LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Years Diapers in Large Celebrations esp. NYC

toejamer

I’m not sure if this is in the right place. I’m interested in the New Years Celebration in NYC. Security is said to be tighter than ever. I’ve never been there (NYC) and never will at my advanced age. I understand most people need to be in place very early in the day. It is said people are in the cold bladder tightening weather for over 12 hours and traffic to and from your assigned area and the porta pottys are tightly regulated. Many people admit to using diapers there, including some TV announcers. Some areas are so tight you won’t even have the ability to find privacy to change if needed. Is anyone here going to the large celebrations around the world? How do you handle the limited movement? How many diapers, stuffers, and other protective clothing are you planning to take and use. Do you have a group of people who surround you for privacy while you change? Then you have to worry about cameras above you in windows, fire escape stairs, signs, blimps and so on. Please give us a flavor of how personal needs are met in a party atmosphere with such high restriction of movement due to security.

There have been other posts here about people wearing diapers in Times Square New Years Eve including news posts from people who have been interviewed and have admitted to buying adult diapers just for that occasion.  You are packed in like sardines, there are no places to go and pee without waiting in a huge line, even if you could wiggle through all the people packed in tight, and even if you could go somewhere to pee, how would you ever find your way back to your friends?  Personally, Times Square is just about the last place I would want to be (dark alleys, tied up with my feet in a bucket of cement with mobsters surrounding me, places like that being worse places to be).  Even with that many people, I doubt you could get away with dropping your pants and changing your diaper in the street with friends trying to screen you from public eye.  Some people probably get away with pissing in the street but I'm sure many more get questioned by the cops or hauled off for public exposure.  It's supposed to be a fun thing, but I just don't see anything fun about being packed in with all those people in freezing weather for hours and hours waiting for a ball to drop when I can watch it in the comfort of my warm cozy house on my big flat screen TV with drinks and snacks.  No long wait to get home afterwards!

Those who go might be best off to wear a Northshore Mega Max diaper and I'm sure there are plenty of people there in diapers.  If you are embarrassed and the weather is a little mild, maybe wear your Mega Max, a top hat and a sash that says "Happy New Year" and people will just think you are dressing up for the new year.  That is, until they notice your costume is getting very wet from the inside!

I would agree, and I’m on the side of it being much better viewing from home, on tv. Or, if you were lucky enough to have an indoor vantage point to Times Square. Having said that, it would be a very wise idea to wear a diaper, if you were to actually go. You will be packed in for hours, under very tight security, very limited access to toilets, you can do nothing in all your time packed in there waiting. There’s no drinking, druging, etc. There are many eyes on the crowd, by lots of policing agencies. Lots of police towers, and high vantage points, for surveillance. I think the only way, you might be able to do any kind of a diaper change is, if you wore a dress, and used pull ups. Then, you might be able to slip a wet one off, and step into a new one, without much exposure, or notice. And if it’s cold, you won’t want to! 

I have gone to many other events in NYC, Thanksgiving Day parade, Christmas tree at Rockefeller plaza, etc. but I have never, and would never go near, New Year’s Eve in Times Square! 

I've read some of the posts and some of the articles about people wearing diapers for New Year's Eve at Times Square.  I've often wondered how many of those people bought store brand diapers only to find out that they're only good for a few hours,  not the 12+ hours that some wait to be in the front row. 

2 hours ago, Spanky said:

I've read some of the posts and some of the articles about people wearing diapers for New Year's Eve at Times Square.  I've often wondered how many of those people bought store brand diapers only to find out that they're only good for a few hours,  not the 12+ hours that some wait to be in the front row. 

I had the same thought!   They'll find out the hard, leaky way those Depends are not so dependable! :roflmao:

There's one good scene in the movie "Rough Night" where a man is prepapring to go "Sad Astronaut" to drive all night to catch up with his girlfriend.     He walks into a store an picks up a bag of diapers and takes it to the cashier who shakes her head at him and tells him "Those leak!"    He goes back and gets a different brand.

I went to Times Square for the New Year about 40 years ago.  I'm sure it wasn't as crazy as it is now but it was crazy and it was packed!  As soon as the ball dropped everyone started to run off in a million directions - it was chaos.  Not that it wasn't bad enough but some idiot thru a smoke bomb into the mix.  I'll never do that again and I recommend everyone with a bit of sanity stay away.  My opinion anyway.

Yeah, now days you mostly find pull on disposable undferwear in stores.  Those who wear just for the ball drop in Times Square are in for a big surprise if they grab an off the shelf product like disposable underwear.  As mentioned, even those who can find actual tape on diapers at Wallgreens or Walmart are in for some wet pants.  You wouldn't expect the general public of knowing what we here know about the premium brands of diapers when they may only wear one for this once a year occasion, but if any of them do any on-line research, they could read up about Abena, Confidry 24/7, Betterdry, Northshore and all the top brands out there.  The question is, are they willing to pay $30 plus shipping for a pack of premium diapers that they may only use one of when they can grab a cheap pack from the local store?   Probably not even if they have looked up adult diapers on the internet.  They ,most likely will leak with the cheap brands but their pants won't get as totally soaked as if they went with no diaper at all.

By the way, do a google search about new years diapers at Times Square and you will get a lot of info about people admitting to wearing diapers.  https://www.inquisitr.com/4711520/wet-adult-diapers-trumps-modesty-at-times-square-new-years-eve-ball-drop/

Ok, I saw some women on 6pm news talking about wearing diapers in the party with no issues. It’s an interesting contrast to some on the board who are nearly mortified at the prospect of wearing diapers around their friends. We may possibly see less judgement about that in a few more years. Diapers in the mainstream... you can use that in a number of ways - right?

Fox News has all of their anchors in different locations doing a scavenger hunt with people in the crowds. Some items include floss, flip flops, a yodeler, and of course, people wearing diapers. It's been mentioned at least 20 times now. It seems like a lot of people are in fact, wearing, and openly admitting it on camera!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Yooo said:

Fox News has all of their anchors in different locations doing a scavenger hunt with people in the crowds. Some items include floss, flip flops, a yodeler, and of course, people wearing diapers. It's been mentioned at least 20 times now. It seems like a lot of people are in fact, wearing, and openly admitting it on camera!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I saw that! and the dude showed the top of his diaper on camera!

11 hours ago, toejamer said:

Ok, I saw some women on 6pm news talking about wearing diapers in the party with no issues. It’s an interesting contrast to some on the board who are nearly mortified at the prospect of wearing diapers around their friends. We may possibly see less judgement about that in a few more years. Diapers in the mainstream... you can use that in a number of ways - right?

I don't expect to see more people just wearing diapers on a daily basis to become reality.  This is a once a year situation based on being in a huge crowd of people in Times Square for most of a day without the convenience of a toilet.  I think most people realize the situation and are accepting of someone wearing a diaper just from necessity.  Same as a diver may wear a diaper for extended deep sea dives instead of compromising the integrity of his dry suit, or the astronaut who wears a diaper for his space walk due to necessity.  The most I think we can realistically hope for is that some of these New Year party goers who wear a diaper for the ball drop decide they like the feeling of a diaper between their legs and the warm wet feeling as they wet it.  For some it may turn them on, they may start to wear more and more just for fun because they like it and we may end up with a few more members here because of it.