LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Strange days indeed - a 24 x 7 experiment

On 9/14/2019 at 5:34 AM, oznl said:

You know if I was clinically incontinent, I reckon I would have had a go at them.  As of right now though, this is basically a lifestyle choice so I'm going to opt for the lowest profile path aimed at inconveniencing nobody.

As for the "progressive, nanny state" thing, you're absolutely correct in that but you've misunderstood the efficacy of that government zeitgeist in actually conferring any useful benefit. 

Nanny-stralia would more likely develop an Australian-specific standard of adult nappy, mandate it (making every adult diaper on the world market "illegal" here), appoint a huge government body to oversee it, and re-classify adult nappies as a "prescription only" medical device to make sure that as simple and stupid citizens, we don't hurt ourselves with them.  Only this will ensure that Australian pay the highest prices in the Western world and sustain an enormous number of well paid public servants.

Oh dear, I seem to have gone off into a rant again...

If anybody downunder wants to start a local chapter of the "Boston Tea Party", I'm game...

Awesome! :wub: Get 'em tiger!

9 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

First, my condolences, second, man did I laugh when I read the above. I haven't tried Veet, although I did consider it, but I was wary of using it "down under". I have however done exactly as you described and spritzed isopropyl alcohol in places it was never meant to be used, with results very similar to yours  - that intriguing neurological delayed reaction being among the most notable.

I have had repeated experiences with diaper rash, finding most of them to be related to low-cost diapers, actually, although the worst one I ever had, the one that almost killed me, did indeed come from running 5 miles on a treadmill wearing a pull-up. I say "almost killed me" because I had an ingrown hair turn septic with an antibiotic resistant strain of mutant evil that ended up requiring lancing in the hospital and an extended period of antibiotics. The doctor said "I've seen this with long-distance runners and people who frequent gyms, as well as inmates in prisons, and intravenous drug users." So, good company. The quickest relief from less invasive insults to the skin seems to come with a combination of cortisone, and a nuclear-strength anti-fungal such as Lamisil. I am religious about applying diaper cream now, and as soon as I detect a rash, I change to a diaper of a different brand for a couple of days, which always seems to help; maybe a combination of it being positioned slightly differently. below, plus a different mix of materials. This is pure speculation, but I find it works. 

There was some method in my madness, I was aware that the "rash" was most likely a minor friction injury that I'd stupidly made 10 times worse with depilatory cream and a really good scrape.  I figured that the compromised skin could quickly go fungal as it was at ground-zero in my nappy zone.  The point of the alcohol was that it's a quick-and-brutal anti-fungal.  It won't penetrate the skin (where I understand a proper yeast rash would be running) but this was more of a prophylactic mechanism to deny any Candida floating about the opportunity of getting inside for a party.

I knew it would sting a bit but I'd just massively underestimated how much that was going to #$@%ing hurt!!

The Veet itself, apart from the obvious RTFM-error on behalf of its user, was effective.  Erring on the side of caution, I'd bought the variant for "sensitive skin".  I stand in awe (sitting being less comfortable right now) at what the formulation for "insensitive skin" must be like.

Anyway, things are looking a bit better down there today.  It's still red and raw but it hurts a lot less and my body seems to be repairing the breach.  I'm just using sudocrem (Zinc Oxide) on it for now.

I don't think that a wet nappy has really ever given me any bacterial/fungal problems (a dirty nappy is a different proposition but they are rare for me these days).  The near misses I've had have been all about friction.  You really can't believe the pictures on those ads though - bicycling through the Cotswolds in a wet adult nappy is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

This is probably the most interesting thread I've read in a long time, well done Oznl, please do keep it up and keep us updated.

Some of the parallels with my own home life are uncanny and I'm glad I'm not alone, not just Oznl's posts but others.  I have to wear nappies at night due to never growing out of bedwetting properly and I do enjoy having some fun with printed nappies - after all, life would be dull otherwise and the "AB" nappies do work SO much better than the medical rubbish.

Generally, I get home around 7pm and get changed for bed. My wife massively disapproves, but she's aware that it makes me happy and says nothing.  About once ever two months she'll have a whinge about it, fair enough, she does things that annoy me that I sometimes moan about.  The post above (or on the previous page) about keeping the same nappy on during the working day peaked my interest.  As I do love wearing them, when I'm working from home, I generally sit around in a nappy all day until about 6pm when I'll go for a shower and "get ready for bed" again.  But the only thing I do keep hidden is that I actually change in the morning to a clean nappy so I can start again.  I am 100% certain that it's known, but nothing is said and we're both happy.

