into it. 

So, I have the bicycle shorts on now, over a Crinklz, and the result is interested. I'm in my normal-sized jeans, rather than a one-up size, and so far, I think the effect on my silhouette is an improvement. Now, this diaper hasn't really started inflating yet - I just put it on 45 minutes ago - so we'll see how it looks once there is some additional bulk to it. The effect on the sound has been interesting as well - instead of a (to me, anyway), readily-identifiable crinkle-crinkle diaper soundtrack, I am now emitting a muted "swooshing" sound. I will report back later on what effects these have on the performance of the diaper, if any.

I still wear a size up on pants (back in the days when I wore full length pants because I went somewhere past my letterbox) but it sound like your might be somewhere here.

Too tight and you'll lose absorbency.  "Right" tight and you'll just get muted bulk, muted noise and less leaks as your nappy is held against you gently in all the right places.

I guess the only thing I'd think about bike shorts is (back when I used to ride a bike) that they're relatively thick and have a nappy-like padding anyway in the crotch which may not be that useful.  As they say on  the internet, YMMV...

15 hours ago, oznl said:

I guess the only thing I'd think about bike shorts is (back when I used to ride a bike) that they're relatively thick and have a nappy-like padding anyway in the crotch which may not be that useful. 

These are on the very lowest end of bicycle short technology, so they don't have the padded seat in them.

Lycra bicycle shorts field notes, day two: I'm going to call this experiment a success so far. I managed to wear a larger nappy for pretty much the entirety of the day yesterday. By the time it was bulging to the point of being comical, my kids were in bed and my mother-in-law had returned to the crypt, so I was able so swap it for a nighttime diaper at about 10 PM, giving me a solid 13+ hours in that Crinklz. I then swapped it for another Crinklz, which I still have on, and I could see myself riding this one out for a good part of the day, because it was only mildly damp when I woke up this morning. I have it, and the bicycle shorts, under what my kids refer to as my "army pants", essentially military green khakis festooned with pockets that I shrank out of several years ago, and rediscovered at the back of our closet last night. They're hideous pants, really, but for the purposes of striding around my house confidently in a big diaper, they're ideal.  

Another day, another diaper. I have to confess, having moved cautiously into wearing my larger diapers during the day, that it is mighty convenient to sit in my office, as I have been now for hours, on various work-related tasks, without having to get up and go to the washroom. It's amazing more people don't do this. I think I'm reaching the end of the road for this BetterDry, but I've had it on since about 11 PM last night. One thing about BetterDry products is that they swell up incredibly. They are fantastic products, though. It would take an experiment to prove this theory out, but I would bet that these swell more than any other diapers I have, relative to their original size. 

Rearz having reopened for "contact-less" pickups, I am moderating a debate within myself as to what, if anything, I should order. I think this stems primarily from boredom, but, it would be nice to go for a drive and come back with some new nappies to try. But what to get? They've had the Bambino products on sale for a while now, and I haven't stocked any of the tape-on Bambino diapers, such as the Classicos or Teddy's, since well before I went 24/7. I still have about half of a case of Magnificos, however - they differ from the others in their Velcro-like fasteners and stretchy wings. Rearz also has their Dinosaur diapers on sale - my understanding is that the construction of these is a lot like the Lil' Splash and Lol' Monsters diapers, and I have both of those in my rotation now, so really, I would be buying them just for the novelty of their graphics. I also want to try the new Elite diapers in a medium size - I bought them in large, and the "graduated" parking spots on the landing strip suggest that I could probably fit into smaller ones - I can take the top tab all the way over to the #1 (inner-most) spot, and the lower tab to the #2 spot (out of 5). I also have a bag of Crinklz and a bag of BetterDry's left, and a smattering of other ones - one or two Princess Pinks and some Play Dayz. Plus 3/4 of a case of my daytime slim diapers and a bag of Depends, plus some Pampers. 

