LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Diapers Brand

DailyDi

Definitely have to try these new Teddy's out in the coming months. Not terribly excited by the print, but I'm hoping that front plastic line really is noticeably softer. The closer they can make that feel like the rest of the diaper's plastic, the better I'll like it!

I wonder just how stretchy these tapes are. Is it the tapes themselves that stretch, or the piece of the diaper they are connected/glued to? I'm assuming the latter.

I thought I read that the extra bit of absorbent material they've added is going towards the rear end of the diaper. That should be a plus for most diaper lovers. Gotta love a well-padded butt. :)

While maximum capacity matters, what matters most is maximum capacity without leakage ;) and that's going to vary with different situations and different people's shapes :mellow: We've all encountered 'press leaks' where you were dry outside till you sat down :o If you haven't then you're not trying hard enough :lol:

IMHO the most important quality of any diaper is how well it works for you B) Other people's opinions and capacity tests just give you some idea of whether you might want to try something different to see if perhaps it might work better :whistling: If a few ounces of capacity is the only difference then you need to change your diaper or you're going to be leaking PDQ :angry:

Bettypooh

While maximum capacity matters, what matters most is maximum capacity without leakage ;) and that's going to vary with different situations and different people's shapes :mellow: We've all encountered 'press leaks' where you were dry outside till you sat down :o If you haven't then you're not trying hard enough :lol:

IMHO the most important quality of any diaper is how well it works for you B) Other people's opinions and capacity tests just give you some idea of whether you might want to try something different to see if perhaps it might work better :whistling: If a few ounces of capacity is the only difference then you need to change your diaper or you're going to be leaking PDQ :angry:

Bettypooh

I think you nailed it. Sitting down, an Abena lasts longer for me. But, when sleeping or lying down, Bambino doesn't sag and thus can hold more without leaking out the side.

Granted, some people's hips are different, wetting patterns, etc.

I am curious though how the new Bambinos have tipped the scales. The new M4 Abenas haven't changed absorbency, but the new Bambinos tout increased absorbency.

Mmm... I used the tapes correctly but, I'm guessing, the stress on them due to having to wrap tighter on my smaller frame made the diaper not really work well for me. Well at least it seems like they'll be awesome if smalls appear.

• Like 1

Mmm... I used the tapes correctly but, I'm guessing, the stress on them due to having to wrap tighter on my smaller frame made the diaper not really work well for me. Well at least it seems like they'll be awesome if smalls appear.

I love this new diaper and will be buying them all the time now!! I have no problems with the tapes braking NEVER had one brake yet when wearing the diaper I used one pack out of the case. I think people are having problem like Bambino said on there website people are using them as “size extender” because they cant fit a medium diaper and don't want to wait for the large.

• Like 1

I would just like to tell everybody about a very positive experience that I had with bambinos. Here is the email that I sent to them. I find it rare, in this day and age that a company would honor and value their customers like this. Especially for a $7.?? order. I really think this makes this company stand out and definitely makes me want to shop with them again. :thumbsup:

I ordered a sample pack of the new teddy bambinos and received the classico instead. I emailed you reference the mess up and a few days later received the correct samples that I had requested. I would just like to say thank you for correcting the order.

I will do business with you in the future and will spread this experience around.

Thank you again,

I love this new diaper and will be buying them all the time now!! I have no problems with the tapes braking NEVER had one brake yet when wearing the diaper I used one pack out of the case. I think people are having problem like Bambino said on there website people are using them as “size extender

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but did you have to post the exact same post in two threads?

Either way, I'm not sure why you used that to respond to me, as I indicated both that I was using the tapes correctly and that I am not too large for the diaper but too small.

I take it that you cant read? it's NOT the same post

• Like 1

Isn't copy and paste wonderful? :roflmao:

I love this new diaper and will be buying them all the time now!! I have no problems with the tapes braking NEVER had one brake yet when wearing the diaper I used one pack out of the case. I think people are having problem like Bambino said on there website people are using them as “size extender

Oh! Pardon me! Only 60 percent of your post was EXACTLY repeated, copy-pasted inane commentary that had nothing to do with my post. The rest was normal inane commentary that had nothing to do my post.