Tonight though, the mother in law is staying with us and I'm sat around in normal attire, itching to go to bed, hah!  The other thing that caught my attention was the periodic cycle of complaining about it every so often - it is about once every 2 months.  It'll be a "you shouldn't need those at your age" or "why do you have that on now when you don't need it", etc. I think it genuinely coincides with us squabbling about something else like a normal married couple. 

Oznl - very interested to find out more about your gym bin. Are they yours or someone else's? Have you worked it out yet? 

15 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

Generally, I get home around 7pm and get changed for bed. My wife massively disapproves, but she's aware that it makes me happy and says nothing.  About once ever two months she'll have a whinge about it, fair enough, she does things that annoy me that I sometimes moan about.  The post above (or on the previous page) about keeping the same nappy on during the working day peaked my interest.  As I do love wearing them, when I'm working from home, I generally sit around in a nappy all day until about 6pm when I'll go for a shower and "get ready for bed" again.  But the only thing I do keep hidden is that I actually change in the morning to a clean nappy so I can start again.  I am 100% certain that it's known, but nothing is said and we're both happy.

This parallels my current process... basically, it goes like this: my wife knows I wear diapers to bed, and the cover story is that I might wet the bed due to a (benign) brain tumour, which is barely if at all true - I've actually "wet the bed" (as opposed to "wet my diaper") twice in the last five years, but I used it as a basis to wear diapers to bed for the last two years, although I used to hide them from her, by getting up and putting a nappy on after she'd fallen asleep. About four months ago, my courage bolstered at least somewhat by @oznl's documenting of his journey, and a couple of months into the commencement of my own 24/7 experiment, I "came out", telling her I was wearing diapers to bed, and to my relief and amazement, she was very understanding about it. 

What I didn't tell her is that for the last roughly six months, I've been wearing diapers 24/7, with very few exceptions. With the newfound "permission" I have to openly wear diapers around her, I've been gently pushing the goalposts back, so far without eliciting any negative commentary. At first, I only wore plain diapers in front of her, but lately I've been mixing in printed diapers, with no comments. I work from home fairly frequently, so, much like you, I have been lingering in my night diaper later and later into the day (or swapping for a dry one as necessary, but using the same brand, so that it isn't obvious that I've changed and put another diaper on). On a couple of occasions over the last two weeks, she's seen that I have a diaper on well into the afternoon - I've been wearing a diaper that sticks well above my shorts at the back - but she hasn't commented. Once the kids are home from school, I swap into a slimmer, quiet diaper for the period of the evening where we feed them and run them about their various activities. 

Then, as soon as they've gone to bed, or disappeared down a digital rabbit hole for the evening, I "get ready for bed", and put on a more substantial diaper, something that I used to do at, say, 11 PM, but now do basically as soon as I can get away with it. If we are watching TV or reading in our room, I'll have the diaper on on uncovered.

So, the only things I haven't done, which would confirm to her that I'm wearing diapers all of the time, are to, A) wear a diaper in an obvious manner while away from the house (though she knows I often walk the dog in the morning or at night with a diaper on), B ) change out of my alleged "night diaper" and into a notably different diaper in the morning, thus confirming that I am wearing a chosen "day diaper", C) changed out of my morning wear and put "going out" clothes on over a diaper while in front of her, or, D) come home at the end of the day and taken off my "out in the world clothes" while in front of her, revealing that I have a diaper on. Or, E) for me to say, "Hey, so, I'm wearing diapers all the time now - what are your thoughts on that?", on the theory that one shouldn't ask questions one doesn't want the answer to.

On 9/24/2019 at 7:40 AM, BedWetMark said:

This is probably the most interesting thread I've read in a long time, well done Oznl, please do keep it up and keep us updated.

Thank you for the feedback!  This thread has been running a while now and whilst I don’t want to be one of those sad types whose only form of self-validation is social-media likes, I was starting to wonder a while back if things had “jumped the shark” so to speak and I should let it die.   The “read” count seems quite high on this but for a fair bit, it was just me sermonising to myself.  A bit of response here and there convinces me that it’s worth plugging on documenting.

My wife massively disapproves, but she's aware that it makes me happy and says nothing.  About once ever two months she'll have a whinge about it, fair enough, she does things that annoy me that I sometimes moan about. 

The other thing that caught my attention was the periodic cycle of complaining about it every so often - it is about once every 2 months.  It'll be a "you shouldn't need those at your age" or "why do you have that on now when you don't need it", etc. I think it genuinely coincides with us squabbling about something else like a normal married couple.