Speaking of Pampers, I wish that someone would make a convincing replica of them, either the modern ones or vintage. I had a couple of bags of Super Dry Kids years ago, which were a single tape diaper that looked pretty much exactly like an enlarged Pampers from the 90's - they were great, but I've never come across them again anywhere that I shop. Back then, I only really wore diapers when I traveled for work, so i would put one on a soon as I got back to the hotel in the evening, then go out for dinner, and wear it to bed. Thinking about those days 7, 8 years ago, when I bought diapers in ones and twos and hid them for trips or rare weekends when I had the house to myself,  I really almost can't believe where I am right now, in diapers all the time. This BetterDry I'm in has become undeniable, however. It's holding up but it had to chose a side of the center seam in my trousers to grow into. I may need to take off the bicycle shorts, or just change my diaper. Saying goodbye to a diaper I've been in for a decent stretch of time is a bit like saying goodbye to a friend, although I also enjoy the feel of a fresh new diaper, for as long as it lasts. Certainly, that fresh diaper feel is more reminiscent of most of my original diaper wearing experience - I didn't tend to spend a lot of time in a damp diaper as a kid. There were a number of years where I spent slightly more than half of every day in one, wet or dry... typically 7 or 7:30 PM to 8 AM, anyway. I got generally got my bedtime clothes on just before Knight Rider, The Dukes of Hazard, or The A-Team started, then we'd watch the show, and go to bed afterward. I think MacGyver came into existence sometime after those ones. Good times. 

2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Another day, another diaper. I have to confess, having moved cautiously into wearing my larger diapers during the day, that it is mighty convenient to sit in my office, as I have been now for hours, on various work-related tasks, without having to get up and go to the washroom. It's amazing more people don't do this. I think I'm reaching the end of the road for this BetterDry, but I've had it on since about 11 PM last night. One thing about BetterDry products is that they swell up incredibly. They are fantastic products, though. It would take an experiment to prove this theory out, but I would bet that these swell more than any other diapers I have, relative to their original size.  

Not sure if that means you have better fluid intake than I do or that my Abena L4 has as good or better capacity.  I've been on my L4 since 11 pm CDT last night and I still feel like there's quite a bit more capacity, after 30 oz of iced coffee and well over 20 oz of Diet Dr Pepper...

What is the ISO capacity rating of the Better Dry that you use are wearing?  The Abena L4 is rated at 4000 mL but real-world I've gotten 2000 or more, 3000 or better on a good day.

EDIT: I just changed at almost 4 pm CDT.  That's almost 17 hours with the same diaper...  and an L4 at that.

3 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Rearz having reopened for "contact-less" pickups, I am moderating a debate within myself as to what, if anything, I should order. I think this stems primarily from boredom, but, it would be nice to go for a drive and come back with some new nappies to try. But what to get? They've had the Bambino products on sale for a while now, and I haven't stocked any of the tape-on Bambino diapers, such as the Classicos or Teddy's, since well before I went 24/7. I still have about half of a case of Magnificos, however - they differ from the others in their Velcro-like fasteners and stretchy wings. Rearz also has their Dinosaur diapers on sale - my understanding is that the construction of these is a lot like the Lil' Splash and Lol' Monsters diapers, and I have both of those in my rotation now, so really, I would be buying them just for the novelty of their graphics. I also want to try the new Elite diapers in a medium size - I bought them in large, and the "graduated" parking spots on the landing strip suggest that I could probably fit into smaller ones - I can take the top tab all the way over to the #1 (inner-most) spot, and the lower tab to the #2 spot (out of 5). I also have a bag of Crinklz and a bag of BetterDry's left, and a smattering of other ones - one or two Princess Pinks and some Play Dayz. Plus 3/4 of a case of my daytime slim diapers and a bag of Depends, plus some Pampers. 

