LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Diapers Brand

DailyDi

Ok so I have received my sample package. The following is my review of these new diapers.

Look: I like the cute nursery prints on the front but would like to see others with bears and puppies and kittens and babies wearing only a diaper and what not.

Feel: The feel of the outer shell is soft and smooth. I enjoy the feel it has under my close as well. It is a thicker diaper but not the thickest I have worn. There is absorbent material partially out in the wings. However, seeing as how I am a side sleeper there is not enough in the wings. It would be nice if a diaper could have absorbent material extending filling out the wings to the diaper's tapes.

Functionality: The diaper stands up to heavy wetting and does not leak if you are a stomach or back sleeper. Be wary if you are a side sleeper as it does leak while sleeping on your side. The material does not seem to be enough on the side to catch a stream of wetting during the night.

The leg guards are nice and soft. I have nothing bad to say about them. The foam gathers in the back are a nice touch as it allows for a better fit. Molicare should get that through there heads in there Super Plus line.

The tapes stay put but don't expect much sticky ness to reapply the tapes if they come loose.

Smell: Noticeable once wet. Would be nice if diaper contained a sent similar to the Pampers Baby Dry line. As noted by other's that smell takes me back in time to fonder memories.

Price: A little high. Lower the price and this will widen the market purchasing power.

Major complaint of the diaper: Needs more Filling out of absorbent material in the wings.

Over-all rating I would give this diaper on a scale of 1-10 based on the needs and wants of the AB/DL community is a 8.

Aww, bunching... I haven't tried them yet, but what I'm hearing, it doesn't work all that well for daily wear.

Is the plastic crinkly?

Outer plastic is of the Secure X-Plus variety, as is the plastic used on the tape landing zone (texture wise, not design, obv). The main outer plastic is whisper quiet and feels very nice against the skin, the landing zone is noisier and the crinkliest I've tried. That's the first I've heard of them bunching though. Given that they're basically an enhanced S' X-Plus, which definitely don't bunch, I can't see why they would... I haven't tried mine yet, though (saving them for special occasions :D) so can't say whether they do or don't bunch up for me.

On the designs, yeah, I have to agree that there are things I'd like more than the building blocks. Paler pastel colours, fluffy bunnies, things like that... Perhaps even a slightly less densely printed design, I'm not sure.

Knowing the the Bambino folks watch this board ;) perhaps they could say whether they would be interested in offering additional designs if there was sufficient demand? Pretty please? With a cherry? :P

Well, I went through the 8 pack sample and have decided that I have a new favorite diaper. I agree with the consensus that they are made by the same people/machines that make the secure x-plus. I am very pleased with all aspects of the diaper.

I finally got a chance to try out my sample of Bambino diapers. Here's what I thought and it was a new experience.

Initial Impressions:

Upon opening the package, I was greeted by an all white diaper with no wetness indicator and a large, brightly colored taping area on the front. The reinforced taping zone is brightly decorated pattern with the word "BABY" spelled out in blocks. It is very cute although I'm not into the AB. I'm willing to try.

Closer Examination:

Upon opening the diaper, it was apparent that there was a lot of fluff in the construction. Fluff is important for quick absorption. The leak guards are full length and very securely attached. Some cheaper diapers will pull away but not this one! The waterproof backing is very sturdy and soft. It makes a slight noise but not as bad as a Depend. The shape of the padding roughly hourglass with a very thick middle and slightly wider in the front and very wide in the rear. The tapes are quite different than most diapers. They are both positioned fairly high so that the bottom tape does not bunch up the material like so many others. It also doesn't cut into the leg when worn. I have high hopes for this one.

Application:

In preparation, I drank 32 ounces of water before putting on the Bambino. Once spread on the bed, I sat on it and felt it against my skin. Very soft thick. The tapes felt strong and secure. The material in the crotch, as was evident upon inspection, is quite generous. So much so that there is a definite bulge. The taping zone is just about perfectly positioned for me. Once on, it doesn't look so thick in the front but you can still feel it more. The rear is much thicker and the crotch is visibly more full. Bonus points for that!

Use:

This diaper sucks! That is a good thing, in this case. After 30 minutes, the first wetting was released. Nothing was held back. This Bambino sucked it up and there was almost no wetness at all. Warmth could be felt but it still felt dry to the skin. No noticeable swelling yet from the polymer.

Twenty minutes later, the second wetting dumped on top of the first. More warmth and some slight expansion. Two wettings could probably go unnoticed in public. There was no chance of a leak after two wettings. Still feels quite dry.