My own wife also massively disapproves for entirely egocentric reasons earlier shared and still today, whilst she knows that wearing makes me happier, she would simply prefer me to do what SHE wants and be less happy.   If that sounds harsh on her part, consider my own harshness.  I’ve stopped caring about her massive disapproval (at least superficially, really I *do* care a bit).  We are where we are because I told her that it wasn't negotiable and she has chosen to continue the relationship.  I made it clear that her choice was to accept or to discontinue the relationship and that I would work with her positively in either scenario. 

Normal marital squabbles are about things like why she broke the refrigerator shelf again by trying to force a frozen turkey into an ice tray or why I didn't guess that she I was supposed to buy her dinner because it was the 57th week anniversary of her aunt's hysterectomy.

There is in fact deep within me, a white hot molten core of anger about how I squandered so much of my life pursuing somebody else's dreams that will either cool over time, or explode.  I'm aiming for the former.  Anyway, that stuff isn't amusing, isn't fun and I haven't said too much about it.

Oznl - very interested to find out more about your gym bin. Are they yours or someone else's? Have you worked it out yet? 

I guess if it were one of "those" blogs, it would transpire that there was in fact, a nubile, available and attractive ABDL in my own very corporate park and we would discover each other and sail off into a sexually-charged, nappy-clad sunset to live happily ever after.

Oh yeah, this is reality... 

Marital infidelity just isn't in my DNA but anyway at this point, the overwhelmingly mundane evidence is that those nappies were MY nappies:  ones that I'd incorrectly imagined I'd discarded thoughtfully a month earlier.  Reasons:

• At a glance, I believe they were BetterDry nappies, a brand that I use during the day and NOT a brand that is readily available on the Australian market outside a very limited ABDL channel (presumably because they work, thus failing the test for medical grade adult nappies).
  • Olfactory evidence suggested that these nappies were wet and OLD
  • After the nappy bin was (eventually) emptied, NO more nappies appeared until I caved and gave it some (they are still there, 1 week and counting).

Yes, it seems that having been removed from the hygiene-bins-that-really-weren’t, my dead and decomposing wet nappies hung around, getting dragged from place to place like some scene out of “Weekend at Bernie’s” to reappear in a different bin in a different room some weeks later.  I suspect, the subject of a left-field dispute between a hapless gym, a cheap-skate building manager and some intransigent cleaners.  I truly thought that this was a harmless and responsible way of disposal.  I’ve I’d had ANY clue that this bizarre stand-off would have ensued, I would have avoided causing it. 

The only outlier is the nappies in the still-too-small hygiene bin in the disabled toilet.  They were NOT mine and could be anybody's.  I don't even know if they were adult nappies as I didn't examine them:  too weird.

Not one, but THREE newish things happened this week.  It would have been nice if they’d waited a few days to neatly occur at my 6-month milestone but it seems life isn’t that neat and I’ll have to write about something boring when that occurs.

Accidents:  By default, Fridays are a “work from home” day and accordingly, I usually spend Thursday evening through to Saturday in cloth nappies.

I’d changed out of a drenched Babykins night diaper into a folded & pinned terry/plastic pant combo first thing in the morning and gone pretty much straight into a series of work-related phone calls.

Some of these calls were tricky, requiring my concentration and something-resembling-diplomacy (not always my strong point) and so annoyingly, my bladder had done its usual thing and clenched shut because my brain was busy. 

Around 45 minutes later, I was done with that first round of calls and, still dry, realised that I needed to go rinse and soak my night diapers that I’d left laying malodourously in the shower recess.  Standing to leave my study, I felt a need to pee but for some reason, didn’t immediately do so, instead walking to retrieve my wet nappies from the en-suite and taking them to the laundry. 

Dumping them in the laundry tub, I turned on the tap to fill it with rinse water.  My need to pee rose swiftly at the sound of running water but before I could even think about it, I started to wet myself standing at the sink.  The urge wasn’t even that strong but the wetting happened instantly and seemingly, unbidden by me.   I just happened.  I was so surprised that I instinctively clamped off the flow (that muscle STILL works, albeit somewhat slowly).  I don’t why I did that – I was quite suitably attired for this eventuality so I relaxed again and finished my pee.  There really wasn’t that much and the front of my nappy was no more than a bit damp afterwards.  I suspect my bladder has shrunk quite a bit.

This has been the first evidence of (minor) daytime incontinence in my 173 days to-date of consecutive, permanent nappy use.

Dreams:  The other interesting thing happened a few nights ago.  My “nappy dreams” have largely tapered off of late but a few nights ago I had one.

Its theme was quite different from the previous clichés and it was vaguely depressing.

In it, I was simply walking down a footpath somewhere and I was NOT wearing a nappy and that was because, I didn't wear nappies anymore.  It was something I *used* to do.