Speaking of Pampers, I wish that someone would make a convincing replica of them, either the modern ones or vintage. I had a couple of bags of Super Dry Kids years ago, which were a single tape diaper that looked pretty much exactly like an enlarged Pampers from the 90's - they were great, but I've never come across them again anywhere that I shop. Back then, I only really wore diapers when I traveled for work, so i would put one on a soon as I got back to the hotel in the evening, then go out for dinner, and wear it to bed. Thinking about those days 7, 8 years ago, when I bought diapers in ones and twos and hid them for trips or rare weekends when I had the house to myself,  I really almost can't believe where I am right now, in diapers all the time. This BetterDry I'm in has become undeniable, however. It's holding up but it had to chose a side of the center seam in my trousers to grow into. I may need to take off the bicycle shorts, or just change my diaper. Saying goodbye to a diaper I've been in for a decent stretch of time is a bit like saying goodbye to a friend, although I also enjoy the feel of a fresh new diaper, for as long as it lasts. Certainly, that fresh diaper feel is more reminiscent of most of my original diaper wearing experience - I didn't tend to spend a lot of time in a damp diaper as a kid. There were a number of years where I spent slightly more than half of every day in one, wet or dry... typically 7 or 7:30 PM to 8 AM, anyway. I got generally got my bedtime clothes on just before Knight Rider, The Dukes of Hazard, or The A-Team started, then we'd watch the show, and go to bed afterward. I think MacGyver came into existence sometime after those ones. Good times. 

It's a funny one, when I used to work from home on the odd day a week, I'd keep a nappy on as my wife was generally at work and remove it at the end of the day - so it was always on top of the rubbish bin, nothing was ever said.

Now I'm getting up, having breakfast and cracking straight on with conference calls.  I don't emerge for hours, despite drinking gallons of tea and coffee, yet I have never been asked where I go to the loo ... I just go up and shower around 5pm, cook the dinner and then get ready for bed again.  No questions, but I don't push anything.  She must know I keep using it during the day, surely!? 

To prolong a nappy, I stuff one of those Tykables 2000ml boosters in before I go to bed, then when I wake up and grab breakfast, I normally have a couple of minutes to pull that booster out and stuff it in the bin.  Mostly the Tykables nappy I'm wearing is then empty(ish) for the day ahead - seems to be working well.

I'm starting to think that as long as I don't mention the unmentionable (she's okay with me being a bedwetter, but nappies just annoy her still), that she's happy that I'm happy, if that makes sense? So I just don't talk about it and get on with it.

22 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

EDIT: I just changed at almost 4 pm CDT.  That's almost 17 hours with the same diaper...  and an L4 at that.

That's impressive. I have heard good things about the L4. Haven't had one yet to try. I don't know the ISO rating for any of my diapers. Some of the Rearz ones claim to hold more than 5000 ml, but that would be if you basically wore the diaper into a bathtub. I don't consider it to be "holding" if the diaper is sodden and leaking at all elastics. 

18 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

I'm starting to think that as long as I don't mention the unmentionable (she's okay with me being a bedwetter, but nappies just annoy her still), that she's happy that I'm happy, if that makes sense? So I just don't talk about it and get on with it.

I've been in a pretty similar place. I'm not hiding what I'm doing but I also haven't come out and said "Hey, so I'm wearing diapers all the time now...". But I am in diapers all the time, and she has seen me in diapers at times of day where I obviously wasn't still wearing the one I slept in, etc. 

Here I am on, I think, day three of my "what can I wear under bicycle shorts?" test. I have a slimmer diaper on right now, because I want to run today, and if I put on a big diaper, I won't want to take it off at, say, 50% capacity, and toss it, but I won't put it back on after I run and shower, for obvious reasons. But I want to get another pair or two of these shorts - they *seem* to have allowed me to wear pretty much anything I want to, at least around the house. The mute the crinkling sounds and seem to aid the silhouette, with no drawbacks in the leak department. Yesterday, I did take them off toward the end of my time in a BetterDry, because it was so inflated that I was concerned that constraining it might reduce its capacity.  I was in that diaper for a good 15 hours or so, blissfully dribbling away while I worked. 