The third wetting caused some pretty impressive bulging. Definitely not a public concealment diaper. At that time I readjusted the tapes. They are great and I felt every confidence they would hold.

By the fourth wetting, it was obvious this diaper was not ordinary. It causes such growth in the crotch that I was forced to waddle a bit. Sitting seemed perfectly safe without fear of leaks although it will tend to rock you back. No press-out of liquid was felt upon sitting.

The fifth wetting was the same as the rest. It felt like the half gallon of water was almost gone, having filtered through my kidneys in just over two hours. Examining the diaper, it is apparent that there is much more padding left to absorb liquid. Another 32 ounces was drank. I really want to see what this thing can take.

The sixth wetting finally caused a leak while sitting. To be honest, that surpassed my expectations by at least one full wetting. It only allowed two small spots at the rear of my pants. It is still not fully soaked so the test continues.

I think I lost count at this point. I'm sure it took another wetting but it was starting to get really heavy and started sagging a bit. The tape, to their credit, did not give way and I adjusted a few times for a tighter fit. I changed it here and it weighed over five pounds. That's a solid five pints or two plus liters or 80 ounces. Not too shabby.

Final Evaluation:

This is one superior diaper. I've worn almost everything available and this makes an Abena look second class. This is the premium diaper for anyone that likes or needs diapers, be it for incontinence, AB or DL. If you like being changed often, stay away from this diaper! It will be hours before you are wet enough to warrant being changed.

I found nothing to hate about this diaper and everything to love. Even not being an AB is not a hindrance.

I'd suspect a guy pointing up could get three large voids without any fear of leaking. A guy pointing down, at least four. A woman, not having a choice in directions, would most certainly get four wettings and most likely five without a problem.

The price is higher than some but in this day and age, you get what you pay for. This is the finest diaper I have ever had the privilege of using.

how does the two tape on each side hold up as far as a snug fit. I like the three tape design from attends, and was wondering if you get as snug of a fit with the bambino compared to attends

Personally, the three tapes are too confining if you aren't bedridden. The bottom one is too low and I often pull it way high which bunches the material. On the Bambino, by comparison, the bottom tape is about mid way between where the normal bottom and middle tape would go. It is also above where a traditional 2 tape diaper's bottom tape would be. For me, that is about perfect because it is above the crease in the hip. That keeps it from stretching and leaking as far as I can tell. I also don't get that gap between the tapes with the Bambino.

As for strength and longevity, I had no problems with them holding up and readjusted several times with no ill effect. The landing zone insured that I did not rip the waterproof backing. They even held well when I bundled the old diaper up and tossed it. Nothing bad to say about them, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my order, and they are excellent. :D In fact, it is the underlying diaper that makes it excellent, and not the baby tape.

Which leads me to my request (seeing that Bambino representatives might read this board semi-regularly):

How about adding another diaper or two to your inventory in the future? The first one I'd like to see is the same underlying diaper, but with a clear landing tape (without any writing). The second one I'd like to see is the same underlying diaper with no landing tape at all.

I do like the current ones, but for me, there's nothing like a clean, white diaper. If Bambino offered a completely white diaper along with the current baby tape style, I'd never have to look elsewhere ever again.

I was reading about someone wanting Bambino to make white type diapers. Yes I would love to see them make this type . A nice thick plastic white diaper. Like the ones I grew up in. It seems all the large adult diapers are now getting thinner and clothlike which are not the same. So it would be nice to see them make this type....

I just ordered my third case of these wonderfull diapers!

Before these came out I was wearing diapers such as- abena x plus, secure x plus, attends w waistbands, european tena slip maxi , european wellness briefs, molicare, tranquility atn, riboslip night, absorin night, and many other disposable diapers.

I just wanted to say after trying just about every diaper I could get my hands on THESE BAMBINO"S are the all around best diaper I have ever worn!

( With the exception of wearing my gauze cotton nightime diapers with plastic pants)

Thanks bambino for coming up with a superior( american made) product.

For those of you that have never tried these diapers, you owe it to yourself to tape one on. They are well worth the slightly extra cost. :thumbsup:

Thanks bambino for coming up with a superior( american made) product.

For those of you that have never tried these diapers, you owe it to yourself to tape one on. They are well worth the slightly extra cost. :thumbsup:

I agree they're now well and truly my favourite diaper. I brought myself a bag back from the US with me and am definitely making them last (used two since I've been back). I wish they could find a UK or even EU based distributor...

I think they're actually made in China though, aren't they? The last bag of Secure X-Plus I bought had a sticker on saying so and they're clearly off the same production line.