My mental state in this dream was one of subdued regret and wondering, if and when, I’d be able to back into nappies.  It was a kind of unhappy resignation.

I’ve had these kinds of dreams before but they’ve always been to do with houses.  In them, I find myself relocating back to a house I owned once before in a different city.  Invariably, I’m unhappy about being back in that city.  I dislike cold weather and I’m staring out a window at a sky piled up with damp grey clouds and wondering if and how I will ever get back to my beloved sub-tropical climate.

It's about the loss of something I'd achieved that I valued.

When I woke up the next morning, my night Molicare was completely drenched and weighed a ton.  A little had even leaked out the legging, wetting the terry lining of my lined waterproofs.  I could dimly recall waking and wetting a bit around 2am but I would have said that it would not have been that much.  This happens periodically every week or two now.  I don’t know if I’m simply not remembering that I woke up to wet or that I’m wetting in my sleep.

Air quality: I’ve invested in an enzymatic spray-on urine cleaner.  This was primarily to deal with the used-nappy bin in my study that despite the use of regularly-replaced plastic bin liners, breathed foully when opened with a stench that seems to have, in defiance of all laws of chemistry, permeated the stainless-steel lining.

Now the bin smells vaguely of vanilla beans and deception.  Nevertheless, it’s changed my life, at least in my study. 

On a whim, I squirted it on some plastic pants that are a bit old and smelly.  If it works then great, if it doesn’t then ok, if it destroys the pants, those pants can go lurk in the vanilla-and-deception-smelling bin until they learn the error of their ways.

Oh, my rash is still visible but it seems to be on the way out.

On 9/26/2019 at 9:57 PM, oznl said:

Air quality: I’ve invested in an enzymatic spray-on urine cleaner.  This was primarily to deal with the used-nappy bin in my study that despite the use of regularly-replaced plastic bin liners, breathed foully when opened with a stench that seems to have, in defiance of all laws of chemistry, permeated the stainless-steel lining.

Now the bin smells vaguely of vanilla beans and deception.  Nevertheless, it’s changed my life, at least in my study. 

Good thought, the enzymatic cleaner. I don't currently have a bin, I just toss them into the waste basket in our bathroom, and empty it daily into the trash bin in the garage. The bathroom bin hasn't developed a funk, but the garage bin is undeniably infested with poltergeists. My theory is that this is the reason I haven't had mice in my garage this year. 

Dumping them in the laundry tub, I turned on the tap to fill it with rinse water.  My need to pee rose swiftly at the sound of running water but before I could even think about it, I started to wet myself standing at the sink.  The urge wasn’t even that strong but the wetting happened instantly and seemingly, unbidden by me.   I just happened.  I was so surprised that I instinctively clamped off the flow (that muscle STILL works, albeit somewhat slowly).  I don’t why I did that – I was quite suitably attired for this eventuality so I relaxed again and finished my pee.  There really wasn’t that much and the front of my nappy was no more than a bit damp afterwards.  I suspect my bladder has shrunk quite a bit.

This has been the first evidence of (minor) daytime incontinence in my 173 days to-date of consecutive, permanent nappy use.

I found this interesting. I haven't experienced a true involuntary release scenario while awake, although it feels like the urgency ramps up way faster than it used to, and there are fewer "gates" to take down to initiate voiding, and once it has started, I have to give serious thought into detecting if it is ongoing or finished. I was absentmindedly peeing into a diaper while prepping to take a shower the other day, and when I blew one side of the hatch just before stepping into the shower, to my surprise, I was still lightly tinkling, causing me to tape the diaper back up and not remove it until I was actually standing in the shower. But, that said, I wear boxers to the gym, and I haven't had an incident there, although I have had to cinch up after almost initiating liquid transfer a couple of times - "WAIT... right, no diaper."

On a whim, I squirted it on some plastic pants that are a bit old and smelly.  If it works then great, if it doesn’t then ok, if it destroys the pants, those pants can go lurk in the vanilla-and-deception-smelling bin until they learn the error of their ways.

Oh, my rash is still visible but it seems to be on the way out.

What is the name of the spray? Is it universally available? I used to use a 5-gallon plastic paint can as a diaper pail. I finally threw it away when I could no longer stand its smell. It was the recipient of many and frequent washings, but despite that got worse and worse. Now, the disposables go directly into the kitchen trash; the cloth diapers get washed ASAP (never longer than the next day).

I wonder, if you rinsed the plastics in water after spraying them that, could that help prevent rash? But then again, you couldn't put them back on until they dried after spraying. Happy to hear your rash is better. It can really hurt.