2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

That's impressive. I have heard good things about the L4. Haven't had one yet to try. I don't know the ISO rating for any of my diapers. Some of the Rearz ones claim to hold more than 5000 ml, but that would be if you basically wore the diaper into a bathtub. I don't consider it to be "holding" if the diaper is sodden and leaking at all elastics. 

TBH, I wear a pair of Leakmaster PUL pants with a 4 layer Microfiber terry diaper insert (think ZORB) in the pants to catch any leakage from the L4 before it puddles in the PUL pants and runs out.  The insert was a bit wet when I changed - so much so that I could feel it was wet which means it wasn't minor incidental leakage.  It would have run out on my chair probably an hour or more earlier if I hadn't been wearing them.

6 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Here I am on, I think, day three of my "what can I wear under bicycle shorts?" test. I have a slimmer diaper on right now, because I want to run today, and if I put on a big diaper, I won't want to take it off at, say, 50% capacity, and toss it, but I won't put it back on after I run and shower, for obvious reasons. But I want to get another pair or two of these shorts - they *seem* to have allowed me to wear pretty much anything I want to, at least around the house. The mute the crinkling sounds and seem to aid the silhouette, with no drawbacks in the leak department. Yesterday, I did take them off toward the end of my time in a BetterDry, because it was so inflated that I was concerned that constraining it might reduce its capacity.  I was in that diaper for a good 15 hours or so, blissfully dribbling away while I worked. 

Yep.  It's the compression garment that lets me get away with pretty much anything I want as a "daily driver" diaper.  Lately if in disposables during the day, that's likely going to be an ABU Simple or a BetterDry.  They change your world.  I can even wear them over my admittedly-already-silent cloth nappies where as well as camouflaging (somewhat) the bulk, they seem to prevent sagging when wet.

Although they are basically the same thing, I'm sticking with the thinner "Spanx" because down here, I do NOT need the extra insulation.  You can get compression garments from Molicare (and I tried these) but they are nowhere near as good.

I've tried without compression and not noticed any capacity difference but the noise was immediately obvious as were the bulges.  It also seems that I'm MORE prone to leaking without the compression garment as somehow pee can sometimes make it out of the looser fit if I'm on an awkward angle when it happens (eg: clambering out of a car seat in wife's low-slung sports car).

I don't think you'll look back.

On 4/24/2020 at 4:49 AM, DL-Boy said:

What is the ISO capacity rating of the Better Dry that you use are wearing?  The Abena L4 is rated at 4000 mL but real-world I've gotten 2000 or more, 3000 or better on a good day.

I haven't seen ISO ratings on adult nappies sold down here but I'd like to.  The standard product marketing claims are beyond a joke and seriously misleading.  I do remember reading somewhere that they actually submerge the garment in water, pull it out, wait for the drips to stop and then weigh it: hardly any kind of analog for actual usage conditions...

9 minutes ago, oznl said:

I haven't seen ISO ratings on adult nappies sold down here but I'd like to.  The standard product marketing claims are beyond a joke and seriously misleading.  I do remember reading somewhere that they actually submerge the garment in water, pull it out, wait for the drips to stop and then weigh it: hardly any kind of analog for actual usage conditions...

Just so you know how the ISO test is performed and the absorbency is rated, they weigh the empty diaper, then they immerse the diaper under water until it is completely saturated, then hang it until it stops dripping.  Then they weigh the wet diaper and subtract the dry weight.  The remaining weight is easily calculated into the capacity.  The weight of water is a constant (1 cc/mL is 1 gram so 4000 grams of water is 4000 mL capacity).

49 minutes ago, DL-Boy said:

Just so you know how the ISO test is performed and the absorbency is rated, they weigh the empty diaper, then they immerse the diaper under water until it is completely saturated, then hang it until it stops dripping.  Then they weigh the wet diaper and subtract the dry weight.  The remaining weight is easily calculated into the capacity.  The weight of water is a constant (1 cc/mL is 1 gram so 4000 grams of water is 4000 mL capacity).