I guess that just makes it irrelevant and mostly repetitive, rather than irrelevant and completely repetitive.

And, of course, you've added utterly rude to the mix. Grats? But, then, anybody who's seen your other posts in this thread can scarcely be surprised at that.

• Like 1

I hate to drag you back on topic, but I just received a case of Teddies, and the tape problem is a problem.

It stems from the stretchy rubber part being prone to tearing, especially at angles, and once you get the smallest imperfection or nick, it tears like a balloon going pop.

I for one can't order any more of these until they get this resolved, I'm 5 for 5 so far, I'm thinking of boxing them up and sending them back, something I've never done before.

Oh well, back to the drawing board on that.

I hate to drag you back on topic, but I just received a case of Teddies, and the tape problem is a problem.

It stems from the stretchy rubber part being prone to tearing, especially at angles, and once you get the smallest imperfection or nick, it tears like a balloon going pop.

I for one can't order any more of these until they get this resolved, I'm 5 for 5 so far, I'm thinking of boxing them up and sending them back, something I've never done before.

Oh well, back to the drawing board on that.

Thanks for that, Willow. :)

I really hope they iron it out. I love the overall design of the diaper and would love to see it in a comfy small size. :)

I sent them an email about how all the reviews I have read involved the tapes breaking, even though I haven't tried them myself (need large). Hopefully, they will either improve the design or remove it and go back to the original.

BTW... "Brake" is what you use to slow down in a vehicle. "Break" is what happens when something fails under stress or strain.

I need new brakes because, soon, my brakes will break since the brake pads are worn down. I need new rotors too since mine are rusty and may break as well, which would be bad if part of the brake breaks! lol.

I hope they don't go back to the other design of tapes. I much prefer the larger dual layer tapes, they just need to be anchored properly. On the plus side they're softer and absorb a lot and the design is cute. The leg cut isn't great, but everyone is a different shape.

• Like 1

Well, I love bambino and I know everyone's very excited for this new product release as I am too. However, I'm starting to get mixed feelings.

For me anyway, I don't care much for the print, bears just aren't my thing and would rather have no print than bears.

The tapes seem okay at best and although a unique design, it's not necessary and is easily a problem if you don't use them correctly and even if you do, don't seem hold up over time. It also doesn't sound from what people are saying that they're that advantagous so what's the point? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. What's wrong with the previous taping system. Works great everytime, all the time and so do other less complex taping systems on other diapers. I see zero benefit in this taping system and I'm guessing the new taping system is what caused all the delays in the release of this new diaper. Still doesn't appear it's 100% right.

The added absorbancy as many reported is unnoticable.

They aren't yet available in L or S. I use Large.

They cost more.

Why would I want to pay more for something with tapes that aren't as effective as the previous ones, unnoticable added absorbancy, and a print I don't particularily like? Guess I'll be sticking to my biancos!! I can add any print to them if I want.

PS. Now, before you all get up in my grill and hating and giving me negative feedback, this is just my opinion and take on the diaper just as it was yours in your posts even if you absolutely loved them and I didn't give you any negative feedback so I'd appreciate the same. It's my opinion and maybe others feel the same. I wear bambinos, like them, great diapers so I'm not hating the company, keep that in mind.

• Like 2

I just wish they'd focused on adding thickness rather than absorbency. It seems like there's a magical threshold that manufacturers are unwilling or unable to surpass, which is a shame. If Bambino, Abena, Attends, or any other company came out with an indisputably thicker diaper, I'd be *all over it*. Granted Tena did, but it's impossible to find stateside.

Edit: To whoever was classy enough to downvote this comment...why?

• Like 3

You know, there is a seperate thread for the Teddy diaper, and I think it would be more productive for the developer to keep all discussions regarding that product in the same thread, as opposed to here in the manufacturer thread, where the discussions get lost.