On 12/13/2018 at 7:43 AM, oznl said:

I had a partner who was once an enthusiastic participant.  I think at the back of my mind I always knew that this was my thing, not hers, but it seemed to me that we could find enough common ground to have fun and I think we did.

Due to my wife and not accepting of diapers, I don't own any or do any diaper wearing. Used to when she was out of town Mon-Thurs several years ago, but now she's retired so she's around 95% of the time. Only really alone time I get is riding 200-250 miles per week with the local bike club. Used to have a roommate 33yrs+ ago that I had a blast with for about 4yrs. She'd diaper me, then I'd diaper her. We didn't do the bulky route, but would wear going to restaurants & long rides on my '82 Honda 750. Man, she was great and I wished I could've lived with her forever. Sadly things "change" and we parted ways but she was the greatest time of my life. Once we were in a KMart walking by the baby aisle and they had plastic baby pants on hangers and she held up a pair in front of her waist abd said "Bet you'd like to get me into these!" I said "Yeah, but they're a little small for you!" She'd do things like that---loved it!!! Once I was laying on my stomach watching TV with shorts on and she said "Your diaper is sticking out the back, let me fix it for you" I rolled onto my back and said "I'm taking off those shorts, babies should be showing off their diapers!" and made me stay in a diaper and t-shirt for the rest of the day!!! Was so f'kin great!!!! What memories.

8 hours ago, ppdude said:

What is the name of the spray? Is it universally available? I used to use a 5-gallon plastic paint can as a diaper pail. I finally threw it away when I could no longer stand its smell. It was the recipient of many and frequent washings, but despite that got worse and worse. Now, the disposables go directly into the kitchen trash; the cloth diapers get washed ASAP (never longer than the next day).

I wonder, if you rinsed the plastics in water after spraying them that, could that help prevent rash? But then again, you couldn't put them back on until they dried after spraying. Happy to hear your rash is better. It can really hurt.

http://www.enzymewizard.com.au/products/urine-stain-odour-remover

This stuff works...  Like "How clean is my crime scene?" works...  I can buy a 1 litre spray bottle retail in Australia for around A$30 so it isn't cheap but it IS effective.  The website suggests that there are distributors for it in the USA.

According to the FAQ, I don't need to rinse after spraying because it breaks down to inert substances.  The enzyme reaction takes a little while to become effective.  Don't expect to spray and sniff, give it a few hours.

9 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I found this interesting. I haven't experienced a true involuntary release scenario while awake, although it feels like the urgency ramps up way faster than it used to, and there are fewer "gates" to take down to initiate voiding, and once it has started, I have to give serious thought into detecting if it is ongoing or finished. I was absentmindedly peeing into a diaper while prepping to take a shower the other day, and when I blew one side of the hatch just before stepping into the shower, to my surprise, I was still lightly tinkling, causing me to tape the diaper back up and not remove it until I was actually standing in the shower. But, that said, I wear boxers to the gym, and I haven't had an incident there, although I have had to cinch up after almost initiating liquid transfer a couple of times - "WAIT... right, no diaper."

Pretty much the same here at this point.  Should for some reason, I forget to relax (happens all the time annoyingly), I will now get a pee urge quickly that is out of proportion to the amount of pee stored.  The other thing that I think I've mentioned before is the new "fast track" process between thinking about peeing and having wet pants.  It's like a few steps in the process have been removed for my convenience. 

I woke up the other night busting for a wee and worried about flooding/leaking in bed.  It was nothing...  The other mystery is why some nights I will wake multiple times with mild urges, other nights wake just once with a large urge and on very rare nights, not wake at all until morning with a suspiciously-drenched nappy.  My bladder behaviour is quite unpredictable lately.

The wetting-whilst-awake thing was a bit weird and I'm still not entirely sure what happened there.  It was more like I forgot to do something to stop myself rather than lost control.  Sometimes I think that I'd wet my pants if I wasn't in nappies even today simply because at this point, I'd forget that I wasn't diapered, relax and the "insta-wet" thing would happen.  I'm sure Pavlovian conditioning would swiftly sort that one out though.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, oznl said:

The wetting-whilst-awake thing was a bit weird and I'm still not entirely sure what happened there.  It was more like I forgot to do something to stop myself rather than lost control.  Sometimes I think that I'd wet my pants if I wasn't in nappies even today simply because at this point, I'd forget that I wasn't diapered, relax and the "insta-wet" thing would happen.  I'm sure Pavlovian conditioning would swiftly sort that one out though.