That's the best ISO could come up with as a usage standard?  That's the measure I described above but I thought that was just marketing drivel (driven by "conceivable" rather than "achievable").  That's disappointing.  With other yield measurements, I've seen the relevant ISO standard  go out of its way to try to reflect real world usage rather than some arbitrary measure (look at the printer ink usage ISO).

39 minutes ago, oznl said:

That's the best ISO could come up with as a usage standard?  That's the measure I described above but I thought that was just marketing drivel (driven by "conceivable" rather than "achievable").  That's disappointing.  With other yield measurements, I've seen the relevant ISO standard  go out of its way to try to reflect real world usage rather than some arbitrary measure (look at the printer ink usage ISO).

I don't state this as fact but it is what I've read and heard stated on videos, so before assuming that it is fact as I may have done, more research might be in order to validate the method.  I've seen on numerous real-world test videos of different diapers that the real-world capacity is always less than the ISO rating, which is MAX totally saturated capacity.  They may be wrong but my experience does tend to prove that out, getting only about half to two-thirds the ISO rating because of padding that just does not get wet (top of rear wings, some in the sides of the front wings) before the legs or flap overlaps start to leak.

6 hours ago, oznl said:

Agreed. That's a useless measure. That's like if they measured vehicular fuel economy while driving downhill with a tailwind. Most diapers would probably fail at half that saturation. Even if you have the luxury of relieving yourself in several different positions (lying on front, standing, sitting, lying on back), you're still probably going to probe the outer limits of absorption in a given position before you saturate, say, the highest portion of the rear waistband stuffing. I don't want to know how the diapers behave in space, I want to know how they behave on earth. 

On 4/24/2020 at 6:27 PM, Little Sherri said:

I've been in a pretty similar place. I'm not hiding what I'm doing but I also haven't come out and said "Hey, so I'm wearing diapers all the time now...". But I am in diapers all the time, and she has seen me in diapers at times of day where I obviously wasn't still wearing the one I slept in, etc. 

Yeah, I'm not making a fuss about it and not complaining.  3 days ago, we were both in the bedroom together and I was wanting to get ready for bed, so I pulled a new pack of Tykables Puppers out the wardrobe, opened the pack and tossed one on the bed.  I think we're both just comfortable with the situation, after all, what are hiding from?  

But then it's funny, if I mention "nappies", I get the eye roll and a "you shouldn't need those" grumble.  I get it, I'm not forcing anything on anyone, the gradual acceptance is enough for me.

And as a mini side-review, I won't wear anything else other than the new Tykables now.  My go-to used to be ABU Simple, but these Tykables are unreal - far fewer leaks, maximum absorption, wide but comfortable and whilst they are expensive, you need far fewer of them; I can go from a night time one, through to late afternoon.  They wouldn't be a good daytime nappy though for people who were out and about, the rustle is VERY loud ... and I have hearing issues. At the moment when I walk out to the garden for my lockdown lunchtime, I'm pretty sure the crrch crrch crrch as I walk could be heard 4 streets down.

6 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

And as a mini side-review, I won't wear anything else other than the new Tykables now.  My go-to used to be ABU Simple, but these Tykables are unreal - far fewer leaks, maximum absorption, wide but comfortable and whilst they are expensive, you need far fewer of them; I can go from a night time one, through to late afternoon.  They wouldn't be a good daytime nappy though for people who were out and about, the rustle is VERY loud ... and I have hearing issues. At the moment when I walk out to the garden for my lockdown lunchtime, I'm pretty sure the crrch crrch crrch as I walk could be heard 4 streets down.

