LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urine Smell

i currently wear tena ultra 24/7 but they always have a strong smell of urine around an hour after i have wet in them.

Sorry there bulky...if you want to rid yourself of that urine odour you will need to change more often. Sitting around in wet diapers is terrible for skin and can cause problems later on down the road. Diaper rash can and does happen to adults :)

If you can't or don't want to change your diapers right away after wetting, keep a container of scented baby powder on hand and pour some of that down there to help with the odour. :ninja:

Guest diapered469

drink a lot of water. it's healthy and won't make your pee smell so bad.

Lotsa beer works too, tho it's the opposite of healthy.

Why do people have to post unhelpful comments? I find various diapers are better at controlling odours than others as some have special odour blocking chemicals in them. I always where plastic plants over mine and I never notice a smell until I take the plastic pants off - I do wonder whether other people cn smell things though which makes me worry abit when I am wet when out with my friends or sitting on a bus or train

Richard

Well, about my urine smelling like strawberries; that was meant as a jest in response to the original question. Could simply not help myself to a little sarcasm there, since I find it odd that someone creates a post based simply on why their nappy smells like urine an hour after they have peed in it. Isn`t that obvious? There is not a whole variety of smells to choose from in that occasion. But, hey, no harm meant, just a little joke. If, on the other hand, the original poster meant to ask whether there may be cause for concern, I apologize, and retract my jest accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont know about anyone else, but I find my diapers only smell if I have nothing covering them, and even then its only very slight. I have worn wet diapers for hours and not noticed a thing! :huh: They only really start to smell stronger after a very very long time, so are you all just paranoid or am I just different?

i currently wear tena ultra 24/7 but they always have a strong smell of urine around an hour after i have wet in them.

Well...start considering changing more frequently, and use baby powder like me. It works. :) This sounds gross, but when I wake up wet and have to leave for work. I throw my wet diaper under my bed. I sometimes forget it's there until it's starts smelling in a few days. Lately though. I been more careful about this. I been keeping my room tidy. Urine does stink. Take better care ;)

I would suggest that if the pong bothers you perhaps as previous people have said, why not wear a pair of plastic pants over the top, I always wear plastic pants over my Nappy when I go out and about, the only place I dont bother with the plastic pants is when im at home relaxing :P

Thinking about it, even when I wake in the morning my Tena Nappy only pongs very slightly even after being worn for about 8 hours !

"BE HAPPY IN YOUR NAPPY" :P

I don't think most of these replies have been very helpful either. I'm not calling myself an expert, but don't think you should be noticing that much of an odor in so short a time. Staying hydrated to keep your pee diluted is your best bet, but you should also consider your diet. I've read that certain foods like broccoli can add a pungent smell. I bought some fresh broccoli recently and can largely vouch for this, at least for my body chemistry. I've also read that Cranberry juice can have the opposite effect...but it hasn't quite overcome the broccoli. :( (Damn, and I like broccoli, too...)

I wear Tena Supers some of the time, and don't have a package handy now, but am not sure they're advertised as being good at odor control. Obviously you could try another diaper. (Or if all else fails, wear a little cologne?)

Good luck!

Hi ebbrybody,

Personally sometimes I like the urine smell. If it has not gone to the amonia stage. I like it when after I remove my diaper that my body smells like pee for a little while. But that is just my thing. I like it when my bed smells pissy. My desire to smell it comes from my chilhood. Back when my bed was smelling like piss and my mom would not allow it to stay that way.

be wet and be happy, :biker_h4h:

bashfulsissy

I've read that certain foods like broccoli can add a pungent smell. I bought some fresh broccoli recently and can largely vouch for this, at least for my body chemistry.

Umm, asparagus...and tuna fish...give really strong smells in the pee...

First you have to point out what the smell is. If it smells like a mens rest room on a bus station, it's most likely because you wet too many times in the same nappy or should I say change too seldom. You could do an experiment, pee'ing in the same corner of your bathroom during a half day and smellif that's not beginning to stink. A nappy works the same way. Otherwise, if the nappy smell more like a bad fart, you may have some sort of infection in your urinesystem, a visit at the doctors can give you the answer to that, and it is relatively simple to cure with antibiotics. Make sure to clean yourself, I know the "clever" pee ple say not to use soap, but they don't mean not to clean, just hold back on the soap so your skin doesn't dry out. Mild soap that can be used more often is available at a pharmacy and it works great. Actually, the general reasons for bad odour from urinary incontinence are bad hygeine or an infection. One more possible reason that needs to be mentioned is food. Some foods can make your urine smell strange, so if it only happens once in a while, you could try to think back the last day to see what you have eaten and maybe find the problematic food and avoid it at another time if the smell is inconvenient.

Here's my thoughts on your pee smelling:

Either you are dehydrated, and its very concintrated(sp?); very (dark) yellow colored.

You may have a UTI...not good.: my diaper diaper doesn't realy 'stink' in the morning when I get up and knowing I've wet more than once during the night (+6 hours).

and to d'469, what do you mean beer being unhealthy..all thase oats, brans and other 'good' things, does a great job of diluting the pee. Also coffee is good for purging the bladder and kidneys, gives 'em a good work out. I knew someone who had a problem with UTI's and in order to keep flushing out her bladder she told me that three beers a day for her during the duration of the infection helped greatly in cleansing the system

• 4 months later...
Guest diaperbunny

Hi im new to the site and have some questions to ask you guys, but let me explain my situation. I currently live at home with family, well some of the time because i go to a boarding school for most of the week. i tried keeping my fetish to myself but a couple of years ago when i was first discovering it i did not hide my used diapers to well and they found out. My parents scolded me but i did not hear from them again. Needless to say it didn't take long for my desires to come back and i bought some more. I tried to conceal them better this time but all i could come up with was under my mattress. I went on like this for a while and i thought i had hid all evidence of my activities but i must have gotten careless because without notice all of my diapers were gone. There was no confrontation this time and i didn't know if it was just my mom or if my father who knew as well. I hoped it was just my mom because i do not see my father as very understanding. This once again curbed my appetite for my fetish and like the last time i came running back but with a plan. I've been using the same method for a couple of months now with great success. I have been hiding it in my room still but i a place thats very out of the way and inaccessible but i am worried of the smell it might cause because i cannot throw my diapers away every single time i use them. But because the place where i keep them is small, all i have done is put each soiled diaper into gallon zip lock bags, but still when i come back the next week there is some odor. So what do you suggest i do with my situation. I thought about a diaper genie but it wouldn't fit into the tiny space that i keep them. I've also thought of moving all my stuff into the garage into a box in some shelves that they never really use, but if they did go out there for some reason they might find them. Any suggestions are appreciated :angel_not:

Diaperbunny

you need to get rid of them faster some way. or double bag them and put some air freshener in there like a car air freshener nothing to strong just to hide the diaper oder. if you mess in them you just have to get rid of them or not mess at all.

Though your situation is a bit more harsh, I'm in a very similar one! My advice is to use them only on the night before the trash is taken out. Then, before your parents get home, put them in a new trash bag, and bury it at the bottom of the trash bins outside. The next day they're gone!

--Brandon