I generally get a few seconds between knowing I'm going to wet and the wetting starting.  This never happens when I'm lying down in bed, so I can still get away with (reluctantly) not wearing in bed.  The rest of the time though, I've always been in a nappy, except when in the shower, for over a year now.  My wetting is pretty much automatic now.  When I run a tap I the 'few seconds' is a lot shorter.  And I haven't tried to stop the flow starting or continuing for over a year.  When I get out of bed in the morning, that feeling sometimes starts, and I head fast to the bathroom - the 'few seconds' is enough.  I've never had to face forgetting I wasn't in a nappy, and I hope I never do.  I don't really care whether I've lost control or not, and if I never find out that'll be fine.  After all my little side doesn't really understand there is such a thing as control. ?

17 hours ago, oznl said:

http://www.enzymewizard.com.au/products/urine-stain-odour-remover

This stuff works...  Like "How clean is my crime scene?" works...  I can buy a 1 litre spray bottle retail in Australia for around A$30 so it isn't cheap but it IS effective.  The website suggests that there are distributors for it in the USA.

According to the FAQ, I don't need to rinse after spraying because it breaks down to inert substances.  The enzyme reaction takes a little while to become effective.  Don't expect to spray and sniff, give it a few hours.

Crime scene clean. How did you know about my crime scene?  :rolleyes:

I am definitely getting some of this like ordering it today. Thanks!

Crime scene clean. How did you know about my crime scene?  :rolleyes:
I am definitely getting some of this like ordering it today. Thanks!

Still messing my pants cannot afford diapers right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still messing my pants cannot afford diapers right now

But i kind of enjoy pooping my pants

Why can't you afford them? Got plastic panties? If you do, wear them. Rusty Pins has it down when it comes to thrift stores and diapers. Invest in some cloth when you can.

Had to give my check for rent

Thrift stores i bought at goodwill before but i checked last week they just had baby diapers

53 minutes ago, scif788 said:

Thrift stores i bought at goodwill before but i checked last week they just had baby diapers

Having shelter is pretty important. Just a little above sex and food. I know all about it as does everyone else. The blood-sucking mortgage is due this week. Only three more years before it's paid off -- I hope... Bummer about thrift store having only baby diapers. Probably could use them as stuffers though.

Having shelter is pretty important. Just a little above sex and food. I know all about it as does everyone else. The blood-sucking mortgage is due this week. Only three more years before it's paid off -- I hope... Bummer about thrift store having only baby diapers. Probably could use them as stuffers though.

True

Earlier this week, I crossed the "6 month" line for being continuously diapered.  Effectively, I have lived the life of a person with total urinary incontinence since the beginning of April.  It’s been half a year since I’ve since my underwear didn't wind up wet, gotten up out of bed in the morning dry or left the toilet seat up.

I’ve had leaks, smells, too much luggage, awkward moments and eventually, even nappy rash but I still don’t have the slightest enthusiasm to come out of diapers and I don’t even know where my underwear is anymore.

On the domestic front, things are, well, average…  It’s not bad, but it’s not great either.  It’s hard to tell whether this is because of my decision to wear nappies or because of the menopause rampaging through my wife’s hormone balance, some other factors outside the two of us that have complicated family life, or some conflation of all of them.  It isn’t discussed because I shut down discussion months ago.  I did this because it wasn’t discussion anyway, it was just a one-way campaign from her that I thought was likely to kill our relationship as effectively as the nappies themselves ever could.  When it comes to discovering why our partners love us, sometimes ignorance is bliss.  Separation at our age would be socially and financially catastrophic and I suspect we’d both wind up lonely so my primary objective, was and is, that our relationship should survive this.

So, what’s my body doing 6 months in to abandoning potty training?  Let’s wash reality against the benchmark document here, the “12 month Diaper Training Program” and it’s 6 month milestones:

Not much seems to be changing, you still seem like you have control over your bladder and bowels, and may even still wake up with the urge to pee, but things are changing!

Well, in what my partner must regard as the smallest of mercies, I haven’t abandoned bowel control so I can’t comment on that.  With respect to bladder control, I still think I am in charge but there have been some changes for sure and the bar has been lowered for “accidents”.  I wake up and pee quite a few times most nights but I don’t remember it that well anymore.  In certain, rare circumstances, I’ve wet myself in bed asleep and once or twice, I’ve gone a little bit in my nappy during the day without really meaning to but they were all isolated circumstances with considerable contributory negligence.

My control does seem to fluctuate a little but it’s always there.  Some days are “normal”, some days are a bit wobbly.  My (isolated and rare) bedwetting seems a little ahead of the curve but that may be well to do with the fact that I’d been 24/7 for 2.5 months just before my 6 months or the fact that I’ve been a practicing DL for 4 decades.