I've never tried anything from Tykables but I have heard good things. Your experience sounds similar to mine with the top Rearz products - the Barnyards and Elites and Inspires. They're massive and loud, but if given their druthers, I can ride one out for 14 - 18 hours sometimes. I've put one on at bedtime and still been wearing it (granted, at this point very much a prisoner of gravity) at dinner the next day. Back in the before-times, when my kids left the house in the morning and didn't come back until late in the afternoon, I could get away with that. Although I am cautiously positive about the results of my experiments so far with wearing bicycle shorts over diapers at the larger end of the spectrum, seemingly undetected, around the house with everyone here. But that's not the same as going out for work - at home, I can wear over-sized jeans or XL pajama pants, whereas for work I am somewhat more constrained. I wore a medium-duty diaper and plastic pants under the compression shorts for the better part of today and it seemed to be off the radar for my kinfolk, though wearing plastic pants all day over a disposable creates some notable humidity. But these are all deck chairs on the titanic; the bottom line (sorry) is that I CAN live my life in diapers, and everything else is gravy. If I find the perfect plastic diaper that lasts 16 hours and can be worn under anything, that would be great, but even if I generally have to make due with slim, cloth-backed diapers when I'm away from the house, hey, I'm still back in diapers. Victory is mine. 

I have tried the Tykables and they are great..... But I can't SEE spending the $$ they ask for them. I'd rather purchase Better Dry's at least for me I can get away with wearing one day or night at night I will put a Tranquillity Top Liner XL in it to give me up to 16hrs of pure bliss without leaking and without a booster I can get 8 to 10 hours before I change.
To each his own. I like printed diapers but, for plain white I love them just as much without the extra cost.
Diapers are expensive so, if I can keep myself in a diaper 24/7 and save a little money by going plain the enjoyment will be mine.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

With apologies to @oznl - I typed the following over the course of a couple of hours, while fielding emails, having forgotten that I was writing on his very entertaining blog, rather than on my own, hopefully moderately engaging string. It should probably have rightly been birthed here:

Today, we are experiencing one of the first truly lovely days we've had this year, and perhaps that has been merciful, because all the weekends so far have been cold and rainy, which has helped us to comply with social distancing and stay-at-home directives. Although I found myself atop a 30-foot extension ladder in the rain yesterday, repairing a piece of trim for a neighbour that had been partially torn free by the increasingly-common 100 km/h wind guests we're subject to. I had the usual thoughts about slipping and plummeting to an untimely demise or life-altering injury. They helpfully have wrought-iron fencing with medieval pickets on top, so perhaps my death would have been quick and merciful. Or quick and agonizing. In any case, I once again played through the scene in my head: the paramedics checking my broken body for protruding bones, and at some point stumbling upon my giant nappy festooned with barnyard characters. At least the neighbour wasn't watching the proceedings - this was to be strictly a contact-less interaction. Other than if I made high-speed contact with the ground. 

So, I am wearing a slim diaper today, because I don't have any summer-wear that can be relied upon to camouflage a big plastic diaper, although honestly putting on shorts was more for my psychological benefit than a logical response to the weather, as it's barely into the double-digits out there. But the sun is shining and water is no longer a solid; at these latitudes, we rejoice in such conditions.  

I almost had a confrontation with my eldest daughter at 4 AM because she turned the lights on in the hall outside our room for some reason, which woke up my wife, who woke me up and asked me to go tell her to turn of the (expletive deleted) lights and go to bed. I jumped out of bed, ready to demand an explanation for this lack of consideration, when it occurred to me that I was wearing only a heavy-looking printed diaper, which somewhat lacked the air of authority I had hoped to project. So instead I sent her a text message telling her to turn off the light, which she promptly complied with. I think that she has adapted to everyone being home, ALL the time, by becoming nocturnal, thus allowing her to have the run of the house for a few hours without human contact that doesn't involve wifi, and this tactic also affords her a reprieve during the day, since she sleeps half of it away, while recovering from her propensity to group-chat until the sky starts to lighten. 