Guest Bambino Diapers

Hi all! Thanks so much for the great messages! :)

To address a few quick concerns (and then to run back into the warehouse - we have a container of extra-larges and smalls to unload!), here we go:

@ttbuc, et al: we're looking into other diaper designs for our next runs of product. Stay tuned to our website for details on the contests we'll be running with regards to that issue!

@AutieAB: I promise you we're working on it. International distro is perhaps our biggest issue right now....and we're working with every possible partner to get the product out to Europe, as well as into Canada.

@MikeDJ: Don't worry - we'll never switch to a clothlike backing for this product. Blech! With regards to the thickness of our diaper, we use a certain amount of compression on the diaper in order to package it well, and to be honest I am not sure of how feasible it'd be to use less compression... We're always looking into it, however!

To all others, thanks for your messages and ideas -- we appreciate them! If you haven't already, head on over to www.bambinodiapers.com/shop and give our fantastic Bambinos a try. I'm sure you'll be happy. :)

• 2 months later...

I'd love to see them all white with a clear landing zone and a REALLY crinkly outer plastic. The plastic is just too quiet for my likes! We shouldn't be hiding that we are diapered, but rather proud of them!

I just put on my first Bambino and I have to say it feels amazing. Its so soft and quiet that I can barely tell it is there. I hope that if they go to a more loud design, they keep quiet as an option too. I am not ashamed of my diapers by far but I don't always need them to be loud to know that I am wearing them. I have not yet wet in them, but that will likely make or break my love of Bambino's overall. I don't think absorbency will be a problem if everything I have read it true.

Hello to all Bambino diaper users!

I have a question I hope someone can answer for me. I am about to order my

first bambino diapers. I have a 34 inch waist. My question is for those diaper

wearers who are also 34" waist... How does the medium Bambino fit? Does the

diaper wrap around far enough to secure the tapes in the front? Or do they just

reach the sides of the front of the diaper?

I ask this because I usually buy size medium of any disposable diaper I wear.

However, I have found some brands of size medium diapers where the tapes

on the back panel barely reach the sides of the front panel. This makes for a

uncomfortable fit and contributes to easier leakage.

Thanks for any info you can give me! I'm really looking forward to wearing this

super diaper!

Dear Bambino Diapers,

I'm on my 8th bag of your diapers, and i love everything about them, especially the tapes. This is the first disposable I've ever worn that you can put the tapes as tight as you want and the tapes don't pull off and the plastic material does not tear. What amazes me even more is that my GF loves them also. She doesn't wear, but she loves putting them on me at night.

For your next diaper, what I'd like to see is a true reproduction of the old 2 tape diapers. Anyway, that's my wish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far, I LOVE this diaper! I'm not a fan of the blocks spelling "Baby" (I'm more of an adult that likes baby stuff. I do like the pacifiers and bears on it. It'd be fucken awesome if the blocks spelled my name! Selling out "Bambino" would be nicer than "Baby")

The 2 sodas I had made it through me, and I barely feel wet! This is definitely going to be helpful tomorrow at jury duty!

The crinkle enough to hear them under my skirt, which I love! People who aren't "diaper aware" aren't going to notice it, but my sister, in a quite room, mentioned she can hear my diaper.

Wow, judging by how much I wet and how it expanded so far, by the time it's saturated, it might be starting to stretch the plastic!

OMFG! I will continue never going potty again for anything! Down with the potty! It's only good for puking!

Maybe a Bambino with a Depend boost will actually make it through a night at the bar (I HATE bar bathrooms!). OOoh, I can't wait!

The little pacifier on my diaper is making me miss my binky! I better go get it!

Look at the teddy, I want my Floppy wolf!

You wont need a booster. The bambino diapers hold alot, even all night. I usually wet the diaper before im asleep and wet it during the nite and then in the morning and I have never had a leaky diaper. They are noisy which I like and other people will hear them, I have comments before....lol I wish the makers of bambino diaper would put the pampers diaper smell in the diaper and change the huge blocks to small ones with the word "diaper" running through the front. This is the only diaper I wear now and I wear them alot, I wear diapers more than panties and its the bambino diaper.

I got the bambino diapers once.they are great diapers.but for the price I will just keep wearing my depend diapers.if they put the pampers smell on the bambino diapers I would try them again.if they would add a few more diapers to there case with the pampers smell then I would wear them all the them.

Aww... poor teddy bear.

The bear on my saturated diaper looks so sad and pathetic with the soggies all around him.

It's like he's crying... "PLEASE change this diaper! It's so wet in here."