So, not incontinent although I suspect that if I came out of nappies, it’s possible, even likely that I might wet myself in an absent-minded moment because I’m so used to peeing whenever and wherever I am without stopping to think about what I’m wearing.

Your bladder has shrunk to half its previous volume

I didn’t measure it to begin with.  Still, I suspect there has been shrinkage.  A couple of times where I’ve forgotten to keep the “tap open” as it were, I’ve experienced pee urges quite disproportionate to the small amount of pee it seemed I had stored.  One night recently, I woke up with a monumental pee urge (this still happens sometimes).  The urge was so strong that I worried about flooding and leaking.  I need not have.  There really wasn’t that much pee.

On those nights where I clearly remember, I generally wake and wet 2 – 4 times and wet.  Prior to 24/7, I could get by with maybe just one pee overnight, sometimes none.

·       You may find that you pee almost every half hour. If you stopped wearing at this point, you would find that you have a severely diminished bladder size and urinary frequency.

I don’t really know.  I probably pee a little every 10 – 15 minutes if I’m thinking about it.  If I forget to relax, it might be half an hour before I “notice” so I suppose that’s about right.  I do suspect I have a high frequency/low volume pee habit but as I am in nappies all the time (and use them semi-automatically) it’s very hard to tell.

So, what next?

For now, I plan to carry on.  6 months has been an easy stretch.  In December, it would have been 12 months since I first started ramping up to 24/7 and would mean that I’d spent 11 of the 12 months of 2019 diapered.  That sounds like a plan.

Oh yeah, I’m not supposed to have a plan.  That way I can’t fail.

• Like 3

I think if I started losing bowl control somehow, it would cause me to seriously reconsider my foray into 24/7 wearing. I have utmost respect for people who actually have to contend with that, because it seems nightmarishly inconvenient. I spend a good part of the day in a damp nappy and, barring the occasional product failure or user error, for the most part I can conduct myself with confidence and do whatever I want to without giving my infantile underclothes too much thought. Whereas if I knew that I could at anytime unexpectedly face a containment breach of nuclear proportions and consequences, I'd be a hell of a lot more conservative in my activities, and I'd probably only wear severe-duty diapers, under enormous baby pants, which is not how I want to have to travel in the world, so I'd become a shut-in, I suspect. Or I would cease consuming solids. My hat is off to those of you that deal with that. 

I think if I started losing bowl control somehow, it would cause me to seriously reconsider my foray into 24/7 wearing. I have utmost respect for people who actually have to contend with that, because it seems nightmarishly inconvenient. I spend a good part of the day in a damp nappy and, barring the occasional product failure or user error, for the most part I can conduct myself with confidence and do whatever I want to without giving my infantile underclothes too much thought. Whereas if I knew that I could at anytime unexpectedly face a containment breach of nuclear proportions and consequences, I'd be a hell of a lot more conservative in my activities, and I'd probably only wear severe-duty diapers, under enormous baby pants, which is not how I want to have to travel in the world, so I'd become a shut-in, I suspect. Or I would cease consuming solids. My hat is off to those of you that deal with that. 

Ive been doubly incontinent for four years i still have more bowel control than bladder control.

18 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Yep.  I'll admit I've let the odd dirty nappy happen when circumstances and privacy permit but full fecal incontinence? That's a game changer.  More than one person has told me that it's at best "on the cards" too (but not automatically so some solace there)...

So far, there is absolutely no evidence of this beyond a conflation of needs sometimes.  If I really need to #2, it's very hard to #1 without #2 joining the party.

Nullo seems to be unobtainium in Australia (presumably far too dangerous for the Australian Government to allow its citizens to play with) and even after that, there's the skin breakdown issues, infection (pee is technically clean!) and vastly more complicated changing logistics.

I've been told that the trick to odour control is to control air exchange from within your nappy and the outside world.  So, I'm either wearing a latex body wrap in a sub-tropical climate or getting around in a diver's dry suit with a peg on my nose.

Just no...

This week, a study of spousal disapproval in miniature:

We’d just returned home early that evening having been out at an afternoon event for quite a few hours.  There had been craft beer.  Plenty of it.  And an Uber to get us home.  Consequentially I needed changing, reasonably urgently...  I wasn’t leaking but nor was I about to sit down on any hard surfaces either.  It was tacitly understood that I would “shower first” as she delicately put it.

Suitably washed, dried, creamed, re-diapered and re-dressed I returned downstairs and commenced a search for cashew nuts and (more) alcohol whilst she went upstairs to shower herself.

A few minutes later she was back, standing behind me whilst I surveyed what the refrigerator had to offer.