I'm not saying this to blow my own horn (since I created the thread) but in order to help Bambino in their work and doing the testing or research they need for making changes or improvements. They proved this product to us and we in turn should be as helpful with our input as possible to aid in the development of both this and any future products that they may have in the pipeline.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=23622&pid=332894&st=20&#entry332894

I still think the teddy is a wonderful item, but yeah, I believe the tape system as it is is flawed and needs to either use a different 'elastic' material or just be scrapped and return to the tape system used on both the Classico or the blanco...sorry

AWESOME diaper though, even though I'm a D/L..if the tape thing gets resolved I'll be wearing more of these as they look, feel and work GREAT! :D

qwack

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest NaughtyAshes

Man, this is sort of silly, but does anyone else notice that Bambino is the king of pushing back release dates? They just pushed the release of the large Teddys back two weeks. Not so much a criticism as just shaking my head with joking laughter at them.

Like virtually all disposable diapers sold in the USA, The Bottom Half Group uses foreign factories. Unfortunately to conserve fuel and save money, shipping lines have reduced the speed of their cargo container ships. Therefore arrival estimates mean nothing.

Something else to consider is that ICE and DEA discovered years ago in a cargo container the odor of disposable diapers frustrates most methods of detecting drugs or explosives. Consequently disposable diaper containers are carefully inspected by US Customs and DEA. That can take a few extra days.

Guest NaughtyAshes

Like virtually all disposable diapers sold in the USA, The Bottom Half Group uses foreign factories. Unfortunately to conserve fuel and save money, shipping lines have reduced the speed of their cargo container ships. Therefore arrival estimates mean nothing.

Something else to consider is that ICE and DEA discovered years ago in a cargo container the odor of disposable diapers frustrates most methods of detecting drugs or explosives. Consequently disposable diaper containers are carefully inspected by US Customs and DEA. That can take a few extra days.

Actually, I work in retail and know a thing or two about how logistics relate to street dates. Set backs are almost always avoided by conservative estimation. Even with reduced speeds, which I agree have been occurring to a certain degree, especially if the manufacturing is being done in South Asia, not so much India or China, the manufacturer can still give you arrival dates and even consideration for inspections. In fact, payment is often based on arrival by a certain date as per the contract.

Bad street date estimates are almost entirely the fault of the retailer. Except in rare exception due to weather/calamity.

Man, this is sort of silly, but does anyone else notice that Bambino is the king of pushing back release dates? They just pushed the release of the large Teddys back two weeks. Not so much a criticism as just shaking my head with joking laughter at them.

Boy, didn't see that one coming a mile away!!! :rolleyes::P That's okay though, don't have any plans on making a purchase of their Teddys until somethings been done about the tape issue anyway so wait, wait I will. :whistling: I've gotten use to it now.

• Like 1

Boy, didn't see that one coming a mile away!!! :rolleyes::P That's okay though, don't have any plans on making a purchase of their Teddys until somethings been done about the tape issue anyway so wait, wait I will. :whistling: I've gotten use to it now.

Hopefully, that's precisely why the release date has been pushed back. *Crosses fingers*

• Like 1

I bought I sample pack of the teddys to try them out but the tapes are bad I made sure I didn't pull them tight but when I woke up this morning the tapes were ripped I hope they go back to the orginal tapes for the teddys bc I like the look of them but I won't be buying them again till the tape issue is solved

• Like 1

I finally decided to give these a try, but immediately ran into a couple problems.

1. They don't seem to accept debit cards. I have a credit card, but the bill would end up being sent back home (I'm at college right now). They say they bill discreetly, but I still don't want my parents wondering what I was buying.

2. The shipping to a PO box would just about double the cost. I'm really not too keen on spending in excess of $100/case.

Any suggestions on a better way to order?

Also, I have about a 30" waist. Do you think I should order a sample first to make sure they fit properly, or just get a case in small?