Hopefully, wearing this slimmer diaper will motivate me to go for a run or something, since I will have to change it in the next couple of hours probably. Although I have to confess that I did break one of my cardinal rules on Friday, specifically: 'Though shalt not put a wet diaper back on." I was wearing a big diaper that still had probably 75% of its life left, but my work day was drawing to a close and I had a few hours to kill before it would be acceptable to drink in earnest, and I hadn't run since Tuesday. But, that would mean sacrificing the diaper. Or... not? I took it off, carefully folded it up, and put it under the counter in the bathroom, where I knew it would never be discovered, because it was with cleaning supplies. I put my running clothes on, and headed down to the basement. 90 minutes later, I took a shower, and then pondered whether or not to go through with my plan. I pulled the diaper out with some apprehension, but it really was mostly dry to the touch, the polymer having done its job, so I put it back on and ended up wearing it for the rest of the night. I would not have done that had it been soaked. But this does open up some options for me, perhaps. Although the diaper did have more of a diaper smell the next morning than I'm used to with disposables, more at a cloth diaper level. Maybe letting them breath doesn't improve nappies like it does wine. 

With apologies to @oznl - I typed the following over the course of a couple of hours, while fielding emails, having forgotten that I was writing on his very entertaining blog, rather than on my own, hopefully moderately engaging string. It should probably have rightly been birthed here:

I don't know.  It gets a bit dull with just me banging away over there.  From time to time it can do with a good hijacking...

I once again played through the scene in my head: the paramedics checking my broken body for protruding bones, and at some point stumbling upon my giant nappy festooned with barnyard characters. At least the neighbour wasn't watching the proceedings - this was to be strictly a contact-less interaction. Other than if I made high-speed contact with the ground. 

I thought the same thing whilst cleaning the solar panels in my nappies up on my (metal) roof with soapy water and a pressure washer a few months ago.  I think with 24x7, ONE day, something like this is going to happen.  I've tilted the odds slightly in my favour by selling my motorbike but history suggests that I'll spend a night or two in hospital for something or other over the course of a few years and even if I have the chance to disrobe prior to getting collected by the meat truck, there remains the thorny issue of bed wetting...

Although the diaper did have more of a diaper smell the next morning than I'm used to with disposables, more at a cloth diaper level. Maybe letting them breath doesn't improve nappies like it does wine. 

I think I've read somewhere that the ammonification reaction works better aerobically.  Your microbes will thank you for the fresh air.

• Like 1

I had a new experience today in the chat, albeit probably not a "strange" one for people who have been here a while; actually, it's probably more surprising that this hasn't happened to me before. People were exchanging thoughts, the topic turned to people's preferences in (what else?) diapers, someone mentioned that such-and-such a brand was bulky, and that brought me around to mentioning my ongoing experiment with trying to camouflage larger diapers when operating around the house. Now that everyone is home basically all the time. I thought it might be a concern shared by others. Anyway, a regular, someone I've seen and spoke with multiple times, pronounced that it was "creepy", which took me somewhat aback. I found it both a tad judgmental, and, also a bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black. This is a strange little corner of the world, granted, but if you're "creeped out" by unconventional underwear preferences, perhaps this isn't the place for you?

I think the allusion was that it's creepy to wear diapers around one's family, presumably children in particular, but, first, if you wear diapers out in the world, that is going to encompass sharing space with people of all ages, eventually, and, second, if you live with children, and you wear diapers, well, unless one's primary objective IS to wear them around children, I don't understand the comment. I much prefer wearing them when children are not around, which I was doing blissfully until a pandemic cancelled school and all of my kids' activities. I am trying to find the best compromise I can between living life on my terms, and not inducing PTSD in my kids, by being as careful and considerate as I can. I wasn't in the habit of roaming about with my boxer shorts on display, either. Although on a side-note, I had a step-father who thought that it was "healthy" to occasionally hang out naked. That has scarred me for life, which is precisely what I don't want to do to my kids. It would have been far better if he'd had a diaper on. 

I went 24/7 and its been exactly 30 days and its the best thing i did for my own satisfaction. I wear them everywhere around everyone and no one has noticed. I have been using the Bellismo but i noticed the medium is out so i ordered some cushies from abu and even them no one notices. Next time i think i will go with the SDK.