“There’s a THING…  On our en-suite sink…  Can you deal with it?  Please? Now?” she asked tremulously, looking up at me with an expression of horror.  She used the word “thing” as if it were a rotting carcass held precariously at the end of a pair of tongs.

Was it a large spider? (This has happened.)   Was it a snake? (Yeah, this has happened too: life in the sub-tropics.)

No. 

I’d left my wet Molicare, balled up neatly on the vanity counter top by accident.  It didn’t smell, it was tightly wrapped to the degree that the casual observer might not even have realised what it was.

The puzzle for me was why my minor, temporary and risk-free oversight would necessitate the abandonment of her shower in favour of an interventional decontamination mission.  Would not a more normal response be one of exasperated annoyance, followed by (temporary) disregard whilst she showered and a request for me to clean up after myself later.  Did she think she was going to contract nappy rash from it by being in the same room?  I don’t even HAVE nappy rash (anymore at least, got that sorted).

It was also unclear to me why she felt unable to identify the article using its precise name as opposed to the indefinite noun of “thing”.  Nobody apart from her and I were in the entire house at the time.  Maybe she thought our Google Home might be listening.  Maybe this is a twist on Orwellian new-speak and by corrupting language, reality will somehow rearrange itself in alignment.  Maybe it’s like “Harry Potter” and henceforth, instead of adult nappies, I should call them “Voldemorts”.                                                                     

1 hour ago, oznl said:

It was also unclear to me why she felt unable to identify the article using its precise name as opposed to the indefinite noun of “thing”.  Nobody apart from her and I were in the entire house at the time.  Maybe she thought our Google Home might be listening.  Maybe this is a twist on Orwellian new-speak and by corrupting language, reality will somehow rearrange itself in alignment.  Maybe it’s like “Harry Potter” and henceforth, instead of adult nappies, I should call them “Voldemorts”.

So that's not just us then!  My other half has so far found it incredibly difficult to say 'nappy' or 'dummy', and 'thing' has been the usual substitute.  She's got as far as being OK with 'bottle', and she's started coming round to 'dummy'. Not sure she's said 'change' yet.  The waterproof mattress cover was a 'thing' last time she referred to it, but that may have changed by now.  I'll probably find out in a couple of weeks if I take one on holiday with us.  Mind you, I've got a nappy bucket in the bathroom, so I'm not really complaining.  Any sign of Death Eaters yet?

• Like 1

I was intrigued by reading both @Stroller's and @oznl's experiences with the "that which shall not be named" phenomenon. My wife hasn't, as far as I can recall, ever used the term "diaper", though she did once offer to pick me up some of "those" while she was out shopping (accompanied by a gesture towards the bottom drawer of my dresser, where I keep some nappies). As an aside, I almost should have let her do that, just to see what she came up with - perhaps this would have revealed her spousal diaper preferences, if she has any, although I suspected it would more likely have resulted in her coming back with some granny-aimed pull-up product that I'd end up never using. Or the expensive Depends that look like men's underwear and last about a half-hour in the trenches. She hasn't said "dummy" or "pacifier" or in any way addressed their existence. Though I don't walk around the house with one, or leave them lying about, only using them when I sleep, for the most part, but she's definitely seen them - she'll often sit up and look at something on her phone or iPad in bed after I've gone to sleep.

She has buried a diaper I tossed into our bathroom trash can (as a temporary measure only) under random crumpled bits of tissue, and she did once move a new diaper I'd left in the bathroom to elsewhere in the bathroom. I don't use the word "diaper" with her much, either, I guess - I have asked once if she could tell I had a diaper on, when I had to dash down to the kitchen and I'd already strapped into a bulky plastic night diaper, so had pulled some over-sized track pants on over it in the off chance I might encounter one of my kids in the hall at 11:30 PM. And earlier this week, when we had to attend to an election registration issue, I said "Well I'm not wearing THIS diaper to the elections office" while stripping down to a fairly wet, big plastic diaper of the type I usually wear to bed. That also served as a not-too-subtle further confirmation that I seem to be wearing diapers later and later into the day after I get up, from her perspective, since this was 3 PM. I put a smaller diaper on prior to heading out, though I have no idea if she knew (or cared) what I had on under my clothes after that. 

Also, she sorted laundry from last week onto piles on our bed on Sunday night, and due to a knee injury that seems to be resolving itself, I hadn't gone to the gym in a week... so, there were precisely zero of my underwear in my pile of clothes. I'm not sure if she noted that or not - lately,  it's usually been maybe two or three pairs, corresponding to my two or three gym visits a week, and she hasn't said anything about that. Maybe she thinks I'm turning them inside out and getting an extra day